Richard Dawkins - God is evil, pedophilesa not so bad

Sep 14, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Examiner.com

"The God of the Qur'an is arguably the most unpleasant character in all fiction: jealous and proud of it; a petty, unjust, unforgiving control-freak; a vindictive, bloodthirsty ethnic cleanser; a misogynistic, homophobic, racist, infanticidal, genocidal, filicidal, pestilential, megalomaniacal, sadomasochistic, capriciously malevolent bully.

Comments
2,761 - 2,780 of 3,031 Comments Last updated May 21, 2014
Mahmood

Markham, Canada

#2870 Mar 25, 2014
hazem selawi wrote:
<quoted text>
and you have not told me what you think of the verse I showed you, there is no contradiction to be solved, that's your opinion and it has nothing to do with the truth.
The Koran is an effusion of Mohammad's emotions and a reflection of his ideas, at least a good chuck of it. The verses you showed expresses those emotions and disappointments at the people of the book for refusing to accept him as the messenger of God. You cannot arbitrarily connect verses with one another because I honestly believe you don't know what you are doing. You cannot take "divine" decrees and add scholarly flavors to them. Besides, I have shown two tafsirs that disagree with your analysis.

Why don't you give me those verses again and we'll talk about it some more.

“Handsome white and black men”

Since: Jan 10

Interracial love

#2871 Mar 25, 2014
hazem selawi wrote:
<quoted text>
and why do you think I am the only ignoramus in here ?
I think you are a genius, because probably you are a former christian and had christian parents, so you took a step forward, I actually think you are smarter than so many Muslims because they were born as Muslims, but you used your brains and found out that Christianity doesn't make sense to you, Congratulations.
I don't think I'm a genius and I readily acknowledge that many theists are smarter than me. You are not dumb, but you choose to be ignorant in order to justify your faith.

Since: Oct 13

Location hidden

#2872 Mar 25, 2014
emperorjohn wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't think I'm a genius and I readily acknowledge that many theists are smarter than me. You are not dumb, but you choose to be ignorant in order to justify your faith.
But you still chose to think for yourself, that is impressive.
if I were you it wouldn't make sense to me that an almighty and Just god couldn't find any other way to forgive all people but by killing his own son ..!!

so if god was the Judge and criminals stood on a side in front of that Judge and his son stood on the other side, he would be a corrupt Judge because he clearly shouted guards...!!! bring my son and kill him although he cried and begged according to mark's gospel but Still god chose to set free the criminals, what a bizarre logic, its okay don't worry you can kill, rape and torture as soon as you accept Jesus as your savior and lord, he'll take your sins and you'll go to heaven, what is that; a free market ??!!

So, Again congratulations brother.

Location hidden

#2873 Mar 25, 2014
Mahmood wrote:
<quoted text>
The Koran is an effusion of Mohammad's emotions and a reflection of his ideas, at least a good chuck of it. The verses you showed expresses those emotions and disappointments at the people of the book for refusing to accept him as the messenger of God. You cannot arbitrarily connect verses with one another because I honestly believe you don't know what you are doing. You cannot take "divine" decrees and add scholarly flavors to them. Besides, I have shown two tafsirs that disagree with your analysis.
Why don't you give me those verses again and we'll talk about it some more.
the verse

"O you who have believed, do not approach prayer..."4:43

don't you think that muslims contradict themselves when they perform prayers because the Quran clearly states that we shouldn't, what's your opinion on that ??!

Location hidden

#2874 Mar 25, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Why are you assuming that I expect anything in return? I have already told you, not all, in fact most charities and certainly the biggest charities in Africa (and other countries) are secular. As for what christians want for there money, this is well known. But at least they do provide a charity where needed, unlike some I could mention who supply terror and threat and .
why do you take everything personally ??!
I wasn't talking about you, I was referring to the 70,000 crusades (missionary works) which started from 1800 till this very day to turn Muslims into Christians, that of course when they all of their military crusades failed Horribly.

Christians wrote over 60,000 Books against Mohammed and Islam, and they still claim that they are tolerant to us, 60,000 books and still counting full of fabrications and lies.
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Why not a Muslim prostitute? Why does the hadith even need to mention nationality? Because it is trying to imply that prostitutes are jewish and that there are no muslim prostitutes, it’s called indoctrination of racial stereotypes in any other language but Arabic
I have the right of my convictions, the right of my experience and I don’t consider a racist
hahaha..!! you are impossible, Just show that Hadith to anyone and he/she will directly say that Mohammed (PBUH) was implying and talking about the importance of animals rights, and that being kind to animals will lead you to paradise and forgiveness and you saw that as a racist statement.

Anyways Mohammed (PBUH) was talking about a pre-Islamic incident, that's why he said a woman among the children of Israel, and to us its a true story from the past because we believe Mohammed doesn't speak from his own inclination

"Nor does he speak from [his own] inclination.
It is not but a revelation revealed"
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
I do not know what I am taking about? YOU WANT VERSE NUMBERS? Because I can supply them as I have previously supplied them. Just because you want to cherry pick and selectively interpret your god book is not my problem but do not ever accuse me of not knowing what I am talking about particularly when I have already provided the evidence that you deliberately ignore.
Such as this evidence at post #2796, perhaps you just an ignorant bastard who want’s to ignore truth? OK, daft question, of course you are.
yes you did show taken out of historical, original and Islamic method context and still insist to understand verses the way you like it, although I brought you another verse as a test and all you could get out of it was that women are dirty ....!!!!!

the verse states Wuduu rules for both men and women among with numerous rules but still you chose to understand it the way you like it .
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
My dear, when you effectively call me a liar when the evidence is there before your eyes then do not be surprised if someone p|sses in you coffee.
The fact that Adam and Eve exist in your book tells it’s own story, a few little changes make no difference to the source.
So you consider blaming both Adam and Eve (Quran) instead of Blaming Eve by herself (Bible and OT) as a few little changes ..!! is that really you ??

so how about the sound of God's steps (Like King Kong..!!) looking for Adam while he was hiding behind the trees, Wow an Almighty god couldn't know where Adam Was, it doesn't stop there God didnt even know that Adam ate from the knowledge tree and only could tell because Adam knew that he was naked ...!!!
ask you Christian friend to recite Adam and Eve's story from the bible and you'll know what I am talking about.

Sister it's whether you read the Bible and the Quran and see the huge differences or you can simply say I don't know, but saying there are only some changes in the details between the two isn't acceptable.

Location hidden

#2875 Mar 25, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Ahh god magic and blind faith – right, I wish you had said before hand.
And just like your blind faith in Allah you have no evidence but you say it must be so because you believe in Allah
More circular reasoning.
If anything is going to cure any of those diseases I can assure you, it will not be faith healing, it will be hard scientific investigation.
Here is one of the major differences between us. You believe in your god and that he will provide your answers (despite so much evidence to the contrary) while I have faith in people. And we actually know people exist which is more than we can say for any god.
you are looking from a different angle, I Believe God created the whole universe and did also provide different rules within our universe, so there are also cures for every disease provided by the creator in the first place and then I Would have faith and trust in the human mind that God gave us to use, hence whatever scientists discover it would be because they are using the bless given by god (minds) to find what Allah already put there in order to fulfill the purpose of life and to make the world a better place to live in.

you believe the universe came out of nothing, all of those rules within our universe could have came by coincidence and/or spontaneously, so there are also diseases and we as humans would use our developed minds to look for answers and cures and by hard scientific investigation, we will use whatever materials which already existed in this world and finally we'll get tangible results.

so at the end we will both be looking for cures, why would your approach be better than ours ??!

Believe it or not most of the Industrial Revolution was based on the works of Muslim scientists, because Muslims ruled Spain and some parts of Europe for 800 years, ALGEBRA is an Arabic word, most of the stars have Arabic names, the basic concept of the Camera was invented by a muslim scientists (the word Camera came from the Arabic Word Qomra) and the list goes on and on, the point is that we value science more than you can imagine, the founder of the world's first academic degree-granting institution of higher education was an Arab muslim woman but that wouldn't stop you from claiming that Islam came to mistreat women and torture them.

Location hidden

#2876 Mar 25, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
So you are saying that it’s ok to go to mosque and prey to Allah while your penis is dripping with female blood and vaginal fluid and semen? What are we to understand is meant by contacting a woman in the same sentence as being sick or having a sh|t?
It is one of those many words with myriad meaning from the slightest touch to ripping out her heart and eating it. I am surprised you have not interpreted as such.
See..!! you are clearly flipping and flopping, you didn't understand a single word from a simple verse, thank you for proving that to us, the problem is that exactly how you looked like when you kept bringing verses from the Quran over and over for the past few months.

Just admit that it is not your specialty, Be Honest did you read the Quran ??
I know you hate liars so I am sure you won't lie.

Location hidden

#2877 Mar 25, 2014
this post is specially for that person who keeps judging my posts, would you please change the pattern; clueless, Nuts, disagree....!!!

ooh I sometimes I get Spam, its not fair my judge button isn't clickable, LOL!!

“I started out with nothing”

Since: Nov 10

and still got most of it left

#2878 Mar 26, 2014
hazem selawi wrote:
<quoted text>
why do you take everything personally ??!
I wasn't talking about you, I was referring to the 70,000 crusades (missionary works) which started from 1800 till this very day to turn Muslims into Christians, that of course when they all of their military crusades failed Horribly.
Christians wrote over 60,000 Books against Mohammed and Islam, and they still claim that they are tolerant to us, 60,000 books and still counting full of fabrications and lies.
<quoted text>
hahaha..!! you are impossible, Just show that Hadith to anyone and he/she will directly say that Mohammed (PBUH) was implying and talking about the importance of animals rights, and that being kind to animals will lead you to paradise and forgiveness and you saw that as a racist statement.
Anyways Mohammed (PBUH) was talking about a pre-Islamic incident, that's why he said a woman among the children of Israel, and to us its a true story from the past because we believe Mohammed doesn't speak from his own inclination
"Nor does he speak from [his own] inclination.
It is not but a revelation revealed"
<quoted text>
yes you did show taken out of historical, original and Islamic method context and still insist to understand verses the way you like it, although I brought you another verse as a test and all you could get out of it was that women are dirty ....!!!!!
the verse states Wuduu rules for both men and women among with numerous rules but still you chose to understand it the way you like it .
Because I am a person, not a robot? When a statement is addressed to me I assume that it was addressed to me.

Wrong, missionaries will not turn Muslims into Christians, they may convert those worshipping local religion or those without religion or the weak minded but consider what you have just said. Would you be converted by missionary talk? Then WTF do you consider other believers in your faith to be lesser than you are?

As to writing 60,000 books, I don’t really know but one thing is sure, it is certainly an easy subject for an author. And of course not necessarily fabrications, much of the dislike of the Muslim faith is justified in the light of civilised society in the light of Muslim atrocities such as 9/11 and 7/7.

I have just done a google on “islamic books against christianity” and received 120 million search results, so lets face it, you are not that innocent of hatred yourselves.

Since the twin towers attack Muslims have perpetrated over 22000 terrorist attacks against none believers in there faith (or particular brand of faith), Do you really think killing a personas relatives endears your faith to non believers?

What you believe is irrelevant.

Wrong, if you want verse numbers just ask, Another verse? I was not talking about another verse? Like all the devoutly religious you have a mental block, you assume interpretation rather than what is ACTUALLY written. And of course the verse you provided does say that women are dirty and on an equal footing to sh|t, yet you seem to want to ignore this bit for some reason.

Tanakh -> ADAM & EVE. Babble -> ADAM & EVE. Quran -> ADAM & EVE. Can you see the similarities?

The story so far… Adam and Eve were in a garden and living in complete happiness. God instructed them to eat from any tree but one. They were deceived into eating from the forbidden tree. God then expelled them from the garden.

Of courser there are difference in details between the books otherwise you would be going to church on Sunday rather than Mosque on Friday. Those differences make no difference to the fact that many of those stories were gleaned directly from the Tanakh.

Whether you accept that or not is you problem.

#2879 Mar 26, 2014
hazem selawi wrote:
<quoted text>
you are looking from a different angle, I Believe God created the whole universe and did also provide different rules within our universe, so there are also cures for every disease provided by the creator in the first place and then I Would have faith and trust in the human mind that God gave us to use, hence whatever scientists discover it would be because they are using the bless given by god (minds) to find what Allah already put there in order to fulfill the purpose of life and to make the world a better place to live in.
you believe the universe came out of nothing, all of those rules within our universe could have came by coincidence and/or spontaneously, so there are also diseases and we as humans would use our developed minds to look for answers and cures and by hard scientific investigation, we will use whatever materials which already existed in this world and finally we'll get tangible results.
….
Of course I am looking from a different angle. I am not a blind believer in god dun it with magic, I am a believer in fact and in evidence and in truth. Nope not your “it sounds like it should be true so it is true” but real factual, evidential truth with the quality or state of being actually true.

To date science it about 10^-35 of a second (tiny, tiny fraction) from discovering what created the bb event. So if that science proves that the event was caused by, as suspected, one form of quantum interaction or another and that no god was involved and proven could not be involved to the extent that evidence was produced that no god could exist. Would you change you mind that allah done it with magic? No you wouldn’t…

No I do not believe the universe came out of nothing, you were the one who brought up nothing, I only responded with the current scientific understanding of what is nothing. I believe the universe is the effect of a quantum event and your accusation shows limited understanding. As for coincidence, yes.

As to why science is better than faith in finding cures lets put it this way. If your were seriously ill, would you prefer to go to an establishment that can draw on all the latest and most efficacious scientifically developed medial equipment to diagnose and possibly provide some treatment for your illness or a mosque to chant and prey that your god will magically offer a cure, which would you choose?

I do not believe it was most, the industrial revolution was centred around Lancashire UK,(where I live so schooling on the subject was pretty strong) and grew outward from there. There were very few Muslims around in the UK at that time and effectively none outside London. However the mathematics developed in the Muslim world no doubt had a profound influence.

Because there were (and are) some strong muslim women in no way diminishes the misogyny inherent of the Islamic faith. Funny really, the first topic of this mornings woman’s hour on Radio 4 was about women in muslim society. What I though was most telling was an interview with the husband of a successful Muslim woman, the first woman in her families history to leave home to go to university, her mother was not even educated. She wears the hijab. Her husband was asked what he would do if she wanted to stop wearing the hajib. His reply was not “It’s up to her” but was along the lines “I would tell her of the teachings and would talk about the need for a woman to preserve modesty”.“No I do not see it as contradictory than a man has no need to cover his hair but a woman does”.“I would not allow her to work bare headed”. Now the chances are that you see nothing misogynistic about his statements and that is the real problem, you do not see…

Also funny that just last week the first prosecutions were announced of a doctor practising in the UK who performed FGM operations. He is muslim as is his agent who is also to be prosecuted.

#2880 Mar 26, 2014
hazem selawi wrote:
<quoted text>
See..!! you are clearly flipping and flopping, you didn't understand a single word from a simple verse, thank you for proving that to us, the problem is that exactly how you looked like when you kept bringing verses from the Quran over and over for the past few months.
Just admit that it is not your specialty, Be Honest did you read the Quran ??
I know you hate liars so I am sure you won't lie.
So you are unable to deny that it’s ok to go to mosque and prey to Allah while your penis is dripping with female blood and vaginal fluid and semen?

IT IS WRITTEN –what is not to understand?

Why do you need to ignore what is ACTUALLY written? Hell it was you who provided the passage.

Why do you need to interpret in the way that best suites you?

I have previously told you that I have not read the quran cover to cover, and I freely admit that Islam is not my speciality. Do you assume by that that I am not able to talk from experience, from knowledge, from understanding, from discussions with those more qualified than myself?

Honey, if that were the case then all you are qualified to discuss is marketing.
Mahmood

Markham, Canada

#2881 Mar 26, 2014
hazem selawi wrote:
<quoted text>
the verse
"O you who have believed, do not approach prayer..."4:43
don't you think that muslims contradict themselves when they perform prayers because the Quran clearly states that we shouldn't, what's your opinion on that ??!
4:43 has nothing to do with our topic of discussion nor does it do anything to solve the contradiction between 2:62 & 4:150-151. I don't know if there is any scientific merit to cleaning your hands & wiping your face with earth as muslims are asked to do in 4:43....does sand really clean off feces?

Location hidden

#2882 Mar 26, 2014
Mahmood wrote:
<quoted text>
4:43 has nothing to do with our topic of discussion nor does it do anything to solve the contradiction between 2:62 & 4:150-151. I don't know if there is any scientific merit to cleaning your hands & wiping your face with earth as muslims are asked to do in 4:43....does sand really clean off feces?
Just go along with me, what do you have to lose ??!!
I promise it has everything to do with our discussion.

"O you who have believed, do not approach prayer .." why do Muslims pray when the Quran clearly says that we shouldn't ?

Location hidden

#2883 Mar 26, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong, missionaries will not turn Muslims into Christians, they may convert those worshipping local religion or those without religion or the weak minded but consider what you have just said. Would you be converted by missionary talk? Then WTF do you consider other believers in your faith to be lesser than you are?
hahaha what a funny joke, missionaries will not turn Muslims into Christians and they may convert those worshiping locals ..!! then why did they write tens of thousands of books full of fabrications and lies about Mohammed and the Quran and distributed them in Africa, India and Indonesia, do you know that lots of Christians learned the Hindi language to trick people and destroy their beliefs , of course muslims have strong beliefs and no one can turn them into another religion easily, so that's why they started to take advantage of the conditions those Muslims were living under, some of them said lets just take the food in order to live and we'll claim that we are Christians, but by time the second and the third generations will lose their Islam and will certainly forget that there ancestors were Muslims and that's why there are now over 60 million Muslims Joined Christianity, it takes time.
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
As to writing 60,000 books, I don’t really know but one thing is sure, it is certainly an easy subject for an author. And of course not necessarily fabrications, much of the dislike of the Muslim faith is justified in the light of civilised society in the light of Muslim atrocities such as 9/11 and 7/7.
I have just done a google on “islamic books against christianity” and received 120 million search results, so lets face it, you are not that innocent of hatred yourselves.
What an accurate way to find the truth ...!!! Google naked and you'll get 174,000,000 results
in .24 seconds ...!!
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Tanakh -> ADAM & EVE. Babble -> ADAM & EVE. Quran -> ADAM & EVE. Can you see the similarities?
The story so far… Adam and Eve were in a garden and living in complete happiness. God instructed them to eat from any tree but one. They were deceived into eating from the forbidden tree. God then expelled them from the garden.
Wrong, both of the Bible and the OT blames Eve for seducing Adam to eat from the tree, such a story created so many problems for women through history, believe it or not some scientists during the Dark Ages in Europe debated the nature of woman, some said women cannot be humans and are Evil spirits.
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Of courser there are difference in details between the books otherwise you would be going to church on Sunday rather than Mosque on Friday. Those differences make no difference to the fact that many of those stories were gleaned directly from the Tanakh.
Whether you accept that or not is you problem.
Believe it or not Jesus prayed exactly like Muslims, and the bible confirms, all of the prophets were Muslims, but big parts of their books were fabricated through the years and were Exploited to serve political and Evil Agendas.

the Quran is the only preserved book, no one on Earth can change a single letter, Just try to read any chapter from the Quran in front a bunch of muslims and they'll instantly tell if you mispronounces a single letter or even a single haraka (vowel).
Mahmood

Markham, Canada

#2884 Mar 26, 2014
hazem selawi wrote:
<quoted text>
Just go along with me, what do you have to lose ??!!
I promise it has everything to do with our discussion.
"O you who have believed, do not approach prayer .." why do Muslims pray when the Quran clearly says that we shouldn't ?
Sorry brother, I cannot agree with you on this. I am talking about 2:62 contradicting 4:150-151. You guys claim that the "Koran is the perfect word of Allah". Let me tell you, that this "perfect word" of Allah has a contradiction which you have been unable to solve.

I don't enjoy rubbing salt on wounds. You either solve the contradiction or we move on to another discussion.

“BAS in Electrical Engineering”

Since: Jan 14

Location hidden

#2885 Mar 26, 2014
hazem selawi wrote:
<quoted text>...believe it or not some scientists during the Dark Ages in Europe debated the nature of woman, some said women cannot be humans and are Evil spirits...
Do you have a source for this? I'd like to read up on it.
Mahmood

Markham, Canada

#2886 Mar 26, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
So you are unable to deny that it’s ok to go to mosque and prey to Allah while your penis is dripping with female blood and vaginal fluid and semen?
IT IS WRITTEN –what is not to understand?
Why do you need to ignore what is ACTUALLY written? Hell it was you who provided the passage.
Why do you need to interpret in the way that best suites you?
I have previously told you that I have not read the quran cover to cover, and I freely admit that Islam is not my speciality. Do you assume by that that I am not able to talk from experience, from knowledge, from understanding, from discussions with those more qualified than myself?
Honey, if that were the case then all you are qualified to discuss is marketing.
Christine, Hazem quoted a verse from the Koran 4:43 that tells muslims to clean themselves with earth/sand in places where there is not water available. Would you know if sand/earth has any cleaning compound or chemicals?

Location hidden

#2887 Mar 26, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course I am looking from a different angle. I am not a blind believer in god dun it with magic, I am a believer in fact and in evidence and in truth. Nope not your “it sounds like it should be true so it is true” but real factual, evidential truth with the quality or state of being actually true.
To date science it about 10^-35 of a second (tiny, tiny fraction) from discovering what created the bb event. So if that science proves that the event was caused by, as suspected, one form of quantum interaction or another and that no god was involved and proven could not be involved to the extent that evidence was produced that no god could exist. Would you change you mind that allah done it with magic? No you wouldn’t…
Nobody in the whole world so far could disprove the existence of a creator, and when you ask an atheist to disprove the existence of god, he/she will say something stupid like I cannot disprove the existence of pink midgets either ...!!

your spiritual leaders like Richard Dawkins taught you to use illogical and twisted ways to run away from direct answers, so when someone clearly ask you how did the universe come to existence you jump to a whole different subject like pink midgets, you act like its a very usual and logical thing for something to come out of nothing ..!!
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
As to why science is better than faith in finding cures lets put it this way. If your were seriously ill, would you prefer to go to an establishment that can draw on all the latest and most efficacious scientifically developed medial equipment to diagnose and possibly provide some treatment for your illness or a mosque to chant and prey that your god will magically offer a cure, which would you choose?
that is a usual misunderstanding of the concept of Tawakul (depending on god), Of course I depend on god but that doesn't mean that I should stay at home and wait to die, Umar Bin al Khattab (the second rightly guided caliph) once saw a muslim who left his camel untied because he depends on god and knows that his camel won't be stolen or get lost, Umar said TIE YOUR CAMEL and then Depend on god, that is the proper Islamic method, if you studied the Islamic history or Mohammed's biography you'll notice that Muslims never went to a war with no weapons, Allah order us to take in consideration everything, because the sky doesn't rain Gold, according to your logic Muslims shouldn't feed the poor nor give charities because we can simply say Allah will send them food, that's non sense and contradicts with the essence of Islam.

So I would absolutely see a doctor and Islam doesn't only encourages me to do so but even made it a must.

you should do your best and depend on god , you cannot depend on god without taking in consideration the reasons of success and then God will help you and will make it easier for you, Just like the Battle of Badr Muslims were approximately 313 and Mekkans were more than 1000 men, but still Muslims won because they did the best they could and depended on god, so he helped them.
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
I do not believe it was most, the industrial revolution was centred around Lancashire UK,(where I live so schooling on the subject was pretty strong) and grew outward from there. There were very few Muslims around in the UK at that time and effectively none outside London. However the mathematics developed in the Muslim world no doubt had a profound influence.
it doesn't matter if those Muslims lived in U.K or not, that's not the case because certainly scientists or students could just build up on previous theories and works, watch this short movie it will show you what muslims were doing during what you call Dark Ages

Location hidden

#2888 Mar 26, 2014
Electrical Engineer wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you have a source for this? I'd like to read up on it.
Alright, you and I should agree that Christianity ruled Europe and the entire west for a long time,
I will prove that to you by the Bible, the Talmud, and the sayings of some of the most influential Church Fathers whose views have contributed immeasurably to defining and shaping Christianity, after all such sayings would take place in communities back then.

lets see how did those Christians understood Adam and Eve story, When God rebuked Adam for what he did, he put all the blame on Eve, "The woman you put here with me --she gave me some fruit from the tree and I ate it." Consequently, God said to Eve:

"I will greatly increase your pains in childbearing; with pain you will give birth to children. Your desire will be for your husband and he will rule over you."

To Adam He said:
"Because you listened to your wife and ate from the tree .... Cursed is the ground because of you; through painful toil you will eat of it all the days of your life..."

with no doubt The image of Eve as temptress in the Bible has resulted in an extremely negative impact on women throughout the Christian tradition and they all were believed to have inherited from their mother, the Biblical Eve, her guilt.

"No wickedness comes anywhere near the wickedness of a woman.....Sin began with a woman and thanks to her we all must die." [Ecclesiasticus 25:19,24]

you can see what one of the most popular Jewish rabbis said about the status of women in Judaism, he listed 9 curses.
Leonard J. Swidler, Women in Judaism: the Status of Women in Formative Judaism (Metuchen, N.J: Scarecrow Press, 1976).

check this website it is full with sources about the women status in Christianity and Judaism particularly during the middle ages.
http://www.islamswomen.com/articles/comparing...

“BAS in Electrical Engineering”

Since: Jan 14

Location hidden

#2889 Mar 26, 2014
hazem selawi wrote:
<quoted text>
Alright, you and I should agree that Christianity ruled Europe and the entire west for a long time,
I will prove that to you by the Bible, the Talmud, and the sayings of some of the most influential Church Fathers whose views have contributed immeasurably to defining and shaping Christianity, after all such sayings would take place in communities back then.
lets see how did those Christians understood Adam and Eve story, When God rebuked Adam for what he did, he put all the blame on Eve, "The woman you put here with me --she gave me some fruit from the tree and I ate it." Consequently, God said to Eve:
"I will greatly increase your pains in childbearing; with pain you will give birth to children. Your desire will be for your husband and he will rule over you."
To Adam He said:
"Because you listened to your wife and ate from the tree .... Cursed is the ground because of you; through painful toil you will eat of it all the days of your life..."
with no doubt The image of Eve as temptress in the Bible has resulted in an extremely negative impact on women throughout the Christian tradition and they all were believed to have inherited from their mother, the Biblical Eve, her guilt.
"No wickedness comes anywhere near the wickedness of a woman.....Sin began with a woman and thanks to her we all must die." [Ecclesiasticus 25:19,24]
you can see what one of the most popular Jewish rabbis said about the status of women in Judaism, he listed 9 curses.
Leonard J. Swidler, Women in Judaism: the Status of Women in Formative Judaism (Metuchen, N.J: Scarecrow Press, 1976).
check this website it is full with sources about the women status in Christianity and Judaism particularly during the middle ages.
http://www.islamswomen.com/articles/comparing...
I am fully aware of the status of women in religion but you said "...believe it or not some scientists during the Dark Ages in Europe debated the nature of woman, some said women cannot be humans and are Evil spirits."

My question to you was who are these scientists and how did you find out about them.

Please keep in mind I am not saying you are wrong. I really just want a source on how you discovered that.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 37 min macumazahn 226,394
Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) 1 hr Mikko 21,506
The Ultimate Evidence of God 5 hr CunningLinguist 65
Atheists forgetting the meaning of freedom 11 hr Jaimie 57
The myth of the angry atheist 12 hr _Bad Company 1
I left Creationism! Ask me anything! 14 hr Patrick 7
100% Faith Free 14 hr CunningLinguist 14
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••