Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 255998 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

“True Blue”

Since: Jun 13

Sunburnt Country

#219336 Mar 14, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
I thought you were in to dressing up?
Ahh I get it, you think dressing up as a schoolgirl is fine but not dressing up as an alter boy?
But you are correct, priests butt fooking alter boys is pretty disgusting even by high standards of disgusting set by some priests. Of course it happens though so you can’t hide behind your babble and blame topix atheist on this one
Ta, Christine. I'm a firm believer that it's much better to laugh than cry, even if it is rather black humour.

“True Blue”

Sunburnt Country

#219337 Mar 14, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I implied nothing, you fooking moron.
Rosa's "joke" involved a nun and a boy (a child) and sex.
That's fooking disgusting.
I know, but the reality is far FAR worse.

“True Blue”

Sunburnt Country

#219338 Mar 14, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah these priests and the buck look alikes are pretty sick don’t you think?
And you promote his cause, you have promoted his cause here on topix, perhaps you didn’t realise he was atheist back then. So strange how you didn’t object to his stance on screwing little chidden but you do object to his lack of religious belief.
Interestingly, the filthy scumbag Brett Peter Cowan was a Xian. Or he dabbled with it when he lived on the Sunshine Coast in Queensland, just before committing rape and murder on the 13 year old Daniel Morcombe.

“True Blue”

Sunburnt Country

#219339 Mar 14, 2014
lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text> You are just like the abuser. Unpredictable. Everyone walks around the house on eggshells hoping to not offend the abuser who can be gentile and likable for the most part but then go off at the drop of a hat over any perceived slight or no slight at all. You are enemy centered and subject to severe mood swings just like the abuser and your posts reflect that. Indirectly blaming Christianity for 9/11, you really show your true colors and I believe you believe the poison you spew. At best it is a bimbo eruption and at worst well it is just venom. Thanks for revealing your true colors and I have been around long enough to remember the harassment heaped upon that Christian woman a while back. You folks were like a pack of rabid dogs to her as I recall. If there is any justice you will get yours. Whatever she was she did not deserve the abuse she received here. So don't go getting so sanctimonious now about abusers. Just go look in the mirror.
Playing the victim...LOL

“True Blue”

Sunburnt Country

#219340 Mar 14, 2014
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. boy, oh boy, oh boy, the Christian men on this thread are really in a tether ..
.. tremendous change has occurred in western societies. Expecting women to adhere to ancient religious and moral codes that demean their gender will only make them reject all Abrahamic religions. Don't you get that ??..
.. you probably don't endorse female genital mutilation or sanctioned rape but some cultures do. It is for these women, the females living in countries like Afghanistan or Uganda, that I weep ..
.. in an effort to make this about me instead of women, you utilize character assassination. Do you feel so threatened by my views that you seek revenge and think, "If there is any justice you will get yours". What's that all about? Are you offended by my critique of religion or does it threaten your perceived superior position ??..
Waris Dirie's autobiography was upsetting enough, on that score.

“True Blue”

Sunburnt Country

#219341 Mar 14, 2014
pusherman_ wrote:
<quoted text> Do you know which Pagan God it coincides with and who held the first "Christ Mass" ? if you did you'd know that it had nothing to do with Christ but of Deception by The Roman Catholic Church. specifically in 453 by pope Sixtus 111 (literally 666)(Apollo~greek god of death) Sun God, God of Heathens( Apollyon) In 10bce Ceasar Augustus adopted dec. 25th to coincide with the solar deity
That was Sol Invictus (the Unconquerable Sun). Dec 25 was also the birthday of the god Mithras, popular with the Roman legions.

“True Blue”

Sunburnt Country

#219342 Mar 14, 2014
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
sure bud, that's simple:
as an atheist, obviously you don't know nor care what you believe, as long as it's in direct opposition to your perception of fundamentalism!
that'll be 20 bucks!
You're selling it cheap, rent boy.

“True Blue”

Sunburnt Country

#219343 Mar 14, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
Seems like accepting Islam would have been torture enough.
Good one. LOLOLMAO!

“True Blue”

Sunburnt Country

#219344 Mar 14, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
If this is coffee, please bring me some tea; but if this is tea, please bring me some coffee.
-Abraham Lincoln
Then again, old Abe never tried Aussie billy tea.

“True Blue”

Sunburnt Country

#219345 Mar 14, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
And nowhere does it say you shouldn't abolish slavery, as I've already stated.
Thanks
No wucking furries, mate. Read again.

1 Corinthians 7:24
Brothers and sisters, each person, as responsible to God, should remain in the situation they were in when God called them.

“True Blue”

Sunburnt Country

#219346 Mar 14, 2014
IPSEC wrote:
<quoted text>You're not very bright, Miriam.
http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/pha...
How many do you want? How lazy are you?
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/pharao...
http://www.thefreedictionary.com/Pharaoh
I hope you realize that dictionaries just reflect usage, especially when you spew endless dictionary definitions for atheism. The term pharaoh is used to describe any cult of personality despot. Pharaohs are non-supernatural deities, but deities nonetheless. Just like your Sky Muffin, they command worship and acquiescence above all else. Dear Leader, indeed.
I suppose the meaning of tyrant comes from the OT stories. In fact, some of the real Pharoahs were not so dictatorial - by ancient standards anyway.

“True Blue”

Sunburnt Country

#219347 Mar 14, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't like it that I point out Obama's stupid, ignorant comment of having visited 57 states? Oh well.
I've got more American patriotism in my left nut than you do in your whole body.
Australia isn't the 51st State yet. Altho John Howard tried...

“Turning coffee into theorems”

Since: Dec 06

Trapped inside a Klein Bottle

#219348 Mar 14, 2014
We have this statement from John West, Discovery Institute vice president concerning a course at Ball State University...

We determined through public documents one science class is covering intelligent design in order to bash it. If they allow that, it’s tantamount to state endorsement of an anti-religious view.

End quote

Well, there you have it. The Discovery Institute itself admitting that Intelligent Design is religion.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#219349 Mar 14, 2014
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually it's amazing what the reason is the beaver has to construct a dam.
But it's a conscious effort so it does require a degree of forethought.
The beaver is by no means a highly intelligent animal but the building of dams is dependent on location. With that in consideration the instinct may not to be building dams at all, but something else.
Yes, but not in the way Rancid Redneck said.

He stated specifically, that beaver dams were **designed**, implying his idiotic god had something to do with it (and them).

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#219350 Mar 14, 2014
KiMare wrote:
<hate speech redacted>
I simply do not give a rat's fart what pedophiles like YOU have to say.

I really don't.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#219351 Mar 14, 2014
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
I think gay pedophiles using the Church as a cover is despicable.
Then why do you keep doing it?

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#219352 Mar 14, 2014
KiMare wrote:
~Any moral person would decry the shame of covering the crime of sodomy.
Yet... you continue to practice your pedophilia anyway...

.... a moral person would decry **you**, then.

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#219353 Mar 14, 2014
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>You were inattentive.
The Dutchmen in question were indubitably Christians.
The Pope in question was a Christian.
Columbus was a Christian.
Or are you being deliberately obtuse again?
I don't think it is deliberate.
I think RR is mentally and emotionally incapable of being honest, even to himself.

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#219354 Mar 14, 2014
Rosa_Winkel wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't know u had a pet donkey.
His twin brother.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#219355 Mar 14, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh?
Reduce the complexity of a mousetrap, what do you have?
A spring--- quite useful for many things besides a mousetrap. A clothes pin, or a hinge on a screen door.

A wire bail. Useful as a handle for, say, a bucket (same principle, different size)

A small flat board-- many uses for this: A doorstop, a shingle, a paddle, a step, a...

The trigger mechanism? I cannot think (right away) of a use for that, but I bet there is somewhere.

In short?

I can easily deconstruct your mousetrap into smaller, still-useful pieces.

I can even take it to the raw materials, without form--**STILL** useful. A tree, some iron ore... the uses are endless, here.

You **ARE** some special kind of stupid.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 11 min Into The Night 16,112
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) 32 min Mikko 3,759
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 48 min replaytime 40,635
Christianity isn't based on... (Feb '10) 1 hr Patrick 50
Good arguments against Christianity 1 hr Patrick 97
News Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... (Oct '14) 1 hr Patrick 20,589
Who Is Satan The Devil? Is He Real? (Jan '16) 1 hr Patrick 13
For Atheists: Why do You Call Theories "Scient... 7 hr Eagle 12 242
More from around the web