Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 243072 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#215536 Feb 27, 2014
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. the words of a wise man that I know ..
"Freedom of religion means freedom of religious BELIEFS, no more, no less. It doesn't mean that you have the right to discriminate, based on your religious beliefs. A person can't refuse to serve black people in a restaurant, based on religious beliefs. A parent can't deny medical treatment to a child, based on religious beliefs. A person can't go out and kill somebody, based on religious beliefs. The constitution protects the beliefs, but not actions that harm others, even if those actions are based on religious beliefs."
Wrong Blondie.

"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof;"

It would be hard to present a legitimate argument justifying racism in the Bible.

That is not the case with marriage. Moreover, you have the whole history of culture and other religions, not to mention science siding with the Bible that ss couples are not the same as marriage.

Moreover, there is no harm done.

Smile.

Since: Sep 10

San Francisco, CA

#215537 Feb 27, 2014
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. quit posting the contents of my PM's ..
Hahaha.

San Francisco, CA

#215538 Feb 27, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
You should seek help for your gambling problem.
Or as Scrooge says, "Seek help immediately, kid!"
Catcher doesn't gamble.

I don't have to.

“Rising”

Since: Dec 10

Milky Way

#215539 Feb 27, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
You are dreaming about you and me again, aren't you?
I dreamed you was a big brown furry munster that lived in a cave, and you liked to growl and roar and claw at trees. We went into the cave with torches and stabbed you with 40 spears.
You ate one of our braves, but you finally went down, and now you're stuffed and in the big
tee pee near the entrance to Jellystone National Park.
That's when I woke up and made the whole thing up. heheheh

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#215541 Feb 27, 2014
Catcher1 wrote:
Catcher doesn't gamble.
I don't have to.
"I bet the violence gets you excited." -Feltcher1

You bet, you gamble.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#215542 Feb 27, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
Jesus had previously escaped being stoned for the charge of blasphemy by insisting he was no more the son of god than anyone else, and quoted Jewish scripture to back it up "ye are sons of God".
Sons of God simply means 'mankind' or 'men'.

There are several scriptures where Jesus describes Himself as God.

John 8:
"You are from below; I am from above. You are of this world; I am not of this world."

"Therefore I said to you that you will die in your sins; for if you do not believe that I am He, you will die in your sins.”

"before Abraham was born, I am!"

Read this, John 8:
http://mobile.biblegateway.com/passage/...

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#215546 Feb 27, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
You stereotype all Christians as if we're the same. That's neither rational nor intellectual of you to do so.
I stand by my posts. I don't trust Christians to be honest and competent in matters pertaining to faith. I have had plenty of experience with them.including plenty right here on this thread. You, for example, are both incompetent with statistics and dishonest about your mistakes. KiMare is insane. And most of you can hardly exhale without using the word bigot in any context that doesn't extol Christians.

Then there are the publishers, websites, talk shows, and other population interface media spewing out a steady stream of disinformation. Christian ethics are well understood.

Sorry, but reputation matters. Those of you complaining here about not being believed or respected are wasting your time.

If you want to get along optimally, accept that and adapt. If not, continue attacking unbelievers for their opinions about the church and keep crying about being a victim.

San Francisco, CA

#215547 Feb 27, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
"I bet the violence gets you excited." -Feltcher
You bet, you gamble.
More of your redneck pedantry, not worth dignifying.

Do you have nothing better to do than to spout stupidity?

Fennario

#215548 Feb 27, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
If atheism suppresses Christians and freedom of religion as you desire, you'll likely start executing Christians for the criminal act of having a religion. It's the atheist way, proven by history.
So that's how you prefer it? Fine.

Christians have a history of institutionalized torture and murder. Humanists do not. Conflating humanism with totalitarian states is what we expect from you. That's what I mean about your values and methods.
OG Kush

Winter Garden, FL

#215549 Feb 27, 2014
RE

"Mark 14, at His trial:
Again the high priest asked him,“Are you the Messiah, the Son of the Blessed One?”
“I am,” said Jesus.“And you will see the Son of Man sitting at the right hand of the Mighty One and coming on the clouds of heaven.”
The high priest tore his clothes.“Why do we need any more witnesses?” he asked. "You have heard the blasphemy. What do you think?” They all condemned him as worthy of death.
They all condemned him as worthy of death. 65 Then some began to spit at him; they blindfolded him, struck him with their fists, and said,“Prophesy!” And the guards took him and beat him."

SPOILER
The butler did it, in the study, with a lead pipe and threatened to 'nail' him later. The "person of interest" is fighting extradition from Kolub.

Fennario

#215550 Feb 27, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
As to torturing and killing, atheists hold the high-water mark for that. Christians can't hold a candle to them.
We are humanists. Totalitarian states have nothing to do with humanism.

Location hidden

#215551 Feb 27, 2014
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
KiMare is insane.
Ah, the 'rational atheist' with the reasoned rebuttal.

Read: Oxymoron...

Snicker.

Location hidden

#215552 Feb 27, 2014
<quoted text>
Christians have a history of institutionalized torture and murder. Humanists do not. Conflating humanism with totalitarian states is what we expect from you. That's what I mean about your values and methods.
No conflation necessary. It is not the problem of moral, rational Christians that godless humanism consistently leads to the most reprobate, violent tyrants in history.

Your denial of that fact, and the blatant, unvalidated lie about violence attributed to Christians is not a rational rebuttal.

Once again it is the 'rational atheist' oxymoron...

SMirk.

“The future begins”

Since: Jul 07

every moment

#215553 Feb 27, 2014
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
That story is NOT in any Jewish document.
It is a fabrication by James Tabor in his book "The Jesus Dynasty".
I find it sad that both sides of "religious debates" have difficulty discerning fact from fiction.
It should be, and possibly will be, clarified that the Panthera legend is not a Tabor "fabrication". While giving an overview of all the possibilities of Jesus' parentage suggested in history, in this case he was merely citing Celsus, an early skeptic of the mythology of Christianity.

From Tabor's blog,

"In my treatment in The Jesus Dynasty I end up saying that if we were to fill out Jesus’“birth certificate” we would most likely have to put under Father,“Unknown.” "

Fennario

#215554 Feb 27, 2014
scaritual wrote:
I sometimes think Ar aR see's being wrong or in error, and blatantly so, as some bizarre type of individualism or having pride in "standing up for my beliefs".
When in reality, he's just flat out wrong. Pride in ignorance isn't pride, it's just ignorance.
He contributes as much as anyone to the reputation that Christian apologists enjoy. We get a continuous diet of misinformation from such sources, whether due to ignorance, incompetence or dishonesty. Personally, I don't care which it is. Either way, they're worthy of being ignored and disbelieved.

Fennario

#215556 Feb 27, 2014
KiMare wrote:
"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof"
We´ll have a little cleaning up to do to get back into compliance with that.

Location hidden

#215557 Feb 27, 2014
<quoted text>
We´ll have a little cleaning up to do to get back into compliance with that.
It is getting perverted isn't it?

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#215558 Feb 27, 2014
Catcher1 wrote:
More of your redneck pedantry, not worth dignifying.
Do you have nothing better to do than to spout stupidity?
Ya sure, check this out:

More than half of your liberal buddies don't know how long it takes for the earth to orbit the sun.

"Liberals Less Likely to Know Earth Revolves Around the Sun than Conservatives"

http://www.frontpagemag.com/2014/dgreenfield/...

"we see that moderates are the dumbest people around, followed by liberals while conservative Republicans are the best informed"

LMMFAOOOOOOO!!!!!!

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#215559 Feb 27, 2014
We are humanists. Totalitarian states have nothing to do with humanism.
We?!

You are the *only* Humanist here. At least the only person claiming to be one.

Have you ever seen any other poster besides you that says they're a Humanist?

All we've got is a bunch of opinionated, retarded, fact-hating, Christian-hating Topix Atheists! here.

And Blob.

Long Beach, CA

#215560 Feb 27, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Ya sure, check this out:
More than half of your liberal buddies don't know how long it takes for the earth to orbit the sun.
"Liberals Less Likely to Know Earth Revolves Around the Sun than Conservatives"
http://www.frontpagemag.com/2014/dgreenfield/...
"we see that moderates are the dumbest people around, followed by liberals while conservative Republicans are the best informed"
LMMFAOOOOOOO!!!!!!
Hey everybody.

Check out the Redneck's latest source.

Do we laugh, or cry?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... (Oct '14) 4 min ChristineM 9,203
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 2 hr dirtclod 19,743
Should atheists have the burden of proof? 3 hr superwilly 18
News Aliens and evolution (Jun '12) 3 hr polymath257 6,169
John 3:16 11 hr superwilly 30
Atheists have morals too! 16 hr Amused 4
News Atheism 101: The anti-intellectualism of religion Jun 28 QUITTNER Jne 28 2015 53
More from around the web