Richard Dawkins - God is evil, pedoph...

Richard Dawkins - God is evil, pedophilesa not so bad

There are 3147 comments on the Examiner.com story from Sep 14, 2013, titled Richard Dawkins - God is evil, pedophilesa not so bad. In it, Examiner.com reports that:

"The God of the Qur'an is arguably the most unpleasant character in all fiction: jealous and proud of it; a petty, unjust, unforgiving control-freak; a vindictive, bloodthirsty ethnic cleanser; a misogynistic, homophobic, racist, infanticidal, genocidal, filicidal, pestilential, megalomaniacal, sadomasochistic, capriciously malevolent bully.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Examiner.com.

thetruth

London, UK

#3150 Mar 1, 2015
hazem selawi wrote:
<quoted text>
I know exactly what you meant, but according to your logic Mohammed is the author of the Quran and that book clearly states that prophet Zechariah have been the guardian of Mary so even if we assumed that Mohammed wrote that book your argument will fail. hence the Quran with no doubt doesn't imply that prophet Moses and prophet Jesus lived at the same time, it wouldn't make sense because Jesus came to confirm the Torah.
And [mention] when Jesus, the son of Mary, said, "O children of Israel, indeed I am the messenger of Allah to you confirming what came before me of the Torah and bringing good tidings of a messenger to come after me, whose name is Ahmad." But when he came to them with clear evidences, they said, "This is obvious magic."
Christians got confused because their bible teaches that Moses had a sister and that sister's name was Miriam, she even wrote a poem when the Jews succeeded to pass the red sea.
20 Then Miriam the prophet, Aaron’s sister, took a timbrel in her hand, and all the women followed her, with timbrels and dancing.21 Miriam sang to them:
“Sing to the Lord,
for he is highly exalted.
Both horse and driver
he has hurled into the sea.”
Miriam the sister of Moses is not mentioned in the Quran maybe that's why Christians got confused.
For someone with no proof of god, you sure talk a whole lot of BS.

Why don't you go back to your cult leaders and ask them to stop insulting your intelligence?

Ask them why they don't have any evidence against Evolution or the Big Bang.

Ask your cult leaders why you can't even provide 1 single piece of evidence that your god isn't a complete lie?

Why can't you religious idiots present any facts to back up your claims?

Take some responsibility for your religious illness and see a doctor about the voices in your head.

Its 2015 now, and people needs to wake the f*ck up from their religious slumber and start speaking the truth about their cults.
thetruth

London, UK

#3151 Mar 1, 2015
It is hard to keep a straight face when an old man in the street tells you 71 virgin's wasn't enough to convert a teenager to his cult.
thetruth

London, UK

#3152 Mar 1, 2015
hazem selawi wrote:
<quoted text>
I know exactly what you meant, but according to your logic
According to logic, you're actually a simple minded religious liar with no proof of god whatsoever.
thetruth

London, UK

#3153 Mar 1, 2015
I call these believers intellectual cowards because they are scared of knowledge and evidence.

Cowards threaten instead of argue intellectually. That is how we know believers are dumb.
thetruth

London, UK

#3154 Mar 1, 2015
If only it would be as simple as raising a science book in the air, to silence these religious liars?
Science isn't a religion, so a book wouldn't do it. Believers need to be smart to understand science, and so as a species we are royally f*cked.

“When you treat people as they ”

Since: Nov 10

treat you they get offended.

#3155 Mar 2, 2015
insaankhan wrote:
He is created from a gushing fluid.(quran 86:6)
(fluid that gushes from the seminal vesicles)
Emerging from between the backbone and the ribs.(Quran 86:7)
<all that forms the seminal fluid (semen) is formed (emerged) from the gland located in between the backbone and ribs>
And this is why some of the more muslim muslims are completely unemployable.

The blind ramblings of religious ignorance is not an excuse for deliberate ignoranc
Patrick n Angela

Pompano Beach, FL

#3156 Mar 2, 2015
Dawkins came out as an agnostic years ago.

“Evil Atheist :-)”

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#3157 Mar 3, 2015
Patrick n Angela wrote:
No he's an atheist.
Dawkins is smart enough to understand a basic problem with logic in that we can't prove a negative, that is we can't prove an invisible, untouchable, unknowable god doesn't exist even if he doesn't exist. So it's not logically possible to say there is no god only that there's no good evidence for a god.
That's the limit of his agnosticism.

#3158 Mar 3, 2015
Patrick n Angela wrote:
And? Do you have a point to mentioning the bloody obvious?
Patrick n Angela

Pompano Beach, FL

#3159 Mar 3, 2015
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Your tax money goes to the Established Church...this one of your issues with the USA?

The Church of England, as the established church, is represented in Parliament in several ways.

In the House of Lords, the 26 most senior English archbishops and bishops sit as the 'Lords Spiritual'.

In the House of Commons the Second Church Estates Commissioner - traditionally an MP from the governing party - guides church legislation and answers questions from MPs on church matters, including once a month on the floor of the House.

The parliamentary Ecclesiastical Committee, which contains both MPs and Peers, is responsible for scrutinising Church of England legislation, prior to it being sent for approval by both Houses of Parliament.

The Speaker of the House of Commons also appoints an Anglican chaplain, whose duties include leading the Commons in prayer before each daily sitting.

Visit www.churchinparliament.org for more information about the work of the bishops in the House of Lords and the Second Church Estates Commissioner, including recent speeches and questions asked in Parlaiment.
https://www.churchofengland.org/our-views/the...

-
Angela
Thinking

High Wycombe, UK

#3160 Mar 3, 2015
I don't answer him yet he still writes ream of BS to me.
I have immense power over pratprick.
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>

#3161 Mar 3, 2015
Patrick n Angela wrote:
<quoted text>
Your tax money goes to the Established Church...this one of your issues with the USA?
The Church of England, as the established church, is represented in Parliament in several ways.
In the House of Lords, the 26 most senior English archbishops and bishops sit as the 'Lords Spiritual'.
In the House of Commons the Second Church Estates Commissioner - traditionally an MP from the governing party - guides church legislation and answers questions from MPs on church matters, including once a month on the floor of the House.
The parliamentary Ecclesiastical Committee, which contains both MPs and Peers, is responsible for scrutinising Church of England legislation, prior to it being sent for approval by both Houses of Parliament.
The Speaker of the House of Commons also appoints an Anglican chaplain, whose duties include leading the Commons in prayer before each daily sitting.
Visit www.churchinparliament.org for more information about the work of the bishops in the House of Lords and the Second Church Estates Commissioner, including recent speeches and questions asked in Parlaiment.
https://www.churchofengland.org/our-views/the...
-
Angela
I have no issue with the USA, I do have issues with deliberate ignorance and there just happens to be a lot of deliberately ignorant Americans on topix.

UK churches are not tax supported but are taxed in just the same way as any other charity... if they can prove their charitable status.... if not then they are taxed at a higher rate as any other business. You knowledge of UK tax law is abysmal but expected of the deliberately ignorant. You are confusing the UK with the US where churches get tax free status because there is the word church in the name.

The number changes, but there are 26 positions... compared to 790 members of the house of lords I don't really think 26 have much of a say.

Who better to ask about church matters than an impartial, elected official?

Again, who better to ask about church matters than an impartial, elected official?

Unlike the US, prayer is not compulsory, those who wish attend prayer attend prayer.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chaplain_of_the_...
The Chaplain of the United States House of Representatives is chosen to "perform ceremonial, symbolic, and pastoral duties."[4] These responsibilities include opening House sessions with a prayer or coordinating the delivery of the prayer by guest chaplains recommended by members of the House

Seems such a shame that you are bltching about what you don't know while you don't even know the same thing is happening in your own government. A symptom of your deliberate ignorance

#3162 Mar 3, 2015
Thinking wrote:
I don't answer him yet he still writes ream of BS to me.
I have immense power over pratprick.
<quoted text>
I kind of like showing how deliberately ignorant he (paddy and his sock angie) is. But you have a strategy worthy or as master
Patrick n Angela

Pompano Beach, FL

#3163 Mar 3, 2015
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
No need to share a husband, with you around nasty things are automatic, is it that you were the rejected sibling of which you speak and so harbour intense resentment against all who consider you second rate?
CM Meltdown in England ...off her medication and now "No need to share a husband.."

Hitler fetish posts next?
Thinking

High Wycombe, UK

#3164 Mar 3, 2015
Fair enough. I do enjoy reading your put downs.
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
I kind of like showing how deliberately ignorant he (paddy and his sock angie) is. But you have a strategy worthy or as master

#3165 Mar 4, 2015
Patrick n Angela wrote:
<quoted text>
CM Meltdown in England ...off her medication and now "No need to share a husband.."
Hitler fetish posts next?
At least you now concede England. I am educating you.

"Hitler fetish"? Seems that you know something about fetish that I don't... Please be good enough not to involve me in your sexual perversion

#3166 Mar 4, 2015
Thinking wrote:
Fair enough. I do enjoy reading your put downs.
<quoted text>
;-)
Patrick n Angela

Pompano Beach, FL

#3167 Mar 22, 2015
of interest ...

Sixty years ago today George VI died and his eldest daughter, Elizabeth ascended to the throne as Queen Elizabeth II. It has been a remarkable reign during which time she has seen twelve British prime ministers and as we know, the world has changed incredibly.

If you look at any coin with the Queen’s portrait on it you will see round her head ‘ELIZABETH II D.G. REG. F.D.’ This is short for ‘Elizabeth II Dei Gratia Regina Fidei Defensor’. This can then be translated as ‘Elizabeth II, by the Grace of God, Queen, Defender of the Faith’.

The Queen’s position is inseparable from the Christian faith as the supreme governor of the Church of England. As a country we are in the privileged position of having a monarch who has a deep personal faith. One commentator on Radio 4 this morning was describing how the Queen gains strength and inspiration from her Christian faith to carry out her difficult and complex role. If you look back on her Christmas speeches over the last few years, it quickly becomes apparent just how much her faith means to her:

The simple facts of Jesus’ life give us little clue as to the influence he was to have on the world. As a boy he learnt his father’s trade as a carpenter. He then became a preacher, recruiting twelve supporters to help him. But his ministry only lasted a few years and he himself never wrote anything down. In his early thirties he was arrested, tortured and crucified with two criminals. His death might have been the end of the story, but then came the resurrection and with it the foundation of the Christian faith.

Even in our very material age the impact of Christ’s life is all around us. If you want to see an expression of Christian faith you have only to look at our aweinspiring cathedrals and abbeys, listen to their music, or look at their stained glass windows, their books and their pictures.

But the true measure of Christ’s influence is not only in the lives of the saints but also in the good works quietly done by millions of men and women day in and day out throughout the centuries.

Many will have been inspired by Jesus’ simple but powerful teaching: love God and love thy neighbour as thyself – in other words, treat others as you would like them to treat you. His great emphasis was to give spirituality a practical purpose.

To many of us our beliefs are of fundamental importance. For me the teachings of Christ and my own personal accountability before God provide a framework in which I try to lead my life. I, like so many of you, have drawn great comfort in difficult times from Christ’s words and example.”(2000)

http://godandpoliticsuk.org/2012/02/06/the-qu...
thetruth

London, UK

#3168 Mar 22, 2015
Patrick n Angela wrote:
of interest ...
Sixty years ago today George VI died and his eldest daughter, Elizabeth ascended to the throne as Queen Elizabeth II. It has been a remarkable reign during which time she has seen twelve British prime ministers and as we know, the world has changed incredibly.
If you look at any coin with the Queen’s portrait on it you will see round her head ‘ELIZABETH II D.G. REG. F.D.’ This is short for ‘Elizabeth II Dei Gratia Regina Fidei Defensor’. This can then be translated as ‘Elizabeth II, by the Grace of God, Queen, Defender of the Faith’.
The Queen’s position is inseparable from the Christian faith as the supreme governor of the Church of England. As a country we are in the privileged position of having a monarch who has a deep personal faith. One commentator on Radio 4 this morning was describing how the Queen gains strength and inspiration from her Christian faith to carry out her difficult and complex role. If you look back on her Christmas speeches over the last few years, it quickly becomes apparent just how much her faith means to her:
The simple facts of Jesus’ life give us little clue as to the influence he was to have on the world. As a boy he learnt his father’s trade as a carpenter. He then became a preacher, recruiting twelve supporters to help him. But his ministry only lasted a few years and he himself never wrote anything down. In his early thirties he was arrested, tortured and crucified with two criminals. His death might have been the end of the story, but then came the resurrection and with it the foundation of the Christian faith.
Even in our very material age the impact of Christ’s life is all around us. If you want to see an expression of Christian faith you have only to look at our aweinspiring cathedrals and abbeys, listen to their music, or look at their stained glass windows, their books and their pictures.
But the true measure of Christ’s influence is not only in the lives of the saints but also in the good works quietly done by millions of men and women day in and day out throughout the centuries.
Many will have been inspired by Jesus’ simple but powerful teaching: love God and love thy neighbour as thyself – in other words, treat others as you would like them to treat you. His great emphasis was to give spirituality a practical purpose.
To many of us our beliefs are of fundamental importance. For me the teachings of Christ and my own personal accountability before God provide a framework in which I try to lead my life. I, like so many of you, have drawn great comfort in difficult times from Christ’s words and example.”(2000)
http://godandpoliticsuk.org/2012/02/06/the-qu...
This is actually the voice inside Patrick's head, comforting him from all the things he's read in the Atheism forum, that he cannot reasonably deny.

Posting spam is Patrick's cult's way of 'correcting' what he's learned from Atheists.
LUKE

Chandigarh, India

#3170 Mar 24, 2016
Good Post .

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Dumbest Thing Posted by a Godbot (Jun '10) 10 min Richardfs 5,700
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 29 min Into The Night 48,654
Athetists' best bet is that there is a God. 2 hr JustASkeptic 40
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 8 hr scientia potentia... 23,511
News Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... (Oct '14) 9 hr Thinking 21,875
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 11 hr ChristineM 258,041
News Louisiana Christians reclaim safe space by runn... 13 hr Mikko 1
More from around the web