Richard Dawkins - God is evil, pedoph...

Richard Dawkins - God is evil, pedophilesa not so bad

There are 3147 comments on the Examiner.com story from Sep 14, 2013, titled Richard Dawkins - God is evil, pedophilesa not so bad. In it, Examiner.com reports that:

"The God of the Qur'an is arguably the most unpleasant character in all fiction: jealous and proud of it; a petty, unjust, unforgiving control-freak; a vindictive, bloodthirsty ethnic cleanser; a misogynistic, homophobic, racist, infanticidal, genocidal, filicidal, pestilential, megalomaniacal, sadomasochistic, capriciously malevolent bully.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Examiner.com.

“When you treat people as they ”

Since: Nov 10

treat you they get offended.

#2879 Mar 26, 2014
hazem selawi wrote:
<quoted text>
you are looking from a different angle, I Believe God created the whole universe and did also provide different rules within our universe, so there are also cures for every disease provided by the creator in the first place and then I Would have faith and trust in the human mind that God gave us to use, hence whatever scientists discover it would be because they are using the bless given by god (minds) to find what Allah already put there in order to fulfill the purpose of life and to make the world a better place to live in.
you believe the universe came out of nothing, all of those rules within our universe could have came by coincidence and/or spontaneously, so there are also diseases and we as humans would use our developed minds to look for answers and cures and by hard scientific investigation, we will use whatever materials which already existed in this world and finally we'll get tangible results.
….
Of course I am looking from a different angle. I am not a blind believer in god dun it with magic, I am a believer in fact and in evidence and in truth. Nope not your “it sounds like it should be true so it is true” but real factual, evidential truth with the quality or state of being actually true.

To date science it about 10^-35 of a second (tiny, tiny fraction) from discovering what created the bb event. So if that science proves that the event was caused by, as suspected, one form of quantum interaction or another and that no god was involved and proven could not be involved to the extent that evidence was produced that no god could exist. Would you change you mind that allah done it with magic? No you wouldn’t…

No I do not believe the universe came out of nothing, you were the one who brought up nothing, I only responded with the current scientific understanding of what is nothing. I believe the universe is the effect of a quantum event and your accusation shows limited understanding. As for coincidence, yes.

As to why science is better than faith in finding cures lets put it this way. If your were seriously ill, would you prefer to go to an establishment that can draw on all the latest and most efficacious scientifically developed medial equipment to diagnose and possibly provide some treatment for your illness or a mosque to chant and prey that your god will magically offer a cure, which would you choose?

I do not believe it was most, the industrial revolution was centred around Lancashire UK,(where I live so schooling on the subject was pretty strong) and grew outward from there. There were very few Muslims around in the UK at that time and effectively none outside London. However the mathematics developed in the Muslim world no doubt had a profound influence.

Because there were (and are) some strong muslim women in no way diminishes the misogyny inherent of the Islamic faith. Funny really, the first topic of this mornings woman’s hour on Radio 4 was about women in muslim society. What I though was most telling was an interview with the husband of a successful Muslim woman, the first woman in her families history to leave home to go to university, her mother was not even educated. She wears the hijab. Her husband was asked what he would do if she wanted to stop wearing the hajib. His reply was not “It’s up to her” but was along the lines “I would tell her of the teachings and would talk about the need for a woman to preserve modesty”.“No I do not see it as contradictory than a man has no need to cover his hair but a woman does”.“I would not allow her to work bare headed”. Now the chances are that you see nothing misogynistic about his statements and that is the real problem, you do not see…

Also funny that just last week the first prosecutions were announced of a doctor practising in the UK who performed FGM operations. He is muslim as is his agent who is also to be prosecuted.

#2880 Mar 26, 2014
hazem selawi wrote:
<quoted text>
See..!! you are clearly flipping and flopping, you didn't understand a single word from a simple verse, thank you for proving that to us, the problem is that exactly how you looked like when you kept bringing verses from the Quran over and over for the past few months.
Just admit that it is not your specialty, Be Honest did you read the Quran ??
I know you hate liars so I am sure you won't lie.
So you are unable to deny that it’s ok to go to mosque and prey to Allah while your penis is dripping with female blood and vaginal fluid and semen?

IT IS WRITTEN –what is not to understand?

Why do you need to ignore what is ACTUALLY written? Hell it was you who provided the passage.

Why do you need to interpret in the way that best suites you?

I have previously told you that I have not read the quran cover to cover, and I freely admit that Islam is not my speciality. Do you assume by that that I am not able to talk from experience, from knowledge, from understanding, from discussions with those more qualified than myself?

Honey, if that were the case then all you are qualified to discuss is marketing.
Mahmood

Peterborough, Canada

#2881 Mar 26, 2014
hazem selawi wrote:
<quoted text>
the verse
"O you who have believed, do not approach prayer..."4:43
don't you think that muslims contradict themselves when they perform prayers because the Quran clearly states that we shouldn't, what's your opinion on that ??!
4:43 has nothing to do with our topic of discussion nor does it do anything to solve the contradiction between 2:62 & 4:150-151. I don't know if there is any scientific merit to cleaning your hands & wiping your face with earth as muslims are asked to do in 4:43....does sand really clean off feces?

Since: Oct 13

Location hidden

#2882 Mar 26, 2014
Mahmood wrote:
<quoted text>
4:43 has nothing to do with our topic of discussion nor does it do anything to solve the contradiction between 2:62 & 4:150-151. I don't know if there is any scientific merit to cleaning your hands & wiping your face with earth as muslims are asked to do in 4:43....does sand really clean off feces?
Just go along with me, what do you have to lose ??!!
I promise it has everything to do with our discussion.

"O you who have believed, do not approach prayer .." why do Muslims pray when the Quran clearly says that we shouldn't ?

Location hidden

#2883 Mar 26, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong, missionaries will not turn Muslims into Christians, they may convert those worshipping local religion or those without religion or the weak minded but consider what you have just said. Would you be converted by missionary talk? Then WTF do you consider other believers in your faith to be lesser than you are?
hahaha what a funny joke, missionaries will not turn Muslims into Christians and they may convert those worshiping locals ..!! then why did they write tens of thousands of books full of fabrications and lies about Mohammed and the Quran and distributed them in Africa, India and Indonesia, do you know that lots of Christians learned the Hindi language to trick people and destroy their beliefs , of course muslims have strong beliefs and no one can turn them into another religion easily, so that's why they started to take advantage of the conditions those Muslims were living under, some of them said lets just take the food in order to live and we'll claim that we are Christians, but by time the second and the third generations will lose their Islam and will certainly forget that there ancestors were Muslims and that's why there are now over 60 million Muslims Joined Christianity, it takes time.
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
As to writing 60,000 books, I don’t really know but one thing is sure, it is certainly an easy subject for an author. And of course not necessarily fabrications, much of the dislike of the Muslim faith is justified in the light of civilised society in the light of Muslim atrocities such as 9/11 and 7/7.
I have just done a google on “islamic books against christianity” and received 120 million search results, so lets face it, you are not that innocent of hatred yourselves.
What an accurate way to find the truth ...!!! Google naked and you'll get 174,000,000 results
in .24 seconds ...!!
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Tanakh -> ADAM & EVE. Babble -> ADAM & EVE. Quran -> ADAM & EVE. Can you see the similarities?
The story so far… Adam and Eve were in a garden and living in complete happiness. God instructed them to eat from any tree but one. They were deceived into eating from the forbidden tree. God then expelled them from the garden.
Wrong, both of the Bible and the OT blames Eve for seducing Adam to eat from the tree, such a story created so many problems for women through history, believe it or not some scientists during the Dark Ages in Europe debated the nature of woman, some said women cannot be humans and are Evil spirits.
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Of courser there are difference in details between the books otherwise you would be going to church on Sunday rather than Mosque on Friday. Those differences make no difference to the fact that many of those stories were gleaned directly from the Tanakh.
Whether you accept that or not is you problem.
Believe it or not Jesus prayed exactly like Muslims, and the bible confirms, all of the prophets were Muslims, but big parts of their books were fabricated through the years and were Exploited to serve political and Evil Agendas.

the Quran is the only preserved book, no one on Earth can change a single letter, Just try to read any chapter from the Quran in front a bunch of muslims and they'll instantly tell if you mispronounces a single letter or even a single haraka (vowel).
Mahmood

Peterborough, Canada

#2884 Mar 26, 2014
hazem selawi wrote:
<quoted text>
Just go along with me, what do you have to lose ??!!
I promise it has everything to do with our discussion.
"O you who have believed, do not approach prayer .." why do Muslims pray when the Quran clearly says that we shouldn't ?
Sorry brother, I cannot agree with you on this. I am talking about 2:62 contradicting 4:150-151. You guys claim that the "Koran is the perfect word of Allah". Let me tell you, that this "perfect word" of Allah has a contradiction which you have been unable to solve.

I don't enjoy rubbing salt on wounds. You either solve the contradiction or we move on to another discussion.

“BAS in Electrical Engineering”

Since: Jan 14

Location hidden

#2885 Mar 26, 2014
hazem selawi wrote:
<quoted text>...believe it or not some scientists during the Dark Ages in Europe debated the nature of woman, some said women cannot be humans and are Evil spirits...
Do you have a source for this? I'd like to read up on it.
Mahmood

Peterborough, Canada

#2886 Mar 26, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
So you are unable to deny that it’s ok to go to mosque and prey to Allah while your penis is dripping with female blood and vaginal fluid and semen?
IT IS WRITTEN –what is not to understand?
Why do you need to ignore what is ACTUALLY written? Hell it was you who provided the passage.
Why do you need to interpret in the way that best suites you?
I have previously told you that I have not read the quran cover to cover, and I freely admit that Islam is not my speciality. Do you assume by that that I am not able to talk from experience, from knowledge, from understanding, from discussions with those more qualified than myself?
Honey, if that were the case then all you are qualified to discuss is marketing.
Christine, Hazem quoted a verse from the Koran 4:43 that tells muslims to clean themselves with earth/sand in places where there is not water available. Would you know if sand/earth has any cleaning compound or chemicals?

Location hidden

#2887 Mar 26, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course I am looking from a different angle. I am not a blind believer in god dun it with magic, I am a believer in fact and in evidence and in truth. Nope not your “it sounds like it should be true so it is true” but real factual, evidential truth with the quality or state of being actually true.
To date science it about 10^-35 of a second (tiny, tiny fraction) from discovering what created the bb event. So if that science proves that the event was caused by, as suspected, one form of quantum interaction or another and that no god was involved and proven could not be involved to the extent that evidence was produced that no god could exist. Would you change you mind that allah done it with magic? No you wouldn’t…
Nobody in the whole world so far could disprove the existence of a creator, and when you ask an atheist to disprove the existence of god, he/she will say something stupid like I cannot disprove the existence of pink midgets either ...!!

your spiritual leaders like Richard Dawkins taught you to use illogical and twisted ways to run away from direct answers, so when someone clearly ask you how did the universe come to existence you jump to a whole different subject like pink midgets, you act like its a very usual and logical thing for something to come out of nothing ..!!
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
As to why science is better than faith in finding cures lets put it this way. If your were seriously ill, would you prefer to go to an establishment that can draw on all the latest and most efficacious scientifically developed medial equipment to diagnose and possibly provide some treatment for your illness or a mosque to chant and prey that your god will magically offer a cure, which would you choose?
that is a usual misunderstanding of the concept of Tawakul (depending on god), Of course I depend on god but that doesn't mean that I should stay at home and wait to die, Umar Bin al Khattab (the second rightly guided caliph) once saw a muslim who left his camel untied because he depends on god and knows that his camel won't be stolen or get lost, Umar said TIE YOUR CAMEL and then Depend on god, that is the proper Islamic method, if you studied the Islamic history or Mohammed's biography you'll notice that Muslims never went to a war with no weapons, Allah order us to take in consideration everything, because the sky doesn't rain Gold, according to your logic Muslims shouldn't feed the poor nor give charities because we can simply say Allah will send them food, that's non sense and contradicts with the essence of Islam.

So I would absolutely see a doctor and Islam doesn't only encourages me to do so but even made it a must.

you should do your best and depend on god , you cannot depend on god without taking in consideration the reasons of success and then God will help you and will make it easier for you, Just like the Battle of Badr Muslims were approximately 313 and Mekkans were more than 1000 men, but still Muslims won because they did the best they could and depended on god, so he helped them.
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
I do not believe it was most, the industrial revolution was centred around Lancashire UK,(where I live so schooling on the subject was pretty strong) and grew outward from there. There were very few Muslims around in the UK at that time and effectively none outside London. However the mathematics developed in the Muslim world no doubt had a profound influence.
it doesn't matter if those Muslims lived in U.K or not, that's not the case because certainly scientists or students could just build up on previous theories and works, watch this short movie it will show you what muslims were doing during what you call Dark Ages

Location hidden

#2888 Mar 26, 2014
Electrical Engineer wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you have a source for this? I'd like to read up on it.
Alright, you and I should agree that Christianity ruled Europe and the entire west for a long time,
I will prove that to you by the Bible, the Talmud, and the sayings of some of the most influential Church Fathers whose views have contributed immeasurably to defining and shaping Christianity, after all such sayings would take place in communities back then.

lets see how did those Christians understood Adam and Eve story, When God rebuked Adam for what he did, he put all the blame on Eve, "The woman you put here with me --she gave me some fruit from the tree and I ate it." Consequently, God said to Eve:

"I will greatly increase your pains in childbearing; with pain you will give birth to children. Your desire will be for your husband and he will rule over you."

To Adam He said:
"Because you listened to your wife and ate from the tree .... Cursed is the ground because of you; through painful toil you will eat of it all the days of your life..."

with no doubt The image of Eve as temptress in the Bible has resulted in an extremely negative impact on women throughout the Christian tradition and they all were believed to have inherited from their mother, the Biblical Eve, her guilt.

"No wickedness comes anywhere near the wickedness of a woman.....Sin began with a woman and thanks to her we all must die." [Ecclesiasticus 25:19,24]

you can see what one of the most popular Jewish rabbis said about the status of women in Judaism, he listed 9 curses.
Leonard J. Swidler, Women in Judaism: the Status of Women in Formative Judaism (Metuchen, N.J: Scarecrow Press, 1976).

check this website it is full with sources about the women status in Christianity and Judaism particularly during the middle ages.
http://www.islamswomen.com/articles/comparing...

Location hidden

#2889 Mar 26, 2014
hazem selawi wrote:
<quoted text>
Alright, you and I should agree that Christianity ruled Europe and the entire west for a long time,
I will prove that to you by the Bible, the Talmud, and the sayings of some of the most influential Church Fathers whose views have contributed immeasurably to defining and shaping Christianity, after all such sayings would take place in communities back then.
lets see how did those Christians understood Adam and Eve story, When God rebuked Adam for what he did, he put all the blame on Eve, "The woman you put here with me --she gave me some fruit from the tree and I ate it." Consequently, God said to Eve:
"I will greatly increase your pains in childbearing; with pain you will give birth to children. Your desire will be for your husband and he will rule over you."
To Adam He said:
"Because you listened to your wife and ate from the tree .... Cursed is the ground because of you; through painful toil you will eat of it all the days of your life..."
with no doubt The image of Eve as temptress in the Bible has resulted in an extremely negative impact on women throughout the Christian tradition and they all were believed to have inherited from their mother, the Biblical Eve, her guilt.
"No wickedness comes anywhere near the wickedness of a woman.....Sin began with a woman and thanks to her we all must die." [Ecclesiasticus 25:19,24]
you can see what one of the most popular Jewish rabbis said about the status of women in Judaism, he listed 9 curses.
Leonard J. Swidler, Women in Judaism: the Status of Women in Formative Judaism (Metuchen, N.J: Scarecrow Press, 1976).
check this website it is full with sources about the women status in Christianity and Judaism particularly during the middle ages.
http://www.islamswomen.com/articles/comparing...
I am fully aware of the status of women in religion but you said "...believe it or not some scientists during the Dark Ages in Europe debated the nature of woman, some said women cannot be humans and are Evil spirits."

My question to you was who are these scientists and how did you find out about them.

Please keep in mind I am not saying you are wrong. I really just want a source on how you discovered that.

Location hidden

#2890 Mar 26, 2014
Mahmood wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry brother, I cannot agree with you on this. I am talking about 2:62 contradicting 4:150-151. You guys claim that the "Koran is the perfect word of Allah". Let me tell you, that this "perfect word" of Allah has a contradiction which you have been unable to solve.
I don't enjoy rubbing salt on wounds. You either solve the contradiction or we move on to another discussion.
My point was that if you read verse 4:43 you'll realize that the Quran doesn't prohibit drinking Alcohol because the verse clearly says do not approach prayer while you are intoxicated (Drunk) " O you who have believed, do not approach prayer while you are intoxicated until you know what you are saying".

according to your logic if we only depended on that verse, Alcohol will become lawful as long as you are not approaching prayers , but there is a technique (used at the time of Mohammed) which is called abrogation, so the point is if we went back to the historical context you'll find out that this verse was revealed before the full prohibition of Alcohol and later on other verses went down to fully prohibit Alcohol, it took 4 phases till alcohol was prohibited completely because as you know Arabs were used to drink Alcohol and Allah's wisdom and will showed us how to solve that problem gradually.

- the first stage and the first revealed verse regarding alcohol:

"And from the fruits of the palm trees and grapevines you take intoxicant and good provision."
16:76

-the second verse and the second phase:

"They ask you about wine and gambling. Say, "In them is great sin and [yet, some] benefit for people. But their sin is greater than their benefit." And they ask you what they should spend. Say, "The excess [beyond needs]." Thus Allah makes clear to you the verses [of revelation] that you might give thought. " 2:219

so some people left [alcohol] saying, "We have no need for that in which there is great sin," and some did not leave it saying, "We take [from its] benefit and we leave its sin.

-third phase and third revealed verse:

" O you who have believed, do not approach prayer while you are intoxicated until you know what you are saying...." 4:43

So some people left it saying, "We have no need for that which distracts us from the prayer," and some drank it outside the times of prayer.

the final phase and the most important verse to fully prohibit drinking Alcohol:

"O you who have believed, indeed, intoxicants, gambling,[sacrificing on] stone alters [to other than Allah ], and divining arrows are but defilement from the work of Satan, so avoid it that you may be successful. " 5:90

finally became fully prohibited for them and some of them said, "Allah did not prohibit anything as strictly as alcohol."

anyways the banning of Alcohol in Islam is one of the most important rules and Muslims knew about it by abrogation, hence you cannot interpret verses without taking in consideration historical context and you certainly should link verses to each other in order to understand Quran, you keep saying that this subject has nothing to do with our discussion, brother Mahmoud you cannot bring verse 2:62 and refuse to link it to other verses which clearly defines true and false Christians, if you want to understand verse 2:62 you should find all the other verses in the Quran which mention Christians and Jews and put them all together in order to understand it, its not a coincidence that verse 2:62 was translated Christian and Jews (before Mohammed).

I hope you get my point, because you are killing me by ignoring the very simple and the most important rules of interpreting the Quran, and as I made it clear that according to your logic not only Alcohol but even adultery may become lawful in Islam...!!

Location hidden

#2891 Mar 26, 2014
Electrical Engineer wrote:
<quoted text>
I am fully aware of the status of women in religion but you said "...believe it or not some scientists during the Dark Ages in Europe debated the nature of woman, some said women cannot be humans and are Evil spirits."
My question to you was who are these scientists and how did you find out about them.
Please keep in mind I am not saying you are wrong. I really just want a source on how you discovered that.
theologians could be considered as scientists at that time, since they controlled everything, and for the source you'll find out numerous sources in that link I gave you regarding the opinions of so many theologians about women, In 586 AD a conference was held in France to determine whether woman should be considered a human being or not (human being or not ..!!) After a long discussion it was decided that woman is a human being that was created to be at the service of man, I apologize I thought they decided women weren't human beings.

But after it seems like back then hated women more than evil spirits ..!!!you can read " the short history of women" by John Langdon, or google Scold's bridle, or Chastity belts. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chastity_belt
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scold 's_bridle

Location hidden

#2892 Mar 26, 2014

Location hidden

#2893 Mar 26, 2014
hazem selawi wrote:
<quoted text>
theologians could be considered as scientists at that time, since they controlled everything, and for the source you'll find out numerous sources in that link I gave you regarding the opinions of so many theologians about women, In 586 AD a conference was held in France to determine whether woman should be considered a human being or not (human being or not ..!!) After a long discussion it was decided that woman is a human being that was created to be at the service of man, I apologize I thought they decided women weren't human beings.
But after it seems like back then hated women more than evil spirits ..!!!you can read " the short history of women" by John Langdon, or google Scold's bridle, or Chastity belts. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chastity_belt
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scold 's_bridle
Hm, I feel like I may have a connection to the French. Haha. Mostly in the fear of them more so than any spirit. I mean, seriously, they don't make any sense. ;)

I do feel the term science or scientist is a bit broad. I wouldn't consider a theologian nor a philosopher scientists.

“Evil Atheist :-)”

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#2894 Mar 26, 2014
hazem selawi wrote:
<quoted text>
Nobody in the whole world so far could disprove the existence of a creator, and when you ask an atheist to disprove the existence of god, he/she will say something stupid like I cannot disprove the existence of pink midgets either ...!!
your spiritual leaders like Richard Dawkins taught you to use illogical and twisted ways to run away from direct answers, so when someone clearly ask you how did the universe come to existence you jump to a whole different subject like pink midgets, you act like its a very usual and logical thing for something to come out of nothing ..!!
Science has progressed by understanding just how little we actually know and then by observations and experiments expanding upon that knowledge.
Dawkins is honest because he admits to what he doesn't know. Religion just makes stuff up.

If an incredibly powerful and intelligent entity can just exist without explanation then so can the universe.
Your God is not a explanation, he another unexplained problem and yes he does need explaining.

#2895 Mar 27, 2014
Mahmood wrote:
<quoted text>
Christine, Hazem quoted a verse from the Koran 4:43 that tells muslims to clean themselves with earth/sand in places where there is not water available. Would you know if sand/earth has any cleaning compound or chemicals?
Earth tends to be a bit mucky, after all, it comprises for the most part of millions of years of death and decay of organic compounds.

Sand is a good scourer but is also non too clean, it too holding a fair proportion of decaying matter.

#2896 Mar 27, 2014
hazem selawi wrote:
<quoted text>
hahaha what a funny joke, missionaries will not turn Muslims into Christians and they may convert those worshiping locals ..!! then why did they write tens of thousands of books full of fabrications and lies about Mohammed and the Quran and distributed them in Africa, India and Indonesia, do you know that lots of Christians learned the Hindi language to trick people and destroy their beliefs , of course muslims have strong beliefs and no one can turn them into another religion easily, so that's why they started to take advantage of the conditions those Muslims were living under, some of them said lets just take the food in order to live and we'll claim that we are Christians, but by time the second and the third generations will lose their Islam and will certainly forget that there ancestors were Muslims and that's why there are now over 60 million Muslims Joined Christianity, it takes time.
<quoted text>
What an accurate way to find the truth ...!!! Google naked and you'll get 174,000,000 results
in .24 seconds ...!!

…
Why do you consider other believers in your faith to be lesser than you are?

Why they write the books is exactly the same reason Muslims write books, to earn royalties. You have such a limited view of commercialism.

Can you prove lies? you can’t even prove the Quran is truth so don’t play the incredulous hypocrite. BTW. Is not the quran given away free to any who want it?

Note, Hindi is not Muslim. You would just as happily suicide bomb a Hindu gathering as you would a christian gathering. And why in India the largest Hindu country in the world that was once a member of the British empire is the christian faith only 2% of the population and they are ridiculed as half breads because they are the offspring of Imperial British. Yet in that same Hindu country those converted from Hindi to Islam is over 13%. May I suggest that unless you know what you are talking about then shut the fook up.

Still christianity is declining and Islam is growing, do you have an explanation for this disparity that contradicts what you claim?

I did not claim accuracy, I claimed fact and for comparison I also searched the alternative of “christian books against islam”. There were 470 million results, which is a pretty good relationship considering the populations of Christian and Islamic peoples. The idea was and was proven to say YOU ARE JUST AS GUILTY.

So you are saying that the story of Adam and Eve being expelled from the Garden of Eden for eating forbidden fruit is not in the Quran? Honey, who was blamed is pretty irrelevant in the context of the story.

And I am not surprised that some god thralled scientist (for want of a better term) in the dark ages claimed women as evil, it is after all what your god and your prophet dictates and who was man enough to go against the teachings of the god book? It was tried in christianity and you may be surprised you know, despite the lies of Pope John Paul II that the religious council responsible for the inquisition still exists. Renamed several times and now known as “the Sacred Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith”. One cardinal who recently directed its affairs became Pope Benedict XVI.

Say what? Have you lost it? What conspiracy theory is this? all the prophets were Muslim? Wow, a thousand years before Islam was even a twinkle in Mo’s eye. They were for the most part of one cult of Hebrew or another. They worshiped the abrahamic god in the name of YHWH or Ei or Elohim or one of the many other names they had for god, none of those names was Allah

You say this but I have heard that different versions of the quran exist, Perhaps Mahmood can enlighten you. Certainly there are some difference between the Hafs and Warsh versions so obviously someone has changed letters, words etc.

#2898 Mar 27, 2014
hazem selawi wrote:
<quoted text>
…
Ahh, a tricky one, but I consider it wrong. Einstein certainly disproved that the god described in the KJV babble, revelation 19:6 cannot exits in this universe at the same time as matter. Considering it’s the abrahmic god you worship then that’s good enough for me.

Honey, you are the one making the claim for a god, prove your claim. I know a pink midget, but she prefers to be known as a little person and would be very upset if she heard you call her a midget. The term midget is so derogatory don’t you think? Perhaps you meant pink elephant.

I don’t really follow dawkins, but none the less his theories are for the most part proven, unlike goddunit wiv magic that isn’t.

Nope when someone asks me how the universe came into existence I consider the theories of quantum science that are mathematically sound and fundamental to what we actually know and hence the “probable” cause. I certainly do not say,“doh, I don’t know so it must be my god wot done it”

It is actually very logical for something to come from nothing (or a given degree of nothing). There is nothing in science to prevent it, the laws of quantum physics show it is possible and even experimentally feasible, and the laws of cause and effect did not coalesce until after the event. That you don’t comprehend, although understandable because they are unusual concepts that go against what is usually taught is you own problem.

You will notice that war is not fought without weapons so your point is rather pathetic. No one went to war without weapons

Say what? My logic – you are making accusation based on guesswork that are total lying BS, According to my logic there is no god to feed those in need so it’s up to us to do it. If you think 5% of income for the very richest is good enough to appease your god than that is up to you.

Honey, I do my best by relying on myself. I am successful because I have worked at it. No god required and I find the idea of a god crutch insulting and that you imply my own ability is not enough is really quite rude and ignorant

I know what muslims were doing, strides in science within the limitations imposed by their god book and art, such wonderful art, in what you mistakenly call the dark ages. And as it happens so to was the western world making progress in what you call the dark ages, despite the christian church efforts to hold it back knowledge. Recent discoveries are rewriting out picture of the “dark age”
http://www.theguardian.com/artanddesign/2014/...

Sure Muslims were advancing science and mathematics, and several of the best mathematicians I know of are Muslim. However in the field of science it seems that Muslims have reached their limit unless they chose to disinherit there teaching form the quran

That makes no difference to the fact that the industrial revolution began in NW England, probably with the help of mathematics developed in the east and bolstered with Scottish ingenuity.
Mahmood

Peterborough, Canada

#2899 Mar 27, 2014
hazem selawi wrote:
<quoted text>
My point was that if you read verse 4:43 you'll realize that the Quran doesn't prohibit drinking Alcohol because the verse clearly says do not approach prayer while you are intoxicated (Drunk) " O you who have believed, do not approach prayer while you are intoxicated until you know what you are saying".
according to your logic if we only depended on that verse, Alcohol will become lawful as long as you are not approaching prayers , but there is a technique (used at the time of Mohammed) which is called abrogation, so the point is if we went back to the historical context you'll find out that this verse was revealed before the full prohibition of Alcohol and later on other verses went down to fully prohibit Alcohol, it took 4 phases till alcohol was prohibited completely because as you know Arabs were used to drink Alcohol and Allah's wisdom and will showed us how to solve that problem gradually.
- the first stage and the first revealed verse regarding alcohol:
"And from the fruits of the palm trees and grapevines you take intoxicant and good provision."
16:76
-the second verse and the second phase:
"They ask you about wine and gambling. Say, "In them is great sin and [yet, some] benefit for people. But their sin is greater than their benefit." And they ask you what they should spend. Say, "The excess [beyond needs]." Thus Allah makes clear to you the verses [of revelation] that you might give thought. " 2:219
so some people left [alcohol] saying, "We have no need for that in which there is great sin," and some did not leave it saying, "We take [from its] benefit and we leave its sin.
-third phase and third revealed verse:
" O you who have believed, do not approach prayer while you are intoxicated until you know what you are saying...." 4:43
So some people left it saying, "We have no need for that which distracts us from the prayer," and some drank it outside the times of prayer.
the final phase and the most important verse to fully prohibit drinking Alcohol:
"O you who have believed, indeed, intoxicants, gambling,[sacrificing on] stone alters [to other than Allah ], and divining arrows are but defilement from the work of Satan, so avoid it that you may be successful. " 5:90
finally became fully prohibited for them and some of them said, "Allah did not prohibit anything as strictly as alcohol."
anyways the banning of Alcohol in Islam is one of the most important rules and Muslims knew about it by abrogation, hence you cannot interpret verses without taking in consideration historical context and you certainly should link verses to each other in order to understand Quran, you keep saying that this subject has nothing to do with our discussion, brother Mahmoud you cannot bring verse 2:62 and refuse to link it to other verses which clearly defines true and false Christians, if you want to understand verse 2:62 you should find all the other verses in the Quran which mention Christians and Jews and put them all together in order to understand it, its not a coincidence that verse 2:62 was translated Christian and Jews (before Mohammed).
I hope you get my point, because you are killing me by ignoring the very simple and the most important rules of interpreting the Quran, and as I made it clear that according to your logic not only Alcohol but even adultery may become lawful in Islam...!!
Before I respond to the rest of your post, who in Allah's opinion is a true Christian, Jew, & Sabian?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 38 min renee 43,472
News Why Do Atheists Ridicule Christianity? (May '11) 57 min It aint necessari... 10,138
News Thousands Download Movie Proving God Exists; 'A... 1 hr Eagle 12 13
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 1 hr Eagle 12 256,649
Christianity isn't based on... (Feb '10) 1 hr Eagle 12 106
Good arguments against Christianity 2 hr Eagle 12 252
News Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... (Oct '14) 2 hr Eagle 12 21,256
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 2 hr Eagle 12 18,735
A Universe from Nothing? 3 hr Into The Night 634
More from around the web