Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 247766 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#213406 Feb 20, 2014
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:

Yep.
In less than a minute of GOOGLE, I found dozens of studies refuting his lie.
Marriage is a religious act.

Why would any atheist get married?

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#213407 Feb 20, 2014

Indeed.
Might **does**not** make right.
What does make right?

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#213408 Feb 20, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
Those people die, too, Blob.
I do not talk to wife beaters or pedophiles -- and you are both-- you've admitted as much.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#213409 Feb 20, 2014
Your god is 100% fiction.
So it's the **idea** of your god we are "killing".
And?
It's working-- already your kind cannot burn witches nor impale heretics.
Soon, your god will be as dead as ..
..... Thor.
My "kind" never burned witches. My "kind" knows that witchcraft is bullshit and doesn't exist. My "kind" loves their neighbor, wannabe witch or not.

How is it that your kind is killing a nonexistent god?

That's a feat in and of itself.....

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#213410 Feb 20, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Marriage is a religious act.
Why would any atheist get married?
I do not talk to wife beaters or pedophiles -- and you are both-- you've admitted as much.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#213411 Feb 20, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
What does make right?

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#213412 Feb 20, 2014
<quoted text>
If robots can one day have emotions, will they be capable of love?
And if so, will it matter to them the "gender" of whom they fall in love with?
... that video made me think of these questions....
Are you going to make a square shaft fit a round sleeve?

Let me know how that turns out.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#213413 Feb 20, 2014
I've never beaten a woman and I've never had sexual desires for kids.

G'head troll. Keep trolling.

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#213414 Feb 20, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
My "kind" never burned witches. My "kind" knows that witchcraft is bullshit and doesn't exist. My "kind" loves their neighbor, wannabe witch or not.
How is it that your kind is killing a nonexistent god?
That's a feat in and of itself.....
Christians burned about a bathtub full of witches.

Atheist mass murderers top that on their coffee break.

The causal link between mass murder and atheism is about 180,000 times higher than that of Christianity.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#213415 Feb 20, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you going to make a square shaft fit a round sleeve?
Let me know how that turns out.
It might not be a good idea to talk about rods and shafts to the Topix Atheists.

They might take it wrong and think you're flirting.

“I started out with nothing”

Since: Nov 10

and still got most of it left

#213416 Feb 20, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Why bother asking a question if you're just rant on and on like you already know the answer?
I believe that God created AIDS.
God doesn't transmit it, people do.
Stupid, immoral people.
Now, revise your post.
You do? And sexuality and lust? Wow what a great god you worship, not content with genocide and child murder he goes and invents killer diseases and the ability to transmit them too.

How about childhood leukaemia and the various cancers where the stupid immoral people who contract them have no fooking say in the matter? Are they your gods inventions too?

It is really no wonder that you are such a nasty a$$hole.

Why should I revise my post? Because you dictate it? Nope, life does not work like that.

And you have not answered my second or third questions

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#213417 Feb 20, 2014
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Few people can twist history as well as you. Hitler never read Darwin - he read Herbert Spencer. That's Social Darwinism, not Darwinism. Darwin was quite against the Social Darwinists. But we both know you're going to ignore that and push your attack on Darwin because of your strange religious bias against evolution.
I'm not surprised someone of your weak mental stature doesn't understand the difference, but the "Social" there is quite meaningful.
Hi, Hiding!

*waves*

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#213418 Feb 20, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
Christians burned about a bathtub full of witches.
Atheist mass murderers top that on their coffee break.
The causal link between mass murder and atheism is about 180,000 times higher than that of Christianity.
I know.

But I don't play this Topix Atheist! game of "well some Christians did it for a time so all Christians are to blame for it!"

That's bullshit.

Accusing me of burning witches is as asinine as accusing me of owning slaves or landing on the moon. Just because *some* white folks did it doesn't mean you denigrate the entire race.

And just because *some* Christians did it doesn't mean you denigrate the entire religion.

*My* kind is not the same as *their* kind.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#213419 Feb 20, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
You do? And sexuality and lust? Wow what a great god you worship, not content with genocide and child murder he goes and invents killer diseases and the ability to transmit them too.
How about childhood leukaemia and the various cancers where the stupid immoral people who contract them have no fooking say in the matter? Are they your gods inventions too?
It is really no wonder that you are such a nasty a$$hole.
Why should I revise my post? Because you dictate it? Nope, life does not work like that.
And you have not answered my second or third questions
Wow, you're easily swayed.

Some random dude on a free thread says that God created AIDS and <<<poof>>> you believe it and run with it.

Is that how the rational freethinker works?

Leukemia and cancer are creations of man. We've done it to ourselves by not stating pure, eating pure and acting pure.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#213421 Feb 20, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
And who do you believe created AIDS?
Honey you can’t just claim your god created the good bits and expect everyone you don’t like to create the bad bits, that puts them on an equal creation footing to your god and I am sure you would not want that. For your god to have been responsible for creation then he must by definition have created AIDS, childhood leukaemia, cancer, malaria and so much more.
How do you know that you will never contract AIDS through your own choice. I know you are great at giving out Americanisms so please accept this bit of British wisdom in return – A standing prick has no conscience
Why do godbots always assume that threats of hell are going to effect anyone other then there own conscience?
There's a Latin source for that bon mot. "Penis erectus non conscientiam habet".

“Don't try to goad me...”

Since: Nov 07

... I'm a goadless heathen.

#213422 Feb 20, 2014
OG Kush wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you and I think you should listen to your electronic music professors a little more. You have much to learn. A good educator should not be close minded.
In popular music, a synth lead is generally used for playing the main melody of a song, but it is also often used for creating rhythmic or bass effects. Although most commonly heard in electronic dance music, synth leads have been used extensively in hip-hop since the 1980s and rock songs since the 1970s.
Most modern music relies heavily on the synth lead to provide a musical hook to sustain the listener's interest throughout an entire song.
A synth pad is a sustained chord or tone generated by a synthesizer, often employed for background harmony and atmosphere in much the same fashion that a string section is often used in acoustic music.
Typically, a synth pad plays many whole or half notes, sometimes holding the same note while a lead voice sings or plays an entire musical phrase.
Often, the sounds used for synth pads have a vaguely organ, string, or vocal timbre.
Much popular music in the 1980s employed synth pads, this being the time of polyphonic synthesizers, as did the then-new styles of smooth jazz and New Age music.
German band 'tangerine dream' scored the movie thief with James Caan all electronic 40+ yrs ago!
You remain a fossil!
Wake up and listen to the future professor
http://m.youtube.com/watch...
I guess it shouldn't be too surprising to find that one who vociferously defends sampling other musician's work to "create" his own would also shamelessly plagiarize Wikipedia without proper attribution.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Synthesizer#Typi...

The "fossil" knows and reveres the creation of music. You seem to be enamored by Ctrl-C / Ctrl-V.

“Turning coffee into theorems”

Trapped inside a Klein Bottle

#213423 Feb 20, 2014
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Few people can twist history as well as you. Hitler never read Darwin - he read Herbert Spencer. That's Social Darwinism, not Darwinism. Darwin was quite against the Social Darwinists. But we both know you're going to ignore that and push your attack on Darwin because of your strange religious bias against evolution.
I'm not surprised someone of your weak mental stature doesn't understand the difference, but the "Social" there is quite meaningful.
'Allo Hiding.

#213424 Feb 20, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope.
The sexually immoral transmit the disease to their unborn babies.
Why?
Because they're sexually immoral.
Combatting AIDS is very simple; don't f_ck everything you see and you won't get it.
But if AIDS is God's punishment, then it follows that God is punishing babies as well. And wives that are infected by their husbands. Or those infected by blood transfusions. Or dental workers. Or any of a number of other methods.

Your God seems to have terrible aim if his intent was to punish the sexually immoral. It seems to infect anyone and everyone it comes in contact with...just like any other infectious disease.

#213425 Feb 20, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Information being accurate is not dependent on who reads it.
It is either accurate or it is inaccurate.
The point IANS is making is that you don't care whether the information is accurate or not. You do no fact checking to confirm it. If the site says it is Christian, you accept it hook, line and sinker...no questions asked.

This is not how a skeptic takes in new information.

Christians are the most gullible people I know. If someone says "I'm a Christian" their word is automatically taken as fact.

#213426 Feb 20, 2014
lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text> No you did not. This is what you wrote.
----------
<quoted text> I wrote the source does not matter is the info is correct. You refuted which was probably knee jerk. Now you appear to introduce an alien concept to try and save face. Out of time.
See. Gullible.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News In America, atheists are still in the closet (Apr '12) 1 hr -Stray Dog 47,905
News Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... (Oct '14) 1 hr Eagle 12 12,913
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) 5 hr thetruth 2,358
News As an atheist, how do I maintain my relationshi... 5 hr Thinking 60
News Atheism, the Bible and sexual orientation 5 hr Thinking 30
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) Wed macumazahn 20,900
Proof of God for the Atheist Wed Amused 130
More from around the web