Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 255875 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#219158 Mar 14, 2014
IPSEC wrote:
<quoted text>So, Dear Leader was guilty of Presentism. Who's running the show?
The Romans were running the show 2000 years ago in that area and they did not take kindly to anti slavery sentiment. That sort of writing could be construed as encouraging slave revolt. Sedition. Romans did not take kindly to that sort of thing. They had a habit of going in and killing everybody. That is how they handled things. Paul et all knew all that and wrote accordingly. Historical illiterates need to learn the times before they go making all sorts of ignorant assumptions.

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

#219160 Mar 14, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>All right. We're fixin' a squarin' off place.
Don't forget judgement day.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#219164 Mar 14, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>You always add do little to the conversation.

At least you're dependable on that.
It's the least I can do.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#219173 Mar 14, 2014
IPSEC wrote:
<quoted text>I saw your sarcasm and thought how utterly vapid and childish.
I saw 29 of the last 40 posts were you and thought "what a dumbass troll"

:)

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#219175 Mar 14, 2014
karl44 wrote:
<quoted text>
I have empathy for the victims of indoctrination.
For the apologists, NONE
The Indoctrination of a minor child into a hate cult needs be sanctioned by Law
You don't consider the apologists to also be "victims of indoctrination"?

Strange.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#219178 Mar 14, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:

Oh yeah, you Topix Atheists! are so fucking intelligent.
You think E=MC2 disproves God.
You think you can remove a piece of a mousetrap and it's still a mousetrap.
You think the Pope is an atheist.
You think all people are atheists.
You think dinosaurs had no DNA.
You claim to know the Bible better than Christians, but screw up the understanding of every single verse.
You claim to be atheists but claim to know that there is no God.
You claim to be agnostic but claim to know there is no God.
You have a hard time understanding the meanings of very basic words and post things like "define faith".
Buck, what am I forgetting here?
IPSEC wrote:
Why are you lying.?None of those statements are mine.
Why are you lying? I never said those statements were yours. I responded to IANS, not you.

Dumb ass.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#219179 Mar 14, 2014
IPSEC wrote:
<quoted text>He didn't? He acted just like the 80 million gun-fondling Christians in America today.
Oh.

So "80 million gun-fondling Christians in America today" gun down kids on school?

I didn't know that.

You'd think that would've made the nightly news...

Location hidden

#219180 Mar 14, 2014
IPSEC wrote:
<quoted text>1. No, you wouldn't need to be a mind reader, felon. You ask them. Ugh. Really.
2. Because they are a different person. Sheez.
3. If it were unnecessary, you would understand that people should be treated how they want to be treated, not like you want to be treated.
4. Because they might not want to be treated the way you do. Christianity really is the religion of aem, Me, Me!
5. Why would an omnipotent need obedience and why do you act so unlike your Vhrost?
LOL

Yeah because it's way more practical to ask someone before every action "is this what you would want" instead of just using common sense and realizing there is no need to alter "do unto others as you would have them do unto you"

And the underlying principle is even more basic common sense

You really are a dumbass

I am relegated you to the "Aura Mytha" category of too stupid to take seriously. You are just here to troll and don't care or know how stupid and unnecessary half the arguments you are trying to have really are

I may occasionally laughter at you but snugging other than that would be a waste of time. You hang in there insect. Some day you may feel like a man in real life

:)

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#219181 Mar 14, 2014
IPSEC wrote:
No, I didn't. I said I'd take real science over Apologetics, Inc
And then you used Creation Ministries you back you up.

Well done.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#219182 Mar 14, 2014
IPSEC wrote:
I don't care about the quote. You're maligning the Commander-in-Chief while troops are in harm's way.
I'd malign him either way.

No good American would say they've visited 57 US states.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#219183 Mar 14, 2014
IPSEC wrote:
<quoted text>Thank you for illustrating the immorality of Christian belief. Eternal judgement for a finite thought crime. You're disgusting.
Who said anything about eternal judgement?

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#219184 Mar 14, 2014
IPSEC wrote:
<quoted text>No, but whatever fantasy you require to not become a mass murderer works for me.
You don't need to fear I'll murder you, Eye Spec.

The most I would do is pull your shorts up into your crack, bend you over, then bounce you up and down with one arm by your shorts with your head hitting the floor until your underwear gives away and breaks. I call it the "Yo-Yo Treatment".

By the way, in prison, the murderers are the most trustworthy guys. Most are one-time offenders where somebody pissed them off real bad. The career petty crooks are the ones you have to watch.

And 90% of all fights are over what's on TV. I busted a guy's teeth out once 'cause he switched it from Andy Griffith.

Location hidden

#219185 Mar 14, 2014
IPSEC wrote:
<quoted text>Shut up, felon. Your free speech rights were locked up with you. Want to beat me up? Come on over. Ah, another internet tough guy. Go get 'em, Skummy! I'm saved! You're tortured! For thinking!
Hahahaha. You're a riot, Alice. Found your weak spot. What was your number? 36473883? Felon! Did you lose your right to vote and keep and bear firearms? You're only half a Christian. Hey, I just saw the Bulletproof Popemobile at the Mercedes museum. Your faithless Pope, scion of an international crime syndicate trading the bodies of young boys for their sick, twisted, Christian pleasure.
LOL

WOW

That one must have really hit the mark!

I'm not a felon btw

And I didn't threaten you. Maybe you just got scared? You didn't catch a glimpse of your shadow did you?

LOL

I take you are one of those 'men' where if something went down the girl would have to protect you! I'm just kidding, I know you wouldn't be with a girl! No wonder why you desperately need the Internet to validate your 'manhood'. Poor little Ippsy seems worked up. Just promise you won't close your eyes and try to sissy slap me while crying!

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#219186 Mar 14, 2014
IPSEC wrote:
Have a good day, theists and atheists, agnostics and gnostics. I've encountered enough spineless felons and Christian lunacy for one day.
I'm off into the world without a gun or a bulletproof car. I'm not afraid of the world like you weirdos who think this planet is only a prequel to your real life. It's 2014 people. Get a grip. Sheez.
Leaving Ft. Worth, headed for Armadillo?

Location hidden

#219187 Mar 14, 2014
IPSEC wrote:
Have a good day, theists and atheists, agnostics and gnostics. I've encountered enough spineless felons and Christian lunacy for one day.
I'm off into the world without a gun or a bulletproof car. I'm not afraid of the world like you weirdos who think this planet is only a prequel to your real life. It's 2014 people. Get a grip. Sheez.
Trying to convince people of your manhood again?

Man, how insecure are you?

Thinking there is an after-life would make people less afraid of harm in this world

Dumbass troll

LOL

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#219188 Mar 14, 2014
IPSEC wrote:
Ah, you're racist and homophobic. Where is that in the Constitution again?
It's in the 1st Amendment. I have the freedom of speech.

And according to our Declaration of Independence, I am endowed by my Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.

Sofuckoff

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#219189 Mar 14, 2014
IPSEC wrote:
So, you're making a definitive claim that you know the personal beliefs of the Pope and can prove it.
Yes. He's the Pope, a Christian. Denomination: Catholic.

“Credulity is not a virtue”

Since: Apr 09

San Francisco

#219190 Mar 14, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Theist:
noun
belief in the existence of a god or gods
http://i.word.com/idictionary/Theist
Atheist
noun
one who believes that there is no deity
http://i.word.com/idictionary/Atheist
I really don't care how you define either word, you're wrong on both counts.
An atheist disbelieves, or lacks belief, in ALL deities.
A theist believes in at least one deity.
There is NO definition of theist the way you describe it.
OK, so I cannot say that I know for a fact that there are no deities anywhere in the universe, but I don't believe in any deities because so far I have not been presented with convincing evidence of any.

Does that make me an atheist or an agnostic?

Since: Sep 10

Fremont, CA

#219191 Mar 14, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
You left out the assertion that rocks and turds are atheists.
And that rocks and turds are not atheists.
And that natural selection selected moral attributes that are disadvantageous for survival, in the quest for survival.
That's all I can think of right now. But I'm sure the list will grow.
Hey, I thought of something else the Redneck left out, as you know.

Again: He left out that he's an ignorant, uneducated loser.

C'mon, Buck, get with the program already.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#219192 Mar 14, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>I'd malign him either way.

No good American would say they've visited 57 US states.
Unless he was suffering from extreme exhaustion.

You are falling deeper and deeper into desperation, aren't you.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 1 min One way or another 40,165
News Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... (Oct '14) 7 min Abe 20,572
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 1 hr Into The Night 15,730
News The war on Christmas (Dec '10) 5 hr Bob of Quantum-Faith 4,624
A Universe from Nothing? 13 hr Reason Personified 18
Good arguments against Christianity Fri superwilly 90
For Atheists: Why do You Call Theories "Scient... Fri Into The Night 175
More from around the web