Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 258461 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

“MEET KIKI -She Seeks Home”

Since: Oct 10

With Established Harem

#221430 Mar 25, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
To share our experiences.
.. religious testimonials are "solemn attestations as to the truth" (of God)..
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do you tell us about your scarves? Are you trying to convince us that scarves are sexy? Are you trying to convince us that scarves are needed?
.. why do you tell us about Mrs. RR enjoying a bit of butt action or how she relishes giving you head on her knees? How about "all women are dumb" ??..
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you trying to convince us of anything?
.. I refuse to take blame or credit for any decision anybody makes based on my input. That's on them ..

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#221431 Mar 25, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Nice speculation.
The Jedi counsel building wasn't necessarily destroyed, but I doubt Luke would set his new Jedi Counsel on Coruscant, the Empire wasn't entirely defeated, just the bulk of their forces at Endor. There'd still be bases all over the galaxy, making new ships and cloning more clones. It's not like the entire Empire went to Endor....
I hear the Emperor might be back, kinda like he saved his consciousness the way Spock did with McCoy. He supposedly had clones of himself made, but they don't live very long.
Damn it I can't wait!
Over this past weekend, I found a 1997 Kenner Chewbaca (without belt) at a garage sale. Two weekends ago, I found a old beat-up white lightsaber - missing the battery cover - for a quarter at a thrift shop!

It is now hanging from my ceiling along with another one I found at a garage sale a couple a years ago for 50 cents.

I'm a SW fan from a long time ago, and I don't think I ever will not be one.

“MEET KIKI -She Seeks Home”

Since: Oct 10

With Established Harem

#221432 Mar 25, 2014
This will be my last post on Topix.

In the past three years, I have shared part of self in numerous ways -- hopefully with introspection, insight and humor. I've enjoyed my debates with Buck, HFY, AIN and many others.

Goodbye all.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#221433 Mar 25, 2014
Happy Lesbo wrote:
.. religious testimonials are "solemn attestations as to the truth" (of God)..
Sometimes.

Other times they're just sharing experiences.
.. why do you tell us about Mrs. RR enjoying a bit of butt action or how she relishes giving you head on her knees? How about "all women are dumb" ??..
Because she does and they are.

Why do you share your scarf stories?
.. I refuse to take blame or credit for any decision anybody makes based on my input. That's on them ..
Seems like a cop out. Tell me why it's not.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#221434 Mar 25, 2014
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
Over this past weekend, I found a 1997 Kenner Chewbaca (without belt) at a garage sale. Two weekends ago, I found a old beat-up white lightsaber - missing the battery cover - for a quarter at a thrift shop!
It is now hanging from my ceiling along with another one I found at a garage sale a couple a years ago for 50 cents.
I'm a SW fan from a long time ago, and I don't think I ever will not be one.
Same here.

Always and forever.....

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#221435 Mar 25, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Same here.
Always and forever.....
I think I have at least 3 different VHS copies of the original trilogy and then the others on DVD or some other CD.

I know I have both endings of ROTJ on two different copies, as well as, the original and extended versions of epIV - ya know after GL decided to add some CG to Tattooine.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#221436 Mar 25, 2014
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
I think I have at least 3 different VHS copies of the original trilogy and then the others on DVD or some other CD.
I know I have both endings of ROTJ on two different copies, as well as, the original and extended versions of epIV - ya know after GL decided to add some CG to Tattooine.
Nice.

I remember back in high school, I used to come home and watch ROTJ on VHS everyday for like a month. I had the alien languages memorized. You know that from the beginning of the movie to when they blow up Jabba's ship is 39 minutes?

I shouldn't know that lol.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#221437 Mar 25, 2014
Happy Lesbo wrote:
This will be my last post on Topix.
In the past three years, I have shared part of self in numerous ways -- hopefully with introspection, insight and humor. I've enjoyed my debates with Buck, HFY, AIN and many others.
Goodbye all.
Wait, what?

Don't GOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

“pomkik pomkik pomkik pomkik”

Since: Mar 14

Location hidden

#221438 Mar 25, 2014
pomkik

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

#221439 Mar 25, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
No. If the universe is the beginning of chronological time, the creator of the universe would necessarily be independent of time, which is not the same as traversing an infinite quantity of time.
you must be correct

you qualifications are overwhelming

uneducated bigoted misogynistic criminal Lying religitard

“pomkik + pomkik”

Since: Mar 14

Location hidden

#221440 Mar 25, 2014
agreed.
IPSEC

Oglesby, TX

#221442 Mar 25, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
Many atheists think Christ existed.
Stalin was an atheist, he murdered and tortured for atheism, and he sought to produce an atheist Russia.
No honest person denies this.
Stalin did not murder for atheism. That's impossible. Only a fool whose entire dogma is based on lies woul ever proffer that. Oops, yep, you.

You can't kill for atheism. Idiot.
IPSEC

Oglesby, TX

#221443 Mar 25, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no such science saying life forms subconsciously guide their DNA.
You people get dumber all the time.
Yet, still, not as incurious and intentionally fallacious as you.
IPSEC

Oglesby, TX

#221444 Mar 25, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
Then you are confused. ID is a scientific hypothesis, and has nothing to do with philosophy.
Darwinism has much to do with philosophy.
Geneticist and Darwinist Richard Lewontin:
"Our willingness to accept scientific claims that are against common sense is the key to an understanding of the real struggle between science and the supernatural. We take the side of science in spite of the patent absurdity of some of its constructs, in spite of its failure to fulfill many of its extravagant promises of health and life, in spite of the tolerance of the scientific community for unsubstantiated just-so stories, because we have a prior commitment, a commitment to materialism."
A prior commitment to materialism, which means the philosophy comes "prior to", or "before" the science.
ID is not scientific. It is not a hypothesis. You have already admitted it is not falsifiable, nor can you point to any discovery or quality of life improvement based on your charlatans at Apologetics, Inc.

Play the fool. It suits you.
IPSEC

Oglesby, TX

#221445 Mar 25, 2014
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
Trust me, I wasn't offering. Judging by the way you act I'd say no one ever does.
Bwahahaha. Not even steer, sheep, or lizards.
IPSEC

Oglesby, TX

#221447 Mar 25, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
Your daughter's hanging with the wrong crowd.
Does she like big, athletic southern boys?
That was silly. Who doesn't?
Bubba called. He misses you.
Pardon me, but your ignorant racism is showing.
IPSEC

Oglesby, TX

#221449 Mar 25, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
I've gotten more than Frank Sinatra.
Some of which I remember.
Yes, you've gotten more dick than Sinatra. Good for you. It sucks to suck.
IPSEC

Oglesby, TX

#221450 Mar 25, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
The creator would be necessarily independent of time because time's existence was inititiated by an act of the creator, namely, the emergence of the universe in which time is defined.
If the creator was created, such an event would still be independent of time, as time would not exist except for the action of the created creator.
More to the point, nobody believes in a created god, so nobody believes that type of god exists.
The cyclical universe model you imagine does not help the problem of a caused universe and the traversing of infinite time. It relocates the necessity of a cause further in the past, and the infinite cycles would mean that our present cycle could never occur, and we would not exist and not be discussing it.
Nobody?
IPSEC

Oglesby, TX

#221451 Mar 25, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
Neither time nor space can be infinite.
Nothing can be infinite. Once a quantity of something becomes known to exist, it can never exceed a finite quantity. Each successive addition is the next larger finite.
The cyclical universe cannot be infinite, and must be caused. The first cycle is encumbered with the same causality requirement as the single universe.
And if you say there is no first cycle, then there can be no present cycle and we do not exist. Arriving at the present requires a finite past.
Your infinite stupidity and dishonesty...wow, look, a squirrel!
IPSEC

Oglesby, TX

#221452 Mar 25, 2014
KiMare wrote:
The universe, created from nothing and in the end, rolled back up like a scroll.
Even noting that the universe appears to be flat.
Science finally caught up.
Smile.
You were created from a sweaty grump and a trail of regretful tears. Nothing would be an improvement. Or, your mother swallowing, instead. Bukakimare. KiMare's delusional choice.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Why Atheist Richard Dawkins Supports Religious ... 5 hr The FACTory 630
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 6 hr replaytime 76,826
News Nonsense of a high order: The confused world of... (Jan '17) 17 hr Dogen 4,281
hell is a real place. so.. ahtiesm is a faux li... Wed Eagle 12 - 10
News The war on Christmas (Dec '10) Jul 18 John 4,952
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) Jul 18 John 32,164
The Dumbest Thing Posted by a Godbot (Jun '10) Jul 17 Eagle 12 - 6,123
More from around the web