Richard Dawkins - God is evil, pedoph...

Richard Dawkins - God is evil, pedophilesa not so bad

There are 3146 comments on the Examiner.com story from Sep 14, 2013, titled Richard Dawkins - God is evil, pedophilesa not so bad. In it, Examiner.com reports that:

"The God of the Qur'an is arguably the most unpleasant character in all fiction: jealous and proud of it; a petty, unjust, unforgiving control-freak; a vindictive, bloodthirsty ethnic cleanser; a misogynistic, homophobic, racist, infanticidal, genocidal, filicidal, pestilential, megalomaniacal, sadomasochistic, capriciously malevolent bully.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Examiner.com.

Since: Oct 13

Location hidden

#2858 Mar 24, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
A cure for polio?
A cure for diabetes?
A cure for asthma?
Hell even a cure for the common cold?
All these must be by your definition Allah punishing people for not being worthy.
Tell me, when did you last have a cold?
we haven't discovered or found cures for those diseases, but that doesn't mean there aren't any.
in the past we didn't have a cure for the Plague.

Location hidden

#2859 Mar 24, 2014
Thinking wrote:
Bully's special prize. If you don't know who Jim Bowen is, he's the new pope.
<quoted text>
I just found a very old episode of his show Bullseye

Thinking

Cupar, UK

#2860 Mar 24, 2014
Quality. The actual show was actually worse than that.
hazem selawi wrote:
<quoted text>
I just found a very old episode of his show Bullseye
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =pWxviYMQvXkXX

Location hidden

#2861 Mar 24, 2014
Thinking wrote:
Quality. The actual show was actually worse than that.
<quoted text>
really even worse than that ?? and what kind of shows do you watch nowadays ?

“Sombrero Galaxy”

Since: Jan 10

I'm An Illegal Alien

#2863 Mar 24, 2014
hazem selawi wrote:
<quoted text>
the best thing to do in order to have another point of view, is to ask an ignorant ex-muslim, who himself doesn't know why he left Islam ....!!
Mahmoud you are just confused, and things got mixed up on you, you should try to meet the nearest mosque's Imam (I recommend Sunni mosques), and I am sure he'll explain to you everything you misunderstood.
The only ignoramus here is you.

Location hidden

#2864 Mar 24, 2014
emperorjohn wrote:
<quoted text>
The only ignoramus here is you.
and why do you think I am the only ignoramus in here ?
I think you are a genius, because probably you are a former christian and had christian parents, so you took a step forward, I actually think you are smarter than so many Muslims because they were born as Muslims, but you used your brains and found out that Christianity doesn't make sense to you, Congratulations.

“When you treat people as they ”

Since: Nov 10

treat you they get offended.

#2865 Mar 25, 2014
hazem selawi wrote:
<quoted text>
my point is that when you help those in need you should help them without any expectations to get anything in return, what Christians are doing in Africa by away or another is like saying leave Islam and I'll give you food, missionary works came directly after the military wars against Muslims failed horribly.
be aware that I am not saying anything of the individuals and the volunteers who work to help out people in Africa, but unfortunately they are a very small parts in a huge organizations with Political ambitions.
<quoted text>
then good for you, I didn't say you are the one who were bragging, but some do it for bragging and for other reasons, after all there is an authentic hadith about a jew prostitute who will go to heaven only for giving water to a dog who needed it so bad.
the Prophet said,“Once there was a dog moving around a well, suffering from thirst so bad he was nearly dying. Then, a prostitute from among the Children of Israel happened to see him, so she drew water in her shoe and made him drink. Allah forgave her because of this.”
we care about animals and environment then how about humans ??!!
you don't have the right to accuse the Muslims of doing nothing for those who need help.
<quoted text>
I will ignore every word you said in that post because you clearly don't know what you are talking about.
<quoted text>
alright christians and Jews blame Eve, while we as muslims blame both and Adam and Eve, we don't have any kind of snake moving around the tree, there are so many differences between our version and christians and Jews versions and the same thing goes for Noah Abraham and Moses stories.
…
Why are you assuming that I expect anything in return? I have already told you, not all, in fact most charities and certainly the biggest charities in Africa (and other countries) are secular. As for what christians want for there money, this is well known. But at least they do provide a charity where needed, unlike some I could mention who supply terror and threat and intolerance. And do not sit in your comfy arm chair in your isolated living room tell me of your dreams, I have seen the reality with my own eyes.

The implication was there, I was using my own actions in response to your question you decided that it was bragging.

Why not a Muslim prostitute? Why does the hadith even need to mention nationality? Because it is trying to imply that prostitutes are jewish and that there are no muslim prostitutes, it’s called indoctrination of racial stereotypes in any other language but Arabic

I have the right of my convictions, the right of my experience and I don’t consider a racist story in an ancient book gives you any rights to claim righteousness.

I do not know what I am taking about? YOU WANT VERSE NUMBERS? Because I can supply them as I have previously supplied them. Just because you want to cherry pick and selectively interpret your god book is not my problem but do not ever accuse me of not knowing what I am talking about particularly when I have already provided the evidence that you deliberately ignore.

Such as this evidence at post #2796, perhaps you just an ignorant bastard who want’s to ignore truth? OK, daft question, of course you are.

My dear, when you effectively call me a liar when the evidence is there before your eyes then do not be surprised if someone p|sses in you coffee.

The fact that Adam and Eve exist in your book tells it’s own story, a few little changes make no difference to the source.

In exactly the same way as those rules in the quran are outdated and cannot be applied today. There is no god, never was, what you worship is the thoughs of some gut thinking ‘I know how to be popular’ and made a few statements based on existing books which attract some followers and kill the rest..

And in today’s world there are rules that apply to today’s civilisations.

#2866 Mar 25, 2014
hazem selawi wrote:
<quoted text>
we do believe that god created the whole universe, but that doesn't put any constrains at all, we as muslims would love to know how god created the universe, and some agnostics scientists are trying to find out what was there before the Big Bang ...!!! no matter how you look at it you'll realize that both methods will lead to the same results but with Different names.
<quoted text>
your words and your conclusions, not ours, so deal with them as you like.
There you go, there you go. Immediate constraints and what is really sad, you don’t even realise it. You are limiting yourself to your belief and not to evidence.

I really don’t think that science is going to use a bronze age myth to explain anything before or after the event. There are already several theories, each mathematically sound and each valid based in current knowledge (which is far more advanced than god dun it with magic).

And still you cannot prove the existence of Allah and so you have to slope you shoulders and try shifting the blame for your inadequacy on to those pointing out your inadequacy.

Or perhaps I am wrong and you can actually prove you god exists? If so I think you should really publish this astounding fact, after all Jews have been trying for almost 3000 years, christians for 2000 years, Muslims for 1400 years and not one single person has been able to provided any evidence. So if you do have such evidence then prey tell, you would be famous throughout the world, the toast of three religions, you would be seen as the new messiah and you could be wealthy beyond avarice. All it takes is 5 simple words,“I have evidence of god” but then comes the hard part, the part that has stumped billions of people before you, actually providing that evidence.

#2867 Mar 25, 2014
hazem selawi wrote:
<quoted text>
what the hell are you talking about ??! I am really confused and not following any of your points, where did you get the rape thing from ???
O you who believe! Do not approach Salah while you are in a druken state until you know what you are saying, nor while Junub (sexually impure), except while passing through, until you bathe (your entire body), and if you are ill, or on a journey, or one of you comes from the Gha'it (toilet), or from Lamastum (touching) women, but you do not find water, then perform Tayammum with clean earth, rubbing your faces and hands. Truly, Allah is Ever Oft-Pardoning, Oft-Forgiving.)
Allah forbade His believing servants from praying while drunk, for one does not know the meaning of what he is saying in that state, and He forbade them from attending the Masjids while sexually impure, except when one is just passing through the Masjid from one door to another. This Ayah was revealed before alcohol consumption was completely prohibited, as evident by the Hadith that we mentioned in Surat Al-Baqarah when we explained Allah's statement,
so what is tayamum ?? how can we wash up ?? or how can we even perform prayer ??
what does while you are travelling mean ?? so many questions cannot be answered without taking in consideration other verses and Hadiths and of course the historical context, and you cannot know any of these things without going back to the commentaries and sunnah (hadiths and actions by Mohammed), anyways my point is stop understanding Quran the way you like and please stop bringing verses and claim to know anything about them, you brought numerous verses claiming that Islam encourage killing innocent people, mistreat women and spreading corruption.
So you are saying that it’s ok to go to mosque and prey to Allah while your penis is dripping with female blood and vaginal fluid and semen? What are we to understand is meant by contacting a woman in the same sentence as being sick or having a sh|t?

It is one of those many words with myriad meaning from the slightest touch to ripping out her heart and eating it. I am surprised you have not interpreted as such.

#2868 Mar 25, 2014
hazem selawi wrote:
<quoted text>
we haven't discovered or found cures for those diseases, but that doesn't mean there aren't any.
in the past we didn't have a cure for the Plague.
Ahh god magic and blind faith – right, I wish you had said before hand.

And just like your blind faith in Allah you have no evidence but you say it must be so because you believe in Allah

More circular reasoning.

If anything is going to cure any of those diseases I can assure you, it will not be faith healing, it will be hard scientific investigation.

Here is one of the major differences between us. You believe in your god and that he will provide your answers (despite so much evidence to the contrary) while I have faith in people. And we actually know people exist which is more than we can say for any god.

#2869 Mar 25, 2014
hazem selawi wrote:
<quoted text>
really even worse than that ?? and what kind of shows do you watch nowadays ?
Much worse.

http://www.bullseyetvgameshow.com/

And what is sad, it’s being repeated

That’s British TV for ya…
Mahmood

Peterborough, Canada

#2870 Mar 25, 2014
hazem selawi wrote:
<quoted text>
and you have not told me what you think of the verse I showed you, there is no contradiction to be solved, that's your opinion and it has nothing to do with the truth.
The Koran is an effusion of Mohammad's emotions and a reflection of his ideas, at least a good chuck of it. The verses you showed expresses those emotions and disappointments at the people of the book for refusing to accept him as the messenger of God. You cannot arbitrarily connect verses with one another because I honestly believe you don't know what you are doing. You cannot take "divine" decrees and add scholarly flavors to them. Besides, I have shown two tafsirs that disagree with your analysis.

Why don't you give me those verses again and we'll talk about it some more.

“Sombrero Galaxy”

Since: Jan 10

I'm An Illegal Alien

#2871 Mar 25, 2014
hazem selawi wrote:
<quoted text>
and why do you think I am the only ignoramus in here ?
I think you are a genius, because probably you are a former christian and had christian parents, so you took a step forward, I actually think you are smarter than so many Muslims because they were born as Muslims, but you used your brains and found out that Christianity doesn't make sense to you, Congratulations.
I don't think I'm a genius and I readily acknowledge that many theists are smarter than me. You are not dumb, but you choose to be ignorant in order to justify your faith.

Location hidden

#2872 Mar 25, 2014
emperorjohn wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't think I'm a genius and I readily acknowledge that many theists are smarter than me. You are not dumb, but you choose to be ignorant in order to justify your faith.
But you still chose to think for yourself, that is impressive.
if I were you it wouldn't make sense to me that an almighty and Just god couldn't find any other way to forgive all people but by killing his own son ..!!

so if god was the Judge and criminals stood on a side in front of that Judge and his son stood on the other side, he would be a corrupt Judge because he clearly shouted guards...!!! bring my son and kill him although he cried and begged according to mark's gospel but Still god chose to set free the criminals, what a bizarre logic, its okay don't worry you can kill, rape and torture as soon as you accept Jesus as your savior and lord, he'll take your sins and you'll go to heaven, what is that; a free market ??!!

So, Again congratulations brother.

Location hidden

#2873 Mar 25, 2014
Mahmood wrote:
<quoted text>
The Koran is an effusion of Mohammad's emotions and a reflection of his ideas, at least a good chuck of it. The verses you showed expresses those emotions and disappointments at the people of the book for refusing to accept him as the messenger of God. You cannot arbitrarily connect verses with one another because I honestly believe you don't know what you are doing. You cannot take "divine" decrees and add scholarly flavors to them. Besides, I have shown two tafsirs that disagree with your analysis.
Why don't you give me those verses again and we'll talk about it some more.
the verse

"O you who have believed, do not approach prayer..."4:43

don't you think that muslims contradict themselves when they perform prayers because the Quran clearly states that we shouldn't, what's your opinion on that ??!

Location hidden

#2874 Mar 25, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Why are you assuming that I expect anything in return? I have already told you, not all, in fact most charities and certainly the biggest charities in Africa (and other countries) are secular. As for what christians want for there money, this is well known. But at least they do provide a charity where needed, unlike some I could mention who supply terror and threat and .
why do you take everything personally ??!
I wasn't talking about you, I was referring to the 70,000 crusades (missionary works) which started from 1800 till this very day to turn Muslims into Christians, that of course when they all of their military crusades failed Horribly.

Christians wrote over 60,000 Books against Mohammed and Islam, and they still claim that they are tolerant to us, 60,000 books and still counting full of fabrications and lies.
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Why not a Muslim prostitute? Why does the hadith even need to mention nationality? Because it is trying to imply that prostitutes are jewish and that there are no muslim prostitutes, it’s called indoctrination of racial stereotypes in any other language but Arabic
I have the right of my convictions, the right of my experience and I don’t consider a racist
hahaha..!! you are impossible, Just show that Hadith to anyone and he/she will directly say that Mohammed (PBUH) was implying and talking about the importance of animals rights, and that being kind to animals will lead you to paradise and forgiveness and you saw that as a racist statement.

Anyways Mohammed (PBUH) was talking about a pre-Islamic incident, that's why he said a woman among the children of Israel, and to us its a true story from the past because we believe Mohammed doesn't speak from his own inclination

"Nor does he speak from [his own] inclination.
It is not but a revelation revealed"
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
I do not know what I am taking about? YOU WANT VERSE NUMBERS? Because I can supply them as I have previously supplied them. Just because you want to cherry pick and selectively interpret your god book is not my problem but do not ever accuse me of not knowing what I am talking about particularly when I have already provided the evidence that you deliberately ignore.
Such as this evidence at post #2796, perhaps you just an ignorant bastard who want’s to ignore truth? OK, daft question, of course you are.
yes you did show taken out of historical, original and Islamic method context and still insist to understand verses the way you like it, although I brought you another verse as a test and all you could get out of it was that women are dirty ....!!!!!

the verse states Wuduu rules for both men and women among with numerous rules but still you chose to understand it the way you like it .
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
My dear, when you effectively call me a liar when the evidence is there before your eyes then do not be surprised if someone p|sses in you coffee.
The fact that Adam and Eve exist in your book tells it’s own story, a few little changes make no difference to the source.
So you consider blaming both Adam and Eve (Quran) instead of Blaming Eve by herself (Bible and OT) as a few little changes ..!! is that really you ??

so how about the sound of God's steps (Like King Kong..!!) looking for Adam while he was hiding behind the trees, Wow an Almighty god couldn't know where Adam Was, it doesn't stop there God didnt even know that Adam ate from the knowledge tree and only could tell because Adam knew that he was naked ...!!!
ask you Christian friend to recite Adam and Eve's story from the bible and you'll know what I am talking about.

Sister it's whether you read the Bible and the Quran and see the huge differences or you can simply say I don't know, but saying there are only some changes in the details between the two isn't acceptable.

Location hidden

#2875 Mar 25, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Ahh god magic and blind faith – right, I wish you had said before hand.
And just like your blind faith in Allah you have no evidence but you say it must be so because you believe in Allah
More circular reasoning.
If anything is going to cure any of those diseases I can assure you, it will not be faith healing, it will be hard scientific investigation.
Here is one of the major differences between us. You believe in your god and that he will provide your answers (despite so much evidence to the contrary) while I have faith in people. And we actually know people exist which is more than we can say for any god.
you are looking from a different angle, I Believe God created the whole universe and did also provide different rules within our universe, so there are also cures for every disease provided by the creator in the first place and then I Would have faith and trust in the human mind that God gave us to use, hence whatever scientists discover it would be because they are using the bless given by god (minds) to find what Allah already put there in order to fulfill the purpose of life and to make the world a better place to live in.

you believe the universe came out of nothing, all of those rules within our universe could have came by coincidence and/or spontaneously, so there are also diseases and we as humans would use our developed minds to look for answers and cures and by hard scientific investigation, we will use whatever materials which already existed in this world and finally we'll get tangible results.

so at the end we will both be looking for cures, why would your approach be better than ours ??!

Believe it or not most of the Industrial Revolution was based on the works of Muslim scientists, because Muslims ruled Spain and some parts of Europe for 800 years, ALGEBRA is an Arabic word, most of the stars have Arabic names, the basic concept of the Camera was invented by a muslim scientists (the word Camera came from the Arabic Word Qomra) and the list goes on and on, the point is that we value science more than you can imagine, the founder of the world's first academic degree-granting institution of higher education was an Arab muslim woman but that wouldn't stop you from claiming that Islam came to mistreat women and torture them.

Location hidden

#2876 Mar 25, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
So you are saying that it’s ok to go to mosque and prey to Allah while your penis is dripping with female blood and vaginal fluid and semen? What are we to understand is meant by contacting a woman in the same sentence as being sick or having a sh|t?
It is one of those many words with myriad meaning from the slightest touch to ripping out her heart and eating it. I am surprised you have not interpreted as such.
See..!! you are clearly flipping and flopping, you didn't understand a single word from a simple verse, thank you for proving that to us, the problem is that exactly how you looked like when you kept bringing verses from the Quran over and over for the past few months.

Just admit that it is not your specialty, Be Honest did you read the Quran ??
I know you hate liars so I am sure you won't lie.

Location hidden

#2877 Mar 25, 2014
this post is specially for that person who keeps judging my posts, would you please change the pattern; clueless, Nuts, disagree....!!!

ooh I sometimes I get Spam, its not fair my judge button isn't clickable, LOL!!

#2878 Mar 26, 2014
hazem selawi wrote:
<quoted text>
why do you take everything personally ??!
I wasn't talking about you, I was referring to the 70,000 crusades (missionary works) which started from 1800 till this very day to turn Muslims into Christians, that of course when they all of their military crusades failed Horribly.
Christians wrote over 60,000 Books against Mohammed and Islam, and they still claim that they are tolerant to us, 60,000 books and still counting full of fabrications and lies.
<quoted text>
hahaha..!! you are impossible, Just show that Hadith to anyone and he/she will directly say that Mohammed (PBUH) was implying and talking about the importance of animals rights, and that being kind to animals will lead you to paradise and forgiveness and you saw that as a racist statement.
Anyways Mohammed (PBUH) was talking about a pre-Islamic incident, that's why he said a woman among the children of Israel, and to us its a true story from the past because we believe Mohammed doesn't speak from his own inclination
"Nor does he speak from [his own] inclination.
It is not but a revelation revealed"
<quoted text>
yes you did show taken out of historical, original and Islamic method context and still insist to understand verses the way you like it, although I brought you another verse as a test and all you could get out of it was that women are dirty ....!!!!!
the verse states Wuduu rules for both men and women among with numerous rules but still you chose to understand it the way you like it .
…
Because I am a person, not a robot? When a statement is addressed to me I assume that it was addressed to me.

Wrong, missionaries will not turn Muslims into Christians, they may convert those worshipping local religion or those without religion or the weak minded but consider what you have just said. Would you be converted by missionary talk? Then WTF do you consider other believers in your faith to be lesser than you are?

As to writing 60,000 books, I don’t really know but one thing is sure, it is certainly an easy subject for an author. And of course not necessarily fabrications, much of the dislike of the Muslim faith is justified in the light of civilised society in the light of Muslim atrocities such as 9/11 and 7/7.

I have just done a google on “islamic books against christianity” and received 120 million search results, so lets face it, you are not that innocent of hatred yourselves.

Since the twin towers attack Muslims have perpetrated over 22000 terrorist attacks against none believers in there faith (or particular brand of faith), Do you really think killing a personas relatives endears your faith to non believers?

What you believe is irrelevant.

Wrong, if you want verse numbers just ask, Another verse? I was not talking about another verse? Like all the devoutly religious you have a mental block, you assume interpretation rather than what is ACTUALLY written. And of course the verse you provided does say that women are dirty and on an equal footing to sh|t, yet you seem to want to ignore this bit for some reason.

Tanakh -> ADAM & EVE. Babble -> ADAM & EVE. Quran -> ADAM & EVE. Can you see the similarities?

The story so far… Adam and Eve were in a garden and living in complete happiness. God instructed them to eat from any tree but one. They were deceived into eating from the forbidden tree. God then expelled them from the garden.

Of courser there are difference in details between the books otherwise you would be going to church on Sunday rather than Mosque on Friday. Those differences make no difference to the fact that many of those stories were gleaned directly from the Tanakh.

Whether you accept that or not is you problem.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Why Atheist Richard Dawkins Supports Religious ... 2 hr replaytime 711
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 3 hr SoE 76,871
News Nonsense of a high order: The confused world of... (Jan '17) 7 hr The FACTory 4,299
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 8 hr Aerobatty 258,475
hell is a real place. so.. ahtiesm is a faux li... 16 hr Ben Avraham 11
News The war on Christmas (Dec '10) Jul 18 John 4,952
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) Jul 18 John 32,164
More from around the web