Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 254916 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#210083 Feb 1, 2014
Darwins Stepchild wrote:
<quoted text>
First you claim God is real. Now you are claiming fairies are real. Perhaps God is a fairy?
Fairies....

You know....

The ones hanging out in Hollywood...

With the skinny jeans.....

“The Bible is no science book”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#210084 Feb 1, 2014
mtimber wrote:
<quoted text>
So you are stating child molestation is absolutely wrong, I assume you are an atheist, that being the case, upon what absolute moral standard are you making this claim?
So you are stating child molestation is not wrong. I assume you are a Christian. That being the case, upon what absolute moral standard are you making your claim?

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

#210085 Feb 1, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>I can rule out vampires and leprechauns quote easily.

No one can rule out God at all.
I rule out god with the same ease as vampires and leprechauns.

Also with the same ease I rule out your critical thinking ability.

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#210086 Feb 1, 2014
Darwins Stepchild wrote:
<quoted text>
First you claim God is real. Now you are claiming fairies are real. Perhaps God is a fairy?
Jesus was a homosexual. I believe the Bible story implies that, therefore, it's fact.

Since: Sep 10

United States

#210087 Feb 1, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Fairies....
You know....
The ones hanging out in Hollywood...
With the skinny jeans.....
Aha, the stupid, angry ChristoWhiteSupremacist strikes again.

Location hidden

#210088 Feb 1, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
RiversideRedneck wrote:
One you can't perform?
<quoted text>
Lol
My bad, I didn't mean you personally. I worded that wrong.
I meant one that a person can't perform.
If you can't perform it naturally, it isn't natural.
Sex can be supernatural. I often speak in tongues.

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#210089 Feb 1, 2014
mtimber wrote:
<quoted text>
I have answered your questions repeatedly, you just don't like the answers.
Why is cowardice an absolute moral judgement by the way.
Do you think you need to practice your atheism a little bit more, you keep dropping the mask and revealing you don't really believe in atheism...
You've not answered the questions, bore.

Anyone who has followed this discussion knows this.

Carry on - the more you post, the more pathetic you become.

PS - one doesn't "practice" atheism and one doesn't "believe in" atheism. All atheism is is the lack of a belief in deities.

We can mark that as #4,769 on the list of things you don't quite understand.

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#210090 Feb 1, 2014
mtimber wrote:
<quoted text>
How can the Golden Rule predate God.
And please account for its status as the golden rule in the atheistic universe which has no absolute moral rules?
You guys surrender atheism so easily...
Are you on meth?

Your responses, while tedious, offer a sort of bizarre fascination in that they in no way reflect the reality or content of the post to which you are replying.

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's teapot

#210091 Feb 1, 2014
mtimber wrote:
<quoted text>
How can the Golden Rule predate God.
And please account for its status as the golden rule in the atheistic universe which has no absolute moral rules?
You guys surrender atheism so easily...
Just Think wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you on meth?
Your responses, while tedious, offer a sort of bizarre fascination in that they in no way reflect the reality or content of the post to which you are replying.
He's strung out on myth.

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's teapot

#210092 Feb 1, 2014
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus was a homosexual. I believe the Bible story implies that, therefore, it's fact.
He tried the pork.

And loved it.
blacklagoon

Hyde Park, MA

#210093 Feb 1, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus Christ existed.
Virtually all scholars of antiquity agree to that.
I'll take their word for it, not yours.
You're of no help.
Wrong, there are a number of biblical scholars who doubt the existence of Jesus, would you like be to show you some of them?
blacklagoon

Hyde Park, MA

#210094 Feb 1, 2014
mtimber wrote:
<quoted text>
Want to pick another one, how about lying?
Would you lie to save someones life? Would you lie to save someone from harm? Would you lie to save yourself from death? Would you lie to save your child from death or harm?

Location hidden

#210095 Feb 1, 2014
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
He tried the pork.
And loved it.
Teh Jesus: What's on the menu? Peter? Uhhhhh....I mean, what's on the menu, Peter?
blacklagoon

Hyde Park, MA

#210096 Feb 1, 2014
mtimber wrote:
<quoted text>
1. Moral standards that are absolutely binding.
2. Without them there are no morals, you cannot tell how long a piece of string is if you do not have a ruler to measure it with.
3. First 5 commandments are absolute moral standards, that should keep you busy.
4. Absolute moral standards require an absolute moral transcendent source. Only Christianity reveals that absolute moral source because it and it alone deals with the sin problem.
You're ful of shit on all 4.

1.) This is NOT an answer to his question, he asked you to DEFINE moral standards.

2.) Approximately 289,000 years of mankind surviving without your Gods moral standards proves you wrong........you lose again numbnuts

3.) The first three commandments deal with your God misplaced sense of vanity, not morality........you lose again f**cknuts.

4.) There is no evidence for a transcendent source. Judaism deals with sin, not just Christians, so do Mormons, you're either lying or just plain stupid, I pick door number two!!

“Turning coffee into theorems”

Since: Dec 06

Trapped inside a Klein Bottle

#210097 Feb 1, 2014
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
I have known some psychologists that claim Paul was likely gay. Some of the things he wrote point toward homosexual desire. Then there are his rants against the gay that point to self loathing, a common thing with gays in an anti-gay society.

“Turning coffee into theorems”

Since: Dec 06

Trapped inside a Klein Bottle

#210098 Feb 1, 2014
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>Would you lie to save someones life? Would you lie to save someone from harm? Would you lie to save yourself from death? Would you lie to save your child from death or harm?
I find that people like mtimber have very little imagination. Their minds seem to be so literal that they find it impossible to think outside the box.

Location hidden

#210099 Feb 1, 2014
Darwins Stepchild wrote:
<quoted text>
I have known some psychologists that claim Paul was likely gay. Some of the things he wrote point toward homosexual desire. Then there are his rants against the gay that point to self loathing, a common thing with gays in an anti-gay society.
My psychiatrist tried to claim I was a sociopath until I showed up at his house and confronted him while he was showering with a lock of his sleeping daughter's hair.

:-)

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#210100 Feb 1, 2014
Darwins Stepchild wrote:
I have come to agree with you. It is too late for several of these posters. And not only can they not get their minds around the ideas presented, they can't even listen. They are so focused on their "argument" that they don't hear your response. And on top of that, they have to lie to advance their agenda. It's pathetic.
We can put that to good use in exactly the way that you and many others have already done. Had you known before your Topix experience how many were this extremely affected? I hadn't, and I don't suppose too many other people did either. Some of us have been arguing that faith acts like a damaging mental illness. The worst of these people are as far removed from our common reality as a psychotic with the prognosis for recovery is nearly zero, and they are not scarce.

Sure that's offensive to Christians. But if is true, with so much at stake, the possibility of being offensive can't be allowed to be an obstacle to making the case.
blacklagoon

Hyde Park, MA

#210101 Feb 1, 2014
mtimber wrote:
<quoted text>
Then you are gullible, you have faith in abiogenesis...
Wrong cokbreath, I have TRUST in abiogenesis based on research rooted in the naturalistic realm. Perhaps you should learn the definition of Gullibility,.Easily persuaded, credulous. Like you, easily persuaded that God has ams and hands, lungs and a mouth, all needed to blow on his scoop of dirt. How do come by this information on the physical makeup for your god thing? You've been easily persuaded, you are credulous, of course this makes you.........wait for it..........friggin gullible!!!!!
blacklagoon

Hyde Park, MA

#210102 Feb 1, 2014
mtimber wrote:
<quoted text>
An immoral book, you are no longer an atheist I see.
Are there any real atheists in this thread?
That I site your holy book as immoral is a fact, why does that observation negate my Atheism?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 4 min karl44 11,445
Religion Down Suicide Up 6 min Insults Are Easier 70
News In America, atheists are still in the closet (Apr '12) 46 min Patrick 50,943
News Speaking for God 1 hr Cat74 554
News Revered Artist Was an Atheist Who Rejected God.... 2 hr woodtick57 46
News Why Do Atheists Ridicule Christianity? (May '11) 3 hr ChristineM 9,604
Atheism is not a belief 4 hr NightSerf 187
What is of greater value for humanity: Chrisita... 5 hr Amused 356
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 7 hr READMORE 29,473
More from around the web