Richard Dawkins - God is evil, pedophilesa not so bad

Sep 14, 2013 Full story: Examiner.com 3,029

"The God of the Qur'an is arguably the most unpleasant character in all fiction: jealous and proud of it; a petty, unjust, unforgiving control-freak; a vindictive, bloodthirsty ethnic cleanser; a misogynistic, homophobic, racist, infanticidal, genocidal, filicidal, pestilential, megalomaniacal, sadomasochistic, capriciously malevolent bully.

Full Story
Jim

Scunthorpe, UK

#1780 Jan 1, 2014
LCNin wrote:
<quoted text>
While your generalizations are amusing they seem to reveal a level of hatred toward those with whom you disagree.
Is is possible that you could be Wrong on anything?
Have you achieved perfection in your beliefs?
Peace
Creationism failed this Christmas.

Peace out.
Jim

Scunthorpe, UK

#1781 Jan 1, 2014
LCNin wrote:
<quoted text>
While your generalizations are amusing they seem to reveal a level of hatred toward those with whom you disagree.
Is is possible that you could be Wrong on anything?
Have you achieved perfection in your beliefs?
Peace
No guts to stand up and correct their bible, removing the claim that "all atheists are fools"

We can see Creationist Cult Member's like LCN quick to accuse others but slow to apologise for his own Creationist Cult.

Since: Oct 13

Location hidden

#1782 Jan 1, 2014
Thinking wrote:
How old do you think Aisha was when mohammed first thighed her?
<quoted text>
there are a million way to ask this question, you chose the least respected way,
watch your mouth when you talk the mother of Muslims.
anyways allow me to answer your question with another question; how old was Mohammed's daughter Fatima when she got married to his cousin Ali ?!!

Since: Oct 13

Location hidden

#1783 Jan 1, 2014
Mahmood wrote:
<quoted text>
Why, you don't consider Shias to be muslims?
I don't have the right to judge people and say who is a true Muslim and who isn't,
I dont have the knowledge to say if shias are Muslims or not, trusted Sunni scholars say that the majority of Shias are ignorant and were mislead ed by their imams, while the Imams are considered to be infidels and need to get back to islam.

I said that it was amazing that you left Islam, because probably you grew up being told that Abu Bakr, Umar and Uthman were very bad people and all they wanted was just to take Ali's place or authority, and maybe you grew up watching people hitting themselves at the day of Ashura and was taught that swearing Aisha and Mohamed's companions will get you to heaven.

you were able to realize that all of these are lies, but unfortunately that made you jump to a wrong conclusion which is Islam is a big fat lie.
now I understand why you were that angry with Usman (RDA) and thought he changed Quran and burnt the scriptures to hide his lie.

Mohammed (PBUH) Said
"My ummah will be divided into seventy three sects. All of them will be in the Fire except one"
Mahmood

Mississauga, Canada

#1784 Jan 1, 2014
hazem selawi wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't have the right to judge people and say who is a true Muslim and who isn't,
I dont have the knowledge to say if shias are Muslims or not, trusted Sunni scholars say that the majority of Shias are ignorant and were mislead ed by their imams, while the Imams are considered to be infidels and need to get back to islam.
I said that it was amazing that you left Islam, because probably you grew up being told that Abu Bakr, Umar and Uthman were very bad people and all they wanted was just to take Ali's place or authority, and maybe you grew up watching people hitting themselves at the day of Ashura and was taught that swearing Aisha and Mohamed's companions will get you to heaven.
you were able to realize that all of these are lies, but unfortunately that made you jump to a wrong conclusion which is Islam is a big fat lie.
now I understand why you were that angry with Usman (RDA) and thought he changed Quran and burnt the scriptures to hide his lie.
Mohammed (PBUH) Said
"My ummah will be divided into seventy three sects. All of them will be in the Fire except one"
Brother Hazem, Happy New Year to you and your family. No, I never grew up hating any of the Caliphs because my mother who was the in-house "expert" on religion advised that these guys were relatives of the prophet & are to be respected. Therefore my attitude towards them was one of indifference even though Ali was always paramount. During my years as a muslim, I never really studied Islam or read up on Islamic history....I was only a follower.

My apostasy happened by chance when I picked up a bio written by Karen Armstrong about Mohammad. It was after reading that book when I realized that I need to dig further into Islam. I read the Koran and began reading up on Islamic history. I swallowed up every book I could lay my hands on about Islam and Mohammad.....and the rest is history.

Since: Apr 12

Martinez, CA

#1785 Jan 1, 2014
Mahmood wrote:
<quoted text>
Brother Hazem, Happy New Year to you and your family. No, I never grew up hating any of the Caliphs because my mother who was the in-house "expert" on religion advised that these guys were relatives of the prophet & are to be respected. Therefore my attitude towards them was one of indifference even though Ali was always paramount. During my years as a muslim, I never really studied Islam or read up on Islamic history....I was only a follower.
My apostasy happened by chance when I picked up a bio written by Karen Armstrong about Mohammad. It was after reading that book when I realized that I need to dig further into Islam. I read the Koran and began reading up on Islamic history. I swallowed up every book I could lay my hands on about Islam and Mohammad.....and the rest is history.
Karen Armstrong triggered your eventual apostasy? What did she say about Muhammad?
Thinking

Windsor, UK

#1786 Jan 1, 2014
Don't threaten me, you child abusing POS.
hazem selawi wrote:
<quoted text>
there are a million way to ask this question, you chose the least respected way,
watch your mouth when you talk the mother of Muslims.
anyways allow me to answer your question with another question; how old was Mohammed's daughter Fatima when she got married to his cousin Ali ?!!
Mahmood

Mississauga, Canada

#1787 Jan 1, 2014
Rusty Tin Can wrote:
<quoted text>
Karen Armstrong triggered your eventual apostasy? What did she say about Muhammad?
She very briefly mentioned that Mohammad had opponents murdered which came as a shock because we grew up with the impression that his sh*t didn't stink.
Jim

Scunthorpe, UK

#1788 Jan 1, 2014
hazem selawi wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't have the right to judge people and say who is a true Muslim and who isn't,
Then go away and leave people in peace. Get an education as well, it will help you fight the ignorance you are clearly surrounded by

Since: Apr 12

Martinez, CA

#1789 Jan 2, 2014
Mahmood wrote:
She very briefly mentioned that Mohammad had opponents murdered which came as a shock because we grew up with the impression that his sh*t didn't stink.
Lol, Now it makes sense.

I was surprised at first that it was Karen Armstrong because she isn't known for exposing bad things about Islam... but I guess that did the trick! If, instead of Karen Armstrong you read Robert Spencer's books you might just throw it away not believing anything in it. But Karen Armstrong... even muslims praised her work, so that "briefly mentioned" part is magical...

Since: Apr 12

Martinez, CA

#1790 Jan 2, 2014
Rusty Tin Can wrote:
Lol, Now it makes sense.
I was surprised at first that it was Karen Armstrong because she isn't known for exposing bad things about Islam... but I guess that did the trick! If, instead of Karen Armstrong you read Robert Spencer's books you might just throw it away not believing anything in it. But Karen Armstrong... even muslims praised her work, so that "briefly mentioned" part is magical...
Well, Raymond Ibrahim compares Karen Armstrong and Robert Spencer...

"Karen Armstrong's Islamic Apologetics"

www.islam-watch.org/ibrahim/Karen-Armstrong-I...

Perhaps Karen Armstrongs's white-washing-Islam approach doesn't really work, unless she white-wash it COMPLETELY... or Mahmood can do his own research about things that was "mentioned briefly"... This shows one way internet is helping in defeating Islam.

Another article criticing Karem Armstrong's white-washing Islam:

http://www.answering-islam.org/Authors/Arland...

...

Karen Armstrong, a former nun and well-spoken and prolific author on Islam, perpetrates the whitewashes and omissions in her article for the book, "Is Islam violent?" She says that when Muhammad conquered Mecca in AD 630, the city "voluntarily opened its gates to the Muslims, without bloodshed" because he had ingeniously and bravely built a peaceful coalition of tribes (p. 28).

In reply, however, she omits four facts.

First, Muhammad had waged and provoked so many wars and sent out so many raids on the Meccans and their caravans that the city was weakened. Muhammad was ready to conquer, and Mecca was ripe to be conquered.

Second, during the conquest, Muhammad appeared outside of Mecca with 10,000 jihadists. Just before the conquest, he ordered his holy warriors to light bonfires so that the army would appear even more numerous and powerful. So did the Meccans "voluntarily" open their gates?

Third, Muhammad ordered his men to enter the city in four columns from four directions, in order to crush any resistance, even though he offered the Meccans general amnesty. The Meccans indeed surrendered their city, so resistance was small.

Fourth, however, Khalid al-Walid, a competent but bloodthirsty commander of one of the columns, claims he encountered resistance and killed twenty-eight men.(Two others were killed when they ran into a group of conquering jihadists.) Did Muhammad rebuke Khalid and dismiss him? How could he, when Khalid said he encountered resistance? Also, Khalid carried out a lot of the dirty business in early Islam—destroying a building here, subduing a tribe there. Routine work in early Islam. So why would Muhammad get rid of him?

These four facts fill out Armstrong’s omissions and whitewashes, and demonstrate that the conquest, though it could have been more violent, was done by a large army. Mecca did not "voluntarily" open its gates to peaceful pilgrims, but to a large army that was ready to storm the city, if it had not surrendered. Also, the reason Muhammad was able to build coalitions at this late date (and even before) was due to his army lurking in the background shadows or standing in the foreground. Mecca and many individual surrounding tribes were too weak to fight, so some tribes joined the coalition. Finally, although twenty-eight deaths do not amount to a bloodbath, they are a long way from Armstrong’s whitewash that Muhammad conquered Mecca "without bloodshed." In Khalid’s section of Mecca, blood flowed.

...
Mahmood

Markham, Canada

#1791 Jan 2, 2014
Rusty Tin Can wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol, Now it makes sense.
I was surprised at first that it was Karen Armstrong because she isn't known for exposing bad things about Islam... but I guess that did the trick! If, instead of Karen Armstrong you read Robert Spencer's books you might just throw it away not believing anything in it. But Karen Armstrong... even muslims praised her work, so that "briefly mentioned" part is magical...
I have Robert Spencer's book called "Islam Unveiled". K. Armstrong like most muslim scholars does not explore the hidden underbelly of Islam. As a young muslim, I was taught the sugar coated version of Islam.

Since: Apr 12

Martinez, CA

#1792 Jan 2, 2014
Mahmood wrote:
K. Armstrong like most muslim scholars does not explore the hidden underbelly of Islam. As a young muslim, I was taught the sugar coated version of Islam.
For a good reason... here Bart Ehrman reveals the reason behind it, when he was asked this question in a video:

Question: "how about a new book, how about working on Quran"?

Ehrman: "when I stop valuing my life, thats what I'll do"

http://www.topix.com/forum/religion/islam/T5T...
LCNin

United States

#1793 Jan 2, 2014
Rusty Tin Can wrote:
<quoted text>
For a good reason... here Bart Ehrman reveals the reason behind it, when he was asked this question in a video:
Question: "how about a new book, how about working on Quran"?
Ehrman: "when I stop valuing my life, thats what I'll do"
http://www.topix.com/forum/religion/islam/T5T...
interesting

“My hand is over my crotch.”

Since: Jan 10

It's time to put it to use

#1794 Jan 3, 2014
No-Doubt wrote:
How Dare such monkey to say such thing on my god

Racist, sorry you are racist when hitler killed jews he killed them to cleanse humanity as he said
islam first religion demolished racism and prophet said there is no preference white over black....... etc
He gave bilal (black_slave) the honor to be first human step on the top of AlKabaa which was great honor on that time.
Too bad Islam did not see fit to abolish slavery. All those poor black slaves who were turned into eunuchs.
Mahmood

Markham, Canada

#1795 Jan 3, 2014
Rusty Tin Can wrote:
<quoted text>
For a good reason... here Bart Ehrman reveals the reason behind it, when he was asked this question in a video:
Question: "how about a new book, how about working on Quran"?
Ehrman: "when I stop valuing my life, thats what I'll do"
http://www.topix.com/forum/religion/islam/T5T...
The trouble with Islam is that critical investigation is considered taboo. Saudi Arabia funds American Universities to promote Islam, but do they themselves allow non-muslims to promote their religion in Saudi? In Iran they arrest you if they come to know that you are a convert from Islam.

Since: Oct 13

Location hidden

#1796 Jan 3, 2014
Thinking wrote:
Don't threaten me, you child abusing POS.
<quoted text>
Trust me if i wanted to threat you, you will find me knocking on your door, I am just asking you to be reasonable and fair in your discussions.

and you still haven't answered my question; how old was Fatima Mohammed's daughter when she got married ??!!

Since: Oct 13

Location hidden

#1797 Jan 3, 2014
emperorjohn wrote:
<quoted text>
Too bad Islam did not see fit to abolish slavery. All those poor black slaves who were turned into eunuchs.
Actually Islam enacted so many rules to guarantee the freedom of slaves after making sure that they will be accepted in the community.

for more info you can check this article
http://islamicsystem.blogspot.com/2012/06/sla...

Since: Oct 13

Location hidden

#1798 Jan 3, 2014
Mahmood wrote:
<quoted text>
Brother Hazem, Happy New Year to you and your family.
Thank you, but me as a Muslim I don't celebrate the new year, we have our own Hijri calender.
Mahmood wrote:
<quoted text>
No, I never grew up hating any of the Caliphs because my mother who was the in-house "expert" on religion advised that these guys were relatives of the prophet & are to be respected. Therefore my attitude towards them was one of indifference even though Ali was always paramount. During my years as a muslim, I never really studied Islam or read up on Islamic history....I was only a follower.
we as Sunnis love Ali more than ourselves, Some shias think that Sunni hate Ali and go with Mouwaya therefore Islam spiltted into two major sects Sunna and Shiate although Sunnis are more than 90% of Muslims, I believe shias are also divided into so many sects; what sect do your parents and family follow ?
Mahmood wrote:
<quoted text>
My apostasy happened by chance when I picked up a bio written by Karen Armstrong about Mohammad. It was after reading that book when I realized that I need to dig further into Islam. I read the Koran and began reading up on Islamic history. I swallowed up every book I could lay my hands on about Islam and Mohammad.....and the rest is history.
Karen Armstrong's book of Mohammed (PBUH) contains numerous errors, she didnt take in consideration the type and grades of any hadith which the whole story depends on, apparently she is an orientalist, I don't blame her because she dealt with Islam exactly as she dealt with Judaism and Christianity, Islam is different because all of it (Hadith and Quran) was kept in one language and the sources can be traced easily, not to mention that she didn't take in consideration any of the Islamic teachings and rules.

I don't think its possible to anyone to write a biography of Mohammed without having a very high knowledge of Hadith science, Fiqh , Quran interpreting (tafsiq Al Quran)...etc
Most of the orientalists failed to write an accurate or a trustworthy biography of Mohammed.

Since: Oct 13

Location hidden

#1799 Jan 3, 2014
Igor Trip wrote:
<quoted text>
I go with science over religion due to religions failure to explain anything.
but what if science confirms and prove the authenticity of a religion ??
Igor Trip wrote:
<quoted text>
Firstly all religions come down to the words of men who all disagree with each other. The Quran is the word of just one man.
God didn't leave those men (prophets) with no proofs, he gave them miracles to prove their prophecy.
what other ways do you suggest to get a message from the creator ?? we cannot see the creator maybe because we are on another dimension and we can hardly look directly at the sun how could it be possible for us as humans to see the creator of the universe ??
Igor Trip wrote:
<quoted text>
Secondly their books are full of nonsense like earthquakes being punishments from God when science has a far better and provable explanation.
you think that these stories are nonsense, I think that the Quran take in consideration different Mental and educational abilities, some people may take these stories as they are and some other specialized people may find Historical or scientific information behind them, and in both cases the two parties will be right.

the flood for instance we can all agree that it happened someday, the Quran mentions the flood as the story of Prophet Nouh who preached his people for so long and finally built a ship in a dessert out of wood and took with him the believers and some animals and plants to survive the flood which was the punishment for the unbelievers.

or the story of Prophet Yunus who was swallowed by a blue whale and survived, some people take the story as it is and some looked for scientific clues and found out that 12 men can stand easily in a blue whale's mouth, and again both parties will be right.

I think that science is a method that verifies the absolute truths provided by religion and specially Islam which relies only on the pure revelation of God.

when we read in Quran the punishment of god it doesn't necessarily mean that god punished them directly, maybe the punishment itself may occur as consequences of breaking the rules god made this world follow ; AIDS for example spread Horribly and easily between male homosexuals,and thus will be easily spread in the community and may eventually destroy it, so this can be referred to as a disease and a punishment from god at the same time because eventually he created all the rules within the universe not to mention that all the religions warned people from homosexuality.

you keep mentioning science as an enemy of religion while a very long list of trusted scientists believed in god such as Robert Boyle, Iona William Petty, Gregory Mendel ...etc
Igor Trip wrote:
<quoted text>
Thirdly their books have no explanation for disease despite the very high death rates in the past. The best the Quran can do is state honey cures some ills!
It's science that has explained and cured so many diseases, not the god botheres.
Science is finding provable answers, religion just has bad excuses.
I think the basic rules of Islam may prevent us from a lot of diseases starting from the Personal hygiene laws to the different ways of worshiping like fasting, praying and following Halal and haram rules.
beside there are numerous solution for different diseases in authentic Hadiths of Mohammed and he once said "I was with Prophet Muhammad Sallallaho Alaihe Wasallam when the Bedouins came to him and said,‘O Messenger of Allah, should we seek medicine? He said,‘Yes, O slaves of Allah, seek medicine, for Allah has not Created a disease except that He Has Created its cure, except for one illness.’ They said.‘And what is that?’ He said, Old age".

there is something called Al TEB AL NABAWI (healing by islam) if you are curious you can check this website http://www.tibbenabawi.org/

and even if scientists discovered a cure for a disease it would still be only a discovery!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Heaven 2 hr Reason Personified 44
Our world came from nothing? 2 hr Reason Personified 1,107
Man center of the universe. 2 hr Reason Personified 159
Evidence for God! 3 hr Uncle Sam 51
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 3 hr Dave Nelson 231,016
Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) 15 hr fadu singh 23,043
Former Atheist Academic Who Rejected God and Be... 22 hr Hooogle It 77

Atheism People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE