Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent. Full Story

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#220072 Mar 18, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:

Nope. Stalin was most definitely an atheist, by his own words.
You'll have to deal with that some day.
And no, E=MC2 has nothing to do with God.
ChristineM wrote:
Once Stalin was in office he revived the Russian Orthodox Church, he was on the council convened to elect a new church Patriarch. He oversaw the re-opening of theological schools right across Russia, and thousands of churches began to function. The Theological Academy Seminary was re-opened, after being closed since 1918.
Yes, yes, yes.... You've regurgitated this copy/pasted drivel 5 or 6 times.

Post it a thousand times, it's still wrong.
The actions of an atheist? Something you will need to deal with when you grow up, perhaps when you are able to get a stiffy.
Actions? Did I say anything about actions?! If you want, we can talk about Stalin's atheist actions all you want.

I doubt you want to be embarrassed with it, though...
Honey we can all say words, jeez, even you do it
I say words.

Very astute.
Opinion, the very fact that energy cannot be infinite at the same time as you exist disproved the omnipotent aspect of your god.
Maybe so, maybe not. That's the theory, not a fact. Einstein has been proven wrong before, such as his “cosmological constant” stating that the universe is static or when CERN scientists discovered a neutrino moving faster than light. He may be your god, but he's not always right.

Either way, E=MC2 can't be connected with God. His type of power is unknown, even to the great ChristineMC2.

“I started out with nothing”

Since: Nov 10

and still got most of it left

#220073 Mar 18, 2014
pusherman_ wrote:
<quoted text> There always Reason Behind Madness Christine..Why is it always Hearsay and Opinion when it don't agree with you?
Because it is hearsay and opinion published in a publicly editable site, nothing more. Go to the top of a wikipedia page and click the view history link. This will give you some indication of the number of unattributed anonymous edits made to the page. In the case of the link you copied from it has been over 250 in the last 12 months.

That will never be seen as a valid source.

#220074 Mar 18, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I already know the definitions, I don't need your whacky input.
Then why do you lie about them? Oh I get it now, it’s because you are a godbot so lying is allowed – right?

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#220075 Mar 18, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Once Stalin was in office he revived the Russian Orthodox Church, he was on the council convened to elect a new church Patriarch. He oversaw the re-opening of theological schools right across Russia, and thousands of churches began to function. The Theological Academy Seminary was re-opened, after being closed since 1918.
He was a secular minded religious opportunist. He did not use atheism to gain control, but religious principles that were modified to fit his own method of revolution.
"HE BEGAN TO READ DARWIN AND BECAME AN ATHEIST".

Bwahahahahahahahha...

#220076 Mar 18, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey, you're the one called someone a "secular minded religious" person.
How's that even possible, to be secular religious?
C'mon, you can guess...
Honey, just because you can’t imagine it does not make it so. There is a lot you can’t imagine. Here is a hint, it depends a great deal on how you view that religion, whether you prioritise it against - say the state or whether you consider the state more important than mythology.

May I suggest you look up the meanings of secular

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#220077 Mar 18, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Then why do you lie about them? Oh I get it now, it’s because you are a godbot so lying is allowed – right?
Lie?! I asked you when is a belief not a belief. You never answered, now you say I lied. What was the lie?

Location hidden

#220078 Mar 18, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
RiversideRedneck wrote:

Nah, I think when Stalin said he was an atheist, he was misquoting himself...

......Bwahahahahahahahahah....

...Sorry,....by taking himself out of context.....

Bwahahahahahahahha....

Darwin's SuckPup taught me to spot that one.

Bwahahahahahahahah....

#220079 Mar 18, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
RiversideRedneck wrote:
You'll have to deal with that some day.
And no, E=MC2 has nothing to do with God.
<quoted text>
Yes, yes, yes.... You've regurgitated this copy/pasted drivel 5 or 6 times.
Post it a thousand times, it's still wrong.
<quoted text>
Actions? Did I say anything about actions?! If you want, we can talk about Stalin's atheist actions all you want.
I doubt you want to be embarrassed with it, though...
<quoted text>
I say words.
Very astute.
<quoted text>
Maybe so, maybe not. That's the theory, not a fact. Einstein has been proven wrong before, such as his “cosmological constant” stating that the universe is static or when CERN scientists discovered a neutrino moving faster than light. He may be your god, but he's not always right.
Either way, E=MC2 can't be connected with God. His type of power is unknown, even to the great ChristineMC2.
Yes, yes and I will keep repeating it every time you ignore it

Actions, yes, killed millions of people, I can name one god who is said to be able to beat that - yours. Actions, yes, rebuilt the church, it’s institutions and priesthood after removing the corruption and egotism that infested the pre revolutionary church.

The fact is that the matter/energy equivalence formula has not been proven wrong and the fact that it aids your way of life in thousands of ways each and every day may be quite factual.

As for the CERN scientist “discovered” faster than light neutrinos, it seems that you have not done you research, That was proved to be an instrument error.

Either way the E of E=MC^2 is energy, and omnipotence is defined as infinite power – power is energy – end of story.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#220080 Mar 18, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:

C'mon, you can guess...
ChristineM wrote:
Honey, just because you can’t imagine it does not make it so. There is a lot you can’t imagine. Here is a hint, it depends a great deal on how you view that religion, whether you prioritise it against - say the state or whether you consider the state more important than mythology.

May I suggest you look up the meanings of secular
Alright, if you insist.

secular
denoting attitudes, activities, or other things that have no religious or spiritual basis.

not subject to or bound by religious rule;

not belonging to or living in a monastic or other order.

ASTRONOMY
of or denoting slow changes in the motion of the sun or planets.

ECONOMICS
(of a fluctuation or trend) occurring or persisting over an indefinitely long period.

occurring once every century or similarly long period

not religious

not bound by vows or rules

not belonging to a religious order or congregation

---

Now answer the damn question. How can one be a "secular religious" person?

#220081 Mar 18, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
"HE BEGAN TO READ DARWIN AND BECAME AN ATHEIST".
Bwahahahahahahahha...

The acts of a true atheist? I think not.

#220082 Mar 18, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Lie?! I asked you when is a belief not a belief. You never answered, now you say I lied. What was the lie?
Honey, I may not have given the answer you wanted but I answered and you made up BS to cover your ignorance. You claimed to know the definitions I provided and yet you lie about them

#220083 Mar 18, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
Nah, I think when Stalin said he was an atheist, he was misquoting himself...
......Bwahahahahahahahahah....
...Sorry,....by taking himself out of context.....
Bwahahahahahahahha....
Darwin's SuckPup taught me to spot that one.
Bwahahahahahahahah....

Don't you juts wish all atheists were like that eh?

#220084 Mar 18, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
RiversideRedneck wrote:
C'mon, you can guess...
<quoted text>
Alright, if you insist.
secular
denoting attitudes, activities, or other things that have no religious or spiritual basis.
not subject to or bound by religious rule;
not belonging to or living in a monastic or other order.
ASTRONOMY
of or denoting slow changes in the motion of the sun or planets.
ECONOMICS
(of a fluctuation or trend) occurring or persisting over an indefinitely long period.
occurring once every century or similarly long period
not religious
not bound by vows or rules
not belonging to a religious order or congregation
---
Now answer the damn question. How can one be a "secular religious" person?
And yet you still do not comprehend that a person can have faith and still have more important/more pressing beliefs. This is down to you own limits

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#220085 Mar 18, 2014
Six_Of_One wrote:
<quoted text>
Atheists are actually more open-minded because they can understand that they could be wrong about what they think they know - theist do not believe they could ever wrong about the diety they worship .
I'm a theist and have said plenty of times I could be wrong about my religion. I simply believe I am not

And I know each person tends to have some variations in exactly how atheist is defined so I will ask instead of assume. If you understand you could be wrong, does that include that you could be wrong about how you view dirties and God does exist?

Since: Feb 14

Location hidden

#220086 Mar 18, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Because it is hearsay and opinion published in a publicly editable site, nothing more. Go to the top of a wikipedia page and click the view history link. This will give you some indication of the number of unattributed anonymous edits made to the page. In the case of the link you copied from it has been over 250 in the last 12 months.
That will never be seen as a valid source.
No matter how much Hearsay or Opinions given, Communism And Atheism Are Hand In Hand Christian and Only an Atheist would be Blind to it...

Location hidden

#220087 Mar 18, 2014
Rosa_Winkel wrote:
<quoted text>
What I ignored was you, dumb fellator. Mostly because your whiny little rants aren't worth the trouble.
I was referring to that KiHorsesAss, who is too busy attacking everyone to notice I mentioned a young girl molested by a pedophile murderer, protected by another pastor. But it's all about YOU, self-centred little prat. As for the rest of your tantrum, save it to run crying to Mummy. Get her to change your nappy while you're at it.
Here's the article again. Ignore it to fixate on yourself again I bet, fundie f**kwit.
http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/queensland...
LOL

That was quite the meltdown!

And why would you post me a link about a priest covering it up when I not only said it happens, that I want anybody involved in coverups to be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law (and have said many times I want them to be charged as accessories after the fact as it would mean a harsh penalty compared to say obstruction which can only be criminal if it involves hindering an actual ongoing police investigation), and said I want to see ALL abuse in the church exposed?

What was your point?

You really are retarded

Location hidden

#220088 Mar 18, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't you juts wish all atheists were like that eh?
You're an idiot. As historians know, Stalin was making temporary use of the church. Same as Hitler did.

You have no argument. Stalin was an atheist, and everyone knows it.

Location hidden

#220090 Mar 18, 2014
Rosa_Winkel wrote:
<quoted text>
Apologize or GFY, whiny prison bitch.
LOL

I am sorry you are so stupid and don't understand the words you use or how to make a play on words!

And how is laughing at you really me whining? What was I whining about?

And I wasn't in prison

And rape jokes from a woman? Tsk tsk

Hey if Americans are missionaries and Americans like hamburgers, if we feed converts are they called 'hamburger Christians'?

You keep knocking out those brilliant posts!

:)

Location hidden

#220091 Mar 18, 2014
Rosa_Winkel wrote:
<quoted text>
Anytime that thing tries to insult me by calling me a lesbian, I can always call him a poofter. Or maybe a fellator.
Smirk. LOLOL
So your response to someone calling you gay is to reply by calling them a gay slur

You sure are representing your side well

:)

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#220092 Mar 18, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
And yet you still do not comprehend that a person can have faith and still have more important/more pressing beliefs. This is down to you own limits
Secular does not mean "more important/more pressing belief".

Dumb ass

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Can Atheists Know God Does Not Exist When They ... 2 hr Richardfs 181
Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... 5 hr woodtick57 2,632
Why Do Atheists Ridicule Christianity? (May '11) 5 hr Morse 5,963
Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) 13 hr Morse 23,279
faith & pride 14 hr geezerjock 1
A New Kinder, Gentler Atheism 16 hr _Bad Company 214
Pastor who gave up God for a year after getting... 17 hr thetruth 3
More from around the web