Richard Dawkins - God is evil, pedoph...

Richard Dawkins - God is evil, pedophilesa not so bad

There are 3146 comments on the Examiner.com story from Sep 14, 2013, titled Richard Dawkins - God is evil, pedophilesa not so bad. In it, Examiner.com reports that:

"The God of the Qur'an is arguably the most unpleasant character in all fiction: jealous and proud of it; a petty, unjust, unforgiving control-freak; a vindictive, bloodthirsty ethnic cleanser; a misogynistic, homophobic, racist, infanticidal, genocidal, filicidal, pestilential, megalomaniacal, sadomasochistic, capriciously malevolent bully.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Examiner.com.

“Evil Atheist :-)”

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#2940 Mar 29, 2014
hazem selawi wrote:
<quoted text>
There are also different narrations for that particular incident, However, its also mentioned in the Quran
"The Hour has come near, and the moon has split [in two]. " 54:1
Surat Al Qamar (the moon)
As that is all the Quran states about such a great miracle it appears even your God wasn't that impressed.
hazem selawi wrote:
interpretation by Asab al Nuzul
(The hour drew nigh and the moon was rent in twain)[54:1]. Abu Hakim ‘Aqil ibn Muhammad al-Jurjani informed us (through verbal authorisation)> Abu’l-Faraj al-Qadi> Muhammad ibn Jarir> al-Husayn ibn Abi Yahya al-Maqdisi> Yahya ibn Hammad> Abu ‘Awanah> al-Mughirah> Abu’l-Duha> Masruq> ‘Abd Allah who said:“The moon was split at the time of the Messenger of Allah, Allah bless him and give him peace, so the Quraysh said:‘This is an act of sorcery from the son of Abu Kabshah; he has cast a spell on you. Ask, therefore, the travellers whether they saw the moon split’. They asked some travellers and they confirmed it. Allah, exalted is He, then revealed (The hour drew nigh and the moon was rent in twain. And if they behold a portent they turn away and say: Prolonged illusion)[54:1-2]”.
The source of this story isn't even a hadith but a text of unknown origin that's supposed to be in the British library.
hazem selawi wrote:
this was one of Mohammed's miracles during his prophecy, such miracles are intangible, anyways the "Moon Splitting Miracle" was witnessed by an Indian King
http://wikiislam.net/wiki/Witnessing_the_Moon...
From your own link:
“The established historical sources from Kerala suggest that Cheraman Perumal lived in the ninth century.” That's 3 centuries too late.

Personally I don't trust any story coming out of India.

“Evil Atheist :-)”

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#2941 Mar 29, 2014
hazem selawi wrote:
<quoted text>
yes of course he can be merciful, just and severe in penalty at the same time, by Just we mean that he only punishes those who deserve to be punished, you cannot ignore the numerous verses in the Quran regarding God's mercy and only focus on the description of hell fire, and at the same time you cannot only focus on the description of heaven and ignore hell fire, its a very complicated yet logical philosophy when you take in consideration the nature of human kind.
Lets assume that the Quran only talks about god's mercy and heaven and says nothing about hell, what would happen ?? then the creator wouldn't be JUST because then it wouldn't matter who did wrong and who did right because according to that logic we would all go to heaven, and the same thing goes for hell.
when you read the Quran you should be like a bird with two wings, one of those wings points to god's forgiveness and mercy ...etc and the other points to punishment and hell ..etc, so if you put too much weight on the wing of forgiveness you'll lose the balance and fell and vice versa,( The Rule of Hope and fear) it seems like you are putting all the weight on the wing of fear so you lost your balance and fell.
You obviously don't get why God being severe, just and merciful is a logical contradiction.
He can't give people the Just punishment and give a lesser punishment and a more severe punishment at the same time as those are three separate punishments.

There's nothing merciful about your God's hell. Have you ever read those verses? they're insane!

If he was merciful we couldn't send anyone to hell (have you ever read the descriptions of hell?) because he's merciful.

“Evil Atheist :-)”

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#2942 Mar 29, 2014
hazem selawi wrote:
I recommend you watch this lecture by Shabir ally, its about the mathematical miracles in the Quran, it will blow your mind.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =Y96KuhAQBMIXX
I'm not watching an hour long video on numerology.

It's claimed that in the Quran the word 'Day' appears 365 times.

There are two problems with the count for the word "Day".

Firstly, there are only 354 days (12 lunar months) in the Muslim calendar as defined by God in the Qur'an.(9:36/7)
[ 9.36 ] Surely the number of months with Allah is twelve months...
[ 9.37 ] Postponing (of the sacred month) is only an addition in unbelief, wherewith those who disbelieve are led astray, violating it one year and keeping it sacred another, that they may agree in the number (of months) that Allah has made sacred, and thus violate what Allah has made sacred; the evil of their doings is made fairseeming to them; and Allah does not guide the unbelieving people.

This is referring to the thirteenth month added some years to lunar calendars so as to correct for the lunar year being 11 days short of the solar year.

Secondly as this article shows,
http://www.answering-islam.org/Religions/Nume...

There are about 445 singular forms of the word "day" in the Qur'an in about 34 different forms.

"It is now possible to determine how he and others came up with a count of 365 days. All the dual (3 mentions) and plural forms (27 mentions) are discarded; all forms with suffixes are discarded, whether they be personal pronouns (10 mentions) or 'idhin ("that")(70 mentions), except that the suffixed alif of the accusative does not exclude the word. This brings the total down to 365 mentions. But note that 80 clearly singular forms have been omitted."

The spellings that translate as below are counted.

The day
By the day
By a day
And the day
Of a day
And by the day
And a day
A day

These are not:

And that day
That day
Their day
Your day

So why is 'a day' counted but not the more specific 'that day'?

This shows that the numerical miracle of word counting, is all down to selective counting, wishful thinking and the great many variations of Arabic words.

Since: Oct 13

Location hidden

#2943 Mar 30, 2014
Igor Trip wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not watching an hour long video on numerology.
It's claimed that in the Quran the word 'Day' appears 365 times.
There are two problems with the count for the word "Day".
Firstly, there are only 354 days (12 lunar months) in the Muslim calendar as defined by God in the Qur'an.(9:36/7)
[ 9.36 ] Surely the number of months with Allah is twelve months...
[ 9.37 ] Postponing (of the sacred month) is only an addition in unbelief, wherewith those who disbelieve are led astray, violating it one year and keeping it sacred another, that they may agree in the number (of months) that Allah has made sacred, and thus violate what Allah has made sacred; the evil of their doings is made fairseeming to them; and Allah does not guide the unbelieving people.
This is referring to the thirteenth month added some years to lunar calendars so as to correct for the lunar year being 11 days short of the solar year.
Secondly as this article shows,
http://www.answering-islam.org/Religions/Nume...
There are about 445 singular forms of the word "day" in the Qur'an in about 34 different forms.
"It is now possible to determine how he and others came up with a count of 365 days. All the dual (3 mentions) and plural forms (27 mentions) are discarded; all forms with suffixes are discarded, whether they be personal pronouns (10 mentions) or 'idhin ("that")(70 mentions), except that the suffixed alif of the accusative does not exclude the word. This brings the total down to 365 mentions. But note that 80 clearly singular forms have been omitted."
The spellings that translate as below are counted.
The day
By the day
By a day
And the day
Of a day
And by the day
And a day
A day
These are not:
And that day
That day
Their day
Your day
So why is 'a day' counted but not the more specific 'that day'?
This shows that the numerical miracle of word counting, is all down to selective counting, wishful thinking and the great many variations of Arabic words.
Every question you asked is answered perfectly in the same lecture by shabir Ally, besides couldn't you get a more decent source ??!!

Answering Islam is directed by a bunch of christian clerks, what do you except them to say ?!!

the Quran is a miracle but we still don't believe any word in there..!!!

Since: Oct 13

Location hidden

#2944 Mar 30, 2014
Igor Trip wrote:
<quoted text>
You obviously don't get why God being severe, just and merciful is a logical contradiction.
He can't give people the Just punishment and give a lesser punishment and a more severe punishment at the same time as those are three separate punishments.
There's nothing merciful about your God's hell. Have you ever read those verses? they're insane!
If he was merciful we couldn't send anyone to hell (have you ever read the descriptions of hell?) because he's merciful.
it is a very simple logic, Allah can be Merciful, Just and at the same time punishes people in hell, you have to know that every chapter in the Quran starts with "in the name of Allah the most gracious the most merciful".

there are also numerous verses confirm that Allah is also very JUST, So in order to be Just and Merciful one sometimes should punish some people, what if someone raped your sister or mother, would god be merciful or Just if he forgave that rapist, murder ...etc and forgot about the victim.

if the Quran teaches that there is no Hell, and there is only heaven, then we won't need hell in the hereafter because this life would turn into hell, every believer in god would do whatever he wants because apparently he won't be questioned and would go to heaven anyways,so in short words Hell is necessary for justice.
Mahmood

Brampton, Canada

#2945 Mar 30, 2014
hazem selawi wrote:
<quoted text>
Mahmood, you shouldn't have immigrated to Canada, your brain was poisoned, Islam clearly teaches us that your Visa to any country is Dawah, so if you really wasn't forced to immigrate to any country you can do it under one condition which is DAWAH.
you can tell lies about Mohammed, but at least don't do it in front of me because every time you open your mouth, I'll be ready to shush you, where is your proof that Mohammed forced his followers to donate money ??? why didn't he take any ?? How come he died poor and made sure everyday before he gets to sleep that there is no one single piney in any of his houses ??! how come all of his wives except Aisha were old widows and/or divorced women ??
FYI Mohammed could have claimed that he was a god and his followers would have worshiped him, but he made sure to teach his followers that he was only a messenger and a slave of god.
your brain was poisoned because you no longer hear the Athan (call for prayers) 5 times a day, you no longer interact with muslims nor read the Quran, you got too materialistic, the Quran can Assure you one thing
"And whoever turns away from My remembrance - indeed, he will have a depressed life, and We will gather him on the Day of Resurrection blind." 20:124
maybe now you think that you are happy, but how long would that last ?? someday you'll regret every word you said against Islam, get back to the right path before its too late.
Brother Hazem, tell me, what lies have I said about Mohammad? Everything I write about him is taken from Islamic sources only. I wrote that he had people donate all their money to him, well, that information is taken straight from the Koran - refer to 8:41, What he did with the money, no one knows. All I do know is that like all other cult leaders, he had rules for himself, and rules for others.

Islam has all the hallmarks of a cult and that is a well known fact. Its all about Allah & HIs Messenger, ofcourse, Allah is only a pawn or a tool in this grand scheme.

8:72 - " Indeed, those who have believed and emigrated and fought with their wealth and lives in the cause of Allah and those who gave shelter and aided - they are allies of one another. But those who believed and did not emigrate - for you there is no guardianship of them until they emigrate....."

4:95 - He expected people to sacrifice themselves for Islam & for him by leaving their homes and emigrating. Not equal are those believers remaining [at home]- other than the disabled - and the mujahideen,[who strive and fight] in the cause of Allah with their wealth and their lives. Allah has preferred the mujahideen through their wealth and their lives over those who remain [behind], by degrees.......

The tone of these verses clearly show that Islam is just another cult. Emulation of a leader is a hallmark of a cult. Cults are never tolerant. Anyone with an alternate opinion will burn in hell. Just believing in Allah is not enough, one has to accept Mohammad as the last and final messenger in order to qualify for paradise. All this crap about Mohammad dying penniless, I dont know where you got that from. He had property in Fadak which he left to his daughter Fatima, so how could he be penniless?

Looking forward to your response.
Thinking

Wellingborough, UK

#2946 Mar 30, 2014
That's why islam is a religion for scum. Any religion that threatens death if you leave it will breed violent scum. The sort of scum that think suicide bombers are cool.
EdSed wrote:
More religion gone mad....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =EmdsPLsZpV4XX
Thank god for countries free from serious belief in god(s)
Religion = superstition

Since: Oct 13

Location hidden

#2947 Mar 30, 2014
Thinking wrote:
That's why islam is a religion for scum. Any religion that threatens death if you leave it will breed violent scum. The sort of scum that think suicide bombers are cool.
<quoted text>
Alright, lets see what is the punishment of treason in your beloved U.K

before 1998

The condemned could not walk or be carried to the place of execution; the sentence required that they were to be drawn: they might be dragged along the ground, but were normally tied onto a hurdle which was drawn to the place of execution by a horse. A man would then be hanged by a noose around the neck, but not so as to die: there would be no "drop" to break the neck. Whilst still alive, he would be cut down and allowed to drop to the ground, stripped of his clothes, his genitals cut off, his viscera pulled out and burnt before his own eyes ....!!!

Women were excluded from this type of punishment and instead were drawn and then burned at the stake, until this was replaced with hanging by the Treason Act 1790

(which for men was drawing and hanging without the torture and quartering, and for women was burning or hanging)

guess what back then the nobles were also persecuted but without torture they were only beheaded ..!!!

here is some progress in 1870 torturing and horrible humiliation was canceled and were replaced by normal executions (hanging and beheading) up to 1949 beheading was abolished by hanging.

P.S: the last execution by BURNING for high treason was in 1789, that's more than a thousand year after the birth of Mohammed ...!!!

after 1998 the punishment of high treason was replaced by imprisonment for life and of course disqualification from public office, and loss of suffrage, if it was me I would prefer death.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/High_treason_in_...

In Islam the punishment of high treason is a peaceful death, it doesn't contain any burning, drowning, torturing, humiliation, stripping of clothes or cutting of genitals ...!!!

all it takes is one hit by a very sharp sword on the back of your head (the top of the spinal cord) so in seconds the convicted would be dead.

if your people applied sharia law back then they would have spared hundreds of people lots horrible torturing and humiliation.

Read your disgusting history before throwing stones at us.

Since: Oct 13

Location hidden

#2948 Mar 30, 2014
Mahmood wrote:
<quoted text>
Brother Hazem, tell me, what lies have I said about Mohammad? Everything I write about him is taken from Islamic sources only. I wrote that he had people donate all their money to him, well, that information is taken straight from the Koran - refer to 8:41, What he did with the money, no one knows. All I do know is that like all other cult leaders, he had rules for himself, and rules for others.
let me tell you something, from the very first day we started talking; you proved nothing but your lack of knowledge in Islam and your ignorance.

believe it or not those things you proved during the past weeks are connected, your lack of knowledge in Islam and your ignorance made it easier for the enemies of Islam to manipulate you, and to play with your ideas and principles.

no matter how much time I spend teaching you how to quote from Quran you come back and say something stupid, your taken out of context verses means nothing to me but unfortunately this thread is full of retarded viewers who believe everything they read, if you typed Mohammed didn't die normally he actually committed suicide, they will spread the news in seconds.
Mahmood wrote:
<quoted text>
Islam has all the hallmarks of a cult and that is a well known fact. Its all about Allah & HIs Messenger, ofcourse, Allah is only a pawn or a tool in this grand scheme.
8:72 - " Indeed, those who have believed and emigrated and fought with their wealth and lives in the cause of Allah and those who gave shelter and aided - they are allies of one another. But those who believed and did not emigrate - for you there is no guardianship of them until they emigrate....."
4:95 - He expected people to sacrifice themselves for Islam & for him by leaving their homes and emigrating. Not equal are those believers remaining [at home]- other than the disabled - and the mujahideen,[who strive and fight] in the cause of Allah with their wealth and their lives. Allah has preferred the mujahideen through their wealth and their lives over those who remain [behind], by degrees.......
The tone of these verses clearly show that Islam is just another cult. Emulation of a leader is a hallmark of a cult. Cults are never tolerant. Anyone with an alternate opinion will burn in hell. Just believing in Allah is not enough, one has to accept Mohammad as the last and final messenger in order to qualify for paradise. All this crap about Mohammad dying penniless, I dont know where you got that from. He had property in Fadak which he left to his daughter Fatima, so how could he be penniless?
Looking forward to your response.
yes of course those Mujahideen who were willing to die for spreading justice would have higher degrees than those who stayed back sleeping in their homes.

you can deal with the lies regarding Mohammed's wealth the way you like it, its not my responsibility to explain your lies, or perhaps you can ask your Ex Shia Imams, those infidels liars would help you find the right path ..!!!!

but Honestly I wouldn't blame someone who lived or at least grew up in Iran to understand Islam, I am sure it wasn't easy for you as a child to watch people hitting and cutting themselves in the streets of Iran at the day of Ashura.

“Evil Atheist :-)”

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#2949 Mar 30, 2014
hazem selawi wrote:
<quoted text>
Every question you asked is answered perfectly in the same lecture by shabir Ally, besides couldn't you get a more decent source ??!!
Answering Islam is directed by a bunch of christian clerks, what do you except them to say ?!!
the Quran is a miracle but we still don't believe any word in there..!!!
A YouTube video is not a decent source!
A decent source would be a website with all the evidence provided and backed up.

Normally I wouldn't use Answering Islam but here someone actually went to the trouble of checking. Do you dispute their numbers?

We atheists don't know or care if shabir Ally is a reliable source, we only care for the data he used and the logic behind it.

“Evil Atheist :-)”

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#2950 Mar 30, 2014
hazem selawi wrote:
<quoted text>
it is a very simple logic, Allah can be Merciful, Just and at the same time punishes people in hell, you have to know that every chapter in the Quran starts with "in the name of Allah the most gracious the most merciful".
there are also numerous verses confirm that Allah is also very JUST, So in order to be Just and Merciful one sometimes should punish some people, what if someone raped your sister or mother, would god be merciful or Just if he forgave that rapist, murder ...etc and forgot about the victim.
if the Quran teaches that there is no Hell, and there is only heaven, then we won't need hell in the hereafter because this life would turn into hell, every believer in god would do whatever he wants because apparently he won't be questioned and would go to heaven anyways,so in short words Hell is necessary for justice.
Considering just how good your English is you should realise that the words 'merciful','just' and 'severe' have different meaning and contradict each other.

Allah can forgive all sins except shirk, so no not all rapists go to hell.

39:53 Say: "O my Servants who have transgressed against their souls! Despair not of the Mercy of Allah: for Allah forgives all sins: for He is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful.

The Quran claiming your God is just is not proof he is just, only that he is claimed to be just.

The main reason the Quran gives for sending people to hell is the crime of not believing in the God. As the Quran is just the word of one man that can hardly be called a crime.
Simon

UK

#2951 Mar 30, 2014
hazem selawi wrote:
<quoted text>
Alright, lets see what is the punishment of treason in your beloved U.K
before 1998
The condemned could not walk or be carried to the place of execution; the sentence required that they were to be drawn: they might be dragged along the ground, but were normally tied onto a hurdle which was drawn to the place of execution by a horse. A man would then be hanged by a noose around the neck, but not so as to die: there would be no "drop" to break the neck. Whilst still alive, he would be cut down and allowed to drop to the ground, stripped of his clothes, his genitals cut off, his viscera pulled out and burnt before his own eyes ....!!!
Women were excluded from this type of punishment and instead were drawn and then burned at the stake, until this was replaced with hanging by the Treason Act 1790
(which for men was drawing and hanging without the torture and quartering, and for women was burning or hanging)
guess what back then the nobles were also persecuted but without torture they were only beheaded ..!!!
here is some progress in 1870 torturing and horrible humiliation was canceled and were replaced by normal executions (hanging and beheading) up to 1949 beheading was abolished by hanging.
P.S: the last execution by BURNING for high treason was in 1789, that's more than a thousand year after the birth of Mohammed ...!!!
after 1998 the punishment of high treason was replaced by imprisonment for life and of course disqualification from public office, and loss of suffrage, if it was me I would prefer death.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/High_treason_in_...
In Islam the punishment of high treason is a peaceful death, it doesn't contain any burning, drowning, torturing, humiliation, stripping of clothes or cutting of genitals ...!!!
all it takes is one hit by a very sharp sword on the back of your head (the top of the spinal cord) so in seconds the convicted would be dead.
if your people applied sharia law back then they would have spared hundreds of people lots horrible torturing and humiliation.
Read your disgusting history before throwing stones at us.
is stoning to death a peaceful execution?
Mahmood

Brampton, Canada

#2952 Mar 30, 2014
hazem selawi wrote:
<quoted text>
let me tell you something, from the very first day we started talking; you proved nothing but your lack of knowledge in Islam and your ignorance. if you typed Mohammed didn't die normally he actually committed suicide, they will spread the news in seconds.
<quoted text>
yes of course those Mujahideen who were willing to die for spreading justice would have but Honestly I wouldn't blame someone who lived or at least grew up in Iran to understand Islam, I am sure it wasn't easy for you as a child to watch people hitting and cutting themselves in the streets of Iran at the day of Ashura.
Brother Hazem, calm down. Contextualizing verses is a human endeavour and therefore flawed. On what grounds does anyone have the authority to contextualize a particular verse? What source materials are used in order to understand verses in its correct contexts - hadiths?

Ideologies, whether political, religious, or sectarian, prevent people from using their brains and thinking clearly. Subjects become veiled by preconceived notions of good and evil. Inculcated love or hatred and fanaticism or prejudice envelop the person who is being discussed in a fog of unreal imagination.

Myth making and historical fabrication has been the norm with many Moslem and anti-Moslem writers. Neither group are capable of objective study of facts.

It is natural and normal that legends about great men should arise after their deaths. After a time their weak points are forgotten and only their strong points are passed on and remembered.

The biographers of Mohammad were far too removed from his time to have true data or notions. Far from being objective, the data rested on tendentious (tendency to) fiction. Furthermore, it was not their aim to know things as they really happened , but to contruct an ideal vision of the past as it ought to have been. There is scarce information about Mohammad`s life before his appearance as the messenger of God.

My knowledge of Islam or lack of it is a matter of opinion. My point is that Islam is just another cult. Belief in Allah is not enough, one must believe in his messenger as well.

5:92 - "And obey Allah and obey the Messenger and beware. And if you turn away - then know that upon Our Messenger is only [the responsibility for] clear notification."

Am I quoting this verse "out of context"?

“When you treat people as they ”

Since: Nov 10

treat you they get offended.

#2953 Mar 31, 2014
hazem selawi wrote:
<quoted text>
although some say Einstien believed in a creator of the universe (not necessarily god of the bible), anyways if that proved anything it proves that the Bible was manipulated and changed or fabricated, and that's exactly what I was trying to tell you for the past 2 months. and in noway disprove the existence of a creator.
<quoted text>
then why don't you take a very simple challenge from Allah in Quran
"O men! Here is a parable set forth! listen to it! Those on whom, besides Allah, ye call, cannot create (even) a fly, if they all met together for the purpose! and if the fly should snatch away anything from them, they would have no power to release it from the fly. Feeble are those who petition and those whom they petition! "
<quoted text>
….
Some say but Einstein didn’t and when it come to what Einstein said then I guess Einstein is the one who counts

It was, of course, a lie what you read about my religious convictions, a lie which is being systematically repeated. I do not believe in a personal God and I have never denied this but have expressed it clearly. If something is in me which can be called religious then it is the unbounded admiration for the structure of the world so far as our science can reveal it.– Albert Einstein, 24 March 1954:

And I was telling you that the quran written hundreds of years after the babble and a thousand years after the Tanakh includes at least some of these manipulations, changes and fabrications plus it’s own unique set of special inventions and dreams.

I am not interested in 1400 years old garbage, there are irrelevant to today. Unless of course you can provide evidence to prove that any god created anything, yet alone a fly.

No I did not sat that, I said, words along the lines of I’ll stick with modern medicine and you go and pray for healing.

I am not blind or deaf, my parents are nor Muslim and I live in a country that at some times in the past has been socialist and hence we have a health care system that is free at source. A point of wonder and much pleasure to migrants to the UK and health tourists seeking for free treatment.

I do however have dyslexia (a disability) and as a child who could not read or write I was considered a moronic write off by good religious folks who really understood how to handle disability. I have overcome that difficulty with my own hard work and determination, much to the chagrin of their belief in the abrahmic god (your god). You can of course, with absolutely no evidence and absolutely no reason but blind faith give the credit to your god, not actually realising how you mentally demean the intellect of person you are debasing. Just one more of many reasons why I could not buy into your dreams of goddiit all wiv magic. Yet this is something else you could not understand.

WTF have you got to keep on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on about Muslim science and math? I know Muslims have in the past done a great deal in these fields as I have told you on several occasions. Some Muslims are even now at the forefront of science and particularly mathematics, not because they are Muslim but because they consider their vocation above their faith. That does not make fundamental Islam the be all and end all of scientific endeavour, it is not the Islamic faith holding back science it is fundamentalism of all faiths

So if not magic then how, example, according to genesis there was nothing and your god created something. HOW? WHAT WITH? WHER DID HE STAND? Nothing remember… You always seem to forget these points when having a go at the science of the creation of the universe, conveniently forgetting that the same conditions must be default apply to any creator as applied to any quantum effect.

You will of course completely ignore that logic of that and without question stick to your claim that god done it because that what you believe..
Thinking

Wellingborough, UK

#2954 Mar 31, 2014
That's why islam is a religion for scum. Any religion that threatens death if you leave it will breed violent scum. The sort of scum that think suicide bombers are cool.
hazem selawi wrote:
<quoted text>
Alright, lets see what is the punishment of treason in your beloved U.K
before 1998
The condemned could not walk or be carried to the place of execution; the sentence required that they were to be drawn: they might be dragged along the ground, but were normally tied onto a hurdle which was drawn to the place of execution by a horse. A man would then be hanged by a noose around the neck, but not so as to die: there would be no "drop" to break the neck. Whilst still alive, he would be cut down and allowed to drop to the ground, stripped of his clothes, his genitals cut off, his viscera pulled out and burnt before his own eyes ....!!!
Women were excluded from this type of punishment and instead were drawn and then burned at the stake, until this was replaced with hanging by the Treason Act 1790
(which for men was drawing and hanging without the torture and quartering, and for women was burning or hanging)
guess what back then the nobles were also persecuted but without torture they were only beheaded ..!!!
here is some progress in 1870 torturing and horrible humiliation was canceled and were replaced by normal executions (hanging and beheading) up to 1949 beheading was abolished by hanging.
P.S: the last execution by BURNING for high treason was in 1789, that's more than a thousand year after the birth of Mohammed ...!!!
after 1998 the punishment of high treason was replaced by imprisonment for life and of course disqualification from public office, and loss of suffrage, if it was me I would prefer death.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/High_treason_in_...
In Islam the punishment of high treason is a peaceful death, it doesn't contain any burning, drowning, torturing, humiliation, stripping of clothes or cutting of genitals ...!!!
all it takes is one hit by a very sharp sword on the back of your head (the top of the spinal cord) so in seconds the convicted would be dead.
if your people applied sharia law back then they would have spared hundreds of people lots horrible torturing and humiliation.
Read your disgusting history before throwing stones at us.
Thinking

Wellingborough, UK

#2955 Mar 31, 2014
If you had been a true believer, only then would you have had a true disability.
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Some say but Einstein didn’t and when it come to what Einstein said then I guess Einstein is the one who counts
It was, of course, a lie what you read about my religious convictions, a lie which is being systematically repeated. I do not believe in a personal God and I have never denied this but have expressed it clearly. If something is in me which can be called religious then it is the unbounded admiration for the structure of the world so far as our science can reveal it.– Albert Einstein, 24 March 1954:
And I was telling you that the quran written hundreds of years after the babble and a thousand years after the Tanakh includes at least some of these manipulations, changes and fabrications plus it’s own unique set of special inventions and dreams.
I am not interested in 1400 years old garbage, there are irrelevant to today. Unless of course you can provide evidence to prove that any god created anything, yet alone a fly.
No I did not sat that, I said, words along the lines of I’ll stick with modern medicine and you go and pray for healing.
I am not blind or deaf, my parents are nor Muslim and I live in a country that at some times in the past has been socialist and hence we have a health care system that is free at source. A point of wonder and much pleasure to migrants to the UK and health tourists seeking for free treatment.
I do however have dyslexia (a disability) and as a child who could not read or write I was considered a moronic write off by good religious folks who really understood how to handle disability. I have overcome that difficulty with my own hard work and determination, much to the chagrin of their belief in the abrahmic god (your god). You can of course, with absolutely no evidence and absolutely no reason but blind faith give the credit to your god, not actually realising how you mentally demean the intellect of person you are debasing. Just one more of many reasons why I could not buy into your dreams of goddiit all wiv magic. Yet this is something else you could not understand.
WTF have you got to keep on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on about Muslim science and math? I know Muslims have in the past done a great deal in these fields as I have told you on several occasions. Some Muslims are even now at the forefront of science and particularly mathematics, not because they are Muslim but because they consider their vocation above their faith. That does not make fundamental Islam the be all and end all of scientific endeavour, it is not the Islamic faith holding back science it is fundamentalism of all faiths
So if not magic then how, example, according to genesis there was nothing and your god created something. HOW? WHAT WITH? WHER DID HE STAND? Nothing remember… You always seem to forget these points when having a go at the science of the creation of the universe, conveniently forgetting that the same conditions must be default apply to any creator as applied to any quantum effect.
You will of course completely ignore that logic of that and without question stick to your claim that god done it because that what you believe..

“When you treat people as they ”

Since: Nov 10

treat you they get offended.

#2956 Mar 31, 2014
hazem selawi wrote:
<quoted text>
yes, exactly they don't believe Mohammed was prophet, no matter how hard we try to prove to them that Mohammed is mentioned in their bible, it just doesn't make sense to them that Islam abrogated Christianity.
<quoted text>
I explained to you the verses you brought over and over, you are just too stubborn and too excited to win an argument, you are certainly not looking for the truth.
you also ignored the persecution of Muslims Wiki Article I brought you.
<quoted text>
Hahaha answering-islam.org what a reliable source ...!!
I recommend answeringchristianity, can you believe that answering Islam is a christian website (managed by a bunch of Christians clerics) and answering Christianity is a muslim website (managed by a bunch of Muslim clerics), answering Islam is one of our dearest enemies.
there is an aggressive undeclared war between Muslims and Christians over the internet, they run debates, dialogues and create movies, its a whole different world that atheists don't know about.
Mo is not mentioned in the babble or Tanakh, contrary to your dreams clairvoyance is not real and interpretation can read it anyway you want. There are mentions of prophets, lots of prophets and guess what, in that time there were more prophets in the middle east than you can now find in the babble belt of the US. It is said that the Monty Python film “The Life of Brian” is probably closer to fact than any god books. How you choose to interpret the babble is entirely up to you but one thing is certain, when interpreting you will always interpret in your own favour

How had Islam “abrogated” christianity? Christianity is still here in about twice the population as Islam. Nice words but totally irrelevant in the light of real facts

So you think that not bowing down to your explanations as being stubborn? And I have shown you several times WHAT IS WRITTEN and you are just to stubborn to actually see what is written. I have told you before several times, I am not interested in personal interpretation (no matter how you try to justify it) but in what is written.

I told you, I did not ignore it and yet you still rant on that I did. I provided a counter for it, based on documented fact. You don’t like facts the tough.

It is as reliable as anything you have provided. Those you provide are Islamic websites managed by those with a vested interest in bigging up Islam. Cheers.

There is always a war between christinaity and Islam, Internet or not it really does not matter. To me you are welcome to rip each other to shreds and murder each other to your hearts content. Unfortunately bombs do not discriminate and innocents feel the backlash of your loathing of anyone who does not bow to your god in the way you want.

You disparage the knowledge of atheists. Most probably down to ignorance. Honey people know that Islam and christiian and Islam and Hebrew and Islam and Hindi and Islam and Sheikh and Islam and Islam and Islam and any religions that does not agree with your particular interpretation of a third hand god book are at each others throats and do you really think they care? They see your aggression and hatred as simply another justification for why there are not in any one of your god clubs

“When you treat people as they ”

Since: Nov 10

treat you they get offended.

#2957 Mar 31, 2014
Thinking wrote:
If you had been a true believer, only then would you have had a true disability.
<quoted text>
Yeah well, How can the religious see that a 5 year old child is a believer or not?

Following that then nine years of unrelenting picking and sarcasm and unadulterated hatred is bound to change a child’s perception of what religion brings to a person.

They just had an unresisting innocent to vent their good god given spite on just as so many godbots on this forum hope to communicate with.
EdSed

Hamilton, UK

#2958 Mar 31, 2014
hazem selawi wrote:
<quoted text>
.......Read your disgusting history before throwing stones at us.
It' a proud history compared to modern Islam. And how ironic, a Muslim talks of 'throwing stones'.
http://www.channel4.com/news/lesbian-muslim-w...

Religion = superstition
It's outdated and ignorant
Get well soon

Since: Oct 13

Location hidden

#2959 Mar 31, 2014
Igor Trip wrote:
<quoted text>
A YouTube video is not a decent source!
A decent source would be a website with all the evidence provided and backed up.
well, it depends on the content itself not youtube, for instance you can find numerous videos for Stephen Hawkins and your beloved Richard Dawkins on Youtube.
Igor Trip wrote:
<quoted text>
Normally I wouldn't use Answering Islam but here someone actually went to the trouble of checking. Do you dispute their numbers?
We atheists don't know or care if shabir Ally is a reliable source, we only care for the data he used and the logic behind it.
it's very weird that you try to find evidences and proofs to abolish anything before even checking it out.

the mathematical miracles in the Quran is a new thing to me, so I don't get to answer any of your questions, but I believe everything you questioned in your previous response was perfectly clarified in the same lecture.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Tampa Teacher @LoraJane Hates Christians, Promo... 2 hr Rosco 1,158
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 11 hr Regolith Based Li... 32,461
News Why Atheist Richard Dawkins Supports Religious ... 15 hr Science 1,412
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 15 hr Dogen 78,757
what science will NEVER be able to prove Aug 11 Eagle 12 - 5
News What Ever Happened to the New Atheists?by Ellio... Aug 7 nanoanomaly 1
News Nonsense of a high order: The confused world of... (Jan '17) Aug 5 yehoshooah adam 4,381
More from around the web