Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent. Full Story

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#210673 Feb 4, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
You said you know of no other definition for "father" other than the kinds that involves sperm or rearing
Wrong. Don't paraphrase me if you can't be accurate.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
I gave you 14 different definitions for it that did not involve your two criteria.
You failed to make the case that your god is the father of Jesus in any nonmetaphorical sense of the word.

Fennario

#210674 Feb 4, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
I'd think He's saddened by the choices you've made, especially since you're not ignorant of Him.
I'm saddened by the choices he's made.

Fennario

#210675 Feb 4, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Scar claimed that the idea of the days in Genesis not being 24 hours was about 250 years old.
No he didn't.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
And he credited it to advances in science for this 'new' way of Biblical interpretation. I showed him that that idea has been around as long as Jesus. Much, much longer than any major scientific advances.
Do you know when science upended your bible's flat earth hypothesis? Well before the first century.

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

#210676 Feb 4, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>I'm no supremacist.

I don't think any race is superior to another.

I just think it's fun to poke at racial commonalities.
You mean stereotypes, right?

Fennario

#210677 Feb 4, 2014
Catcher1 wrote:
Go ahead. Continue to deny it until you're blue in the face. It won't change what you are, and everyone here knows it. You are an angry, stupid ChristoWhiteSupremacist.
Even if he became blue in the face?

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#210678 Feb 4, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>No it doesn't.

The Bible teaches is of the way those people used to be and the laws that were set to govern their lives.

Not in any place of the Bible, NOT ONE PLACE, does it tell me or any other Christian that slavery or rape is a good thing or that it's the moral and just and Godly thing to do.

Nowhere does the Bible teach Christians intolerance. Nowhere. It teaches is to love our fellow man and to do what we can to belong them to Jesus and to salvation.
Except those places where god orders the destruction of entire populations.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#210679 Feb 4, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>You said you know of no other definition for "father" other than the kinds that involves sperm or rearing and you asked me if I did.

I gave you 14 different definitions for it that did not involve your two criteria.

No, one of them didn't describe God.

Three did.

6. Father Christianity
a. God.
b. The first person of the Christian Trinity.
And none of those "fathers" have anything to do with producing children.

Fennario

#210680 Feb 4, 2014
timn17 wrote:
So tedious.
LOL. I have likened teaching Riverside Redneck to rolling a mossy boulder up an icy hill into a headwind during a mudslide. It would be easier to teach a chicken to peck at a toy piano for corn kernels.

“The who whating how...”

Since: Dec 12

"...with huh?"

#210681 Feb 4, 2014
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>Even if he became blue in the face?
Then he could be a christoSmurfSupremacist?

Fennario

#210682 Feb 4, 2014
Rosa_Winkel wrote:
Revelation 21:8 But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death. My take on that one is they had to scare people somehow, so they wouldn't go out and become unbelievers.
That's one of them. Clearwater was outraged at being compared to air pollution, and unwilling to listen until we "two faced people stand up for EVERYONES equality." Imagine having that attitude while defending the church that prints such hate speech in every language known to man, gives copies to anybody that will take them, and even puts its bigotry into every hotel and motel room it can.

I don't expect him to care about atheists, just Christians. I think he expects the same from us - that we care about how he is depicted, but not ourselves.

“The Bible is no science book”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#210683 Feb 4, 2014
Bongo wrote:
<quoted text> You need a strong stomach to see what science has done to people in its desire to learn. Animals are barbarically used till this day. Entire eco systems have suffered and been destroyed, coral reefs, forests, even space is littered and hazardous now . They were still doing lobotomies a few miles from here , by the thousands, less than 60 years ago. At nearby B.N.L. scientists have irreversibly polluted the entire area with radioactive waste, spending hundreds of millions annually in futility in an attempt to remediate. If you knew what went on at nearby plum island, You would think people should have been jailed. Cancer is epidemic, especially breast cancer. Does the end justify the means? No wise person would trust their soul to the results of science. Spiritual things are so far out of the reach of science, it doesn't even know where to begin, at explaining it.
Then why don't all the people of religion (all religions in the area) just pray for it to go away. Jesus said if you believe you shall receive. Shouldn't be hard at all.

“The Bible is no science book”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#210684 Feb 4, 2014
Rosa_Winkel wrote:
<quoted text>
I wonder how the Native Americans would see it? Their languages are truly American, while English was originally foreign.
The same goes for Koori languages here.
Those people seem to forget that our English language came from "GASP" ENGLAND, and not America.
Bongo

Medford, NY

#210685 Feb 4, 2014
sweets2360 wrote:
<quoted text>
Then why don't all the people of religion (all religions in the area) just pray for it to go away. Jesus said if you believe you shall receive. Shouldn't be hard at all.
Be patient my jackass. BTW im not against science. Im spending over 200k annually for my kids to learn it as part of their education. My statements in regard to wonderful science is simply that its a totally unreliable thing to use as a means to rule out deities and the power of faith. There are risks and benefits to it . Sometimes severe.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#210687 Feb 4, 2014
<quoted text>Even if he became blue in the face?
Then he'd be a ChristoBlueSuprmecist.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#210688 Feb 4, 2014
Divinity Surgeon wrote:
<quoted text>Then he could be a christoSmurfSupremacist?
I like that better.

“The who whating how...”

Since: Dec 12

"...with huh?"

#210689 Feb 4, 2014
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>I like that better.
Lol. Thanks.

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

#210690 Feb 4, 2014
<quoted text>
Even if he became blue in the face?
I can't stand Bluish people.

The prisons are full of them.

“MEET ROSEMARY-She Seeks Home”

Since: Oct 10

With Established Harem

#210691 Feb 4, 2014
Chris Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>
Is it acceptable when Christians are called waste of flesh, like air pollution (still my favorite example of hate) dumb, uneducated, willfully ignorant, a danger, a scourge on society just to name a few? When you and that other two faced people stand up for EVERYONES equality I will listen. Till then its just empty words. I do like what Gov Cuomo said as he took the mask off when he said we have no place. At least he was honest with his hate of a good portion of the nation.
.. do you think gays should tolerate religious insults? How about atheists? Should their worthless bodies be chucked in a trench since their souls are going to hell ??..

.. you seem to exhibit much intolerance in support of tolerance ..

“I started out with nothing”

Since: Nov 10

and still got most of it left

#210692 Feb 4, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, I read it and I thought it was cool that it directly refuted your claim that science can now detect imagination.
They've learned what part of the brain picks up sensory information from the eyes. Great. That doesn't prove anything to your claim.
Thank you for omitting all the other parts of my post

Actually what you read was the leader, the first couple of paragraph of the preface.

But like a good godbot you have made you decision on the contents of the paper without reading it. Well done.

“I started out with nothing”

Since: Nov 10

and still got most of it left

#210693 Feb 4, 2014
<quoted text>
You might smile at this:
"You stare into your high definition plasma screen monitor, type into your cordless keyboard then hit enter, which causes your computer to convert all that visual data into a binary signal that’s processed by millions of precise circuits.
"This is then converted to a frequency modulated signal to reach your wireless router where it is then converted to light waves and sent along a large fiber optics cable to be processed by a super computer on a mass server.
"This sends that bit you typed to a satellite orbiting the earth that was put there through the greatest feats of engineering and science, all so it could go back through a similar pathway to make it all the way here to my computer monitor 15,000 miles away from you just so you could say,“Science is all a bunch of man made hogwash.”- anon.
Brilliant

The hypocrisy (or outright lies) of some of these godbots is absolutely mind blowing

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Evidence for God! 1 hr NightSerf 372
Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) 3 hr _Bad Company 23,267
Why Do Atheists Ridicule Christianity? (May '11) 4 hr Morse 5,951
Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... 4 hr RayOne 2,621
Christians More Supportive of Torture Than Non-... 5 hr SnuffAGlobalisst 23
Atheism: On the Rise? (Jan '13) 10 hr Dee 41
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) 10 hr _Bad Company 1,458
More from around the web