Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 243435 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#212779 Feb 16, 2014
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Works for me.
I can observe that the garden is beautiful without requiring that there be fairies at the bottom.
Indeed. The addition of fairies kinda ruins the experience anyway.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#212780 Feb 16, 2014
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
You claimed Christianity was as violent as Islam. I asked for a present day example that equated them. You still are running like a sissy from validating your claim.
You in essence repeated that claim in your idiotic list; "Both abuse non-believers, and call out for the death of non-believers."
So now I add an additional challenge; Equate in current behavior Islam's violence toward infidels, and Christianity's toward unbelievers.
Put up or shut up.
PS The very first chapter of the Bible equates male and female as being in the image of God. Hardly inferior or 'property'. The rest of your list is similarly ignorant bigotry.
SMile.
Okay.

The rate of suicide among gays in areas where Genuine Christianity™ is strong, is markedly higher. This is likely due to the modern day abuse of gays at the hands of you bigoted hate-mongers.

There are, even now, cases where you Genuine Christians™ have bombed abortion clinics.

There's the current examples in several states, where Genuine Christian™ bigotry is continuing to get very bigoted and oppressive laws passed, banning women's right to control their own bodies, and keeping equal marriage rights from passing.

These are examples of modern day **abuse** by you Genuine Christian Bigots™.

More:

The tax base of any city in the US, is not as high as it should be, because a large part of the cityscape is taken up by the organized leech known as religion.

These leeches enjoy the **benefits** of taxes (police & fire protection, roads, electricity, etc) while bleeding the city's budgets with their free ride.

This is another example of **abuse** by you Genuine Christian Bloodsuckers™.

There are schools throughout the US, most notably in the south, where modern science is not allowed to be taught, instead bullshyt lies (religion/creationism) is forced onto the unsuspecting children by you religious morons.

This is another example of **abuse** by you Genuine Christian Ignoramuses™.

Shall I go on?

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#212781 Feb 16, 2014
Darwins Stepchild wrote:
<quoted text>
They will whine about how oppressed they are because they aren't allowed to oppress others.
Can I give all the persecution points to Clearwater?

I fear for his sanity.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#212782 Feb 16, 2014
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
You claimed Christianity was as violent as Islam. I asked for a present day example that equated them. You still are running like a sissy from validating your claim.
You in essence repeated that claim in your idiotic list; "Both abuse non-believers, and call out for the death of non-believers."
So now I add an additional challenge; Equate in current behavior Islam's violence toward infidels, and Christianity's toward unbelievers.
Put up or shut up.
PS The very first chapter of the Bible equates male and female as being in the image of God. Hardly inferior or 'property'. The rest of your list is similarly ignorant bigotry.
SMile.
Finally?

Modern christian violence? This still exists in many places in the world.

A simple GOOGLE gives millions of results, here's a smattering.

" http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christian_terror... ;

" http://www.alternet.org/tea-party-and-right/1... ;

" http://www.religioustolerance.org/tomek34d.ht... ;

" http://infidels.org/library/modern/kyle_gerki... ;

" http://exposingreligionblog.tumblr.com/post/7... ;

" http://www.religiontoday.com/news/2007-most-v... ;

" http://www.truthbeknown.com/victims.htm" ;

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#212783 Feb 16, 2014
KiMare wrote:
This is the **best** you can do? A flat lie?

The very first chapter of Genesis **clearly** puts the woman as inferior to the man-- the fact that the man was created first, and the fact that the woman was created **from** the man, to be his slave, his baby-factory, is quite clear in Genesis' description.

As for the rest? You just ignored them, so I'll repeat the list.

They [christianity and islam] are functionally identical.
Both practice systematic child abuse.
Both teach that woman are both property and inferior.
Both abuse non-believers, and call out for the death of non-believers.
Both abuse people who are gay, transgender or transexual.
Both abuse systematically abuse women.
Both teach that the only way to behave, is to give up being human, and become a mind-slave to an invisible, imaginary slave-master.
Both teach that being stupid and ignorant is better than being educated and smart.
Both are leeches on any culture/society that tolerates their existence.
I see little to separate the two-- both are systematic engines of human suffering and abuse.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#212784 Feb 16, 2014
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
You confuse the Republicans who protect big business with the Tea Party who promotes small government and balanced budgets.
Bullshyt.

The TeaBagger is a 100% fiction created by the Koch brothers.

And you are too stupid to recognize this fact.

Idiot.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#212785 Feb 16, 2014
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Hence the food kitchen my church helps operate every day, modeled in virtually every community with Churches vs the violence Islam perpetrated around the world today.
Oh, don't forget atheistic North Korea that starved the bulk of it's population today.
Idiot.
Smile.
You lie.

I do not believe for 1 moldy second your ugly leech-church runs a food kitchen.

As for North Korea? That is one of yours: a religious nut-job country.

All the leaders of the world who are nut-jobs are guilty of some form of religion.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#212786 Feb 16, 2014
blacklagoon wrote:
More comedy and idiocy brought to you by religion:
Pentecostal Pastor Jamie Coots has died from a bite by a poisonous snake he was handling. He belonged to a "cult" that believed God would protect him for the bite of a deadly snake. I guess God was asleep at the switch, or..........could it all just be so much religious bullshit, yeah, I think that has to be it. A kind and loving God, so full of compassion would never let such a thing happen, right?
I don't even find this sad, rather just another example of how religious belief poison everything. Here this person could have had a productive happy life, but because of insane religious beliefs he is now dead.
Yep.

But I kind of admire this moron-- at least he believed in his bull enough to die for it.

More than you can say for the likes of KM and the rest of the Topix godbots.

They have little *real* faith-- proof?

They purchase insurance. They go to **modern** doctors. They use **modern** scientific medicine.

In short?

They are 100% hypocrites.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#212787 Feb 16, 2014
lightbeamrider wrote:
Little Black Book- Queer in the 21st Century.
http://www.massresistance.org/docs/issues/bla...
SSM and Massachusetts
http://www.massresistance.org/docs/marriage/e...
Oh look!

Your **hate** is showing, hategodbot.

How very Jesus of you-- to show us how much hate you have for others.

Sad.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#212788 Feb 16, 2014
lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text>
So some minister did a kid wrong in Africa. Am sure articles like this feeds your bigotry. What is your point. The internet is full of this shit and everybody knows it and there is no way to fact check any of it. You have to be one of the sleaziest persons on Topix.
More hate from the hate-filled hategodbot.

What else is new.

“Turning coffee into theorems”

Trapped inside a Klein Bottle

#212789 Feb 16, 2014
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
Okay.
The rate of suicide among gays in areas where Genuine Christianity™ is strong, is markedly higher. This is likely due to the modern day abuse of gays at the hands of you bigoted hate-mongers.
Not just the abuse. I think a lot of it has to do with the guilt trip that Christians lay on gay people. You hear the words all the time, even on this thread. Abomination in the sight of God.

“Turning coffee into theorems”

Trapped inside a Klein Bottle

#212790 Feb 16, 2014
<quoted text>
Bullshyt.
The TeaBagger is a 100% fiction created by the Koch brothers.
And you are too stupid to recognize this fact.
Idiot.
I think this is a bit of hyperbole. The Teabagger movement started out as grassroots, but then the conservative bigshots like the Koch brothers hijacked it with some very clever propaganda. Today it is nothing but a bunch of rubes following the Koch brothers'(and others') lead. The Teabaggers have become convinced to vote against their own interests.

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#212791 Feb 17, 2014
Darwins Stepchild wrote:
<quoted text>
Not just the abuse. I think a lot of it has to do with the guilt trip that Christians lay on gay people. You hear the words all the time, even on this thread. Abomination in the sight of God.
Christians. First they get hit upside the head with the Establishment Clause and then they get hit with this:

All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the state wherein they reside. No state shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any state deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.

What shall the Christians do next? Prey on children?

I'm just guessing.

“What's left to defend?”

Since: Jan 11

Freedom

#212792 Feb 17, 2014
lightbeamrider wrote:
So some minister did a kid wrong in Africa.
Your concern really comes through, when you say it like that.
lightbeamrider wrote:
Am sure articles like this feeds your bigotry.
lightbeamrider wrote:
What is your point.
You'd make a great 911 operator.

Caller: "I need help! Someone is chasing me, and I think they're going to burn me to death!"

LBR: "What is your point?"
lightbeamrider wrote:
The internet is full of this shit and everybody knows it and there is no way to fact check any of it.
Were you thinking of the Bible?
lightbeamrider wrote:
You have to be one of the sleaziest persons on Topix.
Eagle had a similar reaction to River's story about intolerance at the church she was attending. Your concern is for the image of Christianity, not for any damage the religion is doing in the world. You erroneously see you and your fellow god botherers as the victims of undeserved criticism, that you call bigotry.

There are places in Africa that are particularly receptive to some of the worst aspects of Christian dogma, and there are plenty of American Evangelicals that are more than happy to infect them with it. They are supported by a significant portion of the Christian population here, who would like to do the same, here, but can't. Christianity is restrained here. That restraint is obviously necessary.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#212793 Feb 17, 2014
Henry wrote:
In the nuclear Age accidents like Fukushima can make you homeless.
Thanks for the heads up.

“What's left to defend?”

Since: Jan 11

Freedom

#212794 Feb 17, 2014
River Tam wrote:
Can I give all the persecution points to Clearwater?
I fear for his sanity.
There is nothing to be afraid of.

Fennario

#212795 Feb 17, 2014
your religion is **still** responsible for more atrocity than any other-- if you factor in the ratio of people per 1000 killed because of your sort of faith. The muslims have much catching up to do-- if they wish to surpass your religion's ugly record.
KiMare wrote:
You equated Islam and Christianity today. Either validate your claim or rescind it.
No, he didn't equate them. He compared them, and found Christianity to be ahead of Islam in the atrocity parade.

And he has no duty to validate any claim to a faith based thinker even after you have commanded him to do so. You make your choices based on faith, not valid arguments. You didn't come to your present position by any process of validation, and you can't be budged from it with evidence or reason, either. For someone who makes decisions the way you do - faith - it is enough to offer our conclusions, which you will accept or reject according to whether or not it supports your faith based preferences. Anything more would be a waste of time. Is that not correct?

Fennario

#212796 Feb 17, 2014
KiMare wrote:
You don't know my belief system.
You keep saying that like there is some missing information of any importance. What more do we need to know than that you are a faith based thinker that considers Christian scripture authoritative? What more on the subject of your belief system could possibly be of interest or value to the rest of us? Do you think we care whether you go to church, or which denomination? Do you think we care if you believe in baptism by sprinkling or immersion? Do you think we care whether you think the sabbath is Saturday or Sunday? No.

We also know more than enough about your character and disposition. Did you think you were a mystery? You're not. You answer in anger and rudely. What more does a person need to know to size you up?

Fennario

#212797 Feb 17, 2014
KiMare wrote:
Even if right behavior had no reward, it hardly legitimizes it.
What? Right behavior is its own reward, and is legitimate with or without your assent.
KiMare wrote:
But only an idiot would deny that every action does not have an equal and opposite reaction. Many times, reactions that are totally unanticipated. SMile.
That was meaningless, except as another illustration of your anger and bad manners.

Fennario

#212798 Feb 17, 2014
KiMare wrote:
I note that the Jewish culture exists today that is exactly what the Alien predicted.
The "Alien"? Ask your doctor if Abilify is right for you.
KiMare wrote:
I note that Jesus, when he was a nobody in a occupied country, predicted the existence of the Church, many of which bless the very community you live in.
That's low quality prophecy selected and included in the book that the people determined to make it happen cobbled together - assuming that they didn't make up the words and insert them during the cobbling process. That makes it a mundane prediction typical of any cult - not something unique - and either self-fulfilling or created after the fact.

Have you read Nostradamus? I bet you'd love it. He also generated a boatload of low quality prophesy.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... (Oct '14) 4 hr ChristineM 9,407
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 6 hr Brian_G 19,796
News Aliens and evolution (Jun '12) 11 hr thetruth 6,221
News Atheism must be about more than just not believ... Sat Amused 2
Should atheists have the burden of proof? Sat thetruth 38
News Founders created secular nation (Jul '10) Sat knight of Jesus 521
Disney Buys The Church Of Jesus Christ Of Latte... (Nov '12) Fri millertr1 5
More from around the web