Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 258478 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

IPSEC

Oglesby, TX

#221445 Mar 25, 2014
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
Trust me, I wasn't offering. Judging by the way you act I'd say no one ever does.
Bwahahaha. Not even steer, sheep, or lizards.
IPSEC

Oglesby, TX

#221447 Mar 25, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
Your daughter's hanging with the wrong crowd.
Does she like big, athletic southern boys?
That was silly. Who doesn't?
Bubba called. He misses you.
Pardon me, but your ignorant racism is showing.
IPSEC

Oglesby, TX

#221449 Mar 25, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
I've gotten more than Frank Sinatra.
Some of which I remember.
Yes, you've gotten more dick than Sinatra. Good for you. It sucks to suck.
IPSEC

Oglesby, TX

#221450 Mar 25, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
The creator would be necessarily independent of time because time's existence was inititiated by an act of the creator, namely, the emergence of the universe in which time is defined.
If the creator was created, such an event would still be independent of time, as time would not exist except for the action of the created creator.
More to the point, nobody believes in a created god, so nobody believes that type of god exists.
The cyclical universe model you imagine does not help the problem of a caused universe and the traversing of infinite time. It relocates the necessity of a cause further in the past, and the infinite cycles would mean that our present cycle could never occur, and we would not exist and not be discussing it.
Nobody?
IPSEC

Oglesby, TX

#221451 Mar 25, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
Neither time nor space can be infinite.
Nothing can be infinite. Once a quantity of something becomes known to exist, it can never exceed a finite quantity. Each successive addition is the next larger finite.
The cyclical universe cannot be infinite, and must be caused. The first cycle is encumbered with the same causality requirement as the single universe.
And if you say there is no first cycle, then there can be no present cycle and we do not exist. Arriving at the present requires a finite past.
Your infinite stupidity and dishonesty...wow, look, a squirrel!
IPSEC

Oglesby, TX

#221452 Mar 25, 2014
KiMare wrote:
The universe, created from nothing and in the end, rolled back up like a scroll.
Even noting that the universe appears to be flat.
Science finally caught up.
Smile.
You were created from a sweaty grump and a trail of regretful tears. Nothing would be an improvement. Or, your mother swallowing, instead. Bukakimare. KiMare's delusional choice.
IPSEC

Oglesby, TX

#221453 Mar 25, 2014
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Really?
Just how did a 'rational atheist' oxymoron rule out an Intelligent Force?
Smile.
read your profile. No intelligence. You fail.. Again.

Get a job, defrocked preacher. Stop being a taker.
IPSEC

Oglesby, TX

#221454 Mar 25, 2014
Skombolis wrote:
Stupid phone
Sorry bout multiple posts
Topix will prob delete them
Stupid Skum ex-con. Work it, bitch. Like your ass got worked in the joint.

“It's Time. . .”

Since: Jun 13

New Holland

#221456 Mar 26, 2014
IPSEC wrote:
<quoted text>Then why the indoctrination with song and sermon before children can think critically enough to inoculate themselves from the virus?
"Give me a child before the age of five and I shall have him for life"
The Jesuits
Josef Goebbels
The Most Dishonorable Reverend James Dobson (R-Rekkers)
And they were so right.
:-(

“It's Time. . .”

New Holland

#221457 Mar 26, 2014
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. sharing personal experiences is a method of convincing ..
Yes, esp in a person who is making a speech. It does work in autobiographies too.

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#221458 Mar 26, 2014
Happy Lesbo wrote:
This will be my last post on Topix.
In the past three years, I have shared part of self in numerous ways -- hopefully with introspection, insight and humor. I've enjoyed my debates with Buck, HFY, AIN and many others.
Goodbye all.
Thank you for sharing your decision.

But you will be missed. I enjoyed our discussions, and learned things about life from you. I will be honored if you consider me a friend.

Location hidden

#221459 Mar 26, 2014
karl44 wrote:
<quoted text>
you must be correct
you qualifications are overwhelming
uneducated bigoted misogynistic criminal Lying religitard
Thanks, Snarl.

That's important, coming from a simpering moron.

Location hidden

#221460 Mar 26, 2014
IPSEC wrote:
<quoted text>Stalin did not murder for atheism. That's impossible. Only a fool whose entire dogma is based on lies woul ever proffer that. Oops, yep, you.
You can't kill for atheism. Idiot.
--The historical record of killing for atheism is 182,716 times worse on an annual basis than Christianity's worst year.

--There is a 58 percent chance that an atheist leader will murder a noticeable percentage of the population over which he rules.

--Atheist crime against humanity is 18.3 million percent worse than the very worst depredation committed by Christians, even though atheists have had less than one-twentieth the number of opportunities with which to commit them.

Location hidden

#221461 Mar 26, 2014
IPSEC wrote:
<quoted text>Stupid Skum ex-con. Work it, bitch. Like your ass got worked in the joint.
I can't help but think of how your tone would change if I had your shirt collar in my grip.

“It's Time. . .”

New Holland

#221462 Mar 26, 2014
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. you enjoy trying to hurt people, don't you ??..
Yes he does. Another shining example of the "Lord's work".

“It's Time. . .”

New Holland

#221463 Mar 26, 2014
Happy Lesbo wrote:
This will be my last post on Topix.
In the past three years, I have shared part of self in numerous ways -- hopefully with introspection, insight and humor. I've enjoyed my debates with Buck, HFY, AIN and many others.
Goodbye all.
Wishing you all the best.

Location hidden

#221464 Mar 26, 2014
karl44 wrote:
<quoted text>
you concept of infinity is flawed
conveniently so, for your purposes
but totally flawed
the number line is infinite, yet we easily get to 4 or 92 or any other place needed or desired
There is no number line.

You show it to me, and I'll show you why it isn't infinite.

Location hidden

#221465 Mar 26, 2014
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
We are going to have to agree to disagree. I just don't see how space and time cannot be infinite, but God can. Nor do I see how a cyclical universe needed a first cycle or else no cycle would exist. I see no problem with having a universe with infinite space and yet still be able to measure parts of it, i.e. one can take finite parts from something infinite. I think you just don't like the idea of infinity except in the special case of a creator..
A finite part prohibits the whole from being infinite. Each succession will be the next finite quantity, and so on, and always. Physical existence prohibits infinity.

Nothing that physically exists can be infinite. It is impossible.

The creator, as theorized, would be "atemporal", not infinite.

"The infinite is nowhere to be found in reality. It neither exists in nature nor provides a legitimate basis for rational thought. The role that remains for the infinite is solely that of an idea."

-David Hilbert, one of the greatest mathematicians in history

"Actual infinity does not exist. What we call infinite is only the endless possibility of creating new objects no matter how many exist already"

-French mathematician Henri Poincare

"Infinity is merely a figure of speech which helps us talk about limits"

-German mathematician Carl Friedrich Gauss

Location hidden

#221466 Mar 26, 2014
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. that makes sense ..
.. my problem with ID is using the hypothesis to sneak Christianity back into the classroom when parental preferences like atheism, Hinduism, Buddhism or Judaism become disparaged, stigmatized and ultimately condemned ..
.. did you know the controversy over creationalism and ID has prevented evolution from being emphasized in science curricula in a manner commensurate with its importance? Pubic school teachers regularly face administrative pressure to minimize the teaching of evolution. Trust me, it's true ..
ID is not Christianity, or Judaism, or any religion, and there is not even an organized effort to have it taught in classrooms.

This is propaganda put out by people who want to control the discussion and have their own philosophical materialism forced on students.

From the Discovery Institute:

3. Should public schools require the teaching of intelligent design?

" No. Instead of mandating intelligent design, Discovery Institute recommends that states and school districts focus on teaching students more about evolutionary theory, including telling them about some of the theory's problems that have been discussed in peer-reviewed science journals. In other words, evolution should be taught as a scientific theory that is open to critical scrutiny, not as a sacred dogma that can't be questioned. We believe this is a common-sense approach that will benefit students, teachers, and parents."

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

#221467 Mar 26, 2014
Phantom2010 wrote:
<quoted text>Nature is why many spontaneously believe in God.

To see nature the universe and people and spontaneously believe it all happened on it's own, is to be indoctrinated by others and is a made up irrational mental concept.
Not understanding, or caring to try to understand, nature can lead to spontaneously believe in god.

Not being satisfied with simplistic answers leads to true understanding of nature.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 6 min Aura Mytha 57,708
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 24 min Aura Mytha 27,212
News Nonsense of a high order: The confused world of... 50 min Brad Shaw 1,739
The Dumbest Thing Posted by a Godbot (Jun '10) 1 hr Hedonist Heretic 5,939
News Washington court rules against florist in gay w... 2 hr Retribution 38
News Distrust of the non-religious runs deep in Amer... 2 hr Hedonist Heretic 102
Progress? 14 hr Eagle 12 62
News Why Do Atheists Ridicule Christianity? (May '11) 15 hr Eagle 12 11,911
More from around the web