Richard Dawkins - God is evil, pedoph...

Richard Dawkins - God is evil, pedophilesa not so bad

There are 3147 comments on the Examiner.com story from Sep 14, 2013, titled Richard Dawkins - God is evil, pedophilesa not so bad. In it, Examiner.com reports that:

"The God of the Qur'an is arguably the most unpleasant character in all fiction: jealous and proud of it; a petty, unjust, unforgiving control-freak; a vindictive, bloodthirsty ethnic cleanser; a misogynistic, homophobic, racist, infanticidal, genocidal, filicidal, pestilential, megalomaniacal, sadomasochistic, capriciously malevolent bully.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Examiner.com.

Since: Oct 13

Location hidden

#2920 Mar 28, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Hazel dude.
You should not argue with Christine. She has very weird beliefs.
I say this to a guy who believes Allah jumped over the moon or some shit like that. Bwahahah...
I mean not a fence.
I believe I am a hole in the flute God breaths through.
Together with others, the music is good.
Absolute Salami, man.
Hello there, brother Buck

hahahah what moon man ?? the only connection between the moon and Islam is the lunar calendar and believe it or not its way more accurate than the Gregorian calendar.

are you a Buddhist ??
Thinking

Wellingborough, UK

#2921 Mar 28, 2014
Theology is easy for anyone of normal (or better) intelligence to debunk because it is not based on solid foundations.
hazem selawi wrote:
<quoted text>
and Sharia law, Quran interpreting (fiqh al Quran), Hadith science ...etc take tens of years to study, its not as simple as you think.
if only everyone only talked about his specialty, we'll have a better world.
Thinking

Wellingborough, UK

#2922 Mar 28, 2014
So mohammed didn't split the moon. Your koran is in error again.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Splitting_of_the...

Spoiler alert: it got better.
hazem selawi wrote:
<quoted text>
Hello there, brother Buck
hahahah what moon man ?? the only connection between the moon and Islam is the lunar calendar and believe it or not its way more accurate than the Gregorian calendar.
are you a Buddhist ??

Location hidden

#2923 Mar 28, 2014
Thinking wrote:
So mohammed didn't split the moon. Your koran is in error again.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Splitting_of_the...
Spoiler alert: it got better.
<quoted text>
of course he did but only by god's permission, Just like how Jesus (pbuh) gave life to the dead by god's authority, not his own.

anyways the miracle of splitting the moon was one of Mohammed's miracles in Mekkah and I am sure one day science will prove that the moon once was split, but still back then some Mekkans claimed that it was some sort of a visual magical trick by Mohammed to make the moon look like was split into two parts, some of them said lets just wait for those who were travelling and we'll ask them if they saw the moon splitting or not (because a magical trick could only deceive a close group of people, not those who were away), so of course a bunch of travelers went back to Mekkah and confirmed that the moon was split for a period of time and went back to its normal shape.

Location hidden

#2924 Mar 28, 2014
Thinking wrote:
Theology is easy for anyone of normal (or better) intelligence to debunk because it is not based on solid foundations.
<quoted text>
I consider you as a normal (or better) intelligent person but that certainly doesn't make you a theologian, you don't even know the basics of any religion.
EdSed

Hamilton, UK

#2925 Mar 28, 2014
hazem selawi wrote:
<quoted text>
hahaha is that some sort of an autograph.
I notice every time you write something you conclude by
Religion = superstition
Truth will out :-)
Mahmood

Peterborough, Canada

#2926 Mar 28, 2014
hazem selawi wrote:
<quoted text>
of course he did but only by god's permission, Just like how Jesus (pbuh) gave life to the dead by god's authority, not his own.
anyways the miracle of splitting the moon was one of Mohammed's miracles in Mekkah and I am sure one day science will prove that the moon once was split, but still back then some Mekkans claimed that it was some sort of a visual magical trick by Mohammed to make the moon look like was split into two parts, some of them said lets just wait for those who were travelling and we'll ask them if they saw the moon splitting or not (because a magical trick could only deceive a close group of people, not those who were away), so of course a bunch of travelers went back to Mekkah and confirmed that the moon was split for a period of time and went back to its normal shape.
My gut feeling tells me that those who saw the moon split were under the influence. This must have happened during the early years of Mohammad's prophetic career, before prohibition. Only him and a handful of Meccans saw the moon split and no one else. This too in an era when the Chinese, Persians, Romans, Indians, & Greeks were way ahead of all in the field of astronomy.

“Evil Atheist :-)”

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#2927 Mar 28, 2014
hazem selawi wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't have any problem with Dawkins works as long as he talks about science or whatever, but he doesn't have the right to talk about religions and particularly Islam, because its obvious he doesn't have a clue about what he is saying, lets take the title of that thread as an example, he claimed that God of the Quran is Evil ,the most unpleasant character in all fiction: jealous and proud of it; a petty, unjust, unforgiving control-freak; a vindictive, bloodthirsty ethnic cleanser; a misogynistic, homophobic, racist, infanticidal, genocidal, filicidal, pestilential, megalomaniacal, sadomasochistic, capriciously malevolent bully.
He was referring to the God of the Bible but much of it does also apply to the God of the Quran.
hazem selawi wrote:
Now in real life if you met someone and wanted to form an impression about that person, lets just say you met someone and found him generous, how would you reach to that conclusion ??? the answer is very simple you should take in consideration all of his attributes and adjectives, you'll find in the Quran that Allah calls himself a severe in penalty but that doesn't mean to take that particular attribute and throw others away, you should say Allah is severe in penalty but Just and Merciful at the same time along with the rest 96 attributes.
Allah can't be severe, just and merciful as those are contradictions.

Severe punishment would be greater than justified.
Merciful punishment would be less than justified.
Just punishment would be proportional to the offence.

This is the kind of problem you encounter if you insist on defining your God by absolutes.

He certainly can't be merciful if he sends people to hell for not believing in him especially as the only proof he provides is the word of just one man.

“Evil Atheist :-)”

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#2928 Mar 28, 2014
hazem selawi wrote:
<quoted text>
Sahih Muslim Book 039, Hadith Number 6725.

This hadith has been transmitted on the authority of Abdullah b. Mas'ud (who said): We were along with Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) at Mina, that moon was split up into two. One of its parts was behind the mountain and the other one was on this side of the mountain. Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) said to us: Bear witness to this.
http://hadithcollection.com/sahihmuslim/167-s...

So the moon was just half hidden behind a mountain? Not very impressive.

That is the longest hadith I can find about the moon splitting in two which suggests that no one found this supposed miracle very impressive.
Thinking

Wellingborough, UK

#2929 Mar 29, 2014
Wrong.

I can also debunk homeopathy without having a doctorate in homeopathy from the university of magic shite hanging on my wall.
hazem selawi wrote:
<quoted text>
I consider you as a normal (or better) intelligent person but that certainly doesn't make you a theologian, you don't even know the basics of any religion.
Mahmood

Brampton, Canada

#2930 Mar 29, 2014
"How much more of the mosque, of prayer and fasting?
Better go drunk and begging round the taverns.
Khayyam, drink wine, for soon this clay of yours
Will make a cup, bowl, one day a jar."

No difference between Mohammad and those self-appointed prophets such as Shoko Asahara, Sai Baba, Bahaullah, Mirza Ghulam Ahmad, Ron Hubbard, & Joseph Smith.

Come to think of it, more was done for Mohammad through Islam than Mohammad ever did for his followers. He had people donate all their money, sacrifice themselves for him, got to pick the most beautiful women (unlimited for himself), he got loyal followers to adore him as a prophet, and young men fight his battles - what more can a person want? He wasn't better than any one of the guys mentioned above.

Location hidden

#2931 Mar 29, 2014
Igor Trip wrote:
<quoted text>
Sahih Muslim Book 039, Hadith Number 6725.
This hadith has been transmitted on the authority of Abdullah b. Mas'ud (who said): We were along with Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) at Mina, that moon was split up into two. One of its parts was behind the mountain and the other one was on this side of the mountain. Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) said to us: Bear witness to this.
http://hadithcollection.com/sahihmuslim/167-s...
So the moon was just half hidden behind a mountain? Not very impressive.
That is the longest hadith I can find about the moon splitting in two which suggests that no one found this supposed miracle very impressive.
There are also different narrations for that particular incident, However, its also mentioned in the Quran

"The Hour has come near, and the moon has split [in two]. " 54:1
Surat Al Qamar (the moon)

interpretation by Asab al Nuzul

(The hour drew nigh and the moon was rent in twain)[54:1]. Abu Hakim ‘Aqil ibn Muhammad al-Jurjani informed us (through verbal authorisation)> Abu’l-Faraj al-Qadi> Muhammad ibn Jarir> al-Husayn ibn Abi Yahya al-Maqdisi> Yahya ibn Hammad> Abu ‘Awanah> al-Mughirah> Abu’l-Duha> Masruq> ‘Abd Allah who said:“The moon was split at the time of the Messenger of Allah, Allah bless him and give him peace, so the Quraysh said:‘This is an act of sorcery from the son of Abu Kabshah; he has cast a spell on you. Ask, therefore, the travellers whether they saw the moon split’. They asked some travellers and they confirmed it. Allah, exalted is He, then revealed (The hour drew nigh and the moon was rent in twain. And if they behold a portent they turn away and say: Prolonged illusion)[54:1-2]”.

this was one of Mohammed's miracles during his prophecy, such miracles are intangible, anyways the "Moon Splitting Miracle" was witnessed by an Indian King
http://wikiislam.net/wiki/Witnessing_the_Moon...

Location hidden

#2932 Mar 29, 2014
Mahmood wrote:
"How much more of the mosque, of prayer and fasting?
Better go drunk and begging round the taverns.
Khayyam, drink wine, for soon this clay of yours
Will make a cup, bowl, one day a jar."
No difference between Mohammad and those self-appointed prophets such as Shoko Asahara, Sai Baba, Bahaullah, Mirza Ghulam Ahmad, Ron Hubbard, & Joseph Smith.
Come to think of it, more was done for Mohammad through Islam than Mohammad ever did for his followers. He had people donate all their money, sacrifice themselves for him, got to pick the most beautiful women (unlimited for himself), he got loyal followers to adore him as a prophet, and young men fight his battles - what more can a person want? He wasn't better than any one of the guys mentioned above.
Mahmood, you shouldn't have immigrated to Canada, your brain was poisoned, Islam clearly teaches us that your Visa to any country is Dawah, so if you really wasn't forced to immigrate to any country you can do it under one condition which is DAWAH.

you can tell lies about Mohammed, but at least don't do it in front of me because every time you open your mouth, I'll be ready to shush you, where is your proof that Mohammed forced his followers to donate money ??? why didn't he take any ?? How come he died poor and made sure everyday before he gets to sleep that there is no one single piney in any of his houses ??! how come all of his wives except Aisha were old widows and/or divorced women ??

FYI Mohammed could have claimed that he was a god and his followers would have worshiped him, but he made sure to teach his followers that he was only a messenger and a slave of god.

your brain was poisoned because you no longer hear the Athan (call for prayers) 5 times a day, you no longer interact with muslims nor read the Quran, you got too materialistic, the Quran can Assure you one thing

"And whoever turns away from My remembrance - indeed, he will have a depressed life, and We will gather him on the Day of Resurrection blind." 20:124

maybe now you think that you are happy, but how long would that last ?? someday you'll regret every word you said against Islam, get back to the right path before its too late.
EdSed

Hamilton, UK

#2933 Mar 29, 2014
Thinking wrote:
Wrong.
I can also debunk homeopathy without having a doctorate in homeopathy from the university of magic shite hanging on my wall.
<quoted text>
lol! Exactly.

Religion = superstition

Location hidden

#2934 Mar 29, 2014
Thinking wrote:
Wrong.
<quoted text>
man you really should consider seeing a Psychiatrist.

maybe you are going through the Midlife crisis..!!
EdSed

Hamilton, UK

#2935 Mar 29, 2014
More religion gone mad....

Thank god for countries free from serious belief in god(s)

Religion = superstition

Location hidden

#2936 Mar 29, 2014
Igor Trip wrote:
<quoted text>
Allah can't be severe, just and merciful as those are contradictions.
Severe punishment would be greater than justified.
Merciful punishment would be less than justified.
Just punishment would be proportional to the offence.
This is the kind of problem you encounter if you insist on defining your God by absolutes.
He certainly can't be merciful if he sends people to hell for not believing in him especially as the only proof he provides is the word of just one man.
yes of course he can be merciful, just and severe in penalty at the same time, by Just we mean that he only punishes those who deserve to be punished, you cannot ignore the numerous verses in the Quran regarding God's mercy and only focus on the description of hell fire, and at the same time you cannot only focus on the description of heaven and ignore hell fire, its a very complicated yet logical philosophy when you take in consideration the nature of human kind.

Lets assume that the Quran only talks about god's mercy and heaven and says nothing about hell, what would happen ?? then the creator wouldn't be JUST because then it wouldn't matter who did wrong and who did right because according to that logic we would all go to heaven, and the same thing goes for hell.

when you read the Quran you should be like a bird with two wings, one of those wings points to god's forgiveness and mercy ...etc and the other points to punishment and hell ..etc, so if you put too much weight on the wing of forgiveness you'll lose the balance and fell and vice versa,( The Rule of Hope and fear) it seems like you are putting all the weight on the wing of fear so you lost your balance and fell.

I recommend you watch this lecture by Shabir ally, its about the mathematical miracles in the Quran, it will blow your mind.

Atheist Silurist

San Jose, CA

#2937 Mar 29, 2014
EdSed wrote:
More religion gone mad....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =EmdsPLsZpV4XX
Thank god for countries free from serious belief in god(s)
Religion = superstition
A religion that advocates death for apostasy only reveals itself as a huge pile of stinking excrement and an oppressive tool used by murderers,thugs and despots. That's why it is embraced by the scumbags that rule countries like Saudi..
Atheist Silurist

San Jose, CA

#2938 Mar 29, 2014
hazem selawi wrote:
<quoted text>
yes of course he can be merciful, just and severe in penalty at the same time, by Just we mean that he only punishes those who deserve to be punished,
And whom are the ones that deserve punishment? Would that include apostates,gays,blasphemers,adu lterers,sorcerers.........?

Location hidden

#2939 Mar 29, 2014
Atheist Silurist wrote:
<quoted text>
And whom are the ones that deserve punishment? Would that include apostates,gays,blasphemers,adu lterers,sorcerers.........?
I don't get to decide who deserves punishment and who doesn't ..!!
But I can assure you one thing which is no one would be treated unjustly

"And fear a Day when you will be returned to Allah . Then every soul will be compensated for what it earned, and they will not be treated unjustly. " 2:281

"Indeed, Allah does not do injustice,[even] as much as an atom's weight; while if there is a good deed, He multiplies it and gives from Himself a great reward." 4:40

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 23 min One way or another 61,377
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 6 hr Dogen 28,320
News Nonsense of a high order: The confused world of... 6 hr Dogen 2,687
The Dumbest Thing Posted by a Godbot (Jun '10) Fri IB DaMann 5,970
Atheist Humor (Aug '09) Mar 22 Eagle 12 452
Deconversion Mar 20 Eagle 12 138
News Quotes from Famous Freethinkers (Aug '12) Mar 18 Eagle 12 2,043
More from around the web