Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 255513 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#212844 Feb 17, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
So having a vacation did not cure you of your propensity for cherry picking?
What?

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#212845 Feb 17, 2014
Catcher1 wrote:
Have you given up racism? Misogyny? Homophobia?
I will reconsider if I see growth and maturity on your part.
Man up and let's see.
Catcher doesn't suffer that stuff, and you know it.
I have no homophobia to give up, I don't know why you've ranted on and on about it.

Your level of maturity humors me. You think that if a person thinks exactly like you do, they are now mature.

Don't talk to me about manlihood, you have a childish, liberal, yuppie, city boy, subdivision mind that couldn't survive without the grocery store and a credit card.

“I started out with nothing”

Since: Nov 10

and still got most of it left

#212846 Feb 17, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
What?
What?

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#212847 Feb 17, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
What?
I don't know, what.

“I started out with nothing”

Since: Nov 10

and still got most of it left

#212848 Feb 17, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know, what.
There is such a lot you don’t know.

Have you been on vacation or what?

Did you cherry pick a single line from my post or what?

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#212849 Feb 17, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
There is such a lot you don’t know.
Aw, how cute. You tried making a coherent sentence.
Have you been on vacation or what?
Yes'm.
Did you cherry pick a single line from my post or what?
That's not cherry picking.

Look it up.

dictionary.com

Since: Feb 14

Newmarket, Canada

#212850 Feb 17, 2014
God is an imaginary friend for the weak. Deal with the real.

Since: Sep 10

Germany

#212851 Feb 17, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I have no homophobia to give up, I don't know why you've ranted on and on about it.
Your level of maturity humors me. You think that if a person thinks exactly like you do, they are now mature.
Don't talk to me about manlihood, you have a childish, liberal, yuppie, city boy, subdivision mind that couldn't survive without the grocery store and a credit card.
What a hoot you are.

I asked you if you have given up racism, misogyny and homophobia, and you deny the homophobia.

It's like the guy who was criminally charged with having sex with a horse, a dog and a chicken, and he was appalled.

"A chicken?" he asked in an offended tone.

"I never had sex with a chicken!"
blacklagoon

Boston, MA

#212852 Feb 17, 2014
OG Kush wrote:
<quoted text>
You could be kinder to "expert".
He or she is still playing in the key of R sharp which is extremely difficult. In fact few have mastered the R diminished 9th chord yet!
Are you a keyboard player?
If so you should worship Art Tatum and Oscar Peterson.
And if you have the money...
Buy a Wersi
http://m.youtube.com/watch...
I don't think synthesized music is as difficult nor as creative as acoustic music. Tico Tico played on a wind instrument, especially a brass, is much more difficult that this Wersi bullshit. The skill it takes to play this on a trumpet for example, is 100 times more difficult and in the end much more HUMAN. Electronic expression, if there is such a thing, cannot, nor never will, rival human expression in music.

Yes, I very much enjoy Oscar, worship? no, I don't worship anything or anyone, I marvel at their skills and creativity and how they transfer that to the listener.

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

#212853 Feb 17, 2014
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
What a hoot you are.
I asked you if you have given up racism, misogyny and homophobia, and you deny the homophobia.
It's like the guy who was criminally charged with having sex with a horse, a dog and a chicken, and he was appalled.
is ok

no-one thinks you are referring to ar ar

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#212854 Feb 17, 2014
Catcher1 wrote:
What a hoot you are.
Look man, I know you have a problem with honesty but it's your problem.

I openly admit that I'm a big misogynist and a wee bit racist. But I'm not homophobic by any means.

You'll have to square with that one day.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#212855 Feb 17, 2014
slitlikker wrote:
God is an imaginary friend for the weak. Deal with the real.
Which god?

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#212856 Feb 17, 2014
karl44 wrote:
is ok
no-one thinks you are referring to ar ar
"is ok"??

"no-one"???

You are the educated one here, right?

LMMFAO!

I'll wait for ole Catch to promptly correct you....
Eagle 12

Edwardsville, IL

#212857 Feb 17, 2014
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
What a hoot you are.
A Chicken?

Since: Sep 10

Germany

#212858 Feb 17, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Look man, I know you have a problem with honesty but it's your problem.
I openly admit that I'm a big misogynist and a wee bit racist. But I'm not homophobic by any means.
You'll have to square with that one day.
"I did not...have sex...with a chicken!!"
RRedneck

Anyway, welcome back.

It was becoming so civilized around here.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#212859 Feb 17, 2014
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>It was just Valentines Day a few dat ago, I played My Funny Valentine at a concert, guess what the first chord was? C-, then C-M7, and then..........yep C-7. My Funny Valentine is based on C-, the MELODY is based on C-, so is:
1.) Autumn leaves
2.) The Theme to James Bond (w/line cliche)
3.) The Summer Knows
4.) The Shadow of Your Smile
5.) Beethovens 5th Symphony, 3rd movement I think
6.) Alone Together
7.) Duke Ellington's In A Sentimental Mood
8.) Gold Finger (main theme)
9.) Mahlers Adagio
10.) Samuel Barbers Adagio for Strings.
You're not only a liar, you're a complete dishonest assclown. How does it feel to have your ass kicked over and over? Expert in all things, ha ha ha expert in jackin off maybe, but nothing else. Loser!!!
I imagine that you're also pretty familiar with rock classics. Rock music is rarely in Cm. Common minor keys are Am and Em because of the guitar's tuning and the ease of playing those chords in the open position, which is important to folky style players, who generally require capos the play in other keys.

The only two songs I am familiar with in Cm are Led Zeppelin's Since I've Been Loving You, which is a very slow 12-bar blues variant in Cm, with some truly excellent lead guitarring which can be heard here

Cm / Fm / Cm / Cm /
Fm / Fm / Cm / Cm /
Gm / Ab Fm / Cm Bdim Cm Eb / D7 Dbmaj7 /

and Pink Floyd's Dogs of War, also a 12-bar structure, but very different from the usual I-IV-V structure

Cm / Cm / Cm / Cm /
Ebm / Ebm / Cm / Cm /
Ab / Fm / Cm / Cm /

It's fun discussing music this way. Your musical world is much bigger than mine, but I recognize many of the same elements,and enjoy discussing them.
Eagle 12

Edwardsville, IL

#212860 Feb 17, 2014
Florida county rejects atheist monument
An atheist group applied for approval of an atheist statue next to a monument of the Ten Commandments outside the county courthouse. The commission ruled the proposal included incomplete quotes - a violation of its monument regulations.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/flor...

----------

Tweety Bird:

Ahhhh poor ole putty cats can’t get dair way.

Poor putty cats……………
Eagle 12

Edwardsville, IL

#212861 Feb 17, 2014
What, putty cats don’t beweave in God?

Dumb putty cats……
Eagle 12

Edwardsville, IL

#212862 Feb 17, 2014
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
Christians. First they get hit upside the head with the Establishment Clause and then they get hit with this:
All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the state wherein they reside. No state shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any state deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.
What shall the Christians do next? Prey on children?
I'm just guessing.
Pray for children, sweets, not prey.
Eagle 12

Edwardsville, IL

#212863 Feb 17, 2014
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Another fine example of a loving Christian.
Fact-checked by Pastor Catcher.
Another self righteous self appointed judge. Who judges and precludes himself from his cynical sanctimonious judgment.[tipping hat]

By the way, I still love you.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Christianity isn't based on... (Feb '10) 3 min Bob of Quantum-Faith 31
News The war on Christmas (Dec '10) 11 min Bob of Quantum-Faith 4,484
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 12 min Regolith Based Li... 35,186
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) 3 hr Thinking 3,712
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 4 hr Rosa_Winkel 14,941
Religion is the cause of war and most suffering... 7 hr Thinking 157
News Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... (Oct '14) 9 hr Thinking 20,097
More from around the web