Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent. Full Story

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#208655 Jan 28, 2014
BenAdam wrote:
I also have no problem with polygamous marriages.
Multiple wives would raise your odds of getting laid.

Marginally.

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#208656 Jan 28, 2014
christINSANITY is EVIL wrote:
<quoted text>
Advancement of humanity starts with acceptance of reality
Religion is a virus that F s UP people's brains..
www.evilbible.com
Your lobotomy didn't help, either.

“Skeptic/Atheist”

Since: Jan 14

Location hidden

#208657 Jan 28, 2014
froggy wrote:
Support those who seek "truth" ---- doubt those who claim to have found it.
I love this comment!!!!

“Skeptic/Atheist”

Since: Jan 14

Location hidden

#208658 Jan 28, 2014
I sure am no smarter than the next person but the difference with me and religious people is I adapt to new information and choose to be open to new information and ideas. You cannot say that for religion

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#208659 Jan 28, 2014
Happy Lesbo wrote:
LCD wrote:
I wasn't trying to say, nor did I say, that your sexism was against men. Your sexism is against the feminine quality.
<quoted text>
.. good morning my little comequick ..
.. it seems you misread LCD's comment. Your prejudice is against men who have a feminine quality ..
.. wouldn't that indicate a disdain for women ??..
Sigh

If someone doesn't like men that act like little kids, dies that mean they have distain for children?

It has been made abundantly clear that it was the combination of what was said AND who said it

And even if someone can't grasp that, not looking men who act like women is because they ARE men. If you want an indicator on how someone views women, try looking at how they view women. It's simple logic. The opinion someone has on a man acting like a woman has nothing to do with how someone views woken.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#208660 Jan 28, 2014
Catcher1 wrote:
Sorry I'm unable to participate.
I'm working on a very thorny case.
If I prevail, drinks are on me.
We were all wondering where you were...

O__O

“MEET ROSEMARY-She Seeks Home”

Since: Oct 10

With Established Harem

#208661 Jan 28, 2014
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>Sigh
If someone doesn't like men that act like little kids, dies that mean they have distain for children?**PORTIONS CUT**
.. regardless of gender, it's always fun being a kid ..

.. want to go on a Merry-Go-Round ride ??..

.. debate with Buck ..

Location hidden

#208662 Jan 28, 2014
LCD wrote:
<quoted text>
1. I wasn't trying to say, nor did I say, that your sexism was against men. Your sexism is against the feminine quality. I might be wrong that it's sexism. You might be opposed to all non-conformity.
2. You claimed that there was nothing biological about a straight man being effeminate. How do you know this? Why is that important? I would argue that causality is only relevant if you think that being effeminate is a lesser state, or immoral.
3. I have no idea what your criteria is for parsing qualities as masculine of feminine. This is something you would need to explain.
4. You need to explain how a man showering with other men and commenting on their diversity is being effeminate, and why that is something worth mocking a person for.
5. Why does anyone comment on observed diversity at any time? Should one not notice, or just not comment, if that observation is made while people are not wearing clothes? Is this something that women generally do often, that men generally wouldn't do?
6. What is funny about it? It seems juvenile and ignorant. If it is funny, you should be able to explain why it's funny.
You keep trying to use terms you don't understand and are showing a ton of ignorance for east to grasp concepts so I don't know how much further I can take this

1) Yes you are wrong to call it sexism. It also had nothing to do with conformity. Please learn what terms means and then when they are applicable

2) Don't backpedal now. You said I was speaking out of ignorance when I said it wasn't biological. Prove it or look like an idiot that calls people ignorant for things he doesn't actually understand himself I guess

3) I don't need to explain anything. You made incorrect assumptions and spoke out of ignorance. Kind of ironic right,

4) Again I don't need to explain anything. And I didn't say that particular example was effeminate. I actually don't know what to call that. I was simply responding to two different claims. Both against a guy being effeminate and the claim people have tried to imply someone is gay as an insult. As for why I mock him about it, it's because he repeatedly lies and claims a poster on here abused his child.

5) Too stupid to address

6) Again I don't need to explain anything. Humor is subjective.

“MEET ROSEMARY-She Seeks Home”

Since: Oct 10

With Established Harem

#208663 Jan 28, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
We were all wondering where you were...
O__O
.. I'm filling in for Catcher you misogynistic wife & child beater ..

.. feel better now ??..

Location hidden

#208664 Jan 28, 2014
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. regardless of gender, it's always fun being a kid ..
.. want to go on a Merry-Go-Round ride ??..
.. debate with Buck ..
There is nothing to debate

Your claim was just silly

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#208666 Jan 28, 2014
Happy Lesbo wrote:
.. I'm filling in for Catcher you misogynistic wife & child beater ..
.. feel better now ??..
Thanks, man.

I was starting to feel forgotten.

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#208667 Jan 28, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
The earth is 672 years old.
and then some...

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#208668 Jan 28, 2014
Tide with Beach wrote:

You believe in a myth, RR.
That is your opinion, Tide.
The government doesn't define marriage, it defines legal marriage.
I thought your objection was rooted in a belief that allowing legal same sex marriage would change how people would conceptualize marriage.
If you have objections to same sex marriage, what's your best argument against it?
What's the difference between marriage and legal marriage?

Even as the name implies, same sex marriage, it's different than marriage.

Location hidden

#208669 Jan 28, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
Another slip-and-fall?

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#208670 Jan 28, 2014
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
If the Bible is defining what "God" is, "God" can't exist.
If you removed all the contradictions you'd still be left with a definition that falls outside what we would call natural. Until such time as the extraordinary claims are demonstrated as possible, they must be considered supernatural.
No.

According to the Bible, God exists.

Never read it?

Location hidden

#208671 Jan 28, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
Marginally.
Multiple wives will raise your odds of getting arrested.

Absolutely

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#208672 Jan 28, 2014
It aint necessarily so wrote:
You don't have to accept it. Feel free to reject the idea.

You don't have to get over it, either.
Oh.

Well that makes it so much easier.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#208673 Jan 28, 2014
BenAdam wrote:
I also have no problem with polygamous marriages.
Buck Crick wrote:
Marginally.
Unlikely.

He'd still be taking out the trash, washing dishes, doing laundry, rubbing feet and chaining poopy diapers.

The poor fella...

Location hidden

#208674 Jan 28, 2014
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>You keep trying to use terms you don't understand and are showing a ton of ignorance for east to grasp concepts so I don't know how much further I can take this
1) Yes you are wrong to call it sexism. It also had nothing to do with conformity. Please learn what terms means and then when they are applicable
2) Don't backpedal now. You said I was speaking out of ignorance when I said it wasn't biological. Prove it or look like an idiot that calls people ignorant for things he doesn't actually understand himself I guess
3) I don't need to explain anything. You made incorrect assumptions and spoke out of ignorance. Kind of ironic right,
4) Again I don't need to explain anything. And I didn't say that particular example was effeminate. I actually don't know what to call that. I was simply responding to two different claims. Both against a guy being effeminate and the claim people have tried to imply someone is gay as an insult. As for why I mock him about it, it's because he repeatedly lies and claims a poster on here abused his child.
5) Too stupid to address
6) Again I don't need to explain anything. Humor is subjective.

You're a POS Puss, who needs to be cut asunder.

http://biblehub.com/matthew/24-51.htm

“The who whating how...”

Since: Dec 12

"...with huh?"

#208675 Jan 28, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>Science fiction is fiction, Tide.

It isn't real.
Historical fiction like the bible, is fiction.

It isn't real.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
why? 14 min Carchar king 48
Our world came from nothing? (Jul '14) 20 min Carchar king 1,251
The Consequences of Atheism 49 min Carchar king 81
"Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 56 min dirtclod 14,692
Christianity Created Hitler 2 hr Thinking 216
Why Evil Disproves Atheism 15 hr Luke1981 7
Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... 15 hr NoahLovesU 2,844
More from around the web