Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 255311 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#220108 Mar 18, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes you did, after you were told who they are and what they did you excused there actions to a storm of protest form several other posters that caused you to chicken out
But hey we all know you are a lying T\/\/AT who can’t get it up for a woman.
Its odd that out if the blue you would use that for an insult to a guy. Sounds like its a sore spot for you. You should cut the guys some slack. Think about how they must have to drink before deciding to sleep with you after last call at the bar!

Just not passing out should be considered pretty impressive. And maybe they just tell you they need a little 'help' to get going so they get a moments respite from listening to you talk!

:)

Location hidden

#220110 Mar 18, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I gotta say, Skom, you're a slow learner...
lol
heh

I think I make the mistake of thinking it has to be one or the other (lying or stupid) when clearly there are times it is both

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#220111 Mar 18, 2014
Six_Of_One wrote:
<quoted text>
I like you when you are polite :-).
You know, I had a boyfriend who simply had the hardest timing 'finishing' during sex unless I would turn around and suck on his big toe while he climaxed. I don't know WHY he needed that! My point is that what turns people on is different and individual for each person.
For some, the natural urge includes anal sex for others having their big toe sucked during sex. And for others, plain old missionary. I don't believe ANY of these are 'unnatural'- they simply are what make sex fun for different folks. And I am pretty sure my mind won't be changed on this. And I also think I am in the majority of opinion on this as well, but agree to disagree works fine for me.
well hi there again!!!

we really need to talk in person and now i'm gonna throw in dinner at the restaurant of your choice!;-)

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#220112 Mar 18, 2014
ChristineM wrote:

Once Stalin was in office he revived the Russian Orthodox Church, he was on the council convened to elect a new church Patriarch. He oversaw the re-opening of theological schools right across Russia, and thousands of churches began to function. The Theological Academy Seminary was re-opened, after being closed since 1918.
Just Think wrote:
How dare you use facts!
Let's discuss her "facts".

1. "Stalin was in office he revived the Russian Orthodox Church"

-in the 20s and 30s, nearly all of its clergy, and many of its believers, were shot or sent to labor camps. Theological schools were closed, and church publications were prohibited.

-Between 1917 and 1935, 130,000 Orthodox priests were arrested, 95,000 were put to death.

-Between etween 1927 and 1940, the number of Orthodox Churches in the Russian Republic fell from 29,584 to less than 500.

-After Stalin's death, the Russian churches expanded, back up to almost 25,000. But then Khrushchev began his own Stalin-esque anti-Christian tirade and by 1985, they churches were back down to 7,000.

How dare I use facts!

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#220113 Mar 18, 2014
Rosa_Winkel wrote:
<quoted text>
Gay still does mean "light-hearted and carefree", you know. Just like my father insisted it did.
http://www.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/...
A homosexual whose boyfriend left him would hardly be too happy or light-hearted.
until he made a wayside rest stop and then he'd be snug as a bug in a rug again!

just kidding, Rosa! i just don't know why we can't get along, you and me....:-(

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#220114 Mar 18, 2014
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>heh
I think I make the mistake of thinking it has to be one or the other (lying or stupid) when clearly there are times it is both
It's incredibly difficult to attempt an conversation with the retarded dyslexic, ChristineMC2.

They go something like this:

RR: "What are you talking about? I never said that. What I said was Robert Downey, Jr used to do coke."

C=MC2: "See? I already told you that he hasn't done drugs in a while, you stupid godbot."

RR: "Can you read? I didn't say that."

C=MC2: "I know you can't get a hard on, you've already admitted it."

RR: "o.O"

C=MC2: "That's a nice rebuttal, thanks for admitting you have ED."

RR: "I never said that, you did."

C=MC2: "Yes you did, everyone here knows it."

RR: "fuckit"

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#220115 Mar 18, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
ChristineM wrote:
Once Stalin was in office he revived the Russian Orthodox Church, he was on the council convened to elect a new church Patriarch. He oversaw the re-opening of theological schools right across Russia, and thousands of churches began to function. The Theological Academy Seminary was re-opened, after being closed since 1918.
<quoted text>
Let's discuss her "facts".
1. "Stalin was in office he revived the Russian Orthodox Church"
-in the 20s and 30s, nearly all of its clergy, and many of its believers, were shot or sent to labor camps. Theological schools were closed, and church publications were prohibited.
-Between 1917 and 1935, 130,000 Orthodox priests were arrested, 95,000 were put to death.
-Between etween 1927 and 1940, the number of Orthodox Churches in the Russian Republic fell from 29,584 to less than 500.
-After Stalin's death, the Russian churches expanded, back up to almost 25,000. But then Khrushchev began his own Stalin-esque anti-Christian tirade and by 1985, they churches were back down to 7,000.
How dare I use facts!
That's how Stalin revived the church.

Arranged for them all to meet in heaven - right away.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#220116 Mar 18, 2014
OOPS!

Sorry, ChristineMC I forgot to throw an arbitrary "fooking" in that mock conversation...

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#220117 Mar 18, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
That's how Stalin revived the church.
Arranged for them all to meet in heaven - right away.
Weird, eh? Executing the church officials and it's followers, burning, bombing or repurposing the church buildings is seen as a revival by the Topix Atheist!....

Imagine what a real war on Christianity would be like...

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#220118 Mar 18, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Weird, eh? Executing the church officials and it's followers, burning, bombing or repurposing the church buildings is seen as a revival by the Topix Atheist!....
Imagine what a real war on Christianity would be like...
I'm expecting Christine to claim Stalin was Mormon.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#220119 Mar 18, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm expecting Christine to claim Stalin was Mormon.
That's highly illogical, doctor.
IPSEC

Oglesby, TX

#220120 Mar 18, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
It's incredibly difficult to attempt an conversation with the retarded dyslexic, ChristineMC2.
RR: "What are you talking about? I never said that. What I said was Robert Downey, Jr used to do coke."
C=MC2: "See? I already told you that he hasn't done drugs in a while, you stupid godbot."
Get a job, taker.

Location hidden

#220121 Mar 18, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL, I am realizing that's about how it goes. She makes up both sides of the conversation, then proceeds to insult people for things they never said and denies things she actually said. Then thinks its the other person is the idiot for not being able to follow the imaginary exchange in her head. Then just sprinkle in the most bizarre ad hominen attacks and some version of white trash UK ghetto slang.

I'll say this for a handful of the regular atheists in here and its that they are intelligent and not bad at holding their own with the zingers. But I think because of that the idiots in the room try so hard to come off as profound and clever that they really overreach considering their ability. The result is just a pile of turtle shit that nobody sane can follow!

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#220122 Mar 18, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Nope. Stalin was most definitely an atheist, by his own words.
You'll have to deal with that some day.
And no, E=MC2 has nothing to do with God.
<quoted text>
Yes, yes, yes.... You've regurgitated this copy/pasted drivel 5 or 6 times.
Post it a thousand times, it's still wrong.
<quoted text>
Actions? Did I say anything about actions?! If you want, we can talk about Stalin's atheist actions all you want.
I doubt you want to be embarrassed with it, though...
<quoted text>
I say words.
Very astute.
<quoted text>
Maybe so, maybe not. That's the theory, not a fact. Einstein has been proven wrong before, such as his “cosmological constant” stating that the universe is static or when CERN scientists discovered a neutrino moving faster than light. He may be your god, but he's not always right.
Either way, E=MC2 can't be connected with God. His type of power is unknown, even to the great ChristineMC2.
Okay, you need to get off that FTL neutrino. That was the OPERA experiment, and the reading turned out to be a hardware failure.

And Einstein abandoned the Cosmological Constant, calling it his "greatest blunder" in 1929.
See? That's called "learning".
First u

Ardsley, NY

#220123 Mar 18, 2014
I am so happy :-)

Wanted to share.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#220124 Mar 18, 2014
First u wrote:
Wanted to share.
Well, thanks.

I'm glad for you.

Location hidden

#220125 Mar 18, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Without evidence the beliefs are belief, if there was evidence enough to call that belief truth then it would be truth and not belief.
Do you really not understand the distinction?
Here
Truth : the quality or state of being true.
Belief : an acceptance that something exists or is true, especially one without proof.
Now do you see the difference?
link where you got the definition that includes "especially one without proof"

Even though even that shows not all have to fit the last part for it to be defined as belief. But here are what just some dictionaries say:

Belief

n.
1. The mental act, condition, or habit of placing trust or confidence in another: My belief in you is as strong as ever.
2. Mental acceptance of and conviction in the truth, actuality, or validity of something: His explanation of what happened defies belief.
3. Something believed or accepted as true, especially a particular tenet or a body of tenets accepted by a group of persons.
http://www.thefreedictionary.com/_/dict.aspx...

Belief

1. something believed; an opinion or conviction
2. confidence in the truth or existence of something not immediately susceptible to rigorous proof
3. confidence; faith; trust
http://m.dictionary.com/definition/belief

Belief

the feeling of being certain that something exists or is true:

http://dictionary.cambridge.org/us/dictionary...

I didn't see your definition in like the first 8 links on Google. Where did you source it from? Because a belief absolutely can be true. For example, someone believes their spouse is cheating on them. They find out later they were. That belief wasn't true?

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#220126 Mar 18, 2014
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>LOL, I am realizing that's about how it goes. She makes up both sides of the conversation, then proceeds to insult people for things they never said and denies things she actually said. Then thinks its the other person is the idiot for not being able to follow the imaginary exchange in her head. Then just sprinkle in the most bizarre ad hominen attacks and some version of white trash UK ghetto slang.
I'll say this for a handful of the regular atheists in here and its that they are intelligent and not bad at holding their own with the zingers. But I think because of that the idiots in the room try so hard to come off as profound and clever that they really overreach considering their ability. The result is just a pile of turtle shit that nobody sane can follow!
I advise you to keep your posts with her very brief. She seems to have a short attention span. Couple that with retardation, egomania and dyslexia and you've got a winning problem.

I noticed your extended post about the meaning of belief. No doubt she will not understand what your saying and accuse you of cheating on your wife (or something).

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#220127 Mar 18, 2014
macumazahn wrote:
Okay, you need to get off that FTL neutrino. That was the OPERA experiment, and the reading turned out to be a hardware failure.
And Einstein abandoned the Cosmological Constant, calling it his "greatest blunder" in 1929.
See? That's called "learning".
Einstein shouldn't have introduced his Cosmological Constant theory to begin with.

If the world's greatest scientist can even get it right, why should I believe some no name science geek with a white lab coat and some vague university degree to tell me how the universe started?

Location hidden

#220128 Mar 18, 2014
First u wrote:
Wanted to share.
:)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 43 min Patrick 13,305
News Speaking for God 50 min Richardfs 593
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 2 hr renee 31,308
News Why Do Atheists Ridicule Christianity? (May '11) 2 hr karl44 9,736
News The war on Christmas (Dec '10) 4 hr Bob of Quantum-Faith 4,351
There are no such things as gods or fairies 9 hr Eagle 12 34
Majority of Scots now have no religion 20 hr emperorjohn 8
More from around the web