Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent. Full Story

“I started out with nothing”

Since: Nov 10

and still got most of it left

#213367 Feb 20, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Kill God?
o.O
haha. Good luck.
God doesn't infect anyone with AIDS, people do that on their own accord using their God-given free will.
I will never contract AIDS through my own choices. It's nice knowing that.
As far as Hell goes, you've been duly warned. You know what to expect and you choose to do nothing about it. You'll send yourself there, God won't.
And who do you believe created AIDS?

Honey you canít just claim your god created the good bits and expect everyone you donít like to create the bad bits, that puts them on an equal creation footing to your god and I am sure you would not want that. For your god to have been responsible for creation then he must by definition have created AIDS, childhood leukaemia, cancer, malaria and so much more.

How do you know that you will never contract AIDS through your own choice. I know you are great at giving out Americanisms so please accept this bit of British wisdom in return Ė A standing prick has no conscience

Why do godbots always assume that threats of hell are going to effect anyone other then there own conscience?
OG Kush

Orlando, FL

#213368 Feb 20, 2014
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>You embrace the smell of ozone, the monotonous click tracts, the hard edges sounds of electronically generated sounds---I prefer the emotional connections between human performers and their listeners, the undulating time feel, the melodies never player the same way twice, the ever so slight intonation differences between instruments that bring life to the music.
The innovative musician is the one who cherishes what has been done, knows the history, respects the tradition, and then in his own way, finds the means to move the art form forward.
I don't have an 8 track, I consume my music, for the most part, live.
Yes, to each his own, good luck in your endeavors.
Thank you and I think you should listen to your electronic music professors a little more. You have much to learn. A good educator should not be close minded.

In popular music, a synth lead is generally used for playing the main melody of a song, but it is also often used for creating rhythmic or bass effects. Although most commonly heard in electronic dance music, synth leads have been used extensively in hip-hop since the 1980s and rock songs since the 1970s.

Most modern music relies heavily on the synth lead to provide a musical hook to sustain the listener's interest throughout an entire song.

A synth pad is a sustained chord or tone generated by a synthesizer, often employed for background harmony and atmosphere in much the same fashion that a string section is often used in acoustic music.

Typically, a synth pad plays many whole or half notes, sometimes holding the same note while a lead voice sings or plays an entire musical phrase.

Often, the sounds used for synth pads have a vaguely organ, string, or vocal timbre.

Much popular music in the 1980s employed synth pads, this being the time of polyphonic synthesizers, as did the then-new styles of smooth jazz and New Age music.

German band 'tangerine dream' scored the movie thief with James Caan all electronic 40+ yrs ago!
You remain a fossil!

Wake up and listen to the future professor

http://m.youtube.com/watch...

#213369 Feb 20, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Nice. Thank you!
I'm flattered.
I am go glad

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#213370 Feb 20, 2014
Divinity Surgeon wrote:
<quoted text>
I made my point, you blathering doesn't affect reality.
What point? You wrote something to the effect Christian nations have the highest cases of AIDS. Is that true and are you saying Christianity causes AIDS? Perhaps they do not kill them off or underreport? You made no point. Other than an underhanded insinuation. That means cheap shot.

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

#213371 Feb 20, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Kill God?
o.O
haha. Good luck.
God doesn't infect anyone with AIDS, people do that on their own accord using their God-given free will.
I will never contract AIDS through my own choices. It's nice knowing that.
As far as Hell goes, you've been duly warned. You know what to expect and you choose to do nothing about it. You'll send yourself there, God won't.
I got Hep C from a transfusion in 1981.
I sure can blame God.

GFY!

“The who whating how...”

Since: Dec 12

"...with huh?"

#213372 Feb 20, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>And who do you believe created AIDS?

Honey you can’t just claim your god created the good bits and expect everyone you don’t like to create the bad bits, that puts them on an equal creation footing to your god and I am sure you would not want that. For your god to have been responsible for creation then he must by definition have created AIDS, childhood leukaemia, cancer, malaria and so much more.

How do you know that you will never contract AIDS through your own choice. I know you are great at giving out Americanisms so please accept this bit of British wisdom in return ¬Ė A standing prick has no conscience

Why do godbots always assume that threats of hell are going to effect anyone other then there own conscience?
Faulty programming.

“The who whating how...”

Since: Dec 12

"...with huh?"

#213373 Feb 20, 2014
lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text>What point? You wrote something to the effect Christian nations have the highest cases of AIDS. Is that true and are you saying Christianity causes AIDS? Perhaps they do not kill them off or underreport? You made no point. Other than an underhanded insinuation. That means cheap shot.
christian nations have the highest stats of AIDS patients

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#213374 Feb 20, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>

Siegfried and Roy?

Location hidden

#213375 Feb 20, 2014
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
You are a disgrace to the uniform.
That's what Coach Bill Curry told me.

Location hidden

#213376 Feb 20, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Nice. Thank you!
I'm flattered.
You're welcome, man.

Location hidden

#213377 Feb 20, 2014
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Few people can twist history as well as you. Hitler never read Darwin - he read Herbert Spencer. That's Social Darwinism, not Darwinism. Darwin was quite against the Social Darwinists. But we both know you're going to ignore that and push your attack on Darwin because of your strange religious bias against evolution.
I'm not surprised someone of your weak mental stature doesn't understand the difference, but the "Social" there is quite meaningful.
I understand the "social" component just fine, little chickie.

I also understand the "Darwinism" component. So did Hitler and the Nazis. They were steeped in it. Damned fanatics about it, you might say.

By the way, "Darwinism" and "evolution" are not the same thing. I'm a huge supporter of evolution. Darwinism? Not so much.

Keep showing up, and I will continue to tutor you.

#213378 Feb 20, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
Siegfried and Roy?
Ahh another buck stupidity.

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

#213379 Feb 20, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
I also understand the "Darwinism" component.....
Sadly you have already proved you don't even know what Darwinism is.

Location hidden

#213380 Feb 20, 2014
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
Sadly you have already proved you don't even know what Darwinism is.
Sadly?

That makes you sad? Really?

Pardon me if I think you are talking through your ass again, BenAssFucked.

Location hidden

#213381 Feb 20, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Ahh another buck stupidity.
Everyone's a critic.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#213382 Feb 20, 2014
Divinity Surgeon wrote:
*Data
*Picard

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#213383 Feb 20, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
Honey you canít just claim your god created the good bits and expect everyone you donít like to create the bad bits, that puts them on an equal creation footing to your god and I am sure you would not want that. For your god to have been responsible for creation then he must by definition have created AIDS, childhood leukaemia, cancer, malaria and so much more.
How do you know that you will never contract AIDS through your own choice. I know you are great at giving out Americanisms so please accept this bit of British wisdom in return Ė A standing prick has no conscience
Why bother asking a question if you're just rant on and on like you already know the answer?

I believe that God created AIDS.

God doesn't transmit it, people do.

Stupid, immoral people.

Now, revise your post.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#213384 Feb 20, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
I am go glad
I thought you'd be so glad.

But that's just me...

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#213385 Feb 20, 2014
BenAdam wrote:
I got Hep C from a transfusion in 1981.
I sure can blame God.
GFY!
Nope.

You can blame the sexually immoral for knowingly spreading the virus.

Then you can blame the medical industry that messed up.

God did neither of those.

So you can't blame the God you claim not to believe exists...

Location hidden

#213386 Feb 20, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope.
You can blame the sexually immoral for knowingly spreading the virus.
Then you can blame the medical industry that messed up.
God did neither of those.
So you can't blame the God you claim not to believe exists...
We should check with New Atheist guru, Sam Harris.

He might suggest murdering all HIV-positive people. He suggested murdering religious people for their thoughts, before any actions. The threat of an HIV carrier should be at least as dangerous.

What about it Sam? Thumbs up or down?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) 1 hr MUQ1 23,180
Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... 1 hr woodtick57 2,273
A New Kinder, Gentler Atheism 2 hr _Bad Company 120
Islam is the Enemy (Sep '12) 6 hr Thinking 28
God' existence 6 hr Thinking 57
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) 7 hr thetruth 1,442
Atheism does not exist at all 7 hr thetruth 4
More from around the web