Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent. Full Story

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#220250 Mar 19, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
But what they were depicting WAS false.
I haven't seen any case of the ID science guys, Behe, Minnich, Meyer, staging fake photographs to support their theory.
Seems ID guys are not only smarter than the Darwinists,...but also more honest.
I think using the word "false" is being too kind.

"Maliciously lying with intent to deceive and perpetuate the lie of the Theory of Evolution" is more apropos.

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#220251 Mar 19, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
I donít want any such thing, thatís juts what they were and it really does not matter that you deny it, facts speak for themselves
And you are mixing the state up with the man, such an easy mistake you make.
Let's get this straight.

You say that Stalin's state efforts to restore the church is evidence he was a Christian.

But Stalin's state efforts to make the state atheist, even surpassing the atheist state of Lenin, and destroying the church, is not evidence for his atheism.

On the latter, you say that's "mixing the state up with the man", which is a mistake.

On the former, you do the same thing, and there it is legitimate.

You're out of your league, Chrissy.

I suggest you discuss things with Blue Buffoon, who thinks dinosaurs had no DNA.

“BAS in Electrical Engineering”

Since: Jan 14

Location hidden

#220252 Mar 19, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
I suggest you discuss things with Blue Buffoon, who thinks dinosaurs had no DNA.
Whoa whoa whoa. Someone said Dino's didn't have DNA?!

Location hidden

#220253 Mar 19, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
That not news, thatís olds and complete wrong in that it deliberately focuses on one period, cherry picks and omits the final figures.
It omits the FACT that before Stalin died he was instrumental in restoring the priesthood and 25000 churches.
Joseph Stalin: "There is no god".

Chrisitine: "Stalin was not an atheist".

Buck: "Bwahahahahhahahahahahahh ahhahahahha..."

Christine: "Stalin was a Christian".

Buck: "Bwahahahahahahhahahahhah ahahha..."

Location hidden

#220255 Mar 19, 2014
Electrical Engineer wrote:
"blacklagoon" said that as far as science is concerned, DNA didn't exist until it was discovered.

Yup, dinosaurs had no DNA.

It's amazing what the Topix Atheists! can teach us.

Did you know the Pope is atheist?

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#220256 Mar 19, 2014
Sock Puppet Master wrote:
<quoted text>
there seems to be some disagreement about that.
but you go ahead and enjoy yourself anyway.
waaasssuuup's looking forward to some anal sex, maybe you could help him out. i hear he's quite the catcher.
is somebody mad at cwistianity cuz they were offended by a cwistian who happens to be human just wike your witto self?

did they make fun of your pictuw in sunday schoow like a kid did to marilyn manson and now he hates cwistians toooooo sniffowwe....booh whooo whoooo.:-(

Location hidden

#220257 Mar 19, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
"blacklagoon" said that as far as science is concerned, DNA didn't exist until it was discovered.
Talk about putting things in literal terminology. I actually quite like the recent Pope. As an atheist he isn't the extremist we see in the media. Which I enjoy.

Location hidden

#220258 Mar 19, 2014
<quoted text>
Yes. Topix atheist, amateur biologist, and all-around fink, Blue Baboon.

And have you met Christine - who says the Pope is an atheist?

And what about WildeRide - who says EVERYONE is an atheist?

You can learn a lot around here, man. No shit.

...We have this one guy, Darwin's SumpPump, who claims to be a mathematician and a calculus professor. He says that a donut is infinite in length. He says you can slice a pizza into infinite pieces, of area greater than zero, and put the infinite pieces back in the same box.

It's a nut house, man. I was in prison for 12 years, and the people there are smarter than Topix atheists.

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#220259 Mar 19, 2014
Six_Of_One wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL, be careful ....I occasionally have VERY expensive tastes in restaurants :-)
xoxoxo
sumthin tells me that you'd be worth every penny, you hot hot hottie, you!;-)

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#220260 Mar 19, 2014
Six_Of_One wrote:
<quoted text>
Also were Abraham Lincoln, Sir Isaac Newton, Thomas Edison, Socrates, Voltaire, Leonardo Da Vinci, Buddha and so many millions more. What is your point?
i could live on oysters and fish tacos if i had too......;-)

“Turning coffee into theorems”

Since: Dec 06

Trapped inside a Klein Bottle

#220261 Mar 19, 2014
Here is something to send Buck into a lather...

Barney Frank has been named Humanist of the Year by the Humanist Community at Harvard.

Location hidden

#220262 Mar 19, 2014
<quoted text>
Talk about putting things in literal terminology. I actually quite like the recent Pope. As an atheist he isn't the extremist we see in the media. Which I enjoy.
Yeah. But for an atheist, the Pope seems pretty religious.

Location hidden

#220263 Mar 19, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
According to Wilderice, everyone is an atheist.

I couldn't get a ruling from him on rocks and turds.

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#220264 Mar 19, 2014
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
How does that work? American society has begun accepting gay marriage in the last several years, for example, and I for one haven't had my common or moral senses perverted by it as you predict. Nor do any of my friends or acquaintances seem to be any different either.
In fact, not only is there no evidence of the moral catastrophe you predict in tolerant Americans for being tolerant, I can't imagine how such tolerance could make anybody a worse person - unless their religion incited them to be meaner. Many of the religious seem to be angrier and worse people because of it, but that's it.
And of course, that wouldn't be due to tolerance for a group, but due to the intolerance of the church for that attitude. Is that the deterioraization that you're speaking of - the church getting into a lather over the rest of us trying to honor the Golden Rule?
It's my opinion that this mean spirited hostility is a big turn off for most people not already strongly affiliated with the church and in its sway, and will hasten the diminution of the church, just as its many scandals have. and its frontal attack on science probably has had. You can't very well claim the moral or intellectual high ground with so much baggage.
LOL!

here's a clue pal: a deceived person doesn't know that they're deceived or else they wouldn't be deceived, now would they?

for those of us who aren't deceived, dealing with deceived & moral barbarians in every day life with driving, commerce, entertainment...etc just plain doesn't work anymore.

“Turning coffee into theorems”

Since: Dec 06

Trapped inside a Klein Bottle

#220265 Mar 19, 2014
Electrical Engineer:

Just to show you what kind of liar Buck is, he stated just now that...
Buck Crick wrote:
...We have this one guy, Darwin's SumpPump, who claims to be a mathematician and a calculus professor. He says that a donut is infinite in length.
What I said is that a path of infinite length can be mapped onto a circle (and hence the torus...or in Buck lingo a donut) by the mapping

x = cos(t)

y = sin(t)

for t = 0 to infinity

I also gave Buck links showing the circle has an infinite fundamental group...which is just another way of saying what I said above.
Buck Crick wrote:
He says you can slice a pizza into infinite pieces, of area greater than zero, and put the infinite pieces back in the same box.
And what I said here is that...

Sum(1/2^n) for n = 1 to infinity = 1.

Yes, an infinite number of non-zero terms can add to a finite value...something Buck claims can not happen. As you know, we are talking about convergent series here.

Being an EE, you will know a fair amount about convergent series since you probably use (and were certainly taught) Fourier Series.

And, get this. Buck claims to have made straight As in calculus...despite not knowing, or even grasping, the above facts.

You might also note that Buck seems to think calling me names makes his argument more valid.

Buck makes me laugh.

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#220266 Mar 19, 2014
Rosa_Winkel wrote:
<quoted text>
Name one civilization then.
you mean besides what's happening now in the US, canada and europe; where men no longer are respected as leaders in their homes and women and children rule them (yes, all because they've compromised on morallity/common sense)? i can name more than 1:

the entire world before the flood, sodom and gomorrah, rome, germany circa 30's-40's to name a few:-)

Location hidden

#220267 Mar 19, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
According to Wilderice, everyone is an atheist.
I couldn't get a ruling from him on rocks and turds.
My dog eats rocks and turds.

He's also an atheist.

Location hidden

#220268 Mar 19, 2014
Darwins Stepchild wrote:
Electrical Engineer:
<quoted text>
What I said is that a path of infinite length can be mapped onto a circle (and hence the torus...or in Buck lingo a donut) by the mapping
x = cos(t)
y = sin(t)
for t = 0 to infinity
I also gave Buck links showing the circle has an infinite fundamental group...which is just another way of saying what I said above.
<quoted text>
Yes, an infinite number of non-zero terms can add to a finite value...something Buck claims can not happen. As you know, we are talking about convergent series here.
Being an EE, you will know a fair amount about convergent series since you probably use (and were certainly taught) Fourier Series.
And, get this. Buck claims to have made straight As in calculus...despite not knowing, or even grasping, the above facts.
You might also note that Buck seems to think calling me names makes his argument more valid.
Buck makes me laugh.
Oh yes, I understand that math behind it. It was one of the hardest classes I took. Math Lab did a wonderful job of doing all that math for me though. ;)

I don't take what many people on this site take to heart. Most of the people on here are defensive and try to make bold claims with absolutely no source. Believe me, I do not take what Buck says seriously.

Location hidden

#220269 Mar 19, 2014
Darwins Stepchild wrote:
Electrical Engineer:
<quoted text>
x = cos(t)
y = sin(t)
for t = 0 to infinity
<quoted text>
Buck makes me laugh.
Only a mathematician can mathematically prove he's a geek.

Location hidden

#220270 Mar 19, 2014
He who has the most birthdays

Lives the longest.

-RR

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Our world came from nothing? 37 min _Bad Company 1,038
Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) 45 min _Bad Company 22,992
Islam for peace, or violence? 3 hr JIN 36
Does Being 'Spiritual But Not Religious' Really... 4 hr Thinking 2
Adam Atheoi - the god of 'humanity' Mon Thinking 90
Man center of the universe. Mon Thinking 87
Razer and Ben Affleck take on the atheists Oct 17 Thinking 6

Atheism People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE