Richard Dawkins - God is evil, pedoph...

Richard Dawkins - God is evil, pedophilesa not so bad

There are 3147 comments on the Examiner.com story from Sep 14, 2013, titled Richard Dawkins - God is evil, pedophilesa not so bad. In it, Examiner.com reports that:

"The God of the Qur'an is arguably the most unpleasant character in all fiction: jealous and proud of it; a petty, unjust, unforgiving control-freak; a vindictive, bloodthirsty ethnic cleanser; a misogynistic, homophobic, racist, infanticidal, genocidal, filicidal, pestilential, megalomaniacal, sadomasochistic, capriciously malevolent bully.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Examiner.com.

Since: Oct 13

Location hidden

#2982 Apr 1, 2014
Mujahid means COWARD wrote:
<quoted text>
My belief in an unknown higher power is certainly more rational than a belief in a god who encourages marriage to six year olds, rape of female prisoners, murder of apostates and blasphemers, and general maltreatment of women. To believe in a god like THAT is to put your belief in an obviously false god. Which is what YOU are doing. Your murderous, lying god is inferior to any sense or image of a TRUE god. And anyone is capable of seeing this...anyone that's not brainwashed by the cult of islam, that is
the stupidest thing I've ever read, get your information from reliable sources or Just ask Muslims about their religion.

so tell me what happens when you die according to your new religion ??

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#2983 Apr 1, 2014
hazem selawi wrote:
<quoted text>
yes of course stoning to death is a peaceful execution, the problem my friend is that you are not thinking out of the box, and you are only looking from a particular angle.
stoning to death in Islam can be applied under proper sharia law (its a very wide subject , maybe we can discuss it later), and can only be applied after a full confession by the convicted or by 4 Eye witnesses and of course its the punishment for having sex outside marriage, if you weren't married; committed adultery and was proved so by whether confession and/or 4 witnesses you'll only get 100 light lashes in public.
you would probably say what a cruel and barbaric law, and all I can tell you is that to look at the number of illegitimate childs
In 2007, nearly 40 percent of babies born in the United States were delivered by unwed mothers. In Europe, the average has risen from one out of four in 1997 to one out of three children born outside wedlock. Figures in Europe range from 5% in Greece and 9% in Cyprus to 58% in Estonia and 64% in Iceland. In Britain the rate is 46%; Ireland is 33.2%.
lets just think of those tens of millions of children who were brought to this life with no families, have you visited an orphanage recently??!!
not to mention the numerous social complications adultery may bring to families, STDS, murders, Divorce, depression....etc
Hi Hazel.

I hate to break this to ye, ole pal, but any religion or government that would allow stoning for having sex outside marriage should be eradicated from the face of the planet.

By any means necessary. Nuclear or otherwise.

Such people do not deserve to breath the same air as the rest of us.

And this comes from a guy - Buck B. Crick - who is the most tolerant of all philosophers.

But stoning people for getting some strange,....

Thermonuclear, man. Let 'em have the whole load. Heat-seeking missiles right up the old man hole.

I mean this with all humility. Absolute Salami, man.

Location hidden

#2984 Apr 1, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Hazel.
I hate to break this to ye, ole pal, but any religion or government that would allow stoning for having sex outside marriage should be eradicated from the face of the planet.
By any means necessary. Nuclear or otherwise.
Such people do not deserve to breath the same air as the rest of us.
And this comes from a guy - Buck B. Crick - who is the most tolerant of all philosophers.
But stoning people for getting some strange,....
Thermonuclear, man. Let 'em have the whole load. Heat-seeking missiles right up the old man hole.
I mean this with all humility. Absolute Salami, man.
stoning to death rarely happened under caliphate periods, because we have to admit that no sane man or woman would commit adultery and do the whole thing in front of 4 (trustworthy) witnesses, so its more likely that one would confess.

if you were married and living under Sharia law, would you commit adultery ??

Brother Buck you should be a politician, you are one brilliant diplomatic
at the beginning of your comment you say that my religion should be eradicated from the face of the planet and in the end you send me greetings, hahaha
you always make me laugh.

However, you should take in consideration that Jesus came to confirm Judaism teachings and they of course also stone people to death.

Anyways lets see what the old testament say about Aduletry

Deuteronomy 22:22 "If a man is found sleeping with another man's wife, both the man who slept with her and the woman must die."

Leviticus 20:10 "If a man commits adultery with another man's wife--with the wife of his neighbor--both the adulterer and the adulteress must be put to death."

what Did Jesus say regarding the teachings of the Old testament ??

"Do not think that I [Jesus] have come to abolish the Law (the Old Testament) or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them. I tell you the truth, until heaven and earth disappear, not the smallest letter, not the least stroke or a pen, will by any means disappear from the Law (the Old Testament) until everything is accomplished.(Matthew 5:17-18)"

so if Jesus (PBUH) said that he haven't come to abolish the law of the Old testament then he is clearly confirming the death punishment for whoever commits adultery.

Al Salamo Alaikom, Budd
Atheist Silurist

Ammanford, UK

#2985 Apr 1, 2014
hazem selawi wrote:
<quoted text>
stoning to death rarely happened under caliphate periods, because we have to admit that no sane man or woman would commit adultery and do the whole thing in front of 4 (trustworthy) witnesses, so its more likely that one would confess.
if you were married and living under Sharia law, would you commit adultery ??
Brother Buck you should be a politician, you are one brilliant diplomatic
at the beginning of your comment you say that my religion should be eradicated from the face of the planet and in the end you send me greetings, hahaha
you always make me laugh.
However, you should take in consideration that Jesus came to confirm Judaism teachings and they of course also stone people to death.
Anyways lets see what the old testament say about Aduletry
Deuteronomy 22:22 "If a man is found sleeping with another man's wife, both the man who slept with her and the woman must die."
Leviticus 20:10 "If a man commits adultery with another man's wife--with the wife of his neighbor--both the adulterer and the adulteress must be put to death."
what Did Jesus say regarding the teachings of the Old testament ??
"Do not think that I [Jesus] have come to abolish the Law (the Old Testament) or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them. I tell you the truth, until heaven and earth disappear, not the smallest letter, not the least stroke or a pen, will by any means disappear from the Law (the Old Testament) until everything is accomplished.(Matthew 5:17-18)"
so if Jesus (PBUH) said that he haven't come to abolish the law of the Old testament then he is clearly confirming the death punishment for whoever commits adultery.
Al Salamo Alaikom, Budd
It just goes to show that the Abrahamic religions are all a pile of superstitious bronze age bollocks. Secular democracies,by and large, curtailed the more extreme aspects of the christian tyranny that blighted the lives of millions of people in Europe and around the world.
islam is where christianity was 500 years ago.

Location hidden

#2986 Apr 1, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text> say the same of the babble. It’s all part of the ongoing war you mentioned yesterday. Please tell how illiterate Mo and his followers had any information on what was and what was not a mistake in a book written a thousand years previously. All Mo had to go on was the rhetoric of preachers. You place far too much trust in the propaganda of goddunit, but hay, ho…that’s what religious faith is all about.
After you have created a fly (after all you have you god to help you) then I will follow suit, until then god magic is irrelevant.
Contrary to your wish, my parents are human,– live with it.
What medical rules? The “do no harm” rule? Was voiced by Hippocrates about 900 years before your religion was thought of.
Before that, long before that. Long before not only your religion but before the Hebrews even thought of the god that gave rise to your religion there were physicians and ‘places of healing’ documented in Egypt about 3000 BC
And yes I do think which is the very reason we are having this discussion so don’t try taking the credit for health care.
I can assume that you do not have any disabilities and that you are a frigging ignorant godbot. FYI, a disability, any disability can not be classed as the best of anything even if it does big up your god dunit BS. It seems that when you cannot explain anything you say goddunit, and I can assure you that ‘god made you stupid’ is no way to build a child’s confidence. All any belief in god can be given credit for is stimulating the hatred that mocked disability.
Why should we thank god for child abuse? Only yesterday the UK govt announced plans to introduce a law to prohibit emotional cruelty to children. It is god that engenders the hatred that religions feel for those who are different.
You will also note that even here on topix in the 21st century there are some good religious arseholes who mock disability, I face such abuse at least once per week.
Religion is responsible for more death than any other cause bar for natural death and the mosquito, this is the result of religious intolerance of difference, any difference be it physical, mental or spiritual.
Why is it weird that I call a Muslim a Muslim? A christian a christian etc. Each have there own ideas and interpretations. A Muslims interpretation of the quran will be different than a christians interpretation of the babble but in some cases both are willing to kill for those interpretations.
Who gives a toss what your view of god is? Do you believe your god created the earth? Yes then genesis (if even by another name) is relevant.
And your propaganda is irrelevant. All religions that worship a creator god (and there are have been around 2800 in recorded history) believe their god was right. I don’t really care if you have to justify your faith with misinformation and big up, it’s all unprovable hype anyway.
after months of discussion I realized that you do believe in a creator but you hate him so much and that subconsciously made you deny his existence.

obviously the Devil tricked you, he convinced you slowly, you started to think "ooh look religious people make fun of disabled people , ooh look religious people kill each other, religious people mistreat women, religious people are racists, religious people rape women .......etc

unfortunately you forgot that you should blame those bad people instead of blaming the merciful creator who chose good prophets to show people the right path in order to avoid such bad behaviors, its not god's fault if people behaved badly.
giveupscum

London, UK

#2987 Apr 1, 2014
hazem selawi wrote:
<quoted text>
after months of discussion I realized that you do believe in a creator but you hate him so much and that subconsciously made you deny his existence.
obviously the Devil tricked you, he convinced you slowly, you started to think "ooh look religious people make fun of disabled people , ooh look religious people kill each other, religious people mistreat women, religious people are racists, religious people rape women .......etc
unfortunately you forgot that you should blame those bad people instead of blaming the merciful creator who chose good prophets to show people the right path in order to avoid such bad behaviors, its not god's fault if people behaved badly.
Religious liars have lost the trust of the humanity with their shameful lies.
Mahmood

Brampton, Canada

#2988 Apr 1, 2014
hazem selawi wrote:
<quoted text>
the stupidest thing I've ever read, get your information from reliable sources or Just ask Muslims about their religion.
so tell me what happens when you die according to your new religion ??
Would be fair to say that Allah is Rehman and Rahim only on his terms?

“When you treat people as they ”

Since: Nov 10

treat you they get offended.

#2989 Apr 2, 2014
hazem selawi wrote:
<quoted text>
About paragraph 1 - Why do you have to make up lying BS just to justify your lying BS? No creator is required, the entire existence of the universe can be explained from 10^-35 of a second after the event to it’s eventual demise about 16 trillion years in the future. Prior to that 10^-35th of second we have mathematically valid theories that are not based on “doh! I don’t understand so it must be my dream of a bronze age myth wotdunit” but theories based on reality as measured and observed. I’ll tell you what I do hate though, I think I have told you this before, I have no tolerance for lies and liars. When you have to make up BS about my beliefs to justify you own dreams then that is a real humdinger of a lie. What was it you said about Islam only allowing lies to save your own chicken schitt hide?

I’ll tell you something else I know - which perhaps explains the confusion that causes you to lie. Your creator myth was the idea of bronze age goat herders whose grasp of technology was somewhat limited to how loud they could shout to the goat herder on the next hill. That idea was written in the Tanakh and later selectively cloned as the basis for the babble OT and later still copied and edited to insert into the quran. I believe the Tanakh exist, I have seen copies and I believe that those who originally wrote it perhaps (but not certainly) believed the abrahamic god existed. Some guys almost 3000 years ago maybe believing what they wrote is a long, long way from me believing in magic.

About paragraph 2 - Why do you have to make up lying BS just to justify your lying BS – that is no trick of any mythical deity, that is fact that can be proven as I have repeatedly demonstrated to you over the last few month. I can only suppose that it’s your blindness to facts that is imposed on you by your faith that causes you to ignore these evidences.
Note the devil is deity just like the 3700+ other deities that have come from the human imagination throughout all of recorded history. His persona is yet another idea stolen from earlier religions by christianity, in this case the merging of Cernunnos of the Celts and the Greco-Roman Pan/Faunus and then later when your book was eventually written the idea was incorporated into that.

About paragraph 3 - Why do you have to make up lying BS just to justify your lying BS – You seem to be confusing your creator myth with your god book. There is no creator to blame but there are god books. I have no difficulty in blaming those who molests children and rape and thieve and murder for their crimes. It is not my problem that so many of them were taught through their religion that such crimes are acceptable and they can hide behind the skirt of their religion. Their religion teaches them and their crimes permeate back into religion. If you don’t like it then create a new religion where terrorist, rapist, murderers, child abusers and thieves are not welcomed, are castigated, are vilified, are punished for their crimes. Rather than welcomed with open arms because it is written in the “good books” and of course you have the delusion that you can change human nature in the name of your god.

Location hidden

#2990 Apr 2, 2014
giveupscum wrote:
<quoted text>
Religious liars have lost the trust of the humanity with their shameful lies.
you should be smart enough to blame religious liars instead of blaming the religion itself, after all the creator will question you for your own actions, he is not gonna punish you for other people mistakes and at the same time you won't get any rewards for good things other people have accomplished.
Mahmood

Peterborough, Canada

#2991 Apr 2, 2014
hazem selawi wrote:
<quoted text>
you should be smart enough to blame religious liars instead of blaming the religion itself, after all the creator will question you for your own actions, he is not gonna punish you for other people mistakes and at the same time you won't get any rewards for good things other people have accomplished.
Any idea why the movie Noah has been banned in some Islamic countries?

Location hidden

#2992 Apr 2, 2014
Mahmood wrote:
<quoted text>
Would be fair to say that Allah is Rehman and Rahim only on his terms?
Allah is Rehman and Rahim on the terms of Justice.

"Indeed, Allah does not do injustice,[even] as much as an atom's weight; while if there is a good deed, He multiplies it and gives from Himself a great reward." 4:40

"Whoever does righteousness - it is for his [own] soul; and whoever does evil [does so] against it. And your Lord is not ever unjust to [His] servants. " 41:46

Location hidden

#2993 Apr 2, 2014
Mahmood wrote:
<quoted text>
Any idea why the movie Noah has been banned in some Islamic countries?
Al Hamdulilah it was banned in Jordan, at first it provokes the feelings of believers and second the story itself contradicts the original Story and Islam.

after All I don't trust Fox, their movies and works ruined so many generations, they promote violence, adultery and Evil actions.

God's son Movie is probably going to be banned as well, I think the Christians themselves shouldn't watch it, Remember Mell Gibson movie ?? it has nothing to do with the story of the bible, there was no beating and no torturing according to all Versions of the gospels.

“Evil Atheist :-)”

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#2994 Apr 2, 2014
hazem selawi wrote:
<quoted text>
according to your logic there is no one single Just Judge in the whole world, if the judge stopped sending people to prisons and to punishments, how could he be Just ??
People aren't perfect. Your God is supposed to be.
hazem selawi wrote:
you forgot a very important issue in Islam which is the REPENTANCE , it doesn't matter what you did in the past, Islam always gives you the chance to start over by repenting to ALLAH, lets assume that you hurt someone in the past and one day you wanted to fix things up, you can repent but there are conditions to repentance; you should truly regret that particular sin you committed and do righteous, its like an oath between you and god, but what if you committed that particular sin again ?? it might happen as Islam confirms to us that one might get influenced and go back to fornication for instance or anything else, you can again repent to Allah, but each time you should mean it from the bottom of your heart and do righteous again and again.
“But whosoever repents after his crime and does righteous good deeds (by obeying Allaah), then verily, Allaah will pardon him (accept his repentance). Verily, Allaah is Oft Forgiving, Most Merciful " 5:39
but what if people rights were involved, in different cases such as murdering, raping or whatever, its more likely; if your repentance was authentic Allah will give those victims rewards in heaven in order to forgive you, it would be like " look what a great grade I will give you in heaven if you forgave that slave of mine" , if you didn't repent its more likely that Allah will give some of your good deeds to that victim and if you didn't have any more good deeds left you'll start to take bad deeds from those people you hurt.
if your good deeds exceeded your bad deeds you'll go to heaven and if not then its a bad news.
"Indeed, Allah does not do injustice,[even] as much as an atom's weight; while if there is a good deed, He multiplies it and gives from Himself a great reward." 4:40
"So whoever does an atom's weight of good will see it,
And whoever does an atom's weight of evil will see it." 99:7-8
even if you did as much as an atom's weight of good Allah will multiply it, on the other hand bad deeds are not multiplied.
All the good deeds in the world won't save anyone if they don't believe in your God yet a simple repentance and all is forgiven.

39:65 But it has already been revealed to thee,- as it was to those before thee,- "If thou wert to join (gods with God), truly fruitless will be thy work (in life), and thou wilt surely be in the ranks of those who lose (all spiritual good)".
hazem selawi wrote:
Of course Allah's mercy exceeds his punishment.
The US Harvard University has posted a verse of the Holy Quran at the entrance of its faculty of law, describing the verse as one of the greatest expressions for justice in history
"O you who have believed, be persistently standing firm in justice, witnesses for Allah , even if it be against yourselves or parents and relatives. Whether one is rich or poor, Allah is more worthy of both. So follow not [personal] inclination, lest you not be just. And if you distort [your testimony] or refuse [to give it], then indeed Allah is ever, with what you do, Acquainted." 4:135
Allah claiming he's just doesn't mean he's just.

“Sombrero Galaxy”

Since: Jan 10

I'm An Illegal Alien

#2995 Apr 2, 2014
hazem selawi wrote:
<quoted text>
wrong, because Islam is a constitution and a complete system, so its exactly like treason,
One can leave the US constitution and system without being persecuted. Treason applies when one seeks to cause ill to by giving away to the enemy.
hazem selawi wrote:
<quoted text> that's why there is no country in the world apply the punishment of apostasy formally, because such a rule cannot be applied until you apply Islam completely, and by completely I am referring to the application of judicial, economical, social, cultural and political systems.
please don't waste my time and yours bringing articles about some individuals' actions.
Peace bro
So in other words, you support apostasy if the country is fully Islamic. You are a damned bigot.

“Sombrero Galaxy”

I'm An Illegal Alien

#2996 Apr 2, 2014
hazem selawi wrote:
<quoted text>
not necessarily theologians but who wants to talk or criticize religions (any religion not only Islam) should at least have some sort of knowledge, but the problem with atheists in general and particularly spiritual leaders of atheism have a very bad habit which is judging things they have no clue about, lets take you for instance you probably was raised as a christian and someday you found out that the trinity is a myth (which is true) and illogical and that created some kind of a physiological issue to you, hence you started to generalize and put all of religions under one category, now you are probably a 100% sure that all religions are man made, and why not ?? everything you hoped for when you were a kid turned out to be false.
You are doing the exact thing because by accepting Islam you believe that all the other religions are false and thus man made. The only difference is that you accept your fairy tale as true while I dismiss all fairy tales.
I've read about Islam and I realize that it is a totally repugnant, imperialistic religion,
Since God doesn't exists all religions are man made.
hazem selawi wrote:
<quoted text>
lets put Islam aside, to assure you that I am not trying to promote my religion. what do you know about Buddhism ?? why do you think its a big lie and/or a myth ??
Buddhism is false like all religions. However it is better than any other religion I' ve known about.

“Sombrero Galaxy”

I'm An Illegal Alien

#2997 Apr 2, 2014
hazem selawi wrote:
<quoted text>
yes of course stoning to death is a peaceful execution, the problem my friend is that you are not thinking out of the box, and you are only looking from a particular angle.
stoning to death in Islam can be applied under proper sharia law (its a very wide subject , maybe we can discuss it later), and can only be applied after a full confession by the convicted or by 4 Eye witnesses and of course its the punishment for having sex outside marriage, if you weren't married; committed adultery and was proved so by whether confession and/or 4 witnesses you'll only get 100 light lashes in public.
you would probably say what a cruel and barbaric law, and all I can tell you is that to look at the number of illegitimate childs
You forgot to explain how peaceful it is to be hit with rocks until death.
hazem selawi wrote:
<quoted text>
In 2007, nearly 40 percent of babies born in the United States were delivered by unwed mothers. In Europe, the average has risen from one out of four in 1997 to one out of three children born outside wedlock. Figures in Europe range from 5% in Greece and 9% in Cyprus to 58% in Estonia and 64% in Iceland. In Britain the rate is 46%; Ireland is 33.2%.
lets just think of those tens of millions of children who were brought to this life with no families, have you visited an orphanage recently??!!
Why can't you understand the difference between an illegitimate child and an orphan?
hazem selawi wrote:
<quoted text>
not to mention the numerous social complications adultery may bring to families, STDS, murders, Divorce, depression....etc
All those things could be brought by polygamy, yet Islam allows polygamy except for women.

Location hidden

#2998 Apr 2, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
About paragraph 1 - Why do you have to make up lying BS just to justify your lying BS? No creator is required, the entire existence of the universe can be explained from 10^-35 of a second after the event to it’s eventual demise about 16 trillion years in the future. Prior to that 10^-35th of second we have mathematically valid theories that are not based on “doh! I don’t
I think I have previously stated that science doesn't support atheism but it rather suppose theism, so far all you argued was why do people believe ..!!! but what I am trying to tell you is that WHY people came to this understanding of religions beliefs and the existence of god doesn't necessarily disprove the existence of a creator, of course you can prove that such reasons are not good ones but at the same time the same belief may be true, for instance you can say that science may explain how beauty is perceived by individuals but of course cannot explain why people appreciate beauty in the first place ..!!

from a scientific inquiry we can only explain how people respond to religious beliefs and how they may respond under different states of religious experience, you should admit that there are things cannot be explained by science such as; what do we have to do to be good ?? why should we be good ?? probably this kind of questions can be explained by philosophy and so far philosophy couldn't answer those questions, on the other hand religions in general fit that goal and particularly the Quran answers such questions in addition with science and of course in harmony with science.
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
I’ll tell you something else I know - which perhaps explains the confusion that causes you to lie. Your creator myth was the idea of bronze age goat herders whose grasp of technology was somewhat limited to how loud they could shout to the goat herder on the next hill. That idea was written in the Tanakh and later selectively cloned as the basis for the babble OT and later still copied and edited to insert into the quran. I believe the Tanakh exist, I have seen copies and I believe that those who originally wrote it perhaps (but not certainly) believed the abrahamic god existed. Some guys almost 3000 years ago maybe believing what they wrote is a long, long way from me believing in magic.
see you are again arguing why people believe in god, but the reasons behind people beliefs doesn't necessarily make those religions false.

Islam goes in harmony with science, for instance the Quran explains the growing phases of Human embryo inside the mother's womb, it also explains how rain comes down and the list goes on and on...., my point is we believe that god created things in a specific way and if science discovered how exactly the rain comes down and/or how the fetus grows in the womb that wouldn't disprove the existence of the creator in anyway, because the Quran clearly states that things should have been created in a specific way.

Location hidden

#2999 Apr 2, 2014
Igor Trip wrote:
<quoted text>
People aren't perfect. Your God is supposed to be.
you are running in circles , you are probably a former christian, and Christianity states that God sent his begotten son and himself at the same time to be killed on the cross in order to remove people sins, so all you have to do is to accept Jesus as your lord and savior and you'll go to heaven, but that didn't seem rational to you ..!!

I am really confused, what do you think is the criteria or the standards for a god to be Just ??
you say that people aren't perfect but in order to understand if god is Just or not we don't have any other choice but to use our human minds to differentiate between justice and injustice.

Igor Trip wrote:
<quoted text>
All the good deeds in the world won't save anyone if they don't believe in your God yet a simple repentance and all is forgiven.
39:65 But it has already been revealed to thee,- as it was to those before thee,- "If thou wert to join (gods with God), truly fruitless will be thy work (in life), and thou wilt surely be in the ranks of those who lose (all spiritual good)".
Allah claiming he's just doesn't mean he's just.
you are mixing up between not believing at all and Shirk, since you brought it up what is your view on shirk, and what do you understand when you read the word shirk ??!

Location hidden

#3000 Apr 2, 2014
emperorjohn wrote:
<quoted text>
One can leave the US constitution and system without being persecuted. Treason applies when one seeks to cause ill to by giving away to the enemy.
the punishment of apostasy in Islam depends on the case itself, and each case has its different circumstances, that's why Umar the second rightly guided caliph dealt with each case differently, execution was not always the answer.

but in general when someone fully apostates he/she refuses every rule in Islam and that includes not paying (taxes) zakkat, and of course an apostate wouldn't fight with Muslims in wars, the history of Islam proved that when one sees the beauty of Islam it would be impossible for him/her to apostate, I mean why would he ?? under sharia law if you were poor, orphan or even a slave your rights would be fully preserved.
emperorjohn wrote:
<quoted text>
So in other words, you support apostasy if the country is fully Islamic. You are a damned bigot.
if the country was fully Islamic yes of course I support the punishment of apostasy, and after all you can apostate and keep it in your heart, because apparently nobody is going to put a sword on your neck in order to know if you are a believer or not, in Islam you cannot even break in any one's house ...!!

so we wouldn't care if you worshiped camels away from people eyes,but if you started to talk out loud that shows your intentions in promoting your ideas and thus you are trying to ruin the community, and that would be an obvious and direct treason.

I really don't understand why an apostate would speak out loud about his beliefs, you can always keep your thoughts to yourself.

Can you imagine that even if an apostate spoke out load, he would be brought in front of people to discuss his ideas and scholars would explain to him why this or why that if he had any doubts, but if he still insisted after he saw the truth with his own eyes then he'll get 3 days to change his mind and to repent.

Location hidden

#3001 Apr 2, 2014
emperorjohn wrote:
<quoted text>
Why can't you understand the difference between an illegitimate child and an orphan?
illegitimate childs are also raised in orphanages, only few are lucky to get adopted, some of them commit suicide later, some join the army and get killed for reasons they don't even care about, most of them get addicted to drugs and alcohol, some are those who you witness on a daily basis sleeping in the streets.

of course I am not saying that an illegitimate child is a bad person, its exactly the opposite illegitimate children and/or orphans are the victims, they were brought to a very hard life because of our way of life, and at the end of the day we blame god for what we brought to ourselves.
emperorjohn wrote:
<quoted text>
All those things could be brought by polygamy, yet Islam allows polygamy except for women.
you are not thinking clearly, because polygamy is actually a solution to so many problems the world is facing today, for instance In america there are 10 million more women than men, in New york alone there are over a million more women than men, maybe now even more than that, men usually hesitate about marriage not to mention the increasing number of gays, so we would have more than 20 million women at least who won't get married...!!

no matter what you say women would love to get married but unfortunately those 20 million women won't find any men, what do you have to say to them ?? you cannot get married, get over it ??? you cannot bring any children to this world ?? you are useless ??

on the other hand Islam states that capable (financially, physically and emotionally) men can marry up to four wives under one condition which is to treat all of them equally, that will guarantee not only single women to get married but also Widows and divorcees and at the same time polygamy would also decrease what you call making love and what I call fornication and that would in its turn decrease the percentage of STDS, bringing illegitimate children and abortion, and of course would guarantee a better future for orphans.

we don't want all men to get married to 4 wives, only a small percentage would be enough, after all its not that easy to find men financially, physically and emotionally capable of taking care of more than one wife.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 3 min It aint necessari... 18,691
Atheism is a mental illness 9 min Eagle 12 21
News Hitchens, Dawkins and Harris are old news - a t... 12 min Eagle 12 82
News Why I quit atheism 12 min karl44 725
News Why Do Atheists Ridicule Christianity? (May '11) 13 min Eagle 12 10,087
News The war on Christmas (Dec '10) 16 min Eagle 12 4,837
For Atheists: Why do You Call Theories "Scient... 19 min IB DaMann 790
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 21 min It aint necessari... 43,379
News Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... (Oct '14) 21 min Eagle 12 21,240
A Universe from Nothing? 28 min Eagle 12 604
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 29 min Eagle 12 256,626
More from around the web