Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 258485 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#219324 Mar 14, 2014
Happy Lesbo wrote:

TODAY'S QUIZZES
Who instituted slavery in The New World?
1. Muslims
2. Vegetarians
3. Buddhists
4. Secular Humanists
5. Perverts
6. Christians
7. Naturalists
8. Gays & Lesbians
9. Vegetarians
10. Hindus
None of the above.

Contrary to popular belief, the Dutch started it in 1619 when a Dutch ship docked at Point Comfort and traded 20 African slaves for food and supplies.
Who granted rulers the right to enslave non-Christians?
1. Archie Bunker
2. Martin Luther
3. Albert Einstein
4. Pope Nicholas V
5. Saladin
6. Genghis Khan
7. John Wesley
8. Adolph Hitler
9. Christ Columbus
10. Shintos
Nicholas V.
Who Murdered or Enslaved Native Americans?(This One Is Difficult)
1. Sheldon Cooper
2. Druids
3. The Ku Klux Klan
4. Sikhs
5. William Bradford
6. Shamans
7. White Supremacists
8. Zoroastrianists
9. Christians
10. Satan
.. guffaw ..
None if the above.

It was Don Cristóbal, "Christopher Columbus".

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#219326 Mar 14, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
None of the above.
Contrary to popular belief, the Dutch started it in 1619 when a Dutch ship docked at Point Comfort and traded 20 African slaves for food and supplies.
<quoted text>
Nicholas V.
<quoted text>
None if the above.
It was Don Cristóbal, "Christopher Columbus".
1. Christians all.

2. A Christian.

3. A Christian.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#219327 Mar 14, 2014
macumazahn wrote:
1. Christians all.
2. A Christian.
3. A Christian.
Throwing around some ignorant blame, are ya?

Question one was: Who instituted slavery in The New World?

Your answer is "Christians all"? Not only does that not make sense, it isn't true.

As for questions 2 & 3, "a" Christian isn't "all" Christians.

Unless you care to argue whether or not all atheists are like Stalin.

Do you?

Buck Crick

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#219328 Mar 14, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Your answer is "Christians all"? Not only does that not make sense, it isn't true.
Do you?
The native Indians had slavery before any Christians got here.

Buck Crick

Location hidden

#219329 Mar 14, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
It's not my definition of atheism, it's THE definition of atheism. I don't get into the Topix Atheist! practice of defining words as I see fit. Words have meanings, I suggest you use them.
Ideology? Why are you saying that? We were talking about religion, not ideology.
Wilderice has taken the dilution of definitions to a new level.

Atheism went from the common dilution of "lacking belief" to now being "skeptical".

Under Wilderide language, you could believe every god might exist, but be skeptical of claims about those gods, and qualify as an atheist.

His line of argument does not qualify for reasoned response. The only appropriate reaction is mockery.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#219330 Mar 14, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
The native Indians had slavery before any Christians got here.
Huh. It seems you're right.

I fell into the trap of seeing the word "slave" and instantly envisioning some blacks on a boat, mid-Atlantic, or kneeling down in a cotton field.

Dammit.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#219331 Mar 14, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you?
You were inattentive.

The Dutchmen in question were indubitably Christians.

The Pope in question was a Christian.

Columbus was a Christian.

Or are you being deliberately obtuse again?

Buck Crick

Location hidden

#219332 Mar 14, 2014
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>You were inattentive.
The Dutchmen in question were indubitably Christians.
The Pope in question was a Christian.
Columbus was a Christian.
Or are you being deliberately obtuse again?
Wilderice and Christine say the Pope is an atheist.

I had the same assumption, that the Pope is Christian. I learn new things on Topix every day.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#219333 Mar 14, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
Atheism went from the common dilution of "lacking belief" to now being "skeptical".
Under Wilderide language, you could believe every god might exist, but be skeptical of claims about those gods, and qualify as an atheist.
His line of argument does not qualify for reasoned response. The only appropriate reaction is mockery.
Yup. I guess to him, an atheistic theist might be an actual term.

Catcher1

Since: Sep 10

Redondo Beach, CA

#219334 Mar 14, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey, that's what I do with the Redneck.

Don't steal my strategy.

“It's Time. . .”

Since: Jun 13

New Holland

#219335 Mar 14, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I know.
But please stop staring at my ass.
I didn't know u had a pet donkey.

“It's Time. . .”

New Holland

#219336 Mar 14, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
I thought you were in to dressing up?
Ahh I get it, you think dressing up as a schoolgirl is fine but not dressing up as an alter boy?
But you are correct, priests butt fooking alter boys is pretty disgusting even by high standards of disgusting set by some priests. Of course it happens though so you can’t hide behind your babble and blame topix atheist on this one
Ta, Christine. I'm a firm believer that it's much better to laugh than cry, even if it is rather black humour.

“It's Time. . .”

New Holland

#219337 Mar 14, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I implied nothing, you fooking moron.
Rosa's "joke" involved a nun and a boy (a child) and sex.
That's fooking disgusting.
I know, but the reality is far FAR worse.

“It's Time. . .”

New Holland

#219338 Mar 14, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah these priests and the buck look alikes are pretty sick don’t you think?
And you promote his cause, you have promoted his cause here on topix, perhaps you didn’t realise he was atheist back then. So strange how you didn’t object to his stance on screwing little chidden but you do object to his lack of religious belief.
Interestingly, the filthy scumbag Brett Peter Cowan was a Xian. Or he dabbled with it when he lived on the Sunshine Coast in Queensland, just before committing rape and murder on the 13 year old Daniel Morcombe.

“It's Time. . .”

New Holland

#219339 Mar 14, 2014
lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text> You are just like the abuser. Unpredictable. Everyone walks around the house on eggshells hoping to not offend the abuser who can be gentile and likable for the most part but then go off at the drop of a hat over any perceived slight or no slight at all. You are enemy centered and subject to severe mood swings just like the abuser and your posts reflect that. Indirectly blaming Christianity for 9/11, you really show your true colors and I believe you believe the poison you spew. At best it is a bimbo eruption and at worst well it is just venom. Thanks for revealing your true colors and I have been around long enough to remember the harassment heaped upon that Christian woman a while back. You folks were like a pack of rabid dogs to her as I recall. If there is any justice you will get yours. Whatever she was she did not deserve the abuse she received here. So don't go getting so sanctimonious now about abusers. Just go look in the mirror.
Playing the victim...LOL

“It's Time. . .”

New Holland

#219340 Mar 14, 2014
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. boy, oh boy, oh boy, the Christian men on this thread are really in a tether ..
.. tremendous change has occurred in western societies. Expecting women to adhere to ancient religious and moral codes that demean their gender will only make them reject all Abrahamic religions. Don't you get that ??..
.. you probably don't endorse female genital mutilation or sanctioned rape but some cultures do. It is for these women, the females living in countries like Afghanistan or Uganda, that I weep ..
.. in an effort to make this about me instead of women, you utilize character assassination. Do you feel so threatened by my views that you seek revenge and think, "If there is any justice you will get yours". What's that all about? Are you offended by my critique of religion or does it threaten your perceived superior position ??..
Waris Dirie's autobiography was upsetting enough, on that score.

“It's Time. . .”

New Holland

#219341 Mar 14, 2014
pusherman_ wrote:
<quoted text> Do you know which Pagan God it coincides with and who held the first "Christ Mass" ? if you did you'd know that it had nothing to do with Christ but of Deception by The Roman Catholic Church. specifically in 453 by pope Sixtus 111 (literally 666)(Apollo~greek god of death) Sun God, God of Heathens( Apollyon) In 10bce Ceasar Augustus adopted dec. 25th to coincide with the solar deity
That was Sol Invictus (the Unconquerable Sun). Dec 25 was also the birthday of the god Mithras, popular with the Roman legions.

“It's Time. . .”

New Holland

#219342 Mar 14, 2014
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
sure bud, that's simple:
as an atheist, obviously you don't know nor care what you believe, as long as it's in direct opposition to your perception of fundamentalism!
that'll be 20 bucks!
You're selling it cheap, rent boy.

“It's Time. . .”

New Holland

#219343 Mar 14, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
Seems like accepting Islam would have been torture enough.
Good one. LOLOLMAO!

“It's Time. . .”

New Holland

#219344 Mar 14, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
If this is coffee, please bring me some tea; but if this is tea, please bring me some coffee.
-Abraham Lincoln
Then again, old Abe never tried Aussie billy tea.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 8 min replaytime 79,986
How To Get To Heaven When You Die (Jan '17) 2 hr Um_because_facts 103
News Atheist inmate wins right to practice his faith... (Aug '15) 3 hr Um_because_facts 92
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 19 hr River Tam 32,582
News People's forum - Get off the fence of religious... (May '10) Fri blacklagoon 3 62
News Atheist billboards to mock Romney, Obama faith (Aug '12) Sep 15 superwilly 47
what science will NEVER be able to prove Sep 15 Me _ Myself _ I 8
More from around the web