Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 258490 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#216648 Mar 4, 2014
EXPERT wrote:
Side note, since I got an 'A' in physics ...
You?

An "A" in ... PHYSICS?

"bible physics" does not count, you idiot.

LMAO!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Turning coffee into theorems”

Trapped inside a Klein Bottle

#216649 Mar 4, 2014
EXPERT wrote:
First, why do you continue to use the word "concept" when referring to infinity?
BTW...I refer to infinity as a concept because it IS a concept.

#216650 Mar 4, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
Is that the best you can do?
I realize, and I am confident most other readers realize, that this calculus path has nothing whatsoever to do with the concept of infinity in the physical world, and whether anything infinite exists.
We can use a path to describe a theoretical circular dick of infinite length.
Does one exist? Nobody would ever know from what you offer. But we do know what you blurted out is of no use whatsoever in answering any question that has ever been broached on this forum.
What was it then, exactly? It was you hoping you would convince someone you are smart.
Good luck with that, Crockthorton.
Buck is engaging in a straw man once again.

I have never claimed that infinity exists as something physical.

Buck is trying desperately to hold onto his narrative about "infinite donuts".

When it is pointed out what was really said, his only recourse is diversion.

Typical Buck. So predictable.(I believe I did say that pointing this out to Buck would be useless.)

Since: Dec 12

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#216651 Mar 4, 2014
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>So this is your style, name calling and false accusations rather than intelligent conversation?

I don't think you can argue against either one of these guys, their arguments against religion and the tenants that accompany them are rock solid.

I would now dare you to offer your evidence for the creator of the universe. Follow that with any examples of why anyone should even consider reading the bible.

Now shows as how being religious and having a belief in God has its benefits over not having a belief in God.

I'll wait!!!
Well yeah. It's nano. Abuse is its marker.
blacklagoon

Boston, MA

#216652 Mar 4, 2014
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
The problem with this, Butt Cheeks? Is that you don't actually know any scientists.
Isn it just me, or is this one of most childish things ever, posting a letter from an anonymous scientist and expecting anyone to believe it. Maybe he really believes everyone is just as stupid and as gullible as he is.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#216653 Mar 4, 2014
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>Isn it just me, or is this one of most childish things ever, posting a letter from an anonymous scientist and expecting anyone to believe it. Maybe he really believes everyone is just as stupid and as gullible as he is.
If that letter was written by an actual scientist? I would bet you $1000 that the "scientist" got his "degree" from one of those internet things, for $29.95.

And even then?

He paid too much...
blacklagoon

Boston, MA

#216654 Mar 4, 2014
Darwins Stepchild wrote:
<quoted text>
But I WOULD expect you to know the basics of physics if you got an A in the subject. For example, you should know that under constant acceleration the distance traveled in time t is given by (in a classical framework)...
V_0 t + 1/2 A t^2
If you couldn't even get close to understanding this, then I would have serious doubts about your claim to have even taken physics.
And that is the problem with Buck's claim about calculus. It is not that he doesn't know everything. It is that he has demonstrated no knowledge of ANYTHING about calculus.
And that last paragraph is just demonstrating you know virtually nothing about logic. Your conclusion does not follow from your premise.
I also see that you ignored completely the point that was being made. Diversion. Which seems to be your favorite tactic.
He also knows nothing about music or the Theory behind it, though he claims to have "expertise" on the subject. He couldn't answer the most basic questions. It appears as thought he is an "expert" in not much. Maybe a bullshit expert, but thats about it.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#216655 Mar 4, 2014
Divinity Surgeon wrote:
<quoted text>
Well yeah. It's nano. Abuse is its marker.
Correct.

She's an abusive bully. Likely she gets it because of a lifelong abuse at the hands of her godbot parents, and then the douchenozzles she goes out with.

I almost pity her... almost.

#216657 Mar 4, 2014
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>Isn it just me, or is this one of most childish things ever, posting a letter from an anonymous scientist and expecting anyone to believe it. Maybe he really believes everyone is just as stupid and as gullible as he is.
It is pretty pathetic.

#216658 Mar 4, 2014
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>He also knows nothing about music or the Theory behind it, though he claims to have "expertise" on the subject. He couldn't answer the most basic questions. It appears as thought he is an "expert" in not much. Maybe a bullshit expert, but thats about it.
Oh, you are oh so wrong. Buck knows everything about everything.[/sarcasm]

Since: Dec 12

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#216659 Mar 4, 2014
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>Correct.

She's an abusive bully. Likely she gets it because of a lifelong abuse at the hands of her godbot parents, and then the douchenozzles she goes out with.

I almost pity her... almost.
"Douchenozzles", lol.

Yeah, you might have something there, christer rents are experts on abuse of all kinds as well as dishonesty.

“ad victoriam”

Since: Dec 10

arte et marte

#216660 Mar 4, 2014
blacklagoon wrote:

I remember the time Fountain was driving and Pee Bob said Buck I bet you cat bust this bottle
on that sign . He would never let a challenge go unanswered, so he stuck his body out the window holding that beer bottle , just in time to face smack a telephone pole right in the face .
It took his head clean off , we been partying ever since.
While it is a distraction when anybody asks about the headless Buck...
We laugh liker hyenas!

“MEET KIKI -She Seeks Home”

Since: Oct 10

With Established Harem

#216661 Mar 4, 2014
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey, you've been away from home now for quite a while.
What's up?
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> She misses your "touch".
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =6hLLe7j_tKAXX
.. you got that all wrong Aura ..

.. here's Nano's dedication to Catcher ..

https://www.youtube.com/watch...

“ad victoriam”

arte et marte

#216662 Mar 4, 2014
Happy Lesbo wrote:
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey, you've been away from home now for quite a while.
What's up?
<quoted text>
.. you got that all wrong Aura ..
.. here's Nano's dedication to Catcher ..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =eKanARN8f60XX

Pushy touche' but since we went there :)....Touch....

https://www.youtube.com/watch...

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#216663 Mar 4, 2014
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
I remember the time Fountain was driving and Pee Bob said Buck I bet you cat bust this bottle
on that sign . He would never let a challenge go unanswered, so he stuck his body out the window holding that beer bottle , just in time to face smack a telephone pole right in the face .
It took his head clean off , we been partying ever since.
While it is a distraction when anybody asks about the headless Buck...
We laugh liker hyenas!
The way I heard it was they were going to staple his head back on but realized it would take an infinity of staples to do it so they just duct-taped it back on.

#216664 Mar 4, 2014
http://abstrusegoose.com/strips/i_know_someon...

Does this remind you of anyone?

Since: Sep 10

Fremont, CA

#216666 Mar 4, 2014
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> Hominy grits?
Or like Ralph Kramden, homanahomanahomanahomana.

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#216668 Mar 4, 2014
Darwins Stepchild wrote:
http://abstrusegoose.com/strip s/i_know_someone_like_this_but _im_pretty_sure_she_just_does_ it_to_torture_me.png
Does this remind you of anyone?
Sadly, far too many.
Red

Redlands, CA

#216669 Mar 4, 2014
OG Kush wrote:
Hey don't assign any blame to me.
The highly educated population of these United States of America decided that Obama was definitely better than Sarah Palin and John McCain.
The same brilliant innovative people also decided overwhelmingly that mitt Romney was a very poor choice for president.
The highly educated, brilliantly innovative people that voted for Obama.

&sn s=em

“ad victoriam”

arte et marte

#216670 Mar 4, 2014
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Or like Ralph Kramden, homanahomanahomanahomana.
one of these days

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Nonsense of a high order: The confused world of... 1 hr Dogen 2,628
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 1 hr dad1 61,004
Atheist Humor (Aug '09) 3 hr Amused 451
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 4 hr Into The Night 28,306
Deconversion Mon Eagle 12 138
News Quotes from Famous Freethinkers (Aug '12) Mar 18 Eagle 12 2,043
News Distrust of the non-religious runs deep in Amer... Mar 3 Eagle 12 126
More from around the web