Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent. Full Story

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#214592 Feb 24, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus told me to tell you to fuckoff.
So fuckoff.
Who Would Jesus Asfuck?

Look!

Rancid River Redsuck knows!

“The who whating how...”

Since: Dec 12

"...with huh?"

#214593 Feb 24, 2014
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>Reality isn't a popularity contest, of course.

But it does give one hope for the future, to see the rise in people **not** deluded by religion.
Hey, whatever works.

Religion has failed miserably and killed billions in the process.

“The who whating how...”

"...with huh?"

#214594 Feb 24, 2014
<quoted text>He's a True Believer™, so it could be either one...
I'm going with imbecile in ar ar's case.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#214595 Feb 24, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Yay for you.
So you know that you aren't everybody?
Wiccans fall in the same category as you when it comes to a census. They believe in spirits, souks and spells. Do you?
I'm not batshit insane-- so no, I do not believe in stupid shyt like supernatural woo.

I'm so sorry for your loss.

And?

You lie-- Wiccans are not cagagorized as "unbeliever", seeing as how they do ... believe.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#214596 Feb 24, 2014
lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text> Did you even bother to read the article?
<quoted text>
He is the expert. Not you. You should take the word of the expert in this case.
He's not impressive. I've seen his shyt before-- usually in a QUOTE MINE by some gotbot liar.

So what?

Can you produce a reference to a HISTORICAL DOCUMENT that was written during your alleged Jewsus' life?

No?

We thought not-- conclusion: your Jewsus is myth.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#214597 Feb 24, 2014
Divinity Surgeon wrote:
<quoted text>
I know. It's a mystery.
:)

You don't think there is a correlation between the elimination of most handguns, and a sharp decline in gun-related deaths?

;)

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#214598 Feb 24, 2014
Divinity Surgeon wrote:
<quoted text>
He's approaching a meltdown. Lol.
Indeed he is-- anytime a godbot starts using profanity, then you can bank on it, they are frothing at the mouth, and the spittle is hitting their screens as they type.

I really shouldn't bait him so-- it's too easy.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#214599 Feb 24, 2014
<quoted text>
I'm not batshit insane-- so no, I do not believe in stupid shyt like supernatural woo.
I'm so sorry for your loss.
And?
You lie-- Wiccans are not cagagorized as "unbeliever", seeing as how they do ... believe.
I never talked about anyone being cagagorized.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#214600 Feb 24, 2014
Divinity Surgeon wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey, whatever works.
Religion has failed miserably and killed billions in the process.
Indeed.

The historical record of the human race is an ugly one, isn't it?

I just hope we can get it together before we either kill each other off, or pollute the planet to the point we cannot sustain our current technology.

It's kind of an anti-race to the goal... I just hope humans figure out how to leave the nest, before poison in the nest kills us off.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#214601 Feb 24, 2014
Divinity Surgeon wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm going with imbecile in ar ar's case.
Yes, that does fit all the available facts.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#214602 Feb 24, 2014
KiMare wrote:
2. You have two thousand years of Christianity's substance superseding any belief system it comes in contact with.
<quoted text>
So what?
Egyptian civilization with EGYPTIAN GODS, lasted 4000 to 6000 years or more, depending on who you ask.
Chinese gods are even **older**-- lasting upwards of 10,000 years or so.
Your pathetic religion is a new kid on the block--
--- soon?
Your hate-cult will fade away too.
Honey, now you are just being plain stupid.

Since: Nov 13

Location hidden

#214603 Feb 24, 2014
lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text> Christian truth claims are in the bodily resurrection of Jesus Christ. Scholars affirm the historicity of the crucifixion of Jesus via Pilate and early Christians believed Jesus resurrected. Bart Ehrman feigns ignorance on resurrection of Jesus. If bodily resurrection happened then Christianity is true in an objective sense. If not then Christianity is false.
Anyone who believes God is the source of all life has no real problem with God ability to cause resurrection from the dead. The real miracles lies not with resurrection but with the virgin birth of Jesus and His spiritual and subsequent physical death on the cross..
I get that.
But, the fact remains that most (if not all) religious people must be wrong in their belief. Yet, none are willing to concede that their view is probably wrong.
The likelihood of your (not YOU but any random religious person) belief being wrong gets even smaller if you include the religions and views of humans from the past.
You would think this recognition would at the least generate a lot of uncertainty if not abandonment of religion. Maybe it does to some extent.
But ask these questions and actually think about the answer to each:
Is it more likely that all religions other than Mormons are wrong or, that all religion is wrong? Well?
Is it more likely that all religions other than Wiccans are wrong or, that all religion is wrong? Well?
Is it more likely that all religions other than Confucianists are wrong or, that all religion is wrong?
Is it more likely that all religions other than Sunnais are wrong or, that all religion is wrong?
Is it more likely that all religions other than Romans were wrong or, that all religion is wrong?
How many religions can you ask this question of before the only logical answer starts become painfully obvious to you?

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#214604 Feb 24, 2014
<quoted text>
A fictional claim you have yet to prove. In **any** fashion.
<quoted text>
You are just lying, here-- a flat lie-- there is NO historical documentation of your Jesus character.
None that dates to his alleged life.
Thus? He's just myth-- the OLDEST is 3 or 4 generations TOO LATE.
Confirming he's just a myth.
If you will not even read the article from an expert who is in your camp and who also compares folks like you to holocaust deniers. You got some serious problems there dude.

“The who whating how...”

"...with huh?"

#214605 Feb 24, 2014
<quoted text>:)

You don't think there is a correlation between the elimination of most handguns, and a sharp decline in gun-related deaths?

;)
I left "it's the guns, stupid" thread, just over a year ago, for a reason.

I agree with you, however y'all have all those violent christians there as well as a fascist govt, so I be quiet.

What I still think is absolutely ludicrous, is the concept of armed teachers in schools but considering the number of starving and homeless kids in Murika, meh.
blacklagoon

Hyde Park, MA

#214606 Feb 24, 2014
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh please, give reference.
Smile.
Did you know that the God you worship murders little babies, and destroys fetuses? Just wondering!!! It's something you need to know and somehow come to grips with!!

Your basically insane anyway so I'm sure this fits right in with your insane acceptance of this demon God.

“The who whating how...”

"...with huh?"

#214607 Feb 24, 2014
<quoted text>Indeed he is-- anytime a godbot starts using profanity, then you can bank on it, they are frothing at the mouth, and the spittle is hitting their screens as they type.

I really shouldn't bait him so-- it's too easy.

But it's so funny. I love it when the mask slips. It's helpful.

Location hidden

#214608 Feb 24, 2014
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus is not a historical figure?
<quoted text>
Correct.
Show your work, if you wish to claim otherwise.
Hint: the bible is not PROOF-- the bible is the CLAIM.
You WILL need to show OTHER than the bible, here.
Hint: any source that is NEWER than your alleged Jesus? Is not proof either.
You **will** need some documentation DURING YOUR ALLEGED JESUS LIFE, here.
Good luck-- you're going to need it.
^ Jump up to: a b In a 2011 review of the state of modern scholarship, Bart Ehrman (a secular agnostic) wrote: "He certainly existed, as virtually every competent scholar of antiquity, Christian or non-Christian, agrees" B. Ehrman, 2011 Forged : writing in the name of God ISBN 978-0-06-207863-6. page 285
^ Jump up to: a b Michael Grant (a classicist) states that "In recent years,'no serious scholar has ventured to postulate the non historicity of Jesus' or at any rate very few, and they have not succeeded in disposing of the much stronger, indeed very abundant, evidence to the contrary." in Jesus by Michael Grant 2004 ISBN 1898799881 page 200
^ Jump up to: a b Richard A. Burridge states: "There are those who argue that Jesus is a figment of the Church’s imagination, that there never was a Jesus at all. I have to say that I do not know any respectable critical scholar who says that any more." in Jesus Now and Then by Richard A. Burridge and Graham Gould (Apr 1, 2004) ISBN 0802809774 page 34

Smile.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#214609 Feb 24, 2014
I'm not batshit insane
Yes you are.

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's Teapot

#214610 Feb 24, 2014
lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/bart-d-ehrman/d...
<quoted text> Note agnostic who leans towards atheism, Ehrman compares people like you to holocaust deniers.
<quoted text> You know more than Ehrman?
This is what Ehrman also has to say:

“The more I studied the manuscript tradition of the New Testament, the more I realized just how radically the text had been altered over the years at the hands of scribes, who were not only conserving scripture but also changing it." - Misquoting Jesus, the Story Behind Who Changed the Bible and Why - by Bart D. Ehrman

"Doctrines such as the divinity of Jesus and Heaven and Hell are not based on anything Jesus or his earlier followers said. At least 19 of the 27 books in the New Testament are forgeries. Believing the Bible is infallible is not a condition for being a Christian." - Jesus, Interrupted - by Bart D. Ehrman

Location hidden

#214611 Feb 24, 2014
<quoted text>
My criticism stands: the Cat'Lick church is the most hypocritical orginization on the planet.
They preach "love" but sell hate and bigotry instead.
They teach austerity, all the while their leaders live in fabulous wealth.
They claim to care for their fellow human, but they heap abuse, ridicule and murder on people instead.
My criticism is just.
I'm not Catholic, but they usually run food banks in every community across the country. They also set up free medical and homeless housing in the community where I lived to 25 years.

Your criticism is ridiculous.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
"Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 11 min Dogen 17,035
The Consequences of Atheism 1 hr Eagle 12 855
Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... 1 hr Eagle 12 4,939
Religiosity 2 hr thetruth 5
What evidence make you believe in God/gods? 2 hr thetruth 34
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) 2 hr thetruth 1,674
Is God a Perfect Being? 6 hr hpcaban 1
More from around the web