Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 258512 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#214355 Feb 23, 2014
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. for me, mocking is annoying, obnoxious and nasty. It's a hint that the individual may be insecure and small, a person who belittles others to make himself feel better. How does it empower you ??..
.. dry humor is fun but not at the expense and humiliation of others ..
<quoted text>
.. what ??..
<quoted text>
.. there it is, one upmanship ..
What hypocritical BS.

Smirk.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Location hidden

#214356 Feb 23, 2014
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
Gays and lesbians will probably divorce at the same rate as heterosexuals.
Ss marriage is an oxymoron. You can't divorce what you never were.

Smile.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Since: May 09

Location hidden

#214357 Feb 23, 2014
KiMare wrote:
KiMare wrote:
Perhaps you could give me a historic example?
<quoted text>
The Druids and Aztecs are examples of godless societies???
Damn girl you are losing it.
Okay, before you throw limp wristed dirt and run, try one more time. Name some cultures that eradicated religion (as much as possible).
SMirk.
Christianity, in its various forms.

Although it(Christianity) almost eradicated the practitioners of whatever religion Christianity was trying to eradicate at the time.

North and South America are prime examples of that.

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#214358 Feb 23, 2014
lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text> You are one of the few on here who comes across as actually humane.
Let me ask you something. Have you read about the whole Ellen DeGeneres and Portia de Rossi divorce? If true who do you think is going to foot the bill on that one? Ellen is going to be paying through the nose. At 55 her bank account is going to take a huge hit.
----------
Ellen DeGeneres And Portia de Rossi Divorce: Couple Separate As Jealousy and Cheating Rip Marriage Apart ┬ľ Report (PHOTO)
http://www.celebdirtylaundry.com/2014/ellen-d...
Portia de Rossi is HOT!!!

You don't happen to know her phone number do you?

Location hidden

#214359 Feb 23, 2014
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
Christianity, in its various forms.
Although it(Christianity) almost eradicated the practitioners of whatever religion Christianity was trying to eradicate at the time.
North and South America are prime examples of that.
First, the challenge is to present a country the portrays the glory of atheism. You clearly have nothing to offer.

Second, religions have risen and fallen all through history. You expose your hate and bigotry by focusing on Christianity. You expose your ignorance by asserting that a religion based on free personal choice can be forced on anyone.

Truly an epic fail.

Next.

Smile.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#214360 Feb 23, 2014
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>Looking for a true 'rational atheist' to take on where 'it ain't so' bailed out.

Any brave soulless atheists care to try???

Smirk.

Ah, here come the sissy excuses. Are all 'rational atheists' gay???

Smirk.
No.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#214361 Feb 23, 2014
Divinity Surgeon wrote:
<quoted text>
I understand, unfortunately, christians are allowed to become psychologists and have access to people's minds.
Scary.
Yes-- anyone who's world view included "I will pray for you" as other than an insane idea, is ...

... insane.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Since: May 09

Location hidden

#214362 Feb 23, 2014
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
First, the challenge is to present a country the portrays the glory of atheism. You clearly have nothing to offer.
Second, religions have risen and fallen all through history. You expose your hate and bigotry by focusing on Christianity. You expose your ignorance by asserting that a religion based on free personal choice can be forced on anyone.
Truly an epic fail.
Next.
Smile.
Moving the goal posts is just that.

Have fun with your pigeon chess games.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#214363 Feb 23, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
There's no such thing as an "accidental pregnancy" when the two people aren't using contraceptives, just like there's no such thing as accidentally contracting an STD when found the same.
You'd think that people with no money to raise their own child would look at their options... They don't have the money to raise a child and sometimes no desire. If they have no contraceptions available, their option should be abstaining from sex until they do.
People need to be responsible for their own actions.
If "condoms costs a few cents", then why the hell should our tax dollars need to pay for them?
NONE of your statements address my comments-- NONE of your statements refute my comments.

You did not even try.

Here they are again-- which you failed to refute:

There are many excellent reasons why it's cheaper to pay for free contraceptives, than to pay for unwanted babies later.
And worse-- to pay for the crimes that kids who grow up unwanted typically commit.
A condom costs a few cents.
The crimes committed by an unwanted teen living on the streets, is beyond measure--if people are killed in the process.
Your shortsighted and selfish idiocy is also without limit.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#214364 Feb 23, 2014
Rosa_Winkel wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for that. I remember the way Shah would sleep on the pillow in winter, so I woke up to find my face buried in his big fluffy mane.

But one thing cats hate is when their owner gets upset, then they're so sweet. I know that he would not want me to be sad for him now.
Yes-- cats seem to have a great deal of empathy. As do dogs-- alas, I cannot have dogs, I'm not home enough to give the dog what it would need.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#214365 Feb 23, 2014
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
There is a such thing as an accidental pregnancy. It's when you get pregnant unintentionally. If you get an STD unintentionally, that's an accident too. Accidents are unintentional effects. Pregnancies are often happy accidents.
I think you made this error accidentally.
Ar rA thinks his god **deliberately** creates each and every fetus.

Even the accidental ones....

... his god is kind of a d*ck like that...

<laffin>

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#214366 Feb 23, 2014
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
I've been reading responses to his posts.
I only catch a few smiles and smirks from him/her as I scroll past.
We need some new theists. The ones that haven't retreated into the closet yet are the ones who aren't bright enough to know better.
Oh, I agree-- it's long past time for some new Theists herein.

The existing ones have long since used up all their mojo.

It'd be nice to have some fresh ideas for a change.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#214367 Feb 23, 2014
lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text> Neither are lying nor are they anonymous. John is the Gospel which is far more explicit about the identity of Christ bring equal to God. In other words Jesus is Yahweh according to John. Like most fundies you are far to literal in your interpretations and selective in your facts.
John is one of the more Interesting ones.

It reads like a homoerotic love story, between John and Jesus.

It's rather amusing, considering how much you **hate** the gays.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“The future begins”

Since: Jul 07

every moment

#214368 Feb 23, 2014
lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text> You were the one who claimed the rebirth of Israel essentially was no big deal. I asked you to cite other examples of nations reforming after 1500 years since you know so much about history and so far all I am seeing is smoke and excuses. It is your camp which claims the Bible is nothing more than a book of myths. OTOH it is used as a basis to bring back a country after close to 1900 years. Well which is it? Do your so called examples above come any where close to 1500 years? This is perhaps the most clear example of present day prophecy . Justin writes about the fall of Jerusalem in his first apology as history.[47:35] Then writes about things yet to happen. Then cites Ezek 37 as a basis for the reformation of Israel as you go through chapter 53. The problem is not with the actual evidence because when it is presented all critics do is minimize. Do they have any precedent from history where any other country came back after that long a time and it was predicted by so many from a so called book of myths?
Big deal, they hung around a little longer than others AND Xtians just happen to be enamored with their nationalistic yearnings enshrined as "scripture". Just because you're totally ignorant of similar yearnings in the other conquered and re-emerged lands doesn't negate their existence.

Show where the book of myths was used as "basis" for re-establishing the nation of Israel. You're going to disappointed when you find it had a whole lot more to do with post-WWI Anglo-French imperialist position for Mideast resources and the Suez Canal, and the Jews took advantage of the situation.

But yes, there was a new Palestine (not Israel), where there had not been one since, whoa, wait,...well, since the Israelites came and stole it, er, excuse me...."inherited" it! Now there would be a prophecy - if only the Palestinians had centuries of Christian guilt on their side they might not find themselves marginalized in the land of their forefathers even predating Israel.

(hmm, betcha didn't know about that)

Ezekiel is an interesting choice. Say, what is the criteria for a false prophet again?(he asked with a wicked gleam in his eye;) I tink dat Zeke has got sum splainin' to do.
lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text> You know as much about the Bible as you did about the book Atlas Shrugged which you admit you did read yet felt compelled to do a type of negative report based on some business man from Sears. Not on actual evidence from reading the book. What a joke.
I believe in practical application. Neo-conservatives are all goo-ga over Rand's "philosophy". Well, here's a real-life application - a Rand disciple takes a century-old company to receivership in five years.

You wanted a literary critique? Ok - she writes like she looks - flat, boring, smug, pedantic, superior, muddled, self-involved, hyperbolic, vague, belligerent.

But it's great in the outhouse. Lotta pages.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#214369 Feb 23, 2014
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Why would we care about their particular theology? From our perspective, they're all the same because they function the same way. They promote the church in their conversation, with their tithing, by voting according to what they have been told Jesus wants, and by otherwise supporting various Christian positions as with their objections to same sex marriage and abortion rights.
Why, indeed? Dead is dead-- regardless if the victim died because of islam, christianity or judaism.

The outcome of each of these is functionally indistinguishable from the others-- they each promote a "them or us" false dichotomy.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#214370 Feb 23, 2014
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
We have a duty to speak up about the church and on behalf of life without religion. The more we do, the more that other unbelievers will do the same, and the more that people who are simply conforming to group pressure will feel comfortable living without religion.
Our immediate goal has to be to disempower it politically and socially in order to get it out of the lives of unbelievers. That means getting it onto the tax rolls, getting its god off the currency and out of the pledge, and removing its influence from the legislatures and laws books, and from the school boards and classrooms.
The next goal should be to protect children from the church.
I agree entirely, here.

If we can get it away from strong influence, then the rest will follow naturally.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#214371 Feb 23, 2014
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
How's that worked out before in history?
Perhaps you could give me a historic example?
Smile.
It has worked **extremely** well in the past.

Druids? They have faded.

Aztecs? Faded.

Egyptian gods? Faded.

Norse gods? Faded.

Greek gods? Faded.

Roman gods? Faded.

Chinese gods? Faded.

African gods? Faded.

South American gods? Faded.

North American Native gods? Faded.

In fact?

The **majority** of **all** gods **ever** invented?

... faded away.

Your god will too, one day.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#214372 Feb 23, 2014
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
A wise man once said, "If the blind lead the blind, they both will fall into the ditch."
You both should listen to Him.
Smile.
The irony of the above godbot, who **literally** follows an imaginary nonentity, saying the above?

Priceless.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#214373 Feb 23, 2014
Darwins Stepchild wrote:
The Catholic Church's Newark Archdiocese is so strapped for cash it has been forced to close one of its schools.
But!!! It's current archbishop is about to retire. The Archdiocese had already built him a 4500 sq.ft. home. Now, for his retirement, it is spending $500,000 to expand that by 3000 sq. ft.
Clearly the Catholic Church has its priorities in the right place.[/sarcasm]
That is disgusting.

So much for the austerity idea, that their holy men own nothing material.

Hypocrites, the whole lot.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#214374 Feb 23, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
RR doesn't suffer embarrassment.
Have you shoved your advice up your ass yet?
Of course you don't-- you have no shame, and your ego is massively bloated.

Classic Genuine Christhole™ syndrome.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 3 min candlesmell 95,364
News Scientific, Philosophical Case for God's Existe... 5 min superwilly 169
man 5 hr blacklagoon 3 1
The atheists mind Jun 15 Elganned 63
Why creation? Jun 14 Elganned 55
News Atheism and Wonder Jun 14 Eagle 12 - 50
A question for Christians... Jun 14 Eagle 12 - 115