Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 258482 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

“It's Time. . .”

Since: Jun 13

New Holland

#222565 Apr 2, 2014
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
Gay people do have an agenda: to be treated equally before the law. Horrible, isn't it?
Horrendous!! Anyone would think that you were actually Homo Sapiens too.
:D

“It's Time. . .”

New Holland

#222566 Apr 2, 2014
Thinking wrote:
Gay marriages began all across England and Wales at the weekend. Scotland will follow within months. If a gay couple already has a civil partnership, they can trade it up for a full marriage certificate or they can get married again if they prefer.
But Northern Ireland? They're as bigoted as the rest of Ireland. No foreseeable progress there, I'm afraid.
<quoted text>
God save our gracious queens! I guess Will and Kate aren't the only ones to be having a royal wedding, now.
OG Kush

Clermont, FL

#222567 Apr 2, 2014
BenAdam wrote:
The UN just announced that the biggest threat in the Congo right now is Christian Militias commit genocide (and rape) against Muslims.
http://www.standardmedia.co.ke/mobile/...
If you have serious faith in Jesus why not perform Jesus missionary work in Saudi Arabia and give them the 'truth'?

I think the 'truth' is... their heads could lopped off and no one will protect them except (sarcasm) Buddha... and he hasn't finished his 10th 'hot pocket' for today!

Conversely...
If we're all 'gods children' what's "in gods green earth " is so very special about Jesus?

“It's Time. . .”

New Holland

#222568 Apr 2, 2014
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
i'm responding to the fascism in our society that's attempting to prohibit moral freedom of speech.
please don't take it personally unless it personally apllies:-)
Moral freedom of speech? HA! HA! HA!

“It's Time. . .”

New Holland

#222569 Apr 2, 2014
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
When you need to lie this much, you're disqualifying yourself from reasonable discussion. You're just dishonest and therefore worthless.
Konnichiwa, Hiding.

“It's Time. . .”

New Holland

#222570 Apr 2, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
You should get out more.
"In May, 2004, the NGLTF (National Lesbian and Gay Task Force) announced a new alliance with the Woodhull Freedom Foundation (WFF), a sexual liberation group that seeks to abolish laws against prostitution; overturn “age of consent” laws protecting children from adult sexual predators; and seeks to legalize homosexual sodomy in public restrooms and
parks. The WFF also seeks to ban all abstinence-only sex education materials in our nation’s public schools."
http://www.narth.org/docs/gslgroups.html

If you want any credibility, I strongly suggest you don't post propaganda from right-wing hate groups on here.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Associa...
http://www.truthwinsout.org/narth/
http://www.splcenter.org/get-informed/intelli...

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#222571 Apr 2, 2014
OG Kush wrote:
<quoted text>
If you have serious faith in Jesus why not perform Jesus missionary work in Saudi Arabia and give them the 'truth'?....
Because I am not a Christian nor Muslim.

"If they do not want to hear the truth then leave that home or town." - Jesus

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#222572 Apr 2, 2014
OG Kush wrote:
<quoted text>If you have serious faith in Jesus why not perform Jesus missionary work in Saudi Arabia and give them the 'truth'?

I think the 'truth' is... their heads could lopped off and no one will protect them except (sarcasm) Buddha... and he hasn't finished his 10th 'hot pocket' for today!

Conversely...
If we're all 'gods children' what's "in gods green earth " is so very special about Jesus?
His character played an intricate part, that being the recycled Horus, in the bible story invented by fed up Romans.

The sheep have been lapping it up ever since its inception and are still bickering amongst themselves, over "interpretations" because they cannot fathom the simple horror and bullsh!t found in reading the damn book as it was written and rewritten.

Ad nauseam.

Et cetera and so on and on and on.
number four

Since: May 12

Las Vegas, NV

#222573 Apr 2, 2014
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
"Ben Franklin was a US President." -#4
....you...YOU LIE....!...
number four

Since: May 12

Las Vegas, NV

#222574 Apr 2, 2014
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
God Damn you are stupid.
...NOT MY FAULT....!!!...I had a public education ...

“It's Time. . .”

New Holland

#222575 Apr 2, 2014
Divinity Surgeon wrote:
<quoted text>
They sure are, the numbers are staggering.
The percentage of homosexual pedophiles is less than 3%
The percentage of heterosexual pedophiles is 97%
Those are the general stats from 2012 - 2014.
Of course the christians will deny this but the only way the numbers could change on any kind of noticeable scale is if all the priests and ministers around the world say they are homosexuals.
Yes, there is something I find interesting about that filthy scumbag Brett Cowan. Our most notorious pedophile and child murderer preyed mostly on boys - yet his adult relationships were all with women.
http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news/daniel-m...
http://www.goldcoastbulletin.com.au/news/crim...

“It's Time. . .”

New Holland

#222576 Apr 2, 2014
Atheist Silurist wrote:
Saudi Arabia declares atheists terrorists under new laws targeting citizens who 'call for secular thought in any form'
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-25941...
Fcuking Saudi pigs. What a disgusting bunch of cretins they are. The biggest terrorists on the planet and they got the cheek to call atheists terrorists.
Let's send Porter there. He'd love it!!!

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#222577 Apr 2, 2014
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
You just can't leave the gays alone, can ya waaaasup? Would you like to talk about that?
okay sure!

when you leave the saints alone, sata...er...wilderide, i'll leave the gays alone:-)

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#222578 Apr 2, 2014
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
That would be nice were it true. Most of your posts suggest otherwise though. Accusing my partner and I of being indecent perverts, for example. I'm still waiting for you to explain what is indecent about either of us or our relationship.
i see, so you're holding me and Christianity hostage until we agree that homosexuality is at least as decent as God's design between a man and a woman....

and to think 'they' insist that there's no gay agenda! can you believe these outrageously evil dogs???

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#222579 Apr 2, 2014
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
Buck is a communist!
you're a fascist and that's worse!

wilderide - "i demand that you think and say the homosexuality is virtuous or we will ruin your world!"

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#222580 Apr 2, 2014
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>okay sure!

when you leave the saints alone, sata...er...wilderide, i'll leave the gays alone:-)
Saints!? Seriously?! Where?

“I see quantum effects”

Location hidden

#222581 Apr 2, 2014
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>i see, so you're holding me and Christianity hostage until we agree that homosexuality is at least as decent as God's design between a man and a woman....

and to think 'they' insist that there's no gay agenda! can you believe these outrageously evil dogs???
Do what you want.

Leave other people alone.

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#222582 Apr 2, 2014
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Really, yet you leave out a critical conjunction “if,” in 1st Timothy 2:15.
And you are accusing another of poor reading and comprehension?
My dear friend, hypocrisy doth abound in thy soul. Is this a trait of Atheism or just a individual paroxysm with thee?
my new best bro!

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#222583 Apr 2, 2014
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
This means that a woman must not only bear children, but they must ALSO be faithful. But unless they pop out kids, then all their faithfulness is for naught. Because Eve made men fall, or something.
please don't be jealous just cuz you can't give your hubby a baby through your annis....:-(

“I see quantum effects”

Location hidden

#222584 Apr 2, 2014
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>you're a fascist and that's worse!

wilderide - "i demand that you think and say the homosexuality is virtuous or we will ruin your world!"
Unlike you, who says homosexuality is an abomination because I have an ancient book written by a mythical figure that says so.

Splinter/plank.

Ring a bell?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The war on Christmas (Dec '10) 3 min Frindly 4,957
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 6 min Frindly 83,817
News Why Atheist Richard Dawkins Supports Religious ... (Jun '17) 1 hr Frindly 3,222
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) 4 hr Eagle 12 - 4,000
hell is a real place. so.. ahtiesm is a faux li... 15 hr Eagle 12 - 15
High School Atheism 17 hr blacklagoon 3 39
what science will NEVER be able to prove 18 hr blacklagoon 3 61
More from around the web