Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent. Full Story

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#211635 Feb 8, 2014
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
Christianity; The result of an imaginary screw
Wrong.
with an imaginary virgin
Wrong.
and an imaginary deity's - "proxy ghost self"
By the Holy Spirit you may be right for the first time. Although crudely put. No surprise there.
- which "fathered" itself,
Not really.
just so it could sacrifice itself to itself to save its own creations from the wrath of itself.
You are leaving out a lot and from the tone it all sounds absurd to you but you need to know He did not sacrifice Himself for the benefit the the those destined for destruction. The message of the cross is foolishness to them as you indicate.
What were you saying about Christian credulity, again?
Is any of this original or paraphrases from a hostile site? Probably the latter.

“Rainbow: God's covenant ”

Since: May 07

Clearwater and Honolulu

#211636 Feb 8, 2014
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do you think I did?
And why do so many of you think that we don't know what you think? Are you unaware that your posts, which are each opinions you hold, are read and understood?
Could it be because you in your hate of Christianity invoked my name? Are you aware your disdain is here for all to see? Having said that I wouldn't say you are incapable of anything as you did. None of us know what the future holds or how we may react to unknown events.

“Rainbow: God's covenant ”

Since: May 07

Clearwater and Honolulu

#211637 Feb 8, 2014
Divinity Surgeon wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, I think he might be unaware, I base this on his inability to read and comprehend posts.
To be fair, it's not just Chris, failing to read and comprehend seems to be a common trait in most "believers".
I can read fine. Here is his words "<quoted text>
<quoted text>
You just keep repeating yourself like unsophisticated software
He answered you. Many of us did. No, we don't.
Then he asked you questions, and as is typical for you, you offer no answers.
You didn't learn a thing during your last visit, did you? You are back to ask your same question again and again and again and again, and give nothing in return. It was explained to you how counterproductive that was toward your presumed purpose, and you were both told about and shown the contempt it would generate.
Still, like the faith based thinker you are, you ignored reason and evidence, and chose to give it another try. That is your contribution. You offer yourself as an example of the damage that faith based thought can do - how it removes you from reality, and sets you on a path of irrelevance.
We see it in KiMare as well, who has also chosen a path of irrelevance that alienates the people he wants to reach, who has also been told just how that is so, and who thinks he'll give it another try anyway.
Clearwater is on the same boat. He actually uses the negative feedback as evidence that he is on the right path because a bible passage "foretells" that such behavior will be repudiated - another casualty of faith based thinking. I imagine that you and KiMare would agree.
Riverside Redneck did better. He was able to use the negative feedback he was receiving to modify his posting style. Neither you, Clearwater, nor KiMare has that ability."

In his hate of Christ he thinks he knows what ability people do or do not have. Funny thing I've been reading postings from people that are quite vocal against the church and often sit in judgment. Some have said outright one reason they leave is because they feel Christians look down on them and yet in this forum we see it often from people that are not Christian. Just saying.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#211638 Feb 8, 2014
Tide with Beach wrote:
http://www.project-reason.org/ archive/item/faith_is_not_a_vi rtue_faith_is_gullibility/
I've seen that episode. Excellent.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#211639 Feb 8, 2014
Chris Clearwater wrote:
Could it be because you in your hate of Christianity invoked my name?
Which question was that the answer to?
Chris Clearwater wrote:
Are you aware your disdain is here for all to see?
Of course. It's hardly a secret.
Chris Clearwater wrote:
Having said that I wouldn't say you are incapable of anything as you did.
What?
Chris Clearwater wrote:
None of us know what the future holds or how we may react to unknown events.
Thanks for the insights, although only you know why you chose to share them now. Incidentally, your wisdom regarding the future reminds me of the Amazing Criswell. Behold!


CRISWELL PREDICTS: "Greetings, my friends. We are all interested in the future, for that is where you and I are going to spend the rest of our lives. And remember my friends, future events such as these will affect you in the future."

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#211640 Feb 8, 2014
Chris Clearwater wrote:
In his hate of Christ he thinks he knows what ability people do or do not have. Funny thing I've been reading postings from people that are quite vocal against the church and often sit in judgment. Some have said outright one reason they leave is because they feel Christians look down on them and yet in this forum we see it often from people that are not Christian. Just saying.
Woe is you.
Bongo

Medford, NY

#211641 Feb 8, 2014
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Does that surprise you? Also, these conversations typically last about five minutes in meat space before the believer gets angry and ends it.
Yes a little, it may be geographical. Ideally the religion eschews that behavior. Its human nature, the nemesis of religion. It takes rigor and diligence to be Christlike, a persona that only an unreasonable person would reject, differences notwithstanding.

“The..”

Since: Dec 12

"..who whating how with huh?"

#211642 Feb 8, 2014
Chris Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>Could it be because you in your hate of Christianity invoked my name? Are you aware your disdain is here for all to see? Having said that I wouldn't say you are incapable of anything as you did. None of us know what the future holds or how we may react to unknown events.
"Invoked" your name?

BAHAHAHA !!

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's Teapot

#211643 Feb 8, 2014
Divinity Surgeon wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, it reminded me of yours.
It's one of the many things I love about logic, it's straightforward and honest.
Hi scar :-)
Hi, Luci.

Logic often generates similar thought.

“The..”

Since: Dec 12

"..who whating how with huh?"

#211644 Feb 8, 2014
Chris Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>I can read fine. Here is his words "<quoted text>
<quoted text>
You just keep repeating yourself like unsophisticated software
He answered you. Many of us did. No, we don't.
Then he asked you questions, and as is typical for you, you offer no answers.
You didn't learn a thing during your last visit, did you? You are back to ask your same question again and again and again and again, and give nothing in return. It was explained to you how counterproductive that was toward your presumed purpose, and you were both told about and shown the contempt it would generate.
Still, like the faith based thinker you are, you ignored reason and evidence, and chose to give it another try. That is your contribution. You offer yourself as an example of the damage that faith based thought can do - how it removes you from reality, and sets you on a path of irrelevance.
We see it in KiMare as well, who has also chosen a path of irrelevance that alienates the people he wants to reach, who has also been told just how that is so, and who thinks he'll give it another try anyway.
Clearwater is on the same boat. He actually uses the negative feedback as evidence that he is on the right path because a bible passage "foretells" that such behavior will be repudiated - another casualty of faith based thinking. I imagine that you and KiMare would agree.
Riverside Redneck did better. He was able to use the negative feedback he was receiving to modify his posting style. Neither you, Clearwater, nor KiMare has that ability."

In his hate of Christ he thinks he knows what ability people do or do not have. Funny thing I've been reading postings from people that are quite vocal against the church and often sit in judgment. Some have said outright one reason they leave is because they feel Christians look down on them and yet in this forum we see it often from people that are not Christian. Just saying.
You want I should give you persecution points?

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#211645 Feb 8, 2014
Chris Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>
I can read fine. Here is his words "<quoted text>
<quoted text>
You just keep repeating yourself like unsophisticated software
He answered you. Many of us did. No, we don't.
Then he asked you questions, and as is typical for you, you offer no answers.
You didn't learn a thing during your last visit, did you? You are back to ask your same question again and again and again and again, and give nothing in return. It was explained to you how counterproductive that was toward your presumed purpose, and you were both told about and shown the contempt it would generate.
Still, like the faith based thinker you are, you ignored reason and evidence, and chose to give it another try. That is your contribution. You offer yourself as an example of the damage that faith based thought can do - how it removes you from reality, and sets you on a path of irrelevance.
We see it in KiMare as well, who has also chosen a path of irrelevance that alienates the people he wants to reach, who has also been told just how that is so, and who thinks he'll give it another try anyway.
Clearwater is on the same boat. He actually uses the negative feedback as evidence that he is on the right path because a bible passage "foretells" that such behavior will be repudiated - another casualty of faith based thinking. I imagine that you and KiMare would agree.
Riverside Redneck did better. He was able to use the negative feedback he was receiving to modify his posting style. Neither you, Clearwater, nor KiMare has that ability."
In his hate of Christ he thinks he knows what ability people do or do not have. Funny thing I've been reading postings from people that are quite vocal against the church and often sit in judgment. Some have said outright one reason they leave is because they feel Christians look down on them and yet in this forum we see it often from people that are not Christian. Just saying.
b Just admit that you want to call him the antichrist , because when you do that , it's ok to kill him. Then after you kill him you will go... oops he wasn't the antichrist cause I keel'ed him. But he ( you point over there>) is the antichrist!
It's the christian way.

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's Teapot

#211646 Feb 8, 2014
lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text> Wrong. <quoted text> Wrong. <quoted text> By the Holy Spirit you may be right for the first time. Although crudely put. No surprise there. <quoted text> Not really. <quoted text>
hahaaa...

Good rebuttals~/. We've all learned so, so much from your views given above~/.
lightbeamrider wrote:
You are leaving out a lot and from the tone it all sounds absurd to you but you need to know He did not sacrifice Himself for the benefit the the those destined for destruction. The message of the cross is foolishness to them as you indicate.
Maybe you could clarify the "leaving out a lot and from the tone it all sounds absurd" part with your insight.
lightbeamrider wrote:
Is any of this original or paraphrases from a hostile site? Probably the latter.
It's original, although I've stated it in numerous ways.

It doesn't come from religious doctrine or a book of myth, if that's what you're asking.

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's Teapot

#211647 Feb 8, 2014
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>b Just admit that you want to call him the antichrist , because when you do that , it's ok to kill him. Then after you kill him you will go... oops he wasn't the antichrist cause I keel'ed him. But he ( you point over there>) is the antichrist!
It's the christian way.
"It's the mean old debbil"
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

#211648 Feb 8, 2014
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
Christianity; The result of an imaginary screw with an imaginary virgin and an imaginary deity's - "proxy ghost self" - which "fathered" itself, just so it could sacrifice itself to itself to save its own creations from the wrath of itself.
What were you saying about Christian credulity, again?
If you only knew what you donít know. Then you would know that you didnít know what you claimed to know. Knowing nothing as if it was something is a weight without the scale.

And you have nothing to compare because you have nothing from the beginning. In the end you will still have nothing. Belief in nothingness is not something to be proud of.

Try selling non existing hot chocolate in a blizzard. Or imaginary snow cones in the hot Summer. Even though you have nothing, youíre so proud of your nothingness.

Your argument is non existent because itís without substance. Something is always better than nothing. And nothing is all you have. Zero multiplied or divided by Zero always equals Zero.

Zero is what you believe in and Zero is nothing.

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's Teapot

#211649 Feb 8, 2014
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
If you only knew what you donít know. Then you would know that you didnít know what you claimed to know. Knowing nothing as if it was something is a weight without the scale.
And you have nothing to compare because you have nothing from the beginning. In the end you will still have nothing. Belief in nothingness is not something to be proud of.
Try selling non existing hot chocolate in a blizzard. Or imaginary snow cones in the hot Summer. Even though you have nothing, youíre so proud of your nothingness.
Your argument is non existent because itís without substance. Something is always better than nothing. And nothing is all you have. Zero multiplied or divided by Zero always equals Zero.
Zero is what you believe in and Zero is nothing.
"In the beginning...."

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#211650 Feb 8, 2014
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text> hahaaa...
Good rebuttals~/. We've all learned so, so much from your views given above~/.
Factually incorrect is all that is necessary. Hahaa is more of a response having nothing to do with logic. You cannot even get right what you critique. That means you respond to a distortion. A phantom.
Maybe you could clarify the "leaving out a lot and from the tone it all sounds absurd" part with your insight.
Could and have but it would be a waste of time. Paul critiqued it all 1900+ years ago when he stated the gospel is foolishness to those who are perishing.
<quoted text>
It's original, although I've stated it in numerous ways.
Doubtful. Kilmare responded to a similar critique just a few pages away. At least Divinity Surgeon cites a source. Are you saying Divinity's source copied from you?
----------

Divinity Surgeon wrote:
"The Story of Salvation
Omnipotent God chooses not to use his power to simply forgive humankind, but instead implements a solution which requires that he impregnate a teen girl in order to give birth to himself so he can have himself slaughtered to save human beings from the hell that he created.
He then decides to communicate his scheme through conflicting accounts penned decades later by anonymous authors and subjectively handed down by flawed translators who can't even agree on the interpretation of "virgin".
Think about it."
- The Thinking Atheist.
----------

lightbeamrider wrote:
Is any of this original or paraphrases from a hostile site? Probably the latter.
It doesn't come from religious doctrine or a book of myth, if that's what you're asking.
Well seeing as how you got so much wrong it is believable you did not refer to the New Testament which you refer to as a book of myth. You must think you are right and 2000 years of Christianity has always been wrong. You do have a right to be wrong.

“cdesign proponentsists”

Since: Jul 09

Pittsburgh, PA

#211651 Feb 8, 2014
Some might find this interesting:

So and So brought the betrayal of Jesus by Judas to my attention last night, and I've been thinking about it ever sense. Luke 22:3 says that Judas was possessed by Satan which led him to the Pharisees with his plan to double-cross Jesus.

Now, here is where things get weird for the bible narrative. If Satan is aware of God's plan to sacrifice Jesus in order to save humanity, and if Satan wants to take as many people to hell as he can, why on earth would he help God with his plan to have Jesus crucified thus providing a savior for the world?

Is Satan helping God?
Is God pulling Satan's strings?
Where is the free will that Christians claim exists in any of this?

“Turning coffee into theorems”

Since: Dec 06

Trapped inside a Klein Bottle

#211652 Feb 8, 2014
Doctor REALITY wrote:
Atheism is not a 'faith'. It's 'spiritual cowardice', where men try to run and hide from the Lord that they might continue to embrace the sins they love.'Where can I go, that You are not there, o; Lord?!'
IMHO, Christianity is the "spiritual cowardice", in that it is following the herd, afraid of rocking the boat. Atheism is facing the truth, no matter how much you might want it to be otherwise. There is no evidence of God, but (most) Christians are afraid to face that fact.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#211653 Feb 8, 2014
Divinity Surgeon wrote:
"The Story of Salvation
Omnipotent God chooses not to use his power to simply forgive humankind, but instead implements a solution which requires that he impregnate a teen girl in order to give birth to himself so he can have himself slaughtered to save human beings from the hell that he created.
He then decides to communicate his scheme through conflicting accounts penned decades later by anonymous authors and subjectively handed down by flawed translators who can't even agree on the interpretation of "virgin".
Think about it."
- The Thinking Atheist.
Well, when you put it like *that*, it sounds very silly.

;)

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#211654 Feb 8, 2014
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>b Just admit that you want to call him the antichrist , because when you do that , it's ok to kill him. Then after you kill him you will go... oops he wasn't the antichrist cause I keel'ed him. But he ( you point over there>) is the antichrist!
It's the christian way.
Indeed, it *is* the christian way.

One of many reasons why calling it a death cult, is valid.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Islam for peace, or violence? 1 hr surfer 16
Our world came from nothing? 4 hr Thinking 986
Man center of the universe. Fri fadu singh 84
Razer and Ben Affleck take on the atheists Fri Thinking 6
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) Oct 16 Mikko 1,401
Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... Oct 16 tha Professor 146
Adam Atheoi - the god of 'humanity' Oct 16 Thinking 88

Atheism People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE