Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 255552 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

“Turning coffee into theorems”

Since: Dec 06

Trapped inside a Klein Bottle

#220277 Mar 19, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Only a mathematician can mathematically prove he's a geek.
Why thank you.

Math geeks rule.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#220279 Mar 19, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
....does that qualify as cannibalism?
Um....

I'll have to ask the turds and get back to you.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#220280 Mar 19, 2014
Darwins Stepchild wrote:
Why thank you.
Math geeks rule.
Lol

I'm tellin the geeks in the biology lab.....

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#220282 Mar 19, 2014
Darwins Stepchild wrote:
Here is something to send Buck into a lather...
Barney Frank has been named Humanist of the Year by the Humanist Community at Harvard.
Not at all.

Apparently that award is given for being caught running a gay prostitution ring out of your house.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#220283 Mar 19, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey mate, don't get off your bike. All they wanna do is go off like a bucket of prawns in the sun.
Let's just veg out, go out to the whoop whoop, get a Darwin stubby and act like yanks and have a barbie.
LOL!!

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's teapot

#220285 Mar 19, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
But what they were depicting WAS false.
I haven't seen any case of the ID science guys, Behe, Minnich, Meyer, staging fake photographs to support their theory.
Seems ID guys are not only smarter than the Darwinists,...but also more honest.
This link gives a decent explanation.
http://www.textbookhistory.com/haeckels-embry...

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's teapot

#220286 Mar 19, 2014

Location hidden

#220287 Mar 19, 2014
Rosa_Winkel wrote:
<quoted text>
Our little prison bitch is a classic male chauvinist pig. Jesus will be so pleased with you!
Would Italians call me a pizza chauvinist pig?

LOL,

And you don't believe in Jesus. Or are you another one that switched it up for Topix. I think you did Nose Sprinkles

I mean mate

Location hidden

#220288 Mar 19, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Bollocks, I have had enough of your winging because you want the church to be squeaky clean. It isn’t so live with it.
They are fooking priests you moron, so it should be lower than the national average, those bum fookers are supposed to be trusted. It should not exist at all in the church, but it does so there is something else you’ll have to live with.
Yes those people are called priests. Or have you not been following the conversation?
Of course I want the church to be clean

I already admitted it wasn't

I already said I brought up the 1.8% not to minimize it but to illustrate the inherent danger that thinking it is way higher can cause when people don't also focus on additional places

You are way too stupid to try revisionist history on me. How many more times would you like to be corrected? I have no problem doing it a 6th time.

Location hidden

#220289 Mar 19, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually I did say that the British media has was a deeper concern about exposing child abuse than the United States, which appears by the very nature and output of the British and US press machine to be true.
I also said the that US press were more interesting in protecting there national security with is also true.
Different perspective, so where am I lying?
Oh I get it, you have nothing else to offer. Fair enough
You said it as an insult about the United Stares

If you like I can post your old post to show you are lying? This is twice I've offered. You gonna go with revisionist history again?

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#220290 Mar 19, 2014
Darwins Stepchild wrote:
Here is something to send Buck into a lather...
Barney Frank has been named Humanist of the Year by the Humanist Community at Harvard.
Buck Crick wrote:
Not at all.
Apparently that award is given for being caught running a gay prostitution ring out of your house.
That's humanism for ya...

http://www.google.com/imgres...

#220291 Mar 19, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
What you offer here is easily grasped. It's just not the argument you have made.
Then why have you had such a hard time grasping it? You have never shown one inkling of understanding it.

Perhaps if you are the calculus maven you claim, you can describe the Weirstrauss Theorem.

Location hidden

#220292 Mar 19, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
So you are saying that they should molest children and then cry religion when they are caught?
And you also seem to be saying that priest who rape children are not offenders.
Honey give up now before you dig yourself a hole so deep that you can’t hide under your religion
You may be the dumbest person on Topix

How did you come up with that?!

That's it, I'm getting the hand-puppets!

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#220293 Mar 19, 2014

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#220295 Mar 19, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
My dog eats rocks and turds.
He's also an atheist.
Dogs often imitate their owners.

#220296 Mar 19, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
Behe: Yes, it does.
From the next day's testimony...

Q = plaintiff's lawyer, A = Behe

Q In fact, your definition of scientific theory is synonymous with hypothesis, correct?

A Partly -- it can be synonymous with hypothesis, it can also include the National Academy's definition. But in fact, the scientific community uses the word "theory" in many times as synonymous with the word "hypothesis," other times it uses the word as a synonym for the definition reached by the National Academy, and at other times it uses it in other ways.

Q But the way you are using it is synonymous with the definition of hypothesis?

A No, I would disagree. It can be used to cover hypotheses, but it can also include ideas that are in fact well substantiated and so on. So while it does include ideas that are synonymous or in fact are hypotheses, it also includes stronger senses of that term.

Q And using your definition, intelligent design is a scientific theory, correct?

A Yes.

Q Under that same definition astrology is a scientific theory under your definition, correct?

A Under my definition, a scientific theory is a proposed explanation which focuses or points to physical, observable data and logical inferences. There are many things throughout the history of science which we now think to be incorrect which nonetheless would fit that -- which would fit that definition. Yes, astrology is in fact one, and so is the ether theory of the propagation of light, and many other -- many other theories as well.

Q The ether theory of light has been discarded, correct?

A That is correct.

Q But you are clear, under your definition, the definition that sweeps in intelligent design, astrology is also a scientific theory, correct?

A Yes, that's correct.

End quote

Note two things...

The "using your definition" for Behe determining ID is science and the "Yes, that's correct" when asked if astrology is also science under that definition.

That really says it all right there. ID is as much science as astrology. Behe admitted it. No, he didn't say the words, "ID is not science"...but it is perfectly clear he might as well have.

Location hidden

#220297 Mar 19, 2014
Happy Lesbo wrote:
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>Yet she responded to a post about me that was written to me
LOL
You always have have trouble figuring out what is going on from what post to the next too. Other than RT, the women atheists (I will just go by whatever group you claim to be in at the moment) are really dragging down the curve for your side. And I know plenty of very intelligent women so that's not an indictment on females. It is just random chance I guess that some of the dumbest ones are in the same place
And 'chook'
Who are you trying to copy now? Rosa goes all 'drungo' and whatever other supposed saying are where she is probably pretending to be from and now the Topix sheep has to copy of course! Have you ever used that word before right now?
<quoted text>
.. Skom has no idea how much he reveals with his 'Stream of Consciousness' writing style ..
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stream_of_consci... (narrative_mode)
.. in contrast, your writing is tight, concise, thoughtful. That's the sign of a disciplined, astute mind. Can I call you 'friend'??..
You have used 'stream if consciousness' in like 6 posts to it about me. Most of the time completely in the wrong context. You are trying too hard to sound smart. At least try not to over-rely on the same phrase repeatedly. It looks forced and a little goofy

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#220298 Mar 19, 2014
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
This link gives a decent explanation.
http://www.textbookhistory.com/haeckels-embry...
Yup, that explained it.

"One explanation might be that biology textbooks, which are often authored by non-experts, are generally junk, always out of step and unrepresentative of the latest science."

“Seventh son”

Since: Dec 10

Will Prevail

#220300 Mar 19, 2014
lightbeamrider wrote:
Obama 5th Most Popular All Time President!
----------
https://www.ijreview.com/2013/09/79851-shocki...
Yeah he's right up there with diphtheria and the bubonic plague.
Obama is as popular as cholera!

“Seventh son”

Since: Dec 10

Will Prevail

#220301 Mar 19, 2014
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>Of course pointing out your retardation doesn't make me smarter. Just mildly observant
:)
Pointing out the circular reasoning of an extremely huge brown eye doesn't do much either.
Except point out the extremely huge brown eye.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 19 min MIDutch 35,567
News Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... (Oct '14) 39 min An NFL Fan 20,195
News The war on Christmas (Dec '10) 43 min Patrick 4,502
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 47 min Patrick 15,024
Christianity isn't based on... (Feb '10) 6 hr Bob of Quantum-Faith 45
News Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) 7 hr ChristineM 23,879
News "Being an atheist does not mean being anti-Chri... (Dec '14) 9 hr thetruth 26
More from around the web