Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 258039 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#208662 Jan 28, 2014
LCD wrote:
<quoted text>
1. I wasn't trying to say, nor did I say, that your sexism was against men. Your sexism is against the feminine quality. I might be wrong that it's sexism. You might be opposed to all non-conformity.
2. You claimed that there was nothing biological about a straight man being effeminate. How do you know this? Why is that important? I would argue that causality is only relevant if you think that being effeminate is a lesser state, or immoral.
3. I have no idea what your criteria is for parsing qualities as masculine of feminine. This is something you would need to explain.
4. You need to explain how a man showering with other men and commenting on their diversity is being effeminate, and why that is something worth mocking a person for.
5. Why does anyone comment on observed diversity at any time? Should one not notice, or just not comment, if that observation is made while people are not wearing clothes? Is this something that women generally do often, that men generally wouldn't do?
6. What is funny about it? It seems juvenile and ignorant. If it is funny, you should be able to explain why it's funny.
You keep trying to use terms you don't understand and are showing a ton of ignorance for east to grasp concepts so I don't know how much further I can take this

1) Yes you are wrong to call it sexism. It also had nothing to do with conformity. Please learn what terms means and then when they are applicable

2) Don't backpedal now. You said I was speaking out of ignorance when I said it wasn't biological. Prove it or look like an idiot that calls people ignorant for things he doesn't actually understand himself I guess

3) I don't need to explain anything. You made incorrect assumptions and spoke out of ignorance. Kind of ironic right,

4) Again I don't need to explain anything. And I didn't say that particular example was effeminate. I actually don't know what to call that. I was simply responding to two different claims. Both against a guy being effeminate and the claim people have tried to imply someone is gay as an insult. As for why I mock him about it, it's because he repeatedly lies and claims a poster on here abused his child.

5) Too stupid to address

6) Again I don't need to explain anything. Humor is subjective.

“MEET KIKI -She Seeks Home”

Since: Oct 10

With Established Harem

#208663 Jan 28, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
We were all wondering where you were...
O__O
.. I'm filling in for Catcher you misogynistic wife & child beater ..

.. feel better now ??..

Location hidden

#208664 Jan 28, 2014
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. regardless of gender, it's always fun being a kid ..
.. want to go on a Merry-Go-Round ride ??..
.. debate with Buck ..
There is nothing to debate

Your claim was just silly

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#208666 Jan 28, 2014
Happy Lesbo wrote:
.. I'm filling in for Catcher you misogynistic wife & child beater ..
.. feel better now ??..
Thanks, man.

I was starting to feel forgotten.

“Jon Snow”

Since: Dec 10

The King in the Nor±h

#208667 Jan 28, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
The earth is 672 years old.
and then some...

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#208668 Jan 28, 2014
Tide with Beach wrote:

You believe in a myth, RR.
That is your opinion, Tide.
The government doesn't define marriage, it defines legal marriage.
I thought your objection was rooted in a belief that allowing legal same sex marriage would change how people would conceptualize marriage.
If you have objections to same sex marriage, what's your best argument against it?
What's the difference between marriage and legal marriage?

Even as the name implies, same sex marriage, it's different than marriage.

“Jon Snow”

The King in the Nor±h

#208669 Jan 28, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
Another slip-and-fall?

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#208670 Jan 28, 2014
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
If the Bible is defining what "God" is, "God" can't exist.
If you removed all the contradictions you'd still be left with a definition that falls outside what we would call natural. Until such time as the extraordinary claims are demonstrated as possible, they must be considered supernatural.
No.

According to the Bible, God exists.

Never read it?

“Jon Snow”

The King in the Nor±h

#208671 Jan 28, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
Multiple wives would raise your odds of getting laid.
Marginally.
Multiple wives will raise your odds of getting arrested.

Absolutely

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#208672 Jan 28, 2014
It aint necessarily so wrote:
You don't have to accept it. Feel free to reject the idea.

You don't have to get over it, either.
Oh.

Well that makes it so much easier.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#208673 Jan 28, 2014
BenAdam wrote:
I also have no problem with polygamous marriages.
Buck Crick wrote:
Multiple wives would raise your odds of getting laid.
Marginally.
Unlikely.

He'd still be taking out the trash, washing dishes, doing laundry, rubbing feet and chaining poopy diapers.

The poor fella...

“Jon Snow”

The King in the Nor±h

#208674 Jan 28, 2014
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>You keep trying to use terms you don't understand and are showing a ton of ignorance for east to grasp concepts so I don't know how much further I can take this
1) Yes you are wrong to call it sexism. It also had nothing to do with conformity. Please learn what terms means and then when they are applicable
2) Don't backpedal now. You said I was speaking out of ignorance when I said it wasn't biological. Prove it or look like an idiot that calls people ignorant for things he doesn't actually understand himself I guess
3) I don't need to explain anything. You made incorrect assumptions and spoke out of ignorance. Kind of ironic right,
4) Again I don't need to explain anything. And I didn't say that particular example was effeminate. I actually don't know what to call that. I was simply responding to two different claims. Both against a guy being effeminate and the claim people have tried to imply someone is gay as an insult. As for why I mock him about it, it's because he repeatedly lies and claims a poster on here abused his child.
5) Too stupid to address
6) Again I don't need to explain anything. Humor is subjective.

You're a POS Puss, who needs to be cut asunder.

http://biblehub.com/matthew/24-51.htm

Since: Dec 12

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#208675 Jan 28, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>Science fiction is fiction, Tide.

It isn't real.
Historical fiction like the bible, is fiction.

It isn't real.

Location hidden

#208676 Jan 28, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
How'd you know?
<quoted text>
No. That'd indicate a disdain for men that act like women.
I feel the same way about women that act like men, so does that indicate a disdain for men?
Get out of here with that basic logic'

Next you will try to tell me that I don't hate dogs because I don't like it when a man runs around on all fours and barks and pees on my lawn

:)

With Established Harem

#208677 Jan 28, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
What's the difference between marriage and legal marriage?
.. you've never heard of Celestial Marriage you Frenchified, boring, egocentric, ninnyhammered, bankrupt, corpulent, rooster headed pig ??..

With Established Harem

#208678 Jan 28, 2014
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Multiple wives will raise your odds of getting arrested.
Absolutely
.. not in Utah or Arizona ..

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#208679 Jan 28, 2014
Divinity Surgeon wrote:
Historical fiction like the bible, is fiction.
It isn't real.
M'kay, punkin

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#208680 Jan 28, 2014
New Age wrote:

To be honest - science-fiction has become science-fact.
In many instances in the past and now into the future, science-fiction will become science-fact.
Example, 3D printing.
If one is to llok back through the pages of Science-fiction - as in the Star Trek replicators. This appears to be the onset of something big science-fictionee - and now has become science-fact.
http://www.3dprinter.net/
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/3D_printing
I think the mentality that people have in thinking that science fiction stays in science fiction, is ludicrous.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I never said that I think science fiction stays in science fiction. I don't know why you'd assume I think that.
Did you know the removable/upgradable bridge on our Navy ships originated in the heads of Star Trek nerds?
Correct - you didn't and I never stated you did.

Please stop thinking I am always out to get you, it is a false notion.

o.0

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#208681 Jan 28, 2014
BTW RR - just to rpovide you with your statement.....

RiversideRedneck wrote:

Science fiction is fiction, Tide.

It isn't real.

"I never said that I think science fiction stays in science fiction."
- I know you said it is "Fiction."....and "isn't real".

Do you need to explain the use of your words for those who don't understand what you are trying to convey?

I disagree in some part in that science-fiction is fiction, because I've already shown that science-fiction does not always stay in a fictionous world, because many science fiction ideas have become science-fact.

That is all I wanted to add....thanks for responding.

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's teapot

#208682 Jan 28, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
No.
According to the Bible, God exists.
Never read it?
Here's a few more religions that have deity claims too.

Never read their books(think bible)?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zoroastrianism
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islam
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Judaism
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baha%27i_Faith
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sikhism
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eckankar
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hinduism

HAHAAA...

Oh, yeah, you don't believe in those deities - mostly - even though your deity belief draws some aspects from those others...

<theist> "MY GOD IS THE ONLY REALLY REALLY REAL GOD!...AND CAPITALIZE "GOD", OR IT MEANS LESS, CAUSE MY GOD IS THE REAL ONE, DAMN YOU!

MY GOD IS SO FRIKKEN REAL!....

...JUST READ THE BOOK!"

Theists are an absolute hoot.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 33 min Chimney1 48,484
Athetists' best bet is that there is a God. 1 hr JustASkeptic 6
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 3 hr Into The Night 23,491
News Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... (Oct '14) Sat ChristineM 21,863
News The war on Christmas (Dec '10) Sat Eagle 12 4,907
Why you need to make sure you are saved before ... Fri Scaritual 14
Jesus Christ and Wisdom, Knowledge, Understandi... Nov 29 Richardfs 5
More from around the web