Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 256555 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#215768 Mar 1, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
Not quite.
Jesus and the Father are one. You and I and the Father are one.
"Is it not written in your law,'I have said you are gods' "
-Jesus of Nazareth
Your true self is not physical. It is spirit. It is one with the Father.
When Jesus said that, "I have said you are gods", he wasn't referring to every man. He was referring to magistrates, judges, and other people who hold positions of authority and rule.

They are representing God, but they are mortal and will eventually be judged by God for how they used that authority.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#215769 Mar 1, 2014
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
Robert J. Bentley
"I will ensure that Alabama does not follow the trend of allowing gay marriages or civil unions, and I will protect our state's right to define marriage as between one man and one woman. I support the Defense of Marriage Act, affirming the right of states not to recognize same-sex marriages licensed in other states. Alabamians should work together to protect traditional marriage. The two-parent family provides the best environment of stability, discipline, responsibility, and character."
"Abortion is a fundamental assault on the sanctity of innocent human life. I will ensure that abortion in Alabama is limited only to cases in which the mother's life is in danger. I will oppose using public revenues to promote or perform abortion. As Governor, I will protect young girls from exploitation and statutory rape by requiring parental notification before a minor may obtain an abortion."
As Governor, he will protect young girls from rape by requiring parental notification before an abortion occurs.
Holyfuckinhell.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =9QGMz9beIL0XX
All the lesbians I know look like Hillary, but none on here.

Why do you think that is so?

Smile.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#215770 Mar 1, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
It's the same old story. If Christians act poorly, it's because they are Christians. If atheists or humanists act poorly, it's not because they are atheists or humanists.
It's probably because they knew Christians.
I've noticed that "standard" pattern among our atheist friends here.

They always gotta have a scapegoat. It's easier for them to blame Christians (and the God they don't believe in) than to take responsibility for their own actions or the actions of man.

"It's the church!"

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#215771 Mar 1, 2014
It aint necessarily so wrote:
They are all essentially the same thing in a slightly different wrapper. The world has suffered wherever Stalinism, Christianity, Maoism or Islam have called the shots, and in precisely the same way.
Please feel free to bring up Stalinism and Moaism all you like, and I will continue to point out how authoritarian ideologies of violence and despair are all the same. Only humanism offers an alternative worth working for.
And there we have it.

"Christianity is essentially the same thing as Stalinism."

Loon.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#215772 Mar 1, 2014
Catcher1 wrote:
Jerry Brown WILL be reelected.
You heard it from Catcher.
You're probably right.

This *IS* California.

We elected Schwarzenegger.......

And Brown....

I guess you liberals love living in debt.

Location hidden

#215773 Mar 1, 2014
The 'rational atheist/humanist' oxymoron's facts:

http://www.foxnews.com/science/2014/03/01/ove...

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#215774 Mar 1, 2014
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Not a close friend at all, but I have socialized with Jerry Brown at several functions.
I have called him Jerry when in a group and others called him that. One on one, I call him Governor and he calls me by my first name.
Brown is one hell of a nice guy, by the way. And his wife wears the pants in many respects.
Huh.

For some reason, that his wife wears the pants means something special to you.

That's quite telling....

As far as your buddy Jerry, it's no wonder you like him.

"Jobs for every American is doomed to failure because of modern automation and production. We ought to recognize it and create an income-maintenance system so every single American has the dignity and the wherewithal for shelter, basic food, and medical care. I'm talking about welfare for all. Without it, you're going to have warfare for all."

He's a Nanny State Ass. Perfect for libs like you.

Location hidden

#215775 Mar 1, 2014
North Korea is currently the best example of a pure humanist country at this point in history.

http://www.foxnews.com/science/2014/02/28/nor...

SMile.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#215776 Mar 1, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
OK. What did you guys do with Dave Nelson?
He went to get smokes.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#215777 Mar 1, 2014
Darwins Stepchild wrote:
<quoted text>
In the context of science...
From the World English Dictionary...
Theory:
5. a set of hypotheses related by logical or mathematical arguments to explain and predict a wide variety of connected phenomena in general terms: the theory of relativity
From the Britannica Online Encyclopedia...
scientific theory, systematic ideational structure of broad scope, conceived by the human imagination, that encompasses a family of empirical (experiential) laws regarding regularities existing in objects and events, both observed and posited. A scientific theory is a structure suggested by these laws and is devised to explain them in a scientifically rational manner.
In attempting to explain things and events, the scientist employs (1) careful observation or experiments,(2) reports of regularities, and (3) systematic explanatory schemes (theories). The statements of regularities, if accurate, may be taken as empirical laws expressing continuing relationships among the things or characteristics observed. Thus, when empirical laws are able to satisfy curiosity by uncovering an orderliness in the behaviour of things or events, the scientist may advance a systematic scheme, or scientific theory, to provide an accepted explanation of why these laws obtain.
Empirical laws and scientific theories differ in several ways. In a law, reasonably clear observational rules are available for determining the meaning of each of its terms; thus, a law can be tested by carefully observing the things and properties referred to by these terms. Indeed, they are initially formulated by generalizing or schematizing from observed relationships. In the case of scientific theories, however, some of the terms commonly refer to things that are not observed. Thus, it is evident that theories are imaginative constructions of the human mind—the results of philosophical and aesthetic judgments as well as of observation—for they are only suggested by observational information rather than inductively generalized from it. Moreover, theories cannot ordinarily be tested and accepted on the same grounds as laws. Thus, whereas an empirical law expresses a unifying relationship among a small selection of observables, scientific theories have much greater scope, explaining a variety of such laws and predicting others as yet undiscovered.
A theory may be characterized as a postulational system (a set of premises) from which empirical laws are deducible as theorems. Thus, it can have an abstract logical form, with axioms, formation rules, and rules for drawing deductions from the axioms, as well as definitions for empirically interpreting its symbols. In practice, however, theories are seldom structured so carefully.
You clearly don't understand what "theory" is in science, and you don't understand the Big Bang. Please refrain from posting on things you know nothing about.
For REAL information about the Big Bang...
NASA: http://science.nasa.gov/astrophysics/focus-ar...
National Geographic: http://science.nationalgeographic.com/science...
Cal Tech: http://www.ugcs.caltech.edu/~yukimoon/BigBang...
University of Michigan: http://www.umich.edu/~gs265/bigbang.htm
If this isn't enough, Google will find you more.
You know what works too, even though it violates your beliefs?

theory
noun
Educated guess

That works, too.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#215778 Mar 1, 2014
Darwins Stepchild wrote:
But you are the one claiming that the book of fiction known as the Bible proves the historicity of Jesus and the crucifixion...even though he and it are mentioned no where else except in works based on the Bible.
Do you know how wrong this of yours statement is?

"mentioned no where else"

o.O

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#215779 Mar 1, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
And there we have it.
Loon.
Totalitarian dictatorships.

Yes.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#215780 Mar 1, 2014
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
Robert J. Bentley
"I will ensure that Alabama does not follow the trend of allowing gay marriages or civil unions, and I will protect our state's right to define marriage as between one man and one woman. I support the Defense of Marriage Act, affirming the right of states not to recognize same-sex marriages licensed in other states. Alabamians should work together to protect traditional marriage. The two-parent family provides the best environment of stability, discipline, responsibility, and character."
"Abortion is a fundamental assault on the sanctity of innocent human life. I will ensure that abortion in Alabama is limited only to cases in which the mother's life is in danger. I will oppose using public revenues to promote or perform abortion. As Governor, I will protect young girls from exploitation and statutory rape by requiring parental notification before a minor may obtain an abortion."
As Governor, he will protect young girls from rape by requiring parental notification before an abortion occurs.
Holyfuckinhell.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =9QGMz9beIL0XX
Parents should be notified and aware of what their minor children are doing, sex and abortions included.

The crazy liberal mindset says that the government and the minor only needs to know, the parents are irrelevant.

Fuckthat.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#215781 Mar 1, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
And there we have it.
Loon.
BenAdam wrote:
Yes.
Christianity is a religion, not a dictatorship you moron.

Location hidden

#215782 Mar 1, 2014
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes.
The most basic fundamental of Christianity is personal choice.

Since: Sep 10

Redondo Beach, CA

#215783 Mar 1, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
I disagree with his views.
I also think he is unworthy of respect, and he is a raving idiot who could only be elected by a collection of raving idiots.
But if you guys want $15 gas, all your earnings going to taxes and public employee pensions, and Mexicans over-running your state, go ahead. The smart ones among you have already moved to Texas.
Do me a favor.

Make your pitch to the Redneck.

Tell him the Big One is coming soon, too.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#215784 Mar 1, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
RiversideRedneck wrote:
And there we have it.
Loon.
<quoted text>
Christianity is a religion, not a dictatorship you moron.
Thanks for your hilarious daffynitions.

Your comments make Peter Griffin look like a genius.

Redondo Beach, CA

#215785 Mar 1, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
You're probably right.
This *IS* California.
We elected Schwarzenegger.......
And Brown....
I guess you liberals love living in debt.
I'm a liberal.

I'm not in debt.

I'm generous.

I will buy you a one-way ticket to Texas.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#215786 Mar 1, 2014
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
The most basic fundamental of Christianity is personal choice.
So that it why you have to bash people into submission to your cult ?

"Join us orbe tortured for eternity anfter we kill you!" --Christianity

I bet you consider raping a woman at gun point a choice on the woman's part..

Redondo Beach, CA

#215787 Mar 1, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Huh.
For some reason, that his wife wears the pants means something special to you.
That's quite telling....
As far as your buddy Jerry, it's no wonder you like him.
"Jobs for every American is doomed to failure because of modern automation and production. We ought to recognize it and create an income-maintenance system so every single American has the dignity and the wherewithal for shelter, basic food, and medical care. I'm talking about welfare for all. Without it, you're going to have warfare for all."
He's a Nanny State Ass. Perfect for libs like you.
Hear, hear!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 13 min It aint necessari... 18,550
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 2 hr Brian_G 43,200
News Why I quit atheism 8 hr Eagle 12 708
Good arguments against Christianity 10 hr superwilly 209
A Universe from Nothing? 12 hr Mikko 533
The Dumbest Thing Posted by a Godbot (Jun '10) 16 hr Thinking 5,696
Atheism is a mental illness 17 hr Eagle 12 11
More from around the web