Richard Dawkins - God is evil, pedoph...

Richard Dawkins - God is evil, pedophilesa not so bad

There are 3049 comments on the Examiner.com story from Sep 14, 2013, titled Richard Dawkins - God is evil, pedophilesa not so bad. In it, Examiner.com reports that:

"The God of the Qur'an is arguably the most unpleasant character in all fiction: jealous and proud of it; a petty, unjust, unforgiving control-freak; a vindictive, bloodthirsty ethnic cleanser; a misogynistic, homophobic, racist, infanticidal, genocidal, filicidal, pestilential, megalomaniacal, sadomasochistic, capriciously malevolent bully.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Examiner.com.

Since: Oct 13

Location hidden

#3055 Apr 7, 2014
Thinking wrote:
If islam is not authoritarian then it's OK if you leave islam and call mohammed a bell end.
<quoted text>
I don't get it, why would I leave Islam to prove to you that Islam is not authoritarian ...!! Nobody forced me to be a muslim in the first place and certainly there is nobody putting a sword on my nick to stay a muslim.

Location hidden

#3056 Apr 7, 2014
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>Light is everywhere. You just can't see all of it with the naked eye.
Darkness only exists in the mind.
I am sorry, I don't get your point ?

“I'm out hunting”

Since: Jan 10

For your mind and soul

#3057 Apr 7, 2014
hazem selawi wrote:
<quoted text>

and how exactly would the U.S government would deal with me if I started to convince people not to pay taxes and not to abide to the state laws ??!!
have you ever heard about the law of Sedition ??? or are you just blind ??
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sedition#United_...
after all it turned out that freedom of speech even in your country have limits.
As I said to Christine, you seem unable to distinguish between apostasy and paying taxes.Being an apostate has nothing to do with not paying taxes. One can leave the Church of England and still pay British taxes. The reality is that you deliberately mix up up the two so that you can portray Apostates as lawless people so that you can justify being bigoted.

“I'm out hunting”

Since: Jan 10

For your mind and soul

#3058 Apr 7, 2014
hazem selawi wrote:
<quoted text>
me and emporerjohn were having a discussion about polygamy, lets assume that it was legal and a common thing in your country, would you care to have more than one husband ??
I said that women will never care to get more than one husband, do you agree with that ??
The point isn't whether or not women would want it or not. The issue is fairness. Women should have all the rights that men have.
Thinking

Sturminster Newton, UK

#3059 Apr 7, 2014
So muslims pray five times a day and break toilet seats because islam is not authoritarian.
hazem selawi wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't get it, why would I leave Islam to prove to you that Islam is not authoritarian ...!! Nobody forced me to be a muslim in the first place and certainly there is nobody putting a sword on my nick to stay a muslim.

Location hidden

#3060 Apr 7, 2014
Igor Trip wrote:
Define dead.
Presumably it's only the spirit that goes to hell, not the body. So the body coul die but according to you guys the spirit lives on.
You should watch the movie, you'll be shocked because nearly non of the movie is actually from the Bible, they added so many extra details.
By dead I mean completely dead, no longer alive.
But if jesus died in anyway then his miracle wouldn't be like the miracle of jonah at all, because according to the bible Jonah survived and never died in the belly of the whale.
Igor Trip wrote:
Why does anyone visit a grave? To grieve of course.
It wouldn't be surprising if she failed to recognise Jesus if she was to absorbed in her grief to look people in the eye would it?
And it's a made up story anyway.
<quoted text>
Rubbishing the Gospels is easy.
But the bible says that Mary went to anoint Jesus, and jews never anoint the dead peopl,e specially Not after 3 days and 3 nights ...!!!
Some christians claim that mary went to remove the body and put it somewhere else, but how could a woman by herself move a body weighs at least 180 Lbs, never mind where was she taking Jesus ?!
And why the hell couldn't she recognize Jesus ?! She thought that he was the gardener, why would anyone who Just raised from death look like a gardener ?!
You get it wrong brother, I wasn't rubishing the Bible, i think the Bible is trying to tell us something which is Jesus never died and he was wearing the gardener uniform In order to trick the jews because if they saw that he was stil alive they would try to kill him again, remember that he was the one who said to jews that his miracle or sign would be like jonah's sign.

Location hidden

#3061 Apr 7, 2014
Thinking wrote:
So muslims pray five times a day and break toilet seats because islam is not authoritarian.
<quoted text>
We pray because we want to pray, I personally love praying more than doing anything else..!! And again nobdoy is forcing me to pray its actually exactly the opposite.

Who breaks toilet seats ?! Believe it or not We invented toilets.

Location hidden

#3062 Apr 7, 2014
emperorjohn wrote:
<quoted text>
As I said to Christine, you seem unable to distinguish between apostasy and paying taxes.Being an apostate has nothing to do with not paying taxes. One can leave the Church of England and still pay British taxes. The reality is that you deliberately mix up up the two so that you can portray Apostates as lawless people so that you can justify being bigoted.
In islam its different, because paying zakat (taxes) to the poor and needy is one of the 5 pillars of Islam, so it's connected.

But if you don't refuse to pay zakat, how would anyone know that you apostated ?!
Thinking

Sturminster Newton, UK

#3063 Apr 7, 2014
Not. Toilets were found here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indus_Valley_Civ...
hazem selawi wrote:
<quoted text>
Believe it or not We invented toilets.

Location hidden

#3064 Apr 7, 2014
emperorjohn wrote:
<quoted text>
The point isn't whether or not women would want it or not. The issue is fairness. Women should have all the rights that men have.
Would it be fair if I told you that you should breatfeed your son for two years ?!
My point is that you cannot allow people to do what they cannot handle, let's be logical, some women wouldn't mind sharing a husband, some even say it would be nice to have a new friend, the statistics say that women in america are way more than men.
So if you allowed a woman to have more than one husband you would be actually unfair to her, I think making men and women completely equal will cause unfairness, have you read about sexual harrasments in the american army ?! Do you know how many girl get raped in the army ?!
We should admit that there are lots of differences between males and females, we are not saying that males are better than females or vice versa, males and females complete each other.

In my opinion there are certain Jobs that women shouldn't do, and women certainly cannot handle living with more than one husband, you wouldn't share your girlfriend and men could never accept sharing their wives with another husbands.

Location hidden

#3065 Apr 7, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
Alabama vs. Notre Dame.
At 3:07; number 72, right side of screen.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =ItUpQO4033IXX
is that you ?? player No. 72 ??
check 5:40 you beat the sh!t out of that Notre dame player and again 6:07.

hahaha what a game

“Is that all you've got?”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#3066 Apr 7, 2014
hazem selawi wrote:
<quoted text>
Would it be fair if I told you that you should breatfeed your son for two years ?!
My point is that you cannot allow people to do what they cannot handle, let's be logical, some women wouldn't mind sharing a husband, some even say it would be nice to have a new friend, the statistics say that women in america are way more than men.
So if you allowed a woman to have more than one husband you would be actually unfair to her, I think making men and women completely equal will cause unfairness, have you read about sexual harrasments in the american army ?! Do you know how many girl get raped in the army ?!
We should admit that there are lots of differences between males and females, we are not saying that males are better than females or vice versa, males and females complete each other.
In my opinion there are certain Jobs that women shouldn't do, and women certainly cannot handle living with more than one husband, you wouldn't share your girlfriend and men could never accept sharing their wives with another husbands.
If you can have two or wives then you should also allow women to have more than one husband if they want to. You cannot reasonably claim that one type of polygamy is better than another.

BTW, emperor john is gay and is likely doing quite a bit of sexual "sharing", so your argument is totally wasted on him.

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#3067 Apr 7, 2014
hazem selawi wrote:
<quoted text>
we do live more than one life, I do agree with you.
you are a trouble maker or at least used to be, for me I don't have any problem with trouble makers, I actually like trouble makers I myself was a well known trouble maker everywhere in my country, I got expelled from 3 different schools, I spent some time in jail, and believe me you don't want to spend a minute in a third world country prison.
Anyways I reached a point when I realized that no matter how tough you are there will always be Someone bigger, stronger, tougher, faster, smarter, more attractive, more artistic than you, Even if you took over the whole world by away or another someday you'll meet the creator who is supposed to be JUST, and only he can give people back their rights.
what if someone killed or hurt a family member of yours and you couldn't do anything about it ??!! is that the end ??
my point is that the existence of hell is necessary for justice purposes, it would be completely irrational to claim that God is JUST if he didn't grant victory to the oppressed, not only people have rights but also Animals and all of the living creatures.
for instance I once read an article about an English woman who put her cat in the microwave and burned it to death...!!!
some people rape, kill, torture, cheat and steal, thus if hell didn't exist then there is no god, because if there was no hell then there would be no justice and a god cannot be unjust.
At the same time Islam doesn't close the door on those people who behaved badly, they will always have the choice to repent and do good.
Hell is a made up fear tactic.

No just god could allow a hell to exist. It would make God the essence of cruelty and injustice.

Nobody asked to be created with the tendency to sin and be placed in contact with opportunities to sin, then be tortured forever for doing what God knew they would do.

I would not do that to a dog.

If there is a hell, God is less moral than me.

Even worse is the doctrine of being born with original sin, which would mean God created people but can't stomach them the way he created them.

It's nonsense, Hazel. A judging god who punishes was made up from the pattern of earthly kings.

It's amazing that it caught on. Superstition dies hard. The world would be better if nobody ever saw a church, temple, or mosque.

It's also a waste of good real estate.

Absolutely Salami, man.

“Is that all you've got?”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#3068 Apr 7, 2014
Oops. Make that, "..two or more wives...".

“Evil Atheist :-)”

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#3069 Apr 8, 2014
hazem selawi wrote:
<quoted text>
You should watch the movie, you'll be shocked because nearly non of the movie is actually from the Bible, they added so many extra details.
Hollywood has always 'improved' on stories so no I wouldn't be shocked.
hazem selawi wrote:
By dead I mean completely dead, no longer alive.
No you don't. As an atheist I believe death is the end, but you believe it's just the beginning of eternal life.
So Jesus spirit was never dead.
hazem selawi wrote:
But if jesus died in anyway then his miracle wouldn't be like the miracle of jonah at all, because according to the bible Jonah survived and never died in the belly of the whale.
Well the Bible says Jesus came back after three days, so that's close enough for most people.
hazem selawi wrote:
But the bible says that Mary went to anoint Jesus, and jews never anoint the dead people specially Not after 3 days and 3 nights ...!!!
People do weird things and break the rules all the time.
You can never base an argument on people being rational:-)
hazem selawi wrote:
Some christians claim that mary went to remove the body and put it somewhere else, but how could a woman by herself move a body weighs at least 180 Lbs, never mind where was she taking Jesus ?!
And why the hell couldn't she recognize Jesus ?! She thought that he was the gardener, why would anyone who Just raised from death look like a gardener ?!
How often have you passed people you know without recognising them until they say hello simply because you were too lost in your own thoughts? That happens to me all the time.
hazem selawi wrote:
You get it wrong brother, I wasn't rubishing the Bible, i think the Bible is trying to tell us something which is Jesus never died and he was wearing the gardener uniform In order to trick the jews because if they saw that he was stil alive they would try to kill him again, remember that he was the one who said to jews that his miracle or sign would be like jonah's sign.
The Gospels clearly state Jesus died.

Matthew 27:50 Jesus, when he had cried again with a loud voice, yielded up the ghost.
http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/...
Mark 15:37 And Jesus cried with a loud voice, and gave up the ghost.
Luke 46:46 And when Jesus had cried with a loud voice, he said, Father, into thy hands I commend my spirit: and having said thus, he gave up the ghost.
John 19:30 When Jesus therefore had received the vinegar, he said, It is finished: and he bowed his head, and gave up the ghost.

If Jesus was disguised as a gardener then it's not surprising that Mary didn't recognise him is it?
Mahmood

Markham, Canada

#3070 Apr 8, 2014
hazem selawi wrote:
<quoted text>
you got it wrong brother Mahmoud, Allah saved the good people.
Anyways is there light ?? can you prove the existence of light ?
I think we can both agree that there is light everywhere , you can even generate light, you can buy a bunch of light bulbs on your way back to home.
but is there darkness ?? can you test darkness or can you at least buy me darkness ??!!
the darkness is only the absence of light, and the same thing goes for good and Evil, there is no Evil because Evil is only the absence of good.
look at our modern world problems and you'll realize that there is no Evil its always the absence of good.
Are you telling that all those who perished in the flood - the old, infirm, the blind, the deaf, the mentally disabled, & infants were all bad?

Location hidden

#3071 Apr 8, 2014
Igor Trip wrote:
<quoted text>
Hollywood has always 'improved' on stories so no I wouldn't be shocked.
But they don't have the right to add details on one of the most important stories which is followed, practiced and appreciated by billions of people.
Igor Trip wrote:
<quoted text>
No you don't. As an atheist I believe death is the end, but you believe it's just the beginning of eternal life.
So Jesus spirit was never dead.
As a Muslim I do believe that there is also some sort of life after death and before the judgment day, so no its not completely the beginning of eternal life, the eternal life starts after the judgment day.

we cannot say Jesus died and at the same time claim that Jesus sign will be like Jonah's sign, because Jonah never died in anyway and that was my original point.
Igor Trip wrote:
<quoted text>
Well the Bible says Jesus came back after three days, so that's close enough for most people.
People do weird things and break the rules all the time.
You can never base an argument on people being rational:-)
How often have you passed people you know without recognising them until they say hello simply because you were too lost in your own thoughts? That happens to me all the time.
you have to remember that we are supposed to be dealing with scriptures, we cannot simply treat those scriptures like any ordinary book, besides according to Paul if Jesus never raised from the dead Christianity will fall apart and would be nonsense because according to their story if Jesus never woke up then Jews would be right and thus Jesus would be a blasphemer.

But the Quran story is more accurate and fits perfectly

"And [for] their saying, "Indeed, we have killed the Messiah, Jesus, the son of Mary, the messenger of Allah ." And they did not kill him, nor did they crucify him; but [another] was made to resemble him to them. And indeed, those who differ over it are in doubt about it. They have no knowledge of it except the following of assumption. And they did not kill him, for certain. " 4:157

there are two opinions regarding this issue, some scholars say that it looked like Jesus was killed and crucified but in fact never died, you have to take in consideration that it is scientifically proved that crucifixion sometimes takes from hours to days in order for one to die, crucifixion isn't necessarily done by nails, Jews sometimes at that time used robes instead of nails.

the other opinion explains that another man was made to look like Jesus and was crucified and killed instead of Jesus himself, but nowadays modern Muslim scholars like Ahmad Deedat and Shabir ally are more comfortable with the first opinion.
Igor Trip wrote:
<quoted text>
The Gospels clearly state Jesus died.
Matthew 27:50 Jesus, when he had cried again with a loud voice, yielded up the ghost.
Mark 15:37 And Jesus cried with a loud voice, and gave up the ghost.
Luke 46:46 And when Jesus had cried with a loud voice, he said, Father, into thy hands I commend my spirit: and having said thus, he gave up the ghost.
John 19:30 When Jesus therefore had received the vinegar, he said, It is finished: and he bowed his head, and gave up the ghost.
If Jesus was disguised as a gardener then it's not surprising that Mary didn't recognise him is it?
those verses may actually prove the first opinion, such sayings could be said by Jesus to deceive the Jews or maybe that man who looked like Jesus simply said those words before he died or such statements never happened because after all we are dont believe that the bible is entirely the word of god since it was translated many times and from different languages.

Location hidden

#3072 Apr 8, 2014
Mahmood wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you telling that all those who perished in the flood - the old, infirm, the blind, the deaf, the mentally disabled, & infants were all bad?
that is your own conclusion, the Quran doesn't say anything about killing the old, infirm, the blind.....etc

Noah spent 950 years preaching his people, but they chose to live in darkness and corruption, period.

Location hidden

#3073 Apr 8, 2014
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>If you can have two or wives then you should also allow women to have more than one husband if they want to. You cannot reasonably claim that one type of polygamy is better than another.
BTW, emperor john is gay and is likely doing quite a bit of sexual "sharing", so your argument is totally wasted on him.
you are not being rational, according to your logic if you want to make all people equal then you should legalize murdering, raping and torturing because after all a serial killer would love to kill and a rapist would also have the right to rape.

its not a matter of feelings and just allowing everybody to do whatever he/she desires to do, we shouldn't let our feelings overcome rationality and justice.

we cannot deny that men are more violent than women, of course there are men more sensitive than women, But in general all the statistics prove to us that men are usually more violent, not to mention the big differences between the psychology of men and women, so if you allowed women to have more than one husband that wouldn't create justice and/or fairness in anyway, its more likely to cause the exact opposite.

Location hidden

#3074 Apr 8, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
Hell is a made up fear tactic.
No just god could allow a hell to exist. It would make God the essence of cruelty and injustice.
Nobody asked to be created with the tendency to sin and be placed in contact with opportunities to sin, then be tortured forever for doing what God knew they would do.
I would not do that to a dog.
If there is a hell, God is less moral than me.
Even worse is the doctrine of being born with original sin, which would mean God created people but can't stomach them the way he created them.
It's nonsense, Hazel. A judging god who punishes was made up from the pattern of earthly kings.
It's amazing that it caught on. Superstition dies hard. The world would be better if nobody ever saw a church, temple, or mosque.
It's also a waste of good real estate.
Absolutely Salami, man.
I Just read that article you previously posted, "king will again try a new life" ....!!!
what an amazing story, you had an opportunity to do something but unfortunately you tested positive in a drug test, after that your coach Curry gave you another chance and told you to straight things up and come back to the team but you completely blew your second chance when you again tested positive in a drug test ..!!

I am not saying that one cannot straight his things up at anytime, but dude you kept going back to wrong path, no matter how chances you got you kept going back..!!

God didn't create hell to send people to it, he gives you freedom of choice and send you signs again and again but some people just insist on going to hell, what happened with you should be a very hard lesson in order to wake up, its like god is telling you doing bad deeds will always lead to destruction, it seems like you still didn't learn from your lesson since you are house arrested.

are you familiar with the bug zapper ??! I think hell is just like the bug zapper but for people, have you ever watched a bug going directly to the bug zapper ?? no matter how hard you try to prevent bugs from going there they wouldn't listen, for them the light is outstanding and they just cannot resist it, we as humans know that drugs may kill us but that doesn't stop us from trying it, we just cannot resist the joy and happiness of taking drugs although such a behavior may ruin our lives and lead us to death ...!!!

prophet Mohammed (PBUH) told us that Your feet will not move from their spot on the day of judgment until you are asked four questions:

-The first question is: Your life, how did you spend it?

-The second question: How did you use your knowledge?

-The third question will be about your money. You will be asked two questions about your money: how did you gain it and how did you spend it?

-Finally, the last question will be: How did you use your body? Allah gave you the strength. You are not the inventor of your power; Allah gave you your body as a trust. Did you put your strong body to use or did you consume that body in the sake of Allah and optimize it to the extreme? This is a blessing from god, and we will be asked of how we used it.

what would be your answers for those questions ???!
How did you use your strong body ?? Did you use your strong body to defend the weak and needy ?? or did you just beat people for drugs and money ??? how did you spend your life ?? did you spend it in doing drugs although you are quite certain it could ruin your life ??

http://mujahid4all.blogspot.com/2012/10/the-f...

consider it as a wake up call, Don't get me wrong I am on your side.

Absolute Salami big brother

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... (Oct '14) 17 min Knowledge- 12,676
News As an atheist, how do I maintain my relationshi... 19 min Eagle 12 22
News Atheism, the Bible and sexual orientation 28 min Eagle 12 8
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 1 hr dollarsbill 247,445
Proof of God for the Atheist 2 hr Shizle 126
News In America, atheists are still in the closet (Apr '12) 2 hr -Stray Dog 47,807
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) 7 hr ChristineM 2,353
More from around the web