Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent. Full Story

“Turning coffee into theorems”

Since: Dec 06

Trapped inside a Klein Bottle

#212764 Feb 16, 2014
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Then why did you avoid addressing the examples I used?
Moreover, your claim is clearly ignorant bigotry and a lie.
You claim that "Let there be light" equates to the Big Bang. Then explain to me how "Let there be light" describes how there was no light until about 300,000 years after the Big Bang.

“Religion kills”

Since: Jun 13

Down Under

#212765 Feb 16, 2014
Darwins Stepchild wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly. lbr wants it to not be true, so in his mind it isn't. He is not grounded in reality but in wish fulfillment.
It reminds me of this:

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

#212766 Feb 16, 2014
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Hence the food kitchen my church helps operate every day, modeled in virtually every community with Churches vs the violence Islam perpetrated around the world today.
Oh, don't forget atheistic North Korea that starved the bulk of it's population today.
Idiot.
Smile.
they are two of the three abrahamic faiths, teaching from the same source, a philosophy of hate
blacklagoon

Hyde Park, MA

#212767 Feb 16, 2014
Darwins Stepchild wrote:
<quoted text>
Sounds like Buck.
Buck claims to have made straight As in calculus, yet can not even express the simplest of concepts from calculus. A blowhard, and a dishonest one.
People making claims for knowledge are usually upended by the simplest of questions, buttcrack and now Mr' expert in all things, both taken to the cleaners.

“Michin yeoja”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#212768 Feb 16, 2014
lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text>
So some minister did a kid wrong in Africa. Am sure articles like this feeds your bigotry. What is your point. The internet is full of this shit and everybody knows it and there is no way to fact check any of it. You have to be one of the sleaziest persons on Topix.
Scar is one of the coolest people on Topix.

The internet is full of this Bible shit and everybody knows it and there is no way to fact check any of it.

Hope that helps.

“The..”

Since: Dec 12

"..who whating how with huh?"

#212769 Feb 16, 2014
lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text>So some minister did a kid wrong in Africa. Am sure articles like this feeds your bigotry. What is your point. The internet is full of this shit and everybody knows it and there is no way to fact check any of it. You have to be one of the sleaziest persons on Topix.
Scar is one of the most intelligent and nicest posters on topix.

You are ignorant of world events and not at all worthy of the avatar you wear like a fake skin.

“The..”

#212770 Feb 16, 2014
Rosa_Winkel wrote:
<quoted text>Someone can't handle the truth, I see.
Has he ever been any other way? lol

“The..”

#212771 Feb 16, 2014
Darwins Stepchild wrote:
<quoted text>Monty Python were brilliant.
Absolutely positively. They still are, they're on YouTube.

“Michin yeoja”

Location hidden

#212773 Feb 16, 2014
lightbeamrider wrote:
Little Black Book- Queer in the 21st Century.
http://www.massresistance.org/docs/issues/bla...
SSM and Massachusetts
http://www.massresistance.org/docs/marriage/e...
Same sex marriage.

Same sex marriage.

Same sex marriage in Massachusetts.

In a 50-page, 4–3 ruling on November 18, 2003, the Massachusetts Supreme Judicial Court said it was asked to determine whether Massachusetts "may deny the protections, benefits and obligations conferred by civil marriage to two individuals of the same sex who wish to marry. We conclude that it may not. The Massachusetts Constitution affirms the dignity and equality of all individuals. It forbids the creation of second-class citizens."

Same sex marriage.

Ohfuck. What shall the Christians do now? Prey on children?

I'm just guessing.

#212774 Feb 16, 2014
Divinity Surgeon wrote:
<quoted text>
Absolutely positively. They still are, they're on YouTube.
I say "were" in that the group is no longer together, and Graham Chapman is no longer with us.

#212775 Feb 16, 2014
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
Same sex marriage.
Same sex marriage.
Same sex marriage in Massachusetts.
In a 50-page, 4–3 ruling on November 18, 2003, the Massachusetts Supreme Judicial Court said it was asked to determine whether Massachusetts "may deny the protections, benefits and obligations conferred by civil marriage to two individuals of the same sex who wish to marry. We conclude that it may not. The Massachusetts Constitution affirms the dignity and equality of all individuals. It forbids the creation of second-class citizens."
Same sex marriage.
Ohfuck. What shall the Christians do now? Prey on children?
I'm just guessing.
They will whine about how oppressed they are because they aren't allowed to oppress others.

“The..”

#212776 Feb 16, 2014
Darwins Stepchild wrote:
<quoted text>I say "were" in that the group is no longer together, and Graham Chapman is no longer with us.
Can I pretend I don't know that?

No, of course not! I'm not religious!

Never mind.

Since: Sep 10

UK

#212777 Feb 16, 2014
lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text>
So some minister did a kid wrong in Africa. Am sure articles like this feeds your bigotry. What is your point. The internet is full of this shit and everybody knows it and there is no way to fact check any of it. You have to be one of the sleaziest persons on Topix.
Another fine example of a loving Christian.

Fact-checked by Pastor Catcher.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#212778 Feb 16, 2014
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Oh, and I note, with considerable hilarity, that Wiki cites Clearwater as "an active center for Scientologists".
That's a direct quote.
LOL!

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#212779 Feb 16, 2014
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Works for me.
I can observe that the garden is beautiful without requiring that there be fairies at the bottom.
Indeed. The addition of fairies kinda ruins the experience anyway.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#212780 Feb 16, 2014
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
You claimed Christianity was as violent as Islam. I asked for a present day example that equated them. You still are running like a sissy from validating your claim.
You in essence repeated that claim in your idiotic list; "Both abuse non-believers, and call out for the death of non-believers."
So now I add an additional challenge; Equate in current behavior Islam's violence toward infidels, and Christianity's toward unbelievers.
Put up or shut up.
PS The very first chapter of the Bible equates male and female as being in the image of God. Hardly inferior or 'property'. The rest of your list is similarly ignorant bigotry.
SMile.
Okay.

The rate of suicide among gays in areas where Genuine Christianity™ is strong, is markedly higher. This is likely due to the modern day abuse of gays at the hands of you bigoted hate-mongers.

There are, even now, cases where you Genuine Christians™ have bombed abortion clinics.

There's the current examples in several states, where Genuine Christian™ bigotry is continuing to get very bigoted and oppressive laws passed, banning women's right to control their own bodies, and keeping equal marriage rights from passing.

These are examples of modern day **abuse** by you Genuine Christian Bigots™.

More:

The tax base of any city in the US, is not as high as it should be, because a large part of the cityscape is taken up by the organized leech known as religion.

These leeches enjoy the **benefits** of taxes (police & fire protection, roads, electricity, etc) while bleeding the city's budgets with their free ride.

This is another example of **abuse** by you Genuine Christian Bloodsuckers™.

There are schools throughout the US, most notably in the south, where modern science is not allowed to be taught, instead bullshyt lies (religion/creationism) is forced onto the unsuspecting children by you religious morons.

This is another example of **abuse** by you Genuine Christian Ignoramuses™.

Shall I go on?

“Michin yeoja”

Location hidden

#212781 Feb 16, 2014
Darwins Stepchild wrote:
<quoted text>
They will whine about how oppressed they are because they aren't allowed to oppress others.
Can I give all the persecution points to Clearwater?

I fear for his sanity.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#212782 Feb 16, 2014
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
You claimed Christianity was as violent as Islam. I asked for a present day example that equated them. You still are running like a sissy from validating your claim.
You in essence repeated that claim in your idiotic list; "Both abuse non-believers, and call out for the death of non-believers."
So now I add an additional challenge; Equate in current behavior Islam's violence toward infidels, and Christianity's toward unbelievers.
Put up or shut up.
PS The very first chapter of the Bible equates male and female as being in the image of God. Hardly inferior or 'property'. The rest of your list is similarly ignorant bigotry.
SMile.
Finally?

Modern christian violence? This still exists in many places in the world.

A simple GOOGLE gives millions of results, here's a smattering.

" http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christian_terror... ;

" http://www.alternet.org/tea-party-and-right/1... ;

" http://www.religioustolerance.org/tomek34d.ht... ;

" http://infidels.org/library/modern/kyle_gerki... ;

" http://exposingreligionblog.tumblr.com/post/7... ;

" http://www.religiontoday.com/news/2007-most-v... ;

" http://www.truthbeknown.com/victims.htm" ;

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#212783 Feb 16, 2014
KiMare wrote:
This is the **best** you can do? A flat lie?

The very first chapter of Genesis **clearly** puts the woman as inferior to the man-- the fact that the man was created first, and the fact that the woman was created **from** the man, to be his slave, his baby-factory, is quite clear in Genesis' description.

As for the rest? You just ignored them, so I'll repeat the list.

They [christianity and islam] are functionally identical.
Both practice systematic child abuse.
Both teach that woman are both property and inferior.
Both abuse non-believers, and call out for the death of non-believers.
Both abuse people who are gay, transgender or transexual.
Both abuse systematically abuse women.
Both teach that the only way to behave, is to give up being human, and become a mind-slave to an invisible, imaginary slave-master.
Both teach that being stupid and ignorant is better than being educated and smart.
Both are leeches on any culture/society that tolerates their existence.
I see little to separate the two-- both are systematic engines of human suffering and abuse.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#212784 Feb 16, 2014
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
You confuse the Republicans who protect big business with the Tea Party who promotes small government and balanced budgets.
Bullshyt.

The TeaBagger is a 100% fiction created by the Koch brothers.

And you are too stupid to recognize this fact.

Idiot.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Our world came from nothing? 1 hr Andre 683
Another week, another atheist demands we call h... 1 hr Patrick 5
The Ultimate Evidence of God (Mar '14) 3 hr Patrick 140
Atheists forgetting the meaning of freedom 4 hr Patrick 150
Is Religion Childish? 7 hr Patrick 3
Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) 8 hr _Bad Company 22,919
The Dumbest Thing Posted by a Godbot (Jun '10) 9 hr Richardfs 5,584

Atheism People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE