Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 255511 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

“I started out with nothing”

Since: Nov 10

and still got most of it left

#213378 Feb 20, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
Siegfried and Roy?
Ahh another buck stupidity.

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#213379 Feb 20, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
I also understand the "Darwinism" component.....
Sadly you have already proved you don't even know what Darwinism is.

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#213380 Feb 20, 2014
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
Sadly you have already proved you don't even know what Darwinism is.
Sadly?

That makes you sad? Really?

Pardon me if I think you are talking through your ass again, BenAssFucked.

Location hidden

#213381 Feb 20, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Ahh another buck stupidity.
Everyone's a critic.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#213382 Feb 20, 2014
Divinity Surgeon wrote:
*Data
*Picard

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#213383 Feb 20, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
And who do you believe created AIDS?
Honey you can’t just claim your god created the good bits and expect everyone you don’t like to create the bad bits, that puts them on an equal creation footing to your god and I am sure you would not want that. For your god to have been responsible for creation then he must by definition have created AIDS, childhood leukaemia, cancer, malaria and so much more.
How do you know that you will never contract AIDS through your own choice. I know you are great at giving out Americanisms so please accept this bit of British wisdom in return – A standing prick has no conscience
Why do godbots always assume that threats of hell are going to effect anyone other then there own conscience?
Why bother asking a question if you're just rant on and on like you already know the answer?

I believe that God created AIDS.

God doesn't transmit it, people do.

Stupid, immoral people.

Now, revise your post.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#213384 Feb 20, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
I am go glad
I thought you'd be so glad.

But that's just me...

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#213385 Feb 20, 2014
BenAdam wrote:
I got Hep C from a transfusion in 1981.
I sure can blame God.
GFY!
Nope.

You can blame the sexually immoral for knowingly spreading the virus.

Then you can blame the medical industry that messed up.

God did neither of those.

So you can't blame the God you claim not to believe exists...

Location hidden

#213386 Feb 20, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope.
You can blame the sexually immoral for knowingly spreading the virus.
Then you can blame the medical industry that messed up.
God did neither of those.
So you can't blame the God you claim not to believe exists...
We should check with New Atheist guru, Sam Harris.

He might suggest murdering all HIV-positive people. He suggested murdering religious people for their thoughts, before any actions. The threat of an HIV carrier should be at least as dangerous.

What about it Sam? Thumbs up or down?

“Leave That Thing Alone!”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

#213387 Feb 20, 2014
lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text> So you are effectually saying it is fine to dismiss accurate information because of the source. In other words the source does matter even if the information is correct. We have noticed it is your stock and trade to dismiss anything you do not agree with as ''faith based'' even though we have responded to this irrational tactic of yours, yet you continue to spam this response. What you are revealing here is your prejudice in that you make certain fixed assumptions about ''Christian apologetics'' sites as unconvincing. Truth or falsehood takes a back seat to being convinced. In other words the point can be both true and unconvincing to you and would be dismissed not because of the former but because of the latter which means you hold truth in low regard.
A witness in a court proceeding is caught lying while giving testimony. Should/would you give his remaining testimony still given the same level of 'trust' he may have had prior to getting caught lying?... or would you shade everything else he had to say based on the fact the he is known to lie?

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#213388 Feb 20, 2014
Divinity Surgeon wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah it's sad, it's also very useful, if they're not going to wake up, the least they can do is provide marvellous examples.
LOL!

Yes... it *is* most amusing to watch them squirm.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#213389 Feb 20, 2014
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. do you know if SIX likes scarves ??..
Who doesn't like scarves?

:D

It all depends on who's wearing them, and how, right?

<laffin>

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#213390 Feb 20, 2014
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
Faith is the disease that hides the cure from its victims.
Without a doubt, without any doubts at all.

It is disturbing, how many people **die** because they have faith in bullshyt, instead of putting their trust in actual reality.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#213391 Feb 20, 2014
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
*<Ar aR> "... UM..uhhh ... Sometimes Christians feel like a snake, sometimes they don't?...... PRAISE GOD ALMIGHTY AND JESUS TOO! IT CAN BE ANYTHING WE WANT IT TO BE....! "
Message to Ar aR: From now on, I will be typing your name as such: Ar aR
You are welcome to emulate me in this respect as well. BTW, I'm flattered in advance. You're almost like my 6th younger sibling. Okay, but they have the ability to utilize logic and reason and quit the emulation thing around ten(10) years old. So you'd be like an infant 6th sibling.
LOL!

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#213392 Feb 20, 2014
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>Yep.
That's Ar aR.
Do I detect a pirate's voice, here?

Praise the Pasta, I think I do!

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#213393 Feb 20, 2014
Rosa_Winkel wrote:
<quoted text>
How very true.
Indeed.

The problem with a faith-based outlook?

Is that the faithist can *literally* believe in magical comets, or flying carpets, or even more ludicrous shyt, such as water-walking or infinite torture*.

I much prefer a *reality* based outlook-- the Universe is quite grand enough for me anyway.

* infinite torture? Wait.. what? Isn't that a contradiction? The whole *point* of torture, is that it will stop, or that it may stop. Infinite torture simply becomes routine... and no longer torture.

these people seriously *are* idiots.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#213394 Feb 20, 2014
Rosa_Winkel wrote:
<quoted text>
That reminds me of the book April Fools' Day, about a haemophiliac boy who caught HIV from a transfusion back in the 80s, when it was a death sentence.

Obviously it was medically acquired AIDS - and he was straight. That didn't stop him from being called names, even by some hospital staff. Not to mention being preached at by visiting fundies. A very sad book.
Was the boy's name Ryan? I think I saw a film about him.

Yes, the way he was abused by True Believers™ and Genuine Christians™ was nothing short of monstrous.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#213395 Feb 20, 2014
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>You embrace the smell of ozone, the monotonous click tracts, the hard edges sounds of electronically generated sounds---I prefer the emotional connections between human performers and their listeners, the undulating time feel, the melodies never player the same way twice, the ever so slight intonation differences between instruments that bring life to the music.
The innovative musician is the one who cherishes what has been done, knows the history, respects the tradition, and then in his own way, finds the means to move the art form forward.
I don't have an 8 track, I consume my music, for the most part, live.
Yes, to each his own, good luck in your endeavors.
There *is* a certain breathlessness, a certain vive about **live** music, I agree.

It has a kind of energy, a kind of living connection between the crowd, and the music-makers, that is .... almost magic. <heh> <ironic, yes? Laffin>

Even recorded live music has a kind of quality that you simply cannot get in the studio.

I first noticed this, when comparing The Rolling Stones live records with their stuidio songs of the same titles. The live records had more energy, more .. something-hard-to-define.

So yeah, I have to agree with your sentiment, here.

Alas, life gets in my way, so I mostly listen to MP3 stuff these days.

Oh well...

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#213396 Feb 20, 2014
Divinity Surgeon wrote:
<quoted text>
I thought of the emphasis on Ar a R as being "atheist code" for Always a Retard.
I like your hypothesis also.
Hi, scar :D
Well... he *is* true to that meme, yes?

<laffin>

Location hidden

#213397 Feb 20, 2014
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
Without a doubt, without any doubts at all.
It is disturbing, how many people **die** because they have faith in bullshyt, instead of putting their trust in actual reality.
Those people die, too, Blob.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 38 min replaytime 34,938
The Dumbest Thing Posted by a Godbot (Jun '10) 2 hr Big girl 5,598
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) 3 hr superwilly 3,696
News Your atheism isn&#x27;t going to keep your... (Apr '14) 4 hr ATHEOI 197
News Why I quit atheism 4 hr ATHEOI 280
Majority of Scots now have no religion 5 hr Eagle 12 158
Religion is the cause of war and most suffering... 5 hr Reason Personified 148
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 5 hr scientia potentia... 14,928
More from around the web