Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 20 comments on the Jul 18, 2009, Webbunny tumblelog story titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#211294 Feb 6, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
I mostly refer to the KJV, I know you mock that book to the point of hilarity so how about you?
ooooohhhhh.....

Well you've been saying "babble" all this time, so...

Since: Sep 10

San Francisco, CA

#211295 Feb 6, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey! That wasn't your threat.
You said "if RR spouts his hatred of blacks again, I will report him again"
That was a Chinese joke....
Anyway, blame Catcher.
I asked him to stop posting to me and if he continued, I'd post racial jokes to him.
I think he likes racial humor because he keeps posting to me.
The racial jokes will cease when Catch stops posting to me.
Continue to expose yourself.

“MEET ROSEMARY-She Seeks Home”

Since: Oct 10

With Established Harem

#211296 Feb 6, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
You gave me your opinion about CC, you didn't answer any of my questions.
I'm sure theres's a reason....
.. Clearwater makes everything personal, void of fact ..

.. to make his point about the salvation of Christianity, he discloses Mrs. Clearwater's presumed lesbian history followed by good, charitable acts towards homosexuals he personally knows. Such a kind person! In the next sentence, he points to the perverse, sinful nature of gays ..

.. then there's the alcoholism in his family, people dying because they didn't find Jesus ..

.. it's about manipulation, not my personal take on Mrs. Clearwater. What do I think about his Mrs? Before pondering that question, I'd have to first believe him. I don't. If it's true, what she does in the bedroom is none of my business ..

.. it seems you have many questions but are unwilling to consider the answers in good faith. For me, that's a setup intended to booster ego so not responding is a viable option ..

.. true spirituality is the ability to act within the bounds of dignity. My recent posts have violated that boundary. For that, I apologize ..

San Francisco, CA

#211297 Feb 6, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
So long as one isn't prejudiced against any groups or the jokes don't change your view of said groups, it isn't racism. It's just humor.
Deal with it, whiner.
You have told us, several times, that you're a racist.

You claim you're a racist but not a supremacist.

Fine distinction.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#211298 Feb 6, 2014
Aerobatty wrote:
This is an open forum.
Very astute.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#211299 Feb 6, 2014
Catcher1 wrote:
Continue to expose yourself.
How do you know when an Asian has been in your house?

Your computer is updated, your math homework is done, there's a Vietnamese hooker in your bathtub with a violin up her ass, a dog in the microwave and the guy's still trying to figure out how to back out the driveway.

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

#211300 Feb 6, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>Very astute.
You're welcome.

With Established Harem

#211301 Feb 6, 2014
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
You have told us, several times, that you're a racist.
You claim you're a racist but not a supremacist.
Fine distinction.
.. racists believe in the supremacy of their race ..

.. the ethnic cleansing in Rwanda and Auschwitz prove it ..

.. there is no fine distinction ..

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#211302 Feb 6, 2014
It aint necessarily so wrote:
Can you tell me how your religion has makes you a better person than you would have been without it, keeping in mind that you would likely have been more like the unbelievers posting here.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Yes, I can tell you.
Thanks. I guess it's coming up soon, then, right?
Like Catcher said, I suggest that you get used to intense criticism and learn to deal with it - not just of you for your racism, which really isn't my issue, but also of the church, which is.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
I really, really, REALLY don't give a shit what you and Catcher suggest.
Thanks again. Can we assume that you are offering your own witness as an endorsement for a Christian upbringing rather than a humanist one?

“Turning coffee into theorems”

Since: Dec 06

Trapped inside a Klein Bottle

#211303 Feb 6, 2014
OMG...

Even Pat Robertson thinks YEC Ken Ham is an kook.

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

#211304 Feb 6, 2014
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
Even Pat Robertson told Ken Ham he should shut up and stop making Christians look stupid.
Oh. GMTA.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#211305 Feb 6, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>I don't think the teachings of Paul are at odds with the teachings of Jesus, so no I'm not a Paulinist...

I listen to Jesus' teachings, where He said that He fulfilled the old laws.

That's what differentiates the Jews and the Christians, the Jews don't really care what Jesus had to say, they don't believe He was the Messiah.
With good reason.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#211306 Feb 6, 2014
Happy Lesbo wrote:
.. Clearwater makes everything personal, void of fact ..
.. to make his point about the salvation of Christianity, he discloses Mrs. Clearwater's presumed lesbian history followed by good, charitable acts towards homosexuals he personally knows. Such a kind person! In the next sentence, he points to the perverse, sinful nature of gays ..
.. then there's the alcoholism in his family, people dying because they didn't find Jesus ..
.. it's about manipulation, not my personal take on Mrs. Clearwater. What do I think about his Mrs? Before pondering that question, I'd have to first believe him. I don't. If it's true, what she does in the bedroom is none of my business ..
.. it seems you have many questions but are unwilling to consider the answers in good faith. For me, that's a setup intended to booster ego so not responding is a viable option ..
.. true spirituality is the ability to act within the bounds of dignity. My recent posts have violated that boundary. For that, I apologize ..
Happy Lesbo wrote:
*sigh*

How can one argue with that?

Damn you and your sweetness......

Fennario

#211307 Feb 6, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Taking POW's is different than kidnapping,
Making people property is always immoral, as is condoning it. You've been told this enough times now.

Getting back to character issues, and Christians versus humanist, do you have a working theory yet for why so many of us are treating you with such disdain? Yes, I know that the bible authors saw it coming - Bongo reminded us. But do you have any speculation on why? If so, does it involve only other people, as in other people being assholes, or other people being infested with demons, or does it involve you at all?- apart from your righteousness, of course.

Fennario

#211308 Feb 6, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
What's the number? 7? And it's just Topix Atheists!, you know......
Evidence and statistics have never been your strong suit. Denial supported by faith is.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#211309 Feb 6, 2014
Darwins Stepchild wrote:
<quoted text>Oh. GMTA.
:)

#211310 Feb 6, 2014
I watch part of the Nye/Ham debate (Ham on Nye).

Ham's initial presentation (not counting the 5 min. introduction) was nothing more than one massive appeal to authority...

Ham: This guy made important contributions outside of biology, so you should believe everything he has to say about biology...'cause he's an expert is something else.

I just about spewed coffee all over my keyboard when the YEC astronomer said he saw nothing in astronomy that pointed to an old universe. W...T...F??? The only way he COULD NOT see that is to close his eyes tight and bury his head in the sand.

The whole debate + Q&A is about 2 1/2 hours long. That is a long time to listen to Ham's idiocy. Nye's presentations are pretty good, though.

I got a kick out of one online Christian magazine doing a poll and found 92% of their readers thought Nye won the debate.

One very telling point...

When each was asked what would change their mind on the subject...

Nye: Evidence

Ham: Nothing

With Established Harem

#211311 Feb 6, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
How do you know when an Asian has been in your house?
Your computer is updated, your math homework is done, there's a Vietnamese hooker in your bathtub with a violin up her ass, a dog in the microwave and the guy's still trying to figure out how to back out the driveway.
.. Catcher did not ask you to post racist jokes, that was your decision ..

.. the very idea behind slavery in the U.S.A. was based on the erroneous belief that Blacks were an inferior, savage species and Whites were superior, ditto for Native Americans ..

.. I disagree with Catcher - the very philosophy behind racism is a belief in racial supremacy ..

“Pillars of Creation....”

Into this world we're thrown

#211312 Feb 6, 2014
<quoted text>
Yes, I know that the bible authors saw it coming
LOL

San Francisco, CA

#211313 Feb 6, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
*sigh*
How can one argue with that?
Damn you and your sweetness......
And goddamn you for your disgusting ChristoWhiteSupremacist beliefs.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Who is an atheist? (May '10) 28 min Freebird USA 9,312
News Confessions of a black atheist 1 hr Samoan Irish 392
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) 7 hr thetruth 2,059
The Ultimate Evidence of God (Mar '14) 7 hr thetruth 165
News Atheists' problem with the Bible (Sep '09) 7 hr thetruth 7,406
News Why Atheism Will Replace Religion (Aug '12) 7 hr James 14,604
News Why Do Atheists Ridicule Christianity? (May '11) 7 hr thetruth 6,102
More from around the web