Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 257121 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

Since: Sep 10

Fremont, CA

#213130 Feb 18, 2014
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>ANY man who hits a women for ANY reason, is not a man, he's a coward. I enjoy listening to you rationalize your reason for hitting a women, all the while knowing you're nothing but a cowardly thug. I'm convinced that if a real man wronged you as any women, might have done, you'd not only not hit them but tuck your tail between your cowardly legs and run.
Ok, now put on your buttcrack hat, and tell me about all the bar fights you've been in, and how many men twice your size you have beaten to a pulp. Any man that would strike a women is a coward incapable of facing a man in a fight.
Give the Redneck credit, he's really a brave guy.

One time, he smashed the front windshield of a car with a club.

The driver was in the car, totally unable to defend himself.

Watch how he tries to spin this one.
blacklagoon

Boston, MA

#213131 Feb 18, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
None of those people make music or are musical artists.
Just sayin.
Holy shit, we finally agree on something!!!!
blacklagoon

Boston, MA

#213132 Feb 18, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I seriously doubt that people like Snoop Dogg or Simon Cowell care much about the true artistry of music.
And again we agree, this is getting scary!!!!

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#213133 Feb 18, 2014
Darwins Stepchild wrote:
<quoted text>
I have no idea what you meant to say. That is because Newton's "Every action has an equal and opposite reaction" has no application to what you were writing about.
Sure you did and sure Newton's law does.

There is a direct connection between an action and a reaction. YOU even mocked what I meant when I misstated it.

For instance; Your hate and bigotry is making you obtuse...

Location hidden

#213134 Feb 18, 2014
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Hence the food kitchen my church helps operate every day, modeled in virtually every community with Churches vs the violence Islam perpetrated around the world today.
Oh, don't forget atheistic North Korea that starved the bulk of it's population today.
Idiot.
Smile.
<quoted text>
LOL, getting desperate aren't you?
People don't use condoms because of the Catholic Church (most Christians in Africa are not Catholic), they don't use condoms because they are atheists and don't care about abusing women or anus'.
However, your claim was violence, not sexual behavior, equating Christianity and Islam.
Waiting...
Name one atheist organization running a food kitchen in your community.
SNicker
<quoted text>
1. The population of Africa is over 1 billion. You listed 16% as Catholic.
2. I said in YOUR community. You came up with TWO in the whole country. I came up with 42 Churches in your community with a quick search.
SMile.
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>You made two false statements, one you denied that condom use is NOT forbidden by the Catholic Church, and the other, that Atheists don't use condoms. You're either a liar, or stupid, most likely both.
The catholic Church as of 2009 had 158 million members in Africa, thats approximately 158 million people NOT using condoms during sex, thereby spreading HIV. Therefore, the Catholic Church, to the tune of 158 million, is solely responsible for the spread of HIV in Africa. It is Therefor responsible for ALL of the misery and death caused by HIV.
I listed two of the communities I have lived in, there is one here in the community were I now live. I gave you two, but could list all of the Atheists and secular organizations that do charitable work. Better yet, get off your fas lazy ass, and google them for yourself.
First, it would be polite and moral to admit you misrepresented Catholics in Africa and tried to deceptively divert from my challenge about a benevolent atheistic organization in your community. Right?

Second, read what I wrote again. I made no such claim. I said most Africans don't use condoms because of Catholicism. Most CATHOLICS don't use condoms.

Third, I will guarantee that most atheists don't use condoms. But my point was, the immorality has to do with the rejection of God and the abuse of women. The opposite of what you claim.

Fourth, if there were an atheist benevolent organization in your community, why didn't you just say so???

Smirk.

Location hidden

#213135 Feb 18, 2014
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>The catholic Church as of 2009 had 158 million members in Africa, thats approximately 158 million people NOT using condoms during sex, thereby spreading HIV. Therefore, the Catholic Church, to the tune of 158 million, is solely responsible for the spread of HIV in Africa. It is Therefor responsible for ALL of the misery and death caused by HIV.
Are you talking about the gay pedophiles desecrating the Priesthood?
blacklagoon

Boston, MA

#213136 Feb 18, 2014
OG Kush wrote:
<quoted text>
The Dusenburg auto was once the standard of excellence. We move move forward not backwards. We have them improved upon the Dusenberg's excellence 1000 times we don't want to return to the Dusenberg anymore.
Lower my standards?
Ludicrous and laughable
My Standard accept and enjoy every advance that mankind achieves.
I don't live in the past
I visit museums to view the past
I spin a 45 occasionally to listen to the past
I paint with a new exciting magical instrument
The brushstrokes are endless
You're still dabbling in watercolors and finger paint unfortunately
Yes you do "paint" with a new magical instrument, one that strips all of humanity from the "painting' A series of numbers assigned sounds, these sounds are devoid of expression, the time frame they are played in are constant and unmoving, no room for individual expression as you would get with a rhythm section of humans, were the "time" is a SHARED, experience. It moves almost undetected, yet it moves, ebbs and flows, breaths, something robotic click tracts can never accomplish. No mater what you do, the music will always be cold and impersonal, like any other machine. It performs a function perfectly, flawless in its presentation, and that is the problem, humans are not perfect, there is always some flaws in a performance, slight intonation differences, time lags, missed phrasing, but thats what makes music human. Anxiously waiting to hear if the strings make that incredible 4 octave run in thirty second notes, will the horns waver on that long sustained hight note, will the trumpet nail that high note after the octave leap. With your electronically generated music, none of that is a concern, it will be flawless and automatic, thereby removing ALL of the human elements from the performance.

A cold hard calculating realm of electronic sounds,devoid of all human elements, this is your future, enjoy it. I'll be jamming with real humans, instantly creating melodies and harmonies, some will be wrong, some will work, other not, but its the experience thats important, something you have yet to learn, and it appears it's something you will never learn, I do kind of pity you. Good luck amateur!!

Location hidden

#213137 Feb 18, 2014
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
The Big Bang is a myth ("Let there be light" isn't in the first verse idiot)?
Life didn't begin genderless from the earth?
And once again... put up or shut up.
<quoted text>
I noted two significant prophesies that you clearly see today. I also noted three significant creation facts.
You assert that the Bible is 'completely' worthless fiction. I proved you wrong.
SMile.
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>A prophecy has to be something very specific, not a generalization, and cannot be explained in any other way, kind of like miracles, which like prophesies, don't exist.
If I order a rare steak, and a half hour later it comes out, did I just prove a prophecy. I predicted a rare steak would appear and it did.
There are NO significant prophesies that can be "clearly" seen today. Tell me what you think they are and I'll have no problem showing you how foolish they are.
And I am right, the bible is a complete worthless work of fiction, that would also include your God.
Smiling at the poor delusional child!!
I see you conceded the issue about Creation.

I think a whole culture that has maintained it's identity for over 3000 years and an world-wide Church are pretty clearly seen. LOL.

Smile.

Location hidden

#213138 Feb 18, 2014
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. the Restoration of the Ten Commands in Uganda is but one of the violent events involving Christianity at the turn of the 20th-Century. How about Christian mobs recently killing Muslims in Central African Republic or Syria? Need I mention 9-11 ??..
.. religion and violence are woven together in history’s tapestries. What makes you think that will ever change ??..
Well hello Lesbo!

Provoke a response, did I?

1. Here is the background of the Ten Commands;

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Movement_for_the...

2. The violence in Central Africa was self-defense after Islamic terrorists barbarically attacked Christians. When it crossed into vengeance, it clearly violated Christianity.

3. It was the Christians attacked in Syria. Also Egypt, Iraq and Iran to name a few more.

4. 9-11 was Muslims.

Violence is woven into mankind.
blacklagoon

Boston, MA

#213139 Feb 18, 2014
KiMare wrote:
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
The Big Bang is a myth ("Let there be light" isn't in the first verse idiot)?
Life didn't begin genderless from the earth?
And once again... put up or shut up.
<quoted text>
I noted two significant prophesies that you clearly see today. I also noted three significant creation facts.
You assert that the Bible is 'completely' worthless fiction. I proved you wrong.
SMile.
<quoted text>
I see you conceded the issue about Creation.
I think a whole culture that has maintained it's identity for over 3000 years and an world-wide Church are pretty clearly seen. LOL.
Smile.
I asked you to show me the prophesies that can be "clearly seen" today, so far nothng.

I would also enjoy seeing your three significant creation "facts." Understand that a FACT is something supported by evidence and not just because a ancient book says so.

So lets see your prophecies and your creation facts, I can't wait to see these.

Location hidden

#213140 Feb 18, 2014
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL, very clever until you look at the second link that comes up;
http://withalliamgod.wordpress.com/2011/01/21 ...
Bazinga!
<quoted text>
You respond to an exposed lie with a diversion?
You need to apologize.
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
What you supplied was a refutation based upon an unclaimed exact copy of your religious mythology. It was a straw man argument/refutation.
No one claims Christianity is an - exact copy - of a previously existing mythology.
Concepts and elements within the other mythologies are pointed out, and it's noted that the Christian mythology shares similarities or common themes with an older mythology - which is a trademark of mythologies, they borrow from older mythologies - that existed before Christianity.
That's a disingenuous Christian tactic in responding to those observations that Christianity shares similarities with preexisting mythic beliefs.
Christians alter the observations made by scholars that point out those common elements, trying to change those observations to a claim of Christianity being an exact copy of other mythologies.
That isn't the case.
You still divert the issue?

The claim was made that the god modeled the virgin birth. The next site exposed that and other issues as a deliberate misrepresentation. Something you are perpetrating too.

Man up honey!
OG Kush

Orange Park, FL

#213141 Feb 18, 2014
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>Yes you do "paint" with a new magical instrument, one that strips all of humanity from the "painting' A series of numbers assigned sounds, these sounds are devoid of expression, the time frame they are played in are constant and unmoving, no room for individual expression as you would get with a rhythm section of humans, were the "time" is a SHARED, experience. It moves almost undetected, yet it moves, ebbs and flows, breaths, something robotic click tracts can never accomplish. No mater what you do, the music will always be cold and impersonal, like any other machine. It performs a function perfectly, flawless in its presentation, and that is the problem, humans are not perfect, there is always some flaws in a performance, slight intonation differences, time lags, missed phrasing, but thats what makes music human. Anxiously waiting to hear if the strings make that incredible 4 octave run in thirty second notes, will the horns waver on that long sustained hight note, will the trumpet nail that high note after the octave leap. With your electronically generated music, none of that is a concern, it will be flawless and automatic, thereby removing ALL of the human elements from the performance.
A cold hard calculating realm of electronic sounds,devoid of all human elements, this is your future, enjoy it. I'll be jamming with real humans, instantly creating melodies and harmonies, some will be wrong, some will work, other not, but its the experience thats important, something you have yet to learn, and it appears it's something you will never learn, I do kind of pity you. Good luck amateur!!
I do kind of pity your poor students.

It's appalling how willingly you shortchange them in the world of electronic music education.

I doubt you would reject medical advancements
Especially when the robotics replaced human parts.

Apparently you prefer to ignore these advances stick with the old take two aspirin call me in the morning attitude.

The imagined "purity "of the old way is better than the robotics.

Wow! Just wow

In a musical world of black tuxedoes you remain a pair of brown shoes.

I believe this is a trumpet song you might be familiar with especially if you know how to triple tongue, which I found the Tot tic Ka rather simple to master myself how about you?

http://m.youtube.com/watch...

Still I admire your musical enthusiasm.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#213142 Feb 18, 2014
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>And again we agree, this is getting scary!!!!
Ya, that's enough.

umm...

Noah's flood really happened.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#213143 Feb 18, 2014
Catcher1 wrote:
Give the Redneck credit, he's really a brave guy.
One time, he smashed the front windshield of a car with a club.
The driver was in the car, totally unable to defend himself.
Watch how he tries to spin this one.
Why do you assume he was "totally unable" to defend himself?

You think maybe he was immobilized by his seatbelt?

Or maybe he did what you would've done. Ran your big fat mouth because the car is moving, threaten to fight, run away like a coward then shit your pants when the SoCal traffic comes to a halt and you see the dude you were talking shit to coming at you.

Ya, that'd be you. Totally unable to defend yourself....

“Turning coffee into theorems”

Since: Dec 06

Trapped inside a Klein Bottle

#213144 Feb 18, 2014
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
There is a direct connection between an action and a reaction. YOU even mocked what I meant when I misstated it.
You don't know much about Newton's Law, do you. It is talking about forces in physics, that if A places a force on B, then B places an equal force on A. Nothing more.

As usual, you don't have a clue what you are talking about.

No hate. No bigotry. No mocking. Correcting a misconception is not mocking. Disagreement is not hatred nor bigotry.

And you are one serious hypocrite, with all your SMiles and SMirks to talk about hatred in others.

As usual, projection.

“Turning coffee into theorems”

Trapped inside a Klein Bottle

#213145 Feb 18, 2014
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
BTW...you never did address the points I made about your failed attempt at equating "let there be light" to the Big Bang.

Guess you couldn't.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#213146 Feb 18, 2014
OG Kush wrote:
<quoted text>
Although your opinion is shared by many yes they are considered musical artists they win Grammys and are currently outselling everything.
Yes I deplore rap
But to each his own
The average age in this country is 36.8 that's your demographic.
Personally I prefer artists that a lot of people aren't even familiar with.
ilDivo
Pink Martini
Diana Krall
Manhattan transfer
Tower of power
Charlie Parker
The magnificent Renée Fleming
Many others of quality, I have to admit it's good to see a young man like Michael Buble perform quality material
You're right, I've never heard of any of those.

Here's Snoop Dogg live on Letterman. Listen to how shitty he sounds without all the computer fixing his production company does.

&sn s=em

You can tell pretty quick whether or not someone has talent by listening to them live. Snoop has no singing talent whatsoever.
OG Kush

Orange Park, FL

#213147 Feb 18, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Ya, that's enough.
umm...
Noah's flood really happened.
http://m.youtube.com/watch...

Sponsored by RCCL

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#213148 Feb 18, 2014
lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text> The latest lesbo story in my neck of the woods involves a married lesbo seeking a divorce, from her wife (?) What does a lesbo call her married partner? Anyways she is having all sorts of problems getting divorced so she can marry some man. It just goes on and on and we watch in awe.
Did you giver her pointers on how to divorce?

You Genuine Christians™, as a demographic, hold the **highest** rate of divorce per 1000 marriages than any other group on the planet.

The highest rate.

I find that particularly amusing.

Since: Dec 12

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#213149 Feb 18, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>You're right, I've never heard of any of those.

Here's Snoop Dogg live on Letterman. Listen to how shitty he sounds without all the computer fixing his production company does.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =QJCf98i167AXX&sns=em

You can tell pretty quick whether or not someone has talent by listening to them live. Snoop has no singing talent whatsoever.
I agree but Eminem is a god and country music sucks.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 1 min Thinking 20,199
News Why Kasich's atheist criticisms seem out of touch 1 hr ATHEOI 27
News Hitchens, Dawkins and Harris are old news - a t... 1 hr ATHEOI 189
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 1 hr ATHEOI 45,414
What is of greater value for humanity: Chrisita... 7 hr Bob of Quantum-Faith 417
News Who is an atheist? (May '10) 8 hr Bob of Quantum-Faith 9,499
Christianity isn't based on... (Feb '10) 8 hr Bob of Quantum-Faith 278
More from around the web