Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent. Full Story
IPSEC

Fort Worth, TX

#221706 Mar 27, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course. The FemiNazi Topix Atheist! could never learn from a Christian man. Never.
Verily, I tell you
Sure she could. She just couldn't learn from an ignorant, misogynistic, bigot like you.
IPSEC

Fort Worth, TX

#221707 Mar 27, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
You're concession is noted and accepted.
That took a lot less time than I thought I would....
"(You are) concession is noted and accepted."?

Homonyms are Christian kryptonite. Well, so is critical thinking, but that is for another post.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#221708 Mar 27, 2014
Skombolis wrote:
God made his covenant with"every living creature" and man was the only creation that screwed up so bad it needed to be saved from itself.
I think you mean that man needs to be saved from a god that can't stomach him as he was created.

It's not clear why we alone were given standards that we couldn't meet. I'm sure glad that dogs weren't told that if they disobeyed that they would be tortured forever. I like dogs, and am sure that they are doing the best they can just like you and me.
Skombolis wrote:
It says in the Bible that even when a sparrow falls, God is there
Unfortunately, when man fell, only the serpent was there-
IPSEC

Fort Worth, TX

#221709 Mar 27, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you confusing this with your pregnancy tests?
Funny, but you clowns usually consider women to be nothing more than incubators.
IPSEC

Fort Worth, TX

#221710 Mar 27, 2014
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
I think you mean that man needs to be saved from a god that can't stomach him as he was created.
It's not clear why we alone were given standards that we couldn't meet. I'm sure glad that dogs weren't told that if they disobeyed that they would be tortured forever. I like dogs, and am sure that they are doing the best they can just like you and me.
<quoted text>
Unfortunately, when man fell, only the serpent was there-
Burn!
IPSEC

Fort Worth, TX

#221711 Mar 27, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
Whether you know him or not, he contradicts your statements.
Richard Charles "Dick" Lewontin (born March 29, 1929) is an American evolutionary biologist, geneticist, academic and social commentator. A leader in developing the mathematical basis of population genetics and evolutionary theory, he pioneered the application of techniques from molecular biology, such as gel electrophoresis, to questions of genetic variation and evolution.
In a pair of 1966 papers co-authored with J.L. Hubby in the journal Genetics,[3][4] Lewontin helped set the stage for the modern field of molecular evolution. In 1979 he and Stephen Jay Gould introduced the term "spandrel" into evolutionary theory. From 1973 to 1998, he held an endowed chair in zoology and biology at Harvard University, and since 2003 has been a research professor there.
Lewontin strongly opposes genetic determinism, especially as allegedly propounded by researchers in behavioral genetics.
Funny, but your lover RR has declared Wikipedia suddenly unreliable and here you cut and paste from this unreliable source without attribution.

And, what are you, some kind of Commie? From your source:

"Lewontin has at times identified himself as Marxist, and admitted that his ideological views have affected his scientific work."

You're a Commie!
IPSEC

Fort Worth, TX

#221712 Mar 27, 2014
Christian Creepiness:

"During the ceremony, the fathers present their daughters with purity rings, and the duo become boyfriend and girlfriend.

"You keep this on your finger and as of this point you are married to the Lord and your father is your boyfriend," the father says as he hands his daughter the ring."

Hopefully this sentence is just terrible structure and not the real intent of the words:

"Having sex with, kissing or touching a man (other than their fathers) before marriage is strictly prohibited."

http://www.designntrend.com/articles/11954/20...

Yep, Christianity has nothing to do with mind control and women are just as equal as men. Where are the purity balls for the boys?
IPSEC

Fort Worth, TX

#221713 Mar 27, 2014
Wait, what?

"You keep this on your finger and as of this point you are married to the Lord and your father is your boyfriend," the father says as he hands his daughter the ring."

Married and a boyfriend? Why, the little slut is already an adulteress.
IPSEC

Fort Worth, TX

#221714 Mar 27, 2014
This one bears repeating:

"Having sex with, kissing or touching a man (other than their fathers) before marriage is strictly prohibited."

Christians are creepy!

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#221715 Mar 27, 2014
Skombolis wrote:
You first said faith could never lead to truth. Of course it could.
How does faith lead to truth? How does faith lead anywhere if you can have faith in any idea or its opposite?

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#221716 Mar 27, 2014
IPSEC wrote:
<quoted text>Funny, but you clowns usually consider women to be nothing more than incubators.
And dishwashers.
IPSEC

Fort Worth, TX

#221717 Mar 27, 2014
Oh, and those "Purity Balls" don't work and are further evidence of the harm of a Christian dogma.

"The National Longitudinal Study of Adolescent Health data supports the conclusion that teenagers making virginity pledges, including those promulgated through purity balls, usually do not adhere to the required standard of chastity, and are less prepared to utilize safer sex precautions in mitigating the risks of sexual activity when it does occur. The percentage of teenagers in a given area who have made virginity pledges is positively correlated with the frequency with which sexually transmitted diseases occur."

http://www.cpc.unc.edu/projects/addhealth

Stupid Christians.
IPSEC

Fort Worth, TX

#221718 Mar 27, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
And dishwashers.
Your pride in your self-loathing, is that a function of your Christianity or just a symptom?

“I started out with nothing”

Since: Nov 10

and still got most of it left

#221719 Mar 27, 2014
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Hmm, you're not black haired, male and Russian or have a desire to rule the Slav's either.
On another note , I watched the program "Secrets of the London Tower".
It really made me want to go see it, maybe some day I can.:)
Not sure it’s worth the trip, the “tour” is not like the TV but if you are over here anyway. It may be worth spending an hour.

I remember being pointed out the spot where prisoners were executed, I spent the rest of the talk looking for blood on the cobbles. The highpoint of the tour…
IPSEC

Fort Worth, TX

#221720 Mar 27, 2014
One more time, for posterity:

Christians are creepy!
IPSEC

Fort Worth, TX

#221721 Mar 27, 2014
I guess it's better than drowning the kids in a bathtub to keep them pure for Jesus.

#221722 Mar 27, 2014
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
If I had to compare you , and only by what you have said of yourself.
I would have to compare you to Dianna , only maybe a bit less royal and much less American.
I could imagine a Dianna like blond English lady driving a Jaguar, who commands some respect, like a Thatcher or something.:)
I though you meant for a moment, Diana the Roman goddess of the hunt – I was flattered

But not sure I like the idea of being a Diana princess of Wales, it seems she was a very troubles woman.

And definitely not a Thatcher

I was in Soerento in Italy, A yacht anchored off shore. My hotel balcony overlooked the bay and the yacht . A young couple flirted and frolicked on deck. It was not some weeks until after my holiday that it came out that the couple were Diana and Dodi
IPSEC

Fort Worth, TX

#221723 Mar 27, 2014
Ugh, it's worse than I thought. Look at this photo of a "Purity Ball" father kissing his daughter (trigger warning for incest survivors).

http://progressivepopulist.org/2014/03/21/pur...

Christians are creepy!

#221724 Mar 27, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
RiversideRedneck wrote:
So what if Stalin thinks Jesus existed, you do too.
You just admitted it, you think He was an anarchist, murderer and terrorist.
Does that make you a theist? Does that make you a Christian?
<quoted text>
Because you and Stalin both believe Jesus existed.
You would know that, if you could read.
So do you, does that make you an atheist?

#221725 Mar 27, 2014
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Why does a butch lesbian dress and act like a man to attract another lesbian?
I have no idea, you tell me

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) 19 min _Bad Company 22,920
The Dumbest Thing Posted by a Godbot (Jun '10) 54 min Richardfs 5,584
Our world came from nothing? 1 hr Richardfs 674
20+ Questions for Theists (Apr '13) 2 hr Andre 463
Another week, another atheist demands we call h... 2 hr Thinking 2
Is Religion Childish? 2 hr Thinking 2
Atheists forgetting the meaning of freedom 7 hr NightSerf 146

Atheism People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE