Richard Dawkins - God is evil, pedoph...

Richard Dawkins - God is evil, pedophilesa not so bad

There are 3147 comments on the Examiner.com story from Sep 14, 2013, titled Richard Dawkins - God is evil, pedophilesa not so bad. In it, Examiner.com reports that:

"The God of the Qur'an is arguably the most unpleasant character in all fiction: jealous and proud of it; a petty, unjust, unforgiving control-freak; a vindictive, bloodthirsty ethnic cleanser; a misogynistic, homophobic, racist, infanticidal, genocidal, filicidal, pestilential, megalomaniacal, sadomasochistic, capriciously malevolent bully.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Examiner.com.

“When you treat people as they ”

Since: Nov 10

treat you they get offended.

#2778 Mar 20, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
That is incorrect in its entirety. And kinda' funny.
That is completely incorrect in its entirety. If you would bother taking your finger out of your butt and actually try and learn something rather then poopooing out of hand because it screws with your dream that a bronze age myth done it with magic, then perhaps you could make such claims with authority, But you don’t so you can’t
Thinking

Cupar, UK

#2779 Mar 20, 2014
Poor Puck Frick, a sad little man who fantasises about inserting toothbrushes in prison whilst misquoting definitions... Bless.
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Just because you can’t handle facts very well is no reason to try and discredit my serenity

#2780 Mar 20, 2014
Thinking wrote:
Poor Puck Frick, a sad little man who fantasises about inserting toothbrushes in prison whilst misquoting definitions... Bless.
<quoted text>
Little? He tells us all he is 6 ft 7, perhaps that’s round

Ahh I know it’s not right to laugh at you own funnies but I nearly fell of my chair with that one, it was the image of a little fat butt crack that did it.
Thinking

Cupar, UK

#2781 Mar 20, 2014
AKA Prison's Mr Big's willy warmer.
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Little? He tells us all he is 6 ft 7, perhaps that’s round
Ahh I know it’s not right to laugh at you own funnies but I nearly fell of my chair with that one, it was the image of a little fat butt crack that did it.

“Sombrero Galaxy”

Since: Jan 10

I'm An Illegal Alien

#2782 Mar 20, 2014
Mahmood wrote:
<quoted text>
I am.
I figured. Good to have an ex Muslim in this forum. Most of us are ex Christians so it's interesting to have another viewpoint. Have you revealed your religion to your family?

Since: Oct 13

Location hidden

#2783 Mar 20, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
And Muslims claim your godbook is a book of peace?
How may times have I asked you this and how many times have you refused to answer. Please tell me how a bomb can discriminate between combatants and innocent civilians?
To support bombing (suicide or not) is nothing short of back door terrorism. It is fooking pathetic, it is sick, it is obnoxious and you wonder why Islam is the most hated of all religions?
To support murderers of any kind is sick but hey, who am I to complain about your faith? It’s what your murdering bastard of a god tells you to do – you cannot be a good Muslim unless you kill the infidels and take you own worthless life while doing so, so you can escape justice and than Allah will reward you with 72 plastic virgins. Pure cowardice bigged up with mythology and misogyny.
Note - The Taliban have no interest in helping the local population they just want it their way and fook every one else.
I don't get any of your points, I am confused it's whether you misunderstood me or you are totally against self defense ...!!

do you really think that Taliban suicide attack that killed CIA agents at US outpost in Afghanistan is not justified ??!!!

how would you feel if somebody killed your husband and lived in the same house you are living in ?!! or maybe those C.I.A agents were innocents and were at US outpost for a vacation ..!!

Location hidden

#2784 Mar 20, 2014
emperorjohn wrote:
<quoted text>
I figured. Good to have an ex Muslim in this forum. Most of us are ex Christians so it's interesting to have another viewpoint. Have you revealed your religion to your family?
the best thing to do in order to have another point of view, is to ask an ignorant ex-muslim, who himself doesn't know why he left Islam ....!!

Mahmoud you are just confused, and things got mixed up on you, you should try to meet the nearest mosque's Imam (I recommend Sunni mosques), and I am sure he'll explain to you everything you misunderstood.

Location hidden

#2785 Mar 20, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes but for some strange reason christianity is still the biggest/most powerful faith in the world. Perhaps mistranslation has it’s benefits eh?
Honey, to a large extent I know many of the errors in translation. I am no expert, no scholar but I spent 2 university years studying the babble and it’s history as an elective. The work that I helped compile has been used in several books and I have read and compared 3 different babbles and seen the differences.
Yes exactly, but do you know why ?? most of them don't even know what's in their bibles, ooh wait a second .. which version ??? there are hundreds of bibles.

by reading the most popular 4 gospels; Mark, Mathew, Luke and john you can easily notice the change in stories, and precisely the most important stories, little details were added by time to fabricate and prove the trinity.

Just to clear things out Islam is the only religion in the world that its followers is obligated to believe in the Christ as a prophet, we consider him as one of the most important prophets of god, and we also believe that the bible still contains parts of the truth.

do you know that Jesus (Issa in Arabic) was mentioned 500% in the Quran more than the name Mohammed, his mother Mary (Mariam) is mentioned 32 times while in the hundreds of gospels you'll find her name only 17 times , that's almost a 100% more....!!

what do you think of the trinity ?? does it make sense to you ?
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Don’t fool yourself, there are also many errors in the Quran, much of it was, when all is said and done, copied and translated from the Tanakh
Say what? More mythical BS? The quran will become water logged and sink just like the other books
so the Quran was copied and translated from the Tankah you say ...!! where is your proof ??
you say the Quran will become water logged and sink like the other books ??!!!
Dear if all books were thrown in the ocean , all we would have to do is to bring a 5 years old muslim girl and the Quran is back within one day, and guess what ??!! that girl may not even understand Arabic.

Ask you Muslim friends if they know anyone or met anyone who memorize the entire Quran from Cover to cover and see what they will say, and then ask your christians Friends if they ever heard of somebody who memorize the bible from cover to cover by its original language, I bet you won't find any memorize it in English...!
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
P.S. The Tanakh/Torah is memorised by Jews, And while Muslims “interpret” the quran to suit personal preference most at least are able to recite it by rote. It’s only the christians who cherry pick the bits they want to apply to them
the Tanakh may be a different case because it was probably kept in the original language.

Location hidden

#2786 Mar 20, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
I have already told you that quantum physics does not need a cause, if you cannot be bothered to research the fact and educate yourself then I can understand you insistence on going round and round again hoping for a different conclusion some time in the future.
The laws of cause and effect that you are basing your dreams on did not actually exist at the moment of creation of the universe. Not until 10^-34th of a second after the event did the begin to form and not until around 10^-20th of a second did they fully resolve.
Admittedly that is a very small fraction of time, billions of times less then the fastest clock tick of the fasted computer yet devised. But non the less, it blows your need for a cause (a god) out of the water.
And there you go quoting a chunk of quran that denies science
you are even making it harder on yourself, if Quantum Physics was ever proved not to need a cause, I also see that as a Rule, " something out of nothing" or " so many rules (quantum physics) without a cause" , so even then we would need a creator to create that particular rule.

and what exactly is nothing in your eyes ??! nothing means nothing, and nothing certainly cannot find a rule that guarantees for something to get out of it.

I am sorry but everything you said is completely illogical to me.

Location hidden

#2787 Mar 20, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
It seems you can, because that is exactly what happens when you interpret, it does not matter which way you interpret, the human psyche will always interpret in the way that best suits the individual or the group.
of course the way you interpret matters and matters a lot, that's why no scholar ever interpreted Quran the way you do it ..!!
I'll show a simple example
"O you who have believed, do not approach prayer while you are intoxicated until you know what you are saying or in a state of janabah, except those passing through [a place of prayer], until you have washed [your whole body]. And if you are ill or on a journey or one of you comes from the place of relieving himself or you have contacted women and find no water, then seek clean earth and wipe over your faces and your hands [with it]. Indeed, Allah is ever Pardoning and Forgiving. "
How would you interpret the above verse ?? and how many rules can you extract from it ?
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
For the most part the hadiths are after the fact interpretations.
What a load of hogwash, the reason you feel Arabic contains more information is because that is the language you have been indoctrinated in to, the language that was drummed in to you while you were being clouted around the head with the quran.
The most comprehensive, flexible and succinct language is English, it is the international language of diplomacy, commerce, transport and science for a reason. Technically there is not a nuance in the quran that cannot be adequately translated
I don't get your point (hadiths are after the fact interpretation), please explain that.
as for the Arabic language, do you know that Islam is actually a word ?? its not a name,
then why wasn't it translated and was kept as the word Islam ? obviously because it cannot be translated ,you'll find out that the word Islam got 5 English worlds all simultaneously in it; Surrender, Submission, Obedience, sincerity and Peace ..!!
that is a simple example of how Deep Arabic language is, and you'll only be able to understand the general meaning of any verse in the Quran.
you say that the English language is the dominant language in the world, and I totally agree with that, but it seems like you forgot that U.K conquered the whole world, you'll find people in the countries that were part of the French colonial empire still speak French, not to mention that America is now claimed to be the most dominant economic power so its pretty likely for the English language to be an international language in commerce, and the same thing goes for diplomacy and science, so English isn't an international language because of its accuracy and/or beauty, Arabic language is complicated because its deep and rich with words and synonyms.

Location hidden

#2788 Mar 20, 2014
Thinking wrote:
I see you have no answer as to why your god is a c**t.
<quoted text>
I don't understand how can you blame god for diseases like Bone cancer, leukemia, AIDS or whatever when you don't believe he exists in the first place ..!!

According to your logic and beliefs you should consider such diseases as natural selection taking place, your logic not mine.

Location hidden

#2789 Mar 20, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
"Believing something magically appeared" is your take, not his.
He believes there is a non-magical cause.
You apparently accept events with no cause. That's magic.
King of Egypt ..!! you always make a great entrance and hit the target perfectly.

Location hidden

#2790 Mar 20, 2014
Mahmood wrote:
<quoted text>
Before I find the commentary on 3:07, I need to know what has this to do with the topic we are discussing? I don't understand why you would ask for a commentary on 3:07? I am not chastising you for being a muslim, all I am doing is asking you to solve a contradiction and you seem to be running in circles.
No, my friend I am not running in circles and verse 3:7 obviously has everything to do with our discussion, I have a feeling that you didn't even take a look at it.

Location hidden

#2791 Mar 20, 2014
Mahmood wrote:
<quoted text>
It is not a question of how many people died. Lets agree that the figures are exaggerated. My point is that your prophet Mohammad lacked foresight and was irresponsible for not making any provisions for the leadership of the Muslim community. All the mayhem after his death was because of his irresponsibility and carelessness.
firstly the battle of camel occurred many years after the death of Mohammed, secondly you thought tens of thousands or at least thousands of Muslims died in the battle of the camel and the number of dead muslims is most likely around a few hundreds and some say less than 50, thirdly you still believe that Aisha went along with some companions of Mohammed to fight with Mouaya against Ali's followers.

Honestly I myself among with Sunni-Muslims prefer not to talk about the events that happened between the Companions of the Prophet, we do not criticize any of them because we believe that all of them were seeking the truth, so, those who were right got two rewards while those who were wrong got only one reward.

you have also to understand that history books are full of incorrect and false information that degrade these Companions and describe what happened between them as a personal and worldly conflict, while the truth is far away from that.

if you want an accurate and detailed information about the Battle of the Camel check this article which explains briefly Sunni point of view : http://www.islamweb.net/emainpage/index.php...
hiwa khorsed

Bollnäs, Sweden

#2792 Mar 21, 2014
Pedophilia in the Quran

http://hiwakhorsed.blogspot.se/
EdSed

Hamilton, UK

#2793 Mar 21, 2014
Thinking

Cupar, UK

#2794 Mar 21, 2014
My position is that natural selection is completely without emotion, design or purpose.
But you believe in a god that can do anything.
So I want to know why your god is a c**t.
hazem selawi wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't understand how can you blame god for diseases like Bone cancer, leukemia, AIDS or whatever when you don't believe he exists in the first place ..!!
According to your logic and beliefs you should consider such diseases as natural selection taking place, your logic not mine.

#2795 Mar 21, 2014
hazem selawi wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't get any of your points, I am confused it's whether you misunderstood me or you are totally against self defense ...!!
do you really think that Taliban suicide attack that killed CIA agents at US outpost in Afghanistan is not justified ??!!!
how would you feel if somebody killed your husband and lived in the same house you are living in ?!! or maybe those C.I.A agents were innocents and were at US outpost for a vacation ..!!
You are simply being deliberately ignorant so I will ask again. How can a bomb discriminate between combatants and innocent civilians? YOU STILL HAVE NOT ANSWERED THAT QUESTION

Yes I do think it was unjustified because it indiscriminately killed people in the name of a frigging mythical god without trial and without conviction. In exactly the same way as 9/11 was unjustified and 7/7 was unjustified and the Manchester and Warrington (and other) bombings by the IRA were unjustified. It is MURDER, do you have a problem understanding the word MURDER? Or is it just MURDER in the name of you own personal god that you don’t understand?

Honey, you have no idea of my history so don’t you ever dare ask how I would feel, you could never understand how I would feel because I have been there, or damn close and you haven’t so never ask how I would feel. It’s all fine and dandy for you to sit in your comfortable home and make judgements over the rights and wrongs of who dies and who does not. Oh did I say, it’s all very well, sorry, I meant it’s fooking pathetic

#2796 Mar 21, 2014
hazem selawi wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes exactly, but do you know why ?? most of them don't even know what's in their bibles, ooh wait a second .. which version ??? there are hundreds of bibles.
by reading the most popular 4 gospels; Mark, Mathew, Luke and john you can easily notice the change in stories, and precisely the most important stories, little details were added by time to fabricate and prove the trinity.
Just to clear things out Islam is the only religion in the world that its followers is obligated to believe in the Christ as a prophet, we consider him as one of the most important prophets of god, and we also believe that the bible still contains parts of the truth.
do you know that Jesus (Issa in Arabic) was mentioned 500% in the Quran more than the name Mohammed, his mother Mary (Mariam) is mentioned 32 times while in the hundreds of gospels you'll find her name only 17 times , that's almost a 100% more....!!
what do you think of the trinity ?? does it make sense to you ?
<quoted text>
so the Quran was copied and translated from the Tankah you say ...!! where is your proof ??
you say the Quran will become water logged and sink like the other books ??!!!
Dear if all books were thrown in the ocean , all we would have to do is to bring a 5 years old muslim girl and the Quran is back within one day, and guess what ??!! that girl may not even understand Arabic.
Ask you Muslim friends if they know anyone or met anyone who memorize the entire Quran from Cover to cover and see what they will say, and then ask your christians Friends if they ever heard of somebody who memorize the bible from cover to cover by its original language, I bet you won't find any memorize it in English...!
<quoted text>
the Tanakh may be a different case because it was probably kept in the original language.
Yes I know that, I have already said it - often, and still christianity is the biggest and most powerful religion

Who cares? Judaism believes he is the bastard son of a roman soldier who became a prophet and christians believe he is the son of god, which incidentally trumps your prophet idea by a whole deity. And Roman and Greek histories have him down as an anarchist/terrorist who was crucified for his crimes. Personally I go for where there are multiple sources of independent evidence rather than a (somewhat biased) book written hundreds of years after events. Note this applies to both the NT and Quran.

The trinity? Big G, the late JC and spooky, nope but hey I am not a christian. That question is like asking someone who does not collect stamps if philately makes sense to them.

Adam and Eve, Moses, Noah, Abraham and all the other Tanakh personalities that are cloned in tout book and the OT. That proof enough?

Try throwing one in the ocean and see what happens – honey it was your dream, live with the full consequences, the Quran is not waterproof.

The chances of a 5 year old muslim girl being able to recall the entire quran and write it down in a day are pretty slim. But dream on.

Honey, I have several christian friends and one is able to recite his selected version of the babble and another is pretty knowledgeable, it’s her job. But in general christians do not know the babble. A point which gives me endless hours of fun in the christian threads of this forum. However Hebrews for the most part can and do recite the Tanakh

#2797 Mar 21, 2014
hazem selawi wrote:
<quoted text>
you are even making it harder on yourself, if Quantum Physics was ever proved not to need a cause, I also see that as a Rule, " something out of nothing" or " so many rules (quantum physics) without a cause" , so even then we would need a creator to create that particular rule.
and what exactly is nothing in your eyes ??! nothing means nothing, and nothing certainly cannot find a rule that guarantees for something to get out of it.
I am sorry but everything you said is completely illogical to me.
Say what,‘no cause is needed so we need a creator not to cause this non cause’? wow that’s pretty illogical even for a Muslim

Again, the rule that defines cause and effect did not exist until AFTER the BB event. The whole concept of cause is irrelevant, it may seem illogical to you because you are used to the laws of thermodynamics behaving in a predictable way. Before those laws existed the way was not predictable using those laws.

Maybe these will help
http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2012/10/...
http://www.quantumdiaries.org/2012/06/08/caus...
http://www.popsci.com/science/article/2012-04...
http://plato.stanford.edu/entries/causation-b...

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x18zqgd_hori...
This last link is an hour long but I suggest you sit back and enjoy, it’s one of the best theoretical physics/cosmology films you will ever see and features three of my four heroes in the quantum field and a pretty brilliant mathematician.

There is considerable argument over nothing. Nothing with dimensions, nothing with properties, nothing through which sub atomic particle can travel so this may help too or it may totally blow you mind. Michio Kaku expanding on the his ideas posed in the above film with the possibility of how this universe was formed from nothing.
http://www.sciencedump.com/content/michio-kak...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 6 min Thinking 18,492
News Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... (Oct '14) 9 min Thinking 21,121
A Universe from Nothing? 12 min Thinking 462
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 39 min Eagle 12 256,544
Good arguments against Christianity 48 min Eagle 12 172
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 1 hr It aint necessari... 43,131
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) 2 hr hpcaban 3,831
News Why I quit atheism 11 hr Thinking 694
More from around the web