Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 258471 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#214909 Feb 25, 2014
EXPERT wrote:
<quoted text>
Beeatch! Go cook me a chicken pot pie!
No.

Abuser.

Give your AsfuckingJesus my regards, though-- did your Jesus bother to use lube?

No?

That figures.

“Turning coffee into theorems”

Trapped inside a Klein Bottle

#214910 Feb 25, 2014
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL. How many syllables in Cthulhu?
The group of eight of us that went to dinner recently were instructed to write a Valentine's Day themed poem. Here was mine, which I had actually written a few years earlier, but thought was perfect for the occasion:
With stuffing in hand,
Arm elbow deep in turkey,
Her memory haunts.
I have heard haiku defined as 3 lines with a total of 17 syllables. I prefer the stricter definition of 5-7-5 syllables. It looks like you do as well.

“ad victoriam”

Since: Dec 10

arte et marte

#214911 Feb 25, 2014
Happy Lesbo wrote:
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Satan likes it that you think it's silly.
Just sayin....
<quoted text>
.. hi ya Chris ..
.. humans are akin to three-headed dragons with the middle head having to make the ultimate decisions ..
.. the left head (Satan if you will) says, "Go ahead, it will be fun" ..
.. the right head (Higher Self if you will) says, " That's wrong, don't do it" ..
.. and, there you sit, caught in the middle of the drama, both dragon heads yowling instructions ..
.. what to do, what to do ??..
.. does this daily drama have anything to do with belief or unbelief? Or, is it simply a manifestation of the human condition ??..
.. anyway, when it comes to sex, my left head always wins. Can I blame it on Satan ??..
Nah , it don't matter how many times he knocks on your door...you wont let him in.:)

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#214912 Feb 25, 2014
cup of coffee wrote:
<quoted text>
Yet it hounds you day and night with fear and uncertainty. You know you are a lying bastard.
Your are really showing a sickness. I think you need to go to the doctor and be checked for atheism. Even your blood tests will show you are a psychotic lying topix moderator.
Oh, Siro/Rio/etc/etc....

Your hate has revealed you for who you are-- and I'm so going to get this sock banned too.

Enjoy it while you are able-- you'll be gone, soon enough.

LMAO!

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#214913 Feb 25, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Hispanics commit three times the crimes than whites.
Blacks commit 14 times times the crimes than whites.
Your color is irrelevant if you did the crime.
Based on?

Or are you pulling this out of your oversized azzhole?

Do you leak back there, after the AsfuckingJesus has had his way with you?

Sad.

#214914 Feb 25, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Louisiana does not have the highest murder rate by firearm, California does.
In 2011, LA had 402 murders by firearm, CA had 1,220.
http://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/ucr/crime-in...
You don't know that actual gun ownership rates. People who have illegal guns don't register them...
Incorrect. You are conflating "rate" with "total". California, with its huge population, would be expected to have a high total number of murders by firearm.

However, "rate" is calculated by "total divided by population". This puts Louisiana, with its much smaller population, as having a higher murder RATE than California.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#214915 Feb 25, 2014
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. to dismiss the historical man known as Jesus, you must ignore all gospels including Gnostic writings dismissed by Constantine ..
.. why would so many people write of such a person if he was not real? That simply doesn't make sense to me ..
.. the historical Jesus was most likely a rebel, a mystical rabbi who angered both Jews and Romans ..
Indeed-- I do dismiss all ***religious** so-called "documents".

For the simple reason that they each have an agenda-- and accurate history didn't make the list.

Just as I would dismiss all **religious** so-called "documents" about Zeus, or Thor or Imhotep.

But it's much worse than you portray: there is not a single document written during Jesus' alleged life-- not even a **religious** one!

The various "gospels" we have-- including the ones not canon, are all written several generations after the alleged events.

That fact is the most damning of all-- there never was a historical Jesus.

#214916 Feb 25, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Darwins Stepchild wrote:
Yes, but was it a "good touch" or a "bad touch"?
<quoted text>
You lie.
You're exposing yourself as a liar, Catch.
Many people reading this know that I've said God touched me on the head.
(here comes the perverted, sexually depraved and deprived Topix Atheist! comment of "which head?")
But which head?

Or were you touched IN the head?

“ad victoriam”

Since: Dec 10

arte et marte

#214917 Feb 25, 2014
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
Nevertheless, take the state of Georgia, for instance. It has a population of 9,920,000. Multiply that by 4, you'll get 39,680,000(a population approximate to California), then multiply by 4 the deaths attributed to guns in Georgia, you'll end up with 1504.
So.
California has 37,253,956 in population with 1257 gun murders.
Georgia(adjusted to reflect population size) would be:
39,680,000 in population with 1504 gun murders.
Georgia has very permissive gun laws(easy to acquire concealed carry, open carry, minimal gun purchase restrictions, no ammunition purchase limits etc...), and almost twice the number of population that does own a gun, percentage wise, based upon population, compared to California statistics.
I understand the California/Georgia comparison, based upon the adjusted numbers in population can't be considered a 100% accurate forecast or indicator, but you can do that with essentially every state that has relaxed gun laws, compare the adjusted population rates to California and the numbers come out very similar each time. Even leaving the population and statistics just as they are, comparatively, they equate in relatively similar terms.
Which, in the final analysis, tends to show that increased gun law restrictions don't necessarily decrease gun crime rates, but I don't think you can assert or infer that a >decrease< in gun law restrictions result in less gun related crime. At least not in the United States. Maybe you can point out where my reasoning or logic is flawed.
As far as DC goes, I'm not sure much can be drawn from the statistics there, since it's surrounded by states that have fairly liberal gun laws, and it's surrounded by states that have fairly high gun related murders(based upon the map and data from the theguardian @
http://www.theguardian.com/news/datablog/inte...
And here.
http://www.theguardian.com/news/datablog/2011...
DC is also listed on the Wikipedia site and it clearly shows the murder rates there, so I'm not convinced that it's something that is avoided, as far as media coverage.
To be honest, I'm somewhat neutral on the issue in the sense that I don't think increased or decreased gun laws or restrictions on firearms make a huge difference when there are so many guns already owned long before the laws were relaxed or tightened, depending on the state.
The U.S. just has a whole bunch of fncking guns, and I don't think anyone really disagrees with that observation.
This is what makes sense.What matters most is population density.
This is where Atlanta pushes the comparison with other large cities.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#214918 Feb 25, 2014
Happy Lesbo wrote:
.. why would so many people write of such a person if he was not real? That simply doesn't make sense to me ..
The same reason people write of Bigfoot, the Loch Ness beast, or Alien abductions?

Answer: people are stupid, and are prone to lying to make themselves "special" in the eyes of their neighbors.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#214919 Feb 25, 2014
Happy Lesbo wrote:
.. the historical Jesus was most likely a rebel, a mystical rabbi who angered both Jews and Romans ..
Never existed-- not even close.

The **oldest** material we have that refers to this character, is **always** showing him to be a pure spirit, angelic or heavenly being.

***NEVER** as a human being.

That comes several generations later-- much too late, really.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#214920 Feb 25, 2014
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
No, I always defended the kid being bullied.
Liar.

You never defended me-- when I was being bullied by your fellow Genuine Christholes™.

You joined in in the bullying, in fact.

You lie.

It's how you roll, I guess.
Anon

Lakewood, OH

#214921 Feb 25, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Yup. Go work on that low self esteem of yours. Just make sure people are watching...
And keep your eyes up when in that multi-cultural shower.
Is 46,456 posts in roughly a year and a half you personal solution for low self-esteem?

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#214922 Feb 25, 2014
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
No, they didn't.
Your hate cult will fade away-- just like the millions of gods before it came along.

I know this hurts you, down deep-- but the facts are what they are.

Reality does not care about your feelings in the matter.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#214923 Feb 25, 2014
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
And that is your opinion, right?
Snicker.
Nope.

Fact.

Produce *ONE*(1) document that was written **DURING** your alleged Jesus' life.

One.

Even a **religious** one!

You can't-- not even your 4 gospels qualify-- they were written 3 or 4 generations too late.

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#214924 Feb 25, 2014
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. Dickless ??..
.. you mean Monica only got to 3rd base with Bill ??..
.. this is all so confusing. If Bill is a lesbian, what is Hilary ??..
.. is Chelsea Clinton another of your love children ??..
Have you not noticed how much Chelsea looks like Web Hubbell?

I mean, both have that bottom lip overhanging their chin. Spittin' image.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#214925 Feb 25, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
Sometimes I like to run the bases backwards.
...I mean clockwise.
Not with her backwards.
...Well,sometimes...never mind.
Don't worry, I didn't read the whole post.

It's still a secret.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#214926 Feb 25, 2014
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
I answered that question last week.
Damn honey, you are just plain Blonde!
No-- you did not.

You are too full of hate to have volunteered to help anyone.

Your bullying tactics prove this time and time again.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#214927 Feb 25, 2014
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Um, that would be It Ain't behind me...
If I fell off your ego and landed on your IQ, I'd die.
Smile.
You did not answer the question, Bully.

Has your "Satan, get behind me" **ever** worked in the entire history of the planet?

No?

Interesting.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#214928 Feb 25, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:

You lie.
You're exposing yourself as a liar, Catch.
Many people reading this know that I've said God touched me on the head.
(here comes the perverted, sexually depraved and deprived Topix Atheist! comment of "which head?")
Darwins Stepchild wrote:
But which head?
Or were you touched IN the head?
See? The sexually depraved and deprived Topix Atheist! comment of "which head?"

I hate being right all the time.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Nonsense of a high order: The confused world of... 6 min yehoshooah adam 3,788
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 10 min 15th Dalai Lama 70,136
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 58 min John 30,135
News Tampa Teacher @LoraJane Hates Christians, Promo... 11 hr Evilgelicalling 460
News Atheism and cowardice (Nov '11) 20 hr Eagle 12 12,674
Evidence for God! (Oct '14) Wed superwilly 579
News The rise of militant atheism (Sep '09) May 21 online reality bu... 9,236
More from around the web