Richard Dawkins - God is evil, pedoph...

Richard Dawkins - God is evil, pedophilesa not so bad

There are 3147 comments on the Examiner.com story from Sep 14, 2013, titled Richard Dawkins - God is evil, pedophilesa not so bad. In it, Examiner.com reports that:

"The God of the Qur'an is arguably the most unpleasant character in all fiction: jealous and proud of it; a petty, unjust, unforgiving control-freak; a vindictive, bloodthirsty ethnic cleanser; a misogynistic, homophobic, racist, infanticidal, genocidal, filicidal, pestilential, megalomaniacal, sadomasochistic, capriciously malevolent bully.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Examiner.com.

Since: Oct 13

Location hidden

#2756 Mar 19, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
You though wrong. Perhaps your islamic teachers were lying to you… Actually the figure does vary depending on how it is measured, I have seen as low as 95% but it is typically between 98% and over 99%
http://www.amnh.org/exhibitions/past-exhibiti...
http://rstb.royalsocietypublishing.org/conten...
http://www.pnas.org/content/100/12/7181.short
I have blue eyes and have studied the reasons for and spread back to first occurrence in Northern Turkey. Why should it contradict evolution? It’s typical of evolution in that genetic mutation causes change. I used to have a cat with blue eyes. There are quite a lot of spider monkeys that have blue eyes
Blonde apes – yes I have an answer
http://www.foxnews.com/images/385241/3_21_ape...
http://www.strangecosmos.com/images/content/1...
http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5060/5575499645...
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3548/329672067...
http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/news/files/2013/...
http://urbismedia-ltd.com/html/images/going-a...
Ooops sorry, that last one was blonde with ape.
I was just curious, Thank you.
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Nah, it doesn’t pay enough, besides, in 18 months I intend giving up work and moving to France where I can spend more time crawling about in caves.
Good luck with that.

ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Translations are what they are, the same applies to the babble, that of course does not make any difference to the faith of the millions of christians who cannot read latin. Saying you cannot understand it the way I understand because you read it in a different language is really quite sad. Is it not qualified Quranic scholars who have done the translation?
and that's why Christians got wrong, and most of the babble got fabricated, you'll only find a very few christian scholars know the Bible by its original language.

according to yusuf Estes (former christian) you cannot imagine the big number of errors in translations, he had to learn Hebrew to get back and study original copies, Just Imagine if we took all the bibles, Torahs and Qurans from all over the world and threw them in the ocean; bibles and Torahs will be lost forever and Quran can be gathered again with less than a day because it was kept in its original language and is memorized from cover to cover by tens of millions of Muslims.

Location hidden

#2757 Mar 19, 2014
Electrical Engineer wrote:
<quoted text>
It is sad that simple logic and reason can't be understood however for someone to believe in a god, logic and reason isn't much of a factor to begin with. This would in turn mean using logic and reason to explain yourself to these people will go un-noticed.
So are you saying that it's more logical to you that a creation doesn't need a creator ??!

I think the following verse fits you perfectly

"The example of those who disbelieve is like that of one who shouts at what hears nothing but calls and cries cattle or sheep - deaf, dumb and blind, so they do not understand." 2:171

Location hidden

#2758 Mar 19, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
So what you are saying is quoting a verse number and saying this verse says Abc… because that is what the verse actually says is totally irrelevant because it needs to be interpreted first to see how the interpreter interprets it??? Wow, forget the Quran, go strait for goal and buy your favourite interpretation instead….
no you cannot go straight for goal and buy your favorite interpretation because that would like interpreting verses in away that matches your desires and your own opinion and that will lead you to hell fire, there is a specific and a very accurate method to be followed for interpretation.
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Because the interpretation adds lots of points does not mean that those points are written in the quran, it means that is how the interpreter interprets it.
but again the interpreter is following an (agreed on), specific method and accurate steps, and should take in account the whole concept of Islam.

not to mention the historical context of the verse (the reason and the timing of the revelation), Sunnah (Hadiths), teachings and actions of Mohammed peace be upon him, interpretations of the closest companions of Mohammed and the most important thing ;good knowledge in Classical Arabic language.

Translations are correct but they cannot traverse same volume of information and feel in compare with Arabic.

“When you treat people as they ”

Since: Nov 10

treat you they get offended.

#2759 Mar 20, 2014
hazem selawi wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know why you have to mention suicide bombers in every comment ..!!
besides for the billion time I support suicide bombers who aim for military forces, I think a suicide bombing that only aim to kill a few soldiers somewhere is a waste of a Muslim life, because in order to perform a suicide bombing the muslim should aim for important targets that may come back with a great Interest to the Islamic Ummah or to Weakening the enemy, Just Like The Taliban suicide attack that killed CIA agents at US outpost in Afghanistan, that suicide Attack for me stands as the perfect suicide bombing from an Islamic point of view, However, 911 Attacks cannot be justified, but honestly what did you expect after Americans killed thousands of innocent people in Afghanistan ?? A Box of chocolate ??
So 9/11 Attack although not justified but for me is understandable.
and for your tolerance, you can keep it for your Hindus, Sikhs and Buddhists friends because apparently we don't need it.
And Muslims claim your godbook is a book of peace?

How may times have I asked you this and how many times have you refused to answer. Please tell me how a bomb can discriminate between combatants and innocent civilians?

To support bombing (suicide or not) is nothing short of back door terrorism. It is fooking pathetic, it is sick, it is obnoxious and you wonder why Islam is the most hated of all religions?

To support murderers of any kind is sick but hey, who am I to complain about your faith? It’s what your murdering bastard of a god tells you to do – you cannot be a good Muslim unless you kill the infidels and take you own worthless life while doing so, so you can escape justice and than Allah will reward you with 72 plastic virgins. Pure cowardice bigged up with mythology and misogyny.

Note - The Taliban have no interest in helping the local population they just want it their way and fook every one else.

#2761 Mar 20, 2014
hazem selawi wrote:
<quoted text>
I was just curious, Thank you.
<quoted text>
Good luck with that.
<quoted text>
and that's why Christians got wrong, and most of the babble got fabricated, you'll only find a very few christian scholars know the Bible by its original language.
according to yusuf Estes (former christian) you cannot imagine the big number of errors in translations, he had to learn Hebrew to get back and study original copies, Just Imagine if we took all the bibles, Torahs and Qurans from all over the world and threw them in the ocean; bibles and Torahs will be lost forever and Quran can be gathered again with less than a day because it was kept in its original language and is memorized from cover to cover by tens of millions of Muslims.
Yes but for some strange reason christianity is still the biggest/most powerful faith in the world. Perhaps mistranslation has it’s benefits eh?

Honey, to a large extent I know many of the errors in translation. I am no expert, no scholar but I spent 2 university years studying the babble and it’s history as an elective. The work that I helped compile has been used in several books and I have read and compared 3 different babbles and seen the differences.

Don’t fool yourself, there are also many errors in the Quran, much of it was, when all is said and done, copied and translated from the Tanakh

Say what? More mythical BS? The quran will become water logged and sink just like the other books

P.S. The Tanakh/Torah is memorised by Jews, And while Muslims “interpret” the quran to suit personal preference most at least are able to recite it by rote. It’s only the christians who cherry pick the bits they want to apply to them

#2762 Mar 20, 2014
hazem selawi wrote:
<quoted text>
So are you saying that it's more logical to you that a creation doesn't need a creator ??!
"The example of those who disbelieve is like that of one who shouts at what hears nothing but calls and cries cattle or sheep - deaf, dumb and blind, so they do not understand." 2:171
I have already told you that quantum physics does not need a cause, if you cannot be bothered to research the fact and educate yourself then I can understand you insistence on going round and round again hoping for a different conclusion some time in the future.

The laws of cause and effect that you are basing your dreams on did not actually exist at the moment of creation of the universe. Not until 10^-34th of a second after the event did the begin to form and not until around 10^-20th of a second did they fully resolve.

Admittedly that is a very small fraction of time, billions of times less then the fastest clock tick of the fasted computer yet devised. But non the less, it blows your need for a cause (a god) out of the water.

And there you go quoting a chunk of quran that denies science

#2763 Mar 20, 2014
hazem selawi wrote:
<quoted text>
no you cannot go straight for goal and buy your favorite interpretation because that would like interpreting verses in away that matches your desires and your own opinion and that will lead you to hell fire, there is a specific and a very accurate method to be followed for interpretation.
<quoted text>
but again the interpreter is following an (agreed on), specific method and accurate steps, and should take in account the whole concept of Islam.
not to mention the historical context of the verse (the reason and the timing of the revelation), Sunnah (Hadiths), teachings and actions of Mohammed peace be upon him, interpretations of the closest companions of Mohammed and the most important thing ;good knowledge in Classical Arabic language.
Translations are correct but they cannot traverse same volume of information and feel in compare with Arabic.
It seems you can, because that is exactly what happens when you interpret, it does not matter which way you interpret, the human psyche will always interpret in the way that best suits the individual or the group.

For the most part the hadiths are after the fact interpretations.

What a load of hogwash, the reason you feel Arabic contains more information is because that is the language you have been indoctrinated in to, the language that was drummed in to you while you were being clouted around the head with the quran.

The most comprehensive, flexible and succinct language is English, it is the international language of diplomacy, commerce, transport and science for a reason. Technically there is not a nuance in the quran that cannot be adequately translated
Mahmood

Peterborough, Canada

#2764 Mar 20, 2014
hazem selawi wrote:
<quoted text>
"It is He who has sent down to you,[O Muhammad], the Book; in it are verses [that are] precise - they are the foundation of the Book - and others unspecific. As for those in whose hearts is deviation [from truth], they will follow that of it which is unspecific, seeking discord and seeking an interpretation [suitable to them]. And no one knows its [true] interpretation except Allah . But those firm in knowledge say, "We believe in it. All [of it] is from our Lord." And no one will be reminded except those of understanding." 3:7
find the commentary on the above verse and then tell me what you think ???
or maybe we should throw that verse away in order to prove your ridiculous and nonsense point ?
man whatever you say after all I cannot put new brains to you.
"For you is your religion, and for me is my religion."
Before I find the commentary on 3:07, I need to know what has this to do with the topic we are discussing? I don't understand why you would ask for a commentary on 3:07? I am not chastising you for being a muslim, all I am doing is asking you to solve a contradiction and you seem to be running in circles.
Mahmood

Peterborough, Canada

#2765 Mar 20, 2014
hazem selawi wrote:
<quoted text>
but the battle of the camel occurred years after the death of Mohammed, it happened right after Uthman was murdered ..!!
I meant that there was wisdom behind everything Mohammed did because he was supported by revelations from the creator, so he clearly was following the creator's commandments, besides we know from our reliable Sunni sources that it was impossible for thousands of people to die at the battle of camel, some say more than 80,000 died, that's a total exaggeration and has nothing to do with the truth, I don't know if you are aware with Al Qadisya battle (one of the greatest battles Muslims faced in the history of Islam) and only 8500 muslims died in al Qadisya, so its nonsense that 80,000 muslims passed away in 3 nights at the battle of Camel.
It is not a question of how many people died. Lets agree that the figures are exaggerated. My point is that your prophet Mohammad lacked foresight and was irresponsible for not making any provisions for the leadership of the Muslim community. All the mayhem after his death was because of his irresponsibility and carelessness.

“BAS in Electrical Engineering”

Since: Jan 14

Location hidden

#2766 Mar 20, 2014
hazem selawi wrote:
<quoted text>
Nice insult.

You call it a creation, I call it energy. Why do you so badly need something to be "created"? Why can't you just accept it as it is? Believing something magically appeared is about as childish as having an imaginary friend. Oh wait, god.

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#2767 Mar 20, 2014
Electrical Engineer wrote:
<quoted text>
Nice insult.
You call it a creation, I call it energy. Why do you so badly need something to be "created"? Why can't you just accept it as it is? Believing something magically appeared is about as childish as having an imaginary friend. Oh wait, god.
"Believing something magically appeared" is your take, not his.

He believes there is a non-magical cause.

You apparently accept events with no cause. That's magic.

#2768 Mar 20, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
How the hell do you know it’s not his take?

Oh I get it, the great god butt crack says so to it must be true.
Thinking

Oxford, UK

#2769 Mar 20, 2014
I see you have no answer as to why your god is a c**t.
hazem selawi wrote:
<quoted text>
you forgot children's bone cancer ...!!!

#2770 Mar 20, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
So says the man (and I use the term in the loosest possible way) who thinks youtube is evidence of god
Thinking

Oxford, UK

#2771 Mar 20, 2014
allah is too limited to get his message across in multiple languages.

That's why most of the killing is restricted to arabic speakers.
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
It seems you can, because that is exactly what happens when you interpret, it does not matter which way you interpret, the human psyche will always interpret in the way that best suits the individual or the group.
For the most part the hadiths are after the fact interpretations.
What a load of hogwash, the reason you feel Arabic contains more information is because that is the language you have been indoctrinated in to, the language that was drummed in to you while you were being clouted around the head with the quran.
The most comprehensive, flexible and succinct language is English, it is the international language of diplomacy, commerce, transport and science for a reason. Technically there is not a nuance in the quran that cannot be adequately translated

Location hidden

#2772 Mar 20, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
So says the man (and I use the term in the loosest possible way) who thinks youtube is evidence of god
Calm down, Chrissy.

Location hidden

#2773 Mar 20, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
I have already told you that quantum physics does not need a cause, if you cannot be bothered to research the fact and educate yourself then I can understand you insistence on going round and round again hoping for a different conclusion some time in the future.
The laws of cause and effect that you are basing your dreams on did not actually exist at the moment of creation of the universe. Not until 10^-34th of a second after the event did the begin to form and not until around 10^-20th of a second did they fully resolve.
Admittedly that is a very small fraction of time, billions of times less then the fastest clock tick of the fasted computer yet devised. But non the less, it blows your need for a cause (a god) out of the water.
And there you go quoting a chunk of quran that denies science
That is incorrect in its entirety. And kinda' funny.

“BAS in Electrical Engineering”

Since: Jan 14

Location hidden

#2774 Mar 20, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
That is incorrect in its entirety. And kinda' funny.
Only to those who can't see beyond text in an ancient book.

#2776 Mar 20, 2014
Thinking wrote:
allah is too limited to get his message across in multiple languages.
That's why most of the killing is restricted to arabic speakers.
<quoted text>
That makes sense

#2777 Mar 20, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
Calm down, Chrissy.
Just because you can’t handle facts very well is no reason to try and discredit my serenity

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 1 hr replaytime 61,602
News Nonsense of a high order: The confused world of... 7 hr Dogen 2,721
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 17 hr Aura Mytha 28,325
The Dumbest Thing Posted by a Godbot (Jun '10) Mar 24 IB DaMann 5,970
Atheist Humor (Aug '09) Mar 22 Eagle 12 452
Deconversion Mar 20 Eagle 12 138
News Quotes from Famous Freethinkers (Aug '12) Mar 18 Eagle 12 2,043
More from around the web