Richard Dawkins - God is evil, pedophilesa not so bad

Sep 14, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Examiner.com

"The God of the Qur'an is arguably the most unpleasant character in all fiction: jealous and proud of it; a petty, unjust, unforgiving control-freak; a vindictive, bloodthirsty ethnic cleanser; a misogynistic, homophobic, racist, infanticidal, genocidal, filicidal, pestilential, megalomaniacal, sadomasochistic, capriciously malevolent bully.

Comments
3,021 - 3,031 of 3,031 Comments Last updated May 21, 2014
First Prev
of 152
Next Last

“Evil Atheist :-)”

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3136
May 4, 2014
 

Judged:

1

1

1

hazem selawi wrote:
<quoted text>
but the verse says ahsanat farjahaaa not ahsanat furuj, remember the word Wajadaha ??
"ha" here refers to Mary, and I don't know why you are defending the Bible ..!! have you seen Jesus recently in a dream ??
You posted "Furuj the plural of FARJ is mentioned in numerous verses such as : 21:91..."

Farjahaaa is still a reference to her private parts which seems a bit crude for a holy book.

Since: Oct 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3137
May 4, 2014
 
Igor Trip wrote:
<quoted text>
You posted "Furuj the plural of FARJ is mentioned in numerous verses such as : 21:91..."
Farjahaaa is still a reference to her private parts which seems a bit crude for a holy book.
I can assure that the term Farj, furuj or whatever according to the Quran language and way of preaching is not crude at all, lets just take a look at a very important chapter in the Quran, its called the chapter of believers (Surat Al-Mu'min&#363;n)

Certainly will the believers have succeeded, They who are during their prayer humbly submissive, And they who turn away from ill speech, And they who are observant of zakah, And they who guard their private parts Except from their wives .....

23:1-6

you can easily notice that the first verses of this chapter is basically congratulating those believers who do all the good deeds and finally who guard their private parts (furuj), can you imagine that Even Zakat which is one of the 5 pillars of Islam is mentioned side by side to guarding virginity but of course except from the wives.

so the Quran is simply telling us that Mary was one of the believers, by Saying ahsanat farjaha guarded her virginity or private parts the quran confirms that Mary was devout, a good woman and a true believer.

if the Quran used such a term Ahsanat farjaha only on Mary I would agree with you, but taking in consideration other locations of using the same words prove to us that the Quran is just making an innocent point.

“Evil Atheist :-)”

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3138
May 5, 2014
 

Judged:

1

1

1

hazem selawi wrote:
<quoted text>
I can assure that the term Farj, furuj or whatever according to the Quran language and way of preaching is not crude at all, lets just take a look at a very important chapter in the Quran, its called the chapter of believers (Surat Al-Mu'min&#363;n)
Certainly will the believers have succeeded, They who are during their prayer humbly submissive, And they who turn away from ill speech, And they who are observant of zakah, And they who guard their private parts Except from their wives .....
23:1-6
you can easily notice that the first verses of this chapter is basically congratulating those believers who do all the good deeds and finally who guard their private parts (furuj), can you imagine that Even Zakat which is one of the 5 pillars of Islam is mentioned side by side to guarding virginity but of course except from the wives.
so the Quran is simply telling us that Mary was one of the believers, by Saying ahsanat farjaha guarded her virginity or private parts the quran confirms that Mary was devout, a good woman and a true believer.
if the Quran used such a term Ahsanat farjaha only on Mary I would agree with you, but taking in consideration other locations of using the same words prove to us that the Quran is just making an innocent point.
And a man's private parts are his what?
It still sounds crude to me. It's still no better than the Bibles verse.

You missed off the last part of that verse.

21:6 Except with those joined to them in the marriage bond, or (the captives) whom their right hands possess,- for (in their case) they are free from blame,

“Evil Atheist :-)”

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3139
May 5, 2014
 

Judged:

1

1

1

hazem selawi wrote:
<quoted text>
Even if there was no such hadith, we are quite certain that Mary was at the time of Zechariah so it will be illogical to claim that Mary was the actual sister of Moses and his brother Harun.
But did Muhammad know that?

Since: Oct 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3142
May 5, 2014
 
Igor Trip wrote:
<quoted text>
But did Muhammad know that?
of course he did, because it the Quran states that Mary lived at the time of prophet Zechariah, and yes regarding the hadith you brought up those christians probably converted to Islam, because it is universally accepted that most if not all the people of middle east were christians but look at them now, they now hardly make 5% of the population.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christianity_in_...

you may say something like; but Mohammed forced them to convert to Islam and I'll simply prove to you from Quran and Sunnah that there is no compulsion in religion..!!

you may again claim that christians converted to Islam only not to pay Jizzyah, and I will again prove to you that poor christians are not supposed to pay Jizzyah in the first place and if they were rich they would still have to pay zakkah, Islam simply covers every aspect of life in a way that guarantees justice, mercy and dignity not only to humans but also to the environment, animals and even insects.

Since: Oct 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3143
May 5, 2014
 
sorry it seems an error occurred , my posts are being repeated

“Evil Atheist :-)”

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3144
May 6, 2014
 

Judged:

1

1

1

hazem selawi wrote:
<quoted text>
of course he did, because it the Quran states that Mary lived at the time of prophet Zechariah, and yes regarding the hadith you brought up those christians probably converted to Islam, because it is universally accepted that most if not all the people of middle east were christians but look at them now, they now hardly make 5% of the population.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christianity_in_...
No I meant did Muhammad know Moses and Jesus lived hundreds of years apart or did he just get the stories confused?
Mujahid

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3145
May 6, 2014
 

Judged:

1

1

1

No-Doubt wrote:
<quoted text>
Is that an excuse
Thomas Jefferson read the Noble Quran before he composed the US Constitution.

Since: Oct 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3146
May 6, 2014
 
Igor Trip wrote:
<quoted text>
No I meant did Muhammad know Moses and Jesus lived hundreds of years apart or did he just get the stories confused?
I know exactly what you meant, but according to your logic Mohammed is the author of the Quran and that book clearly states that prophet Zechariah have been the guardian of Mary so even if we assumed that Mohammed wrote that book your argument will fail. hence the Quran with no doubt doesn't imply that prophet Moses and prophet Jesus lived at the same time, it wouldn't make sense because Jesus came to confirm the Torah.

And [mention] when Jesus, the son of Mary, said, "O children of Israel, indeed I am the messenger of Allah to you confirming what came before me of the Torah and bringing good tidings of a messenger to come after me, whose name is Ahmad." But when he came to them with clear evidences, they said, "This is obvious magic."

Christians got confused because their bible teaches that Moses had a sister and that sister's name was Miriam, she even wrote a poem when the Jews succeeded to pass the red sea.

20 Then Miriam the prophet, Aaron’s sister, took a timbrel in her hand, and all the women followed her, with timbrels and dancing.21 Miriam sang to them:
“Sing to the Lord,
for he is highly exalted.
Both horse and driver
he has hurled into the sea.”

Miriam the sister of Moses is not mentioned in the Quran maybe that's why Christians got confused.

“talk to the kitteh”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3147
May 6, 2014
 
hazem selawi wrote:
<quoted text>
I cannot say that I met a polygamist either, and of course the husband cannot be entirely equal because you know that sometimes one cannot control his feelings, but a Muslim polygamist should treat all of his wives equally, for instance you cannot buy a specific wife a luxurious house and throw others in a small flat, it is also prohibited to spend more time with some wife &#1608; because the Quran clearly says "....... But if you fear that you will not be just, then [marry only] one ...... " 4:3
It's not all that different than any other situation where several love one, but one has different levels of caring for the several, like with a parent favoring one child over the others. It causes resentment in the less favored. If I was forced to share a husband I was enamored with,... very nasty things would start happening very quickly.

“I started out with nothing”

Since: Nov 10

and still got most of it left

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3148
May 21, 2014
 

Judged:

1

1

1

nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>It's not all that different than any other situation where several love one, but one has different levels of caring for the several, like with a parent favoring one child over the others. It causes resentment in the less favored. If I was forced to share a husband I was enamored with,... very nasty things would start happening very quickly.
No need to share a husband, with you around nasty things are automatic, is it that you were the rejected sibling of which you speak and so harbour intense resentment against all who consider you second rate?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 152
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••