Richard Dawkins - God is evil, pedoph...

Richard Dawkins - God is evil, pedophilesa not so bad

There are 3147 comments on the Examiner.com story from Sep 14, 2013, titled Richard Dawkins - God is evil, pedophilesa not so bad. In it, Examiner.com reports that:

"The God of the Qur'an is arguably the most unpleasant character in all fiction: jealous and proud of it; a petty, unjust, unforgiving control-freak; a vindictive, bloodthirsty ethnic cleanser; a misogynistic, homophobic, racist, infanticidal, genocidal, filicidal, pestilential, megalomaniacal, sadomasochistic, capriciously malevolent bully.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Examiner.com.

“BAS in Electrical Engineering”

Since: Jan 14

Location hidden

#2736 Mar 19, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Bang on target every time…
I love the last few posts you have on here. Very nice sources and very well outlined information.

It is sad that simple logic and reason can't be understood however for someone to believe in a god, logic and reason isn't much of a factor to begin with. This would in turn mean using logic and reason to explain yourself to these people will go un-noticed.

Have you watch any of the new Cosmos episodes? The last one about DNA was rather fascinating to me as I never seen such a well drawn out simulation of evolution.

“When you treat people as they ”

Since: Nov 10

treat you they get offended.

#2737 Mar 19, 2014
Electrical Engineer wrote:
<quoted text>
I love the last few posts you have on here. Very nice sources and very well outlined information.
It is sad that simple logic and reason can't be understood however for someone to believe in a god, logic and reason isn't much of a factor to begin with. This would in turn mean using logic and reason to explain yourself to these people will go un-noticed.
Have you watch any of the new Cosmos episodes? The last one about DNA was rather fascinating to me as I never seen such a well drawn out simulation of evolution.
Cheers

New Cosmos episodes? I have not seen any, perhaps they are not available in the UK - yet.

Just looked it up, surprising that it’s a Fox production. I will look forward to it hitting our backward airwaves, thanks for the heads up
Thinking

Cupar, UK

#2738 Mar 19, 2014
I've just seen the first episode thus far. I liked the way Neil "I downgraded Pluto" Tyson had to mention Pluto's non planet status. Bit of a mixed bag. I found the Bruno cartoon unintentionally humorous but the space scenes were well realised. I'll stick with it, though.
<quoted text>
Mahmood

Peterborough, Canada

#2739 Mar 19, 2014
Brother Hazem, you made a statement that I found very disturbing. You said that there was wisdom behind everything prophet Mohammad did. Let me tell you, there is no wisdom or excuse for bloodletting when it could have been avoided. Numerous lives lost, children orphaned, & women widowed, and you call that wisdom - shame on you. It's not wisdom but call it irresponsible and lack of foresight.

Location hidden

#2740 Mar 19, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Cheers
New Cosmos episodes? I have not seen any, perhaps they are not available in the UK - yet.
Just looked it up, surprising that it’s a Fox production. I will look forward to it hitting our backward airwaves, thanks for the heads up
Yes, Fox, of all broadcasting stations. Seth McFarlen (sp) is Exec. Producer though so it might be the reason.

It is a great watch. They now have 2 episodes out, the first one is a summary of what will be discussed but the second one goes heavy into evolution. It is done remarkably well.

Not sure if you can see them online but Fox is actually streaming them for free, believe it or not. Do not know if it's country limited though.

#2741 Mar 19, 2014
Thinking wrote:
I've just seen the first episode thus far. I liked the way Neil "I downgraded Pluto" Tyson had to mention Pluto's non planet status. Bit of a mixed bag. I found the Bruno cartoon unintentionally humorous but the space scenes were well realised. I'll stick with it, though.
<quoted text>
Where did you see it? What am I missing? I hope it’s not sky otherwise I’m well stuck.

#2742 Mar 19, 2014
<quoted text>
Yes, Fox, of all broadcasting stations. Seth McFarlen (sp) is Exec. Producer though so it might be the reason.
It is a great watch. They now have 2 episodes out, the first one is a summary of what will be discussed but the second one goes heavy into evolution. It is done remarkably well.
Not sure if you can see them online but Fox is actually streaming them for free, believe it or not. Do not know if it's country limited though.
Found it on the fox site – damn only available to viewers of US and territories

Location hidden

#2743 Mar 19, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Found it on the fox site – damn only available to viewers of US and territories
Well that certainly is lame. I'd try youtube although they probably limit by region as well.

“Sombrero Galaxy”

Since: Jan 10

I'm An Illegal Alien

#2744 Mar 19, 2014
hazem selawi wrote:
<quoted text>
everything around us prove the creator's ingenuity, that's right but then there would be no point for a test or anything, the whole concept of the world and life would change.
Which creator, Zeus, Allah, Horus, Thor?

“Sombrero Galaxy”

Since: Jan 10

I'm An Illegal Alien

#2745 Mar 19, 2014
Mahmood wrote:
Brother Hazem, you made a statement that I found very disturbing. You said that there was wisdom behind everything prophet Mohammad did. Let me tell you, there is no wisdom or excuse for bloodletting when it could have been avoided. Numerous lives lost, children orphaned, & women widowed, and you call that wisdom - shame on you. It's not wisdom but call it irresponsible and lack of foresight.
Are you a former Muslim by any chance?
Thinking

Cupar, UK

#2746 Mar 19, 2014
I saw it on Nat Geo HD, which yes, I do get through Sky.
Other providers are Virgin, TalkTalk and BT.

The first episode had some OK CGI compared to Sagan's Cosmos, but I adored the pomposity of Sagan's soundbites and the music was better. You should already know I do like Neil de Grasse Tyson a lot, but he's certainly not as brilliant as Sagan was or as great a communicator as Cox. I'll certainly stick with it, though.

PS kudos to me for resisting the urge to answer your post with just these words: "on t'telly".
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Where did you see it? What am I missing? I hope it’s not sky otherwise I’m well stuck.

#2747 Mar 19, 2014
Thinking wrote:
I saw it on Nat Geo HD, which yes, I do get through Sky.
Other providers are Virgin, TalkTalk and BT.
The first episode had some OK CGI compared to Sagan's Cosmos, but I adored the pomposity of Sagan's soundbites and the music was better. You should already know I do like Neil de Grasse Tyson a lot, but he's certainly not as brilliant as Sagan was or as great a communicator as Cox. I'll certainly stick with it, though.
PS kudos to me for resisting the urge to answer your post with just these words: "on t'telly".
<quoted text>
Kudos indeed. Looks like I'll miss it, we are on frewview. Perhaps it will appear on yourube soon. I too loved Sagans Cosmos
Mahmood

Peterborough, Canada

#2748 Mar 19, 2014
emperorjohn wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you a former Muslim by any chance?
I am.

Since: Oct 13

Location hidden

#2749 Mar 19, 2014
Atheist Silurist wrote:
<quoted text>
What about the Lar gibbon? Blond enough?
http://www.shoarns.com/Gibbon.html
ooh yeah its too blond, its nice.

Location hidden

#2750 Mar 19, 2014
Atheist Silurist wrote:
<quoted text>
Total and utter bollocks.
Most muslims in Pakistan don't even understand Arabic. They go to islamic schools and just mouth the words on the page while bobbing like a nodding donkey. they can read it like I can read a book written in Latin. but I would understand next to nothing about what I was reading.
whats your point ?!
Atheist Silurist wrote:
<quoted text>
If islam is going to have any impact in China they will all have to learn Arabic before they can understand it,because according to you,it can't be understood unless it is read in the language for which it was written.
they of course can understand Quran by reading translations, but my point was is that one have to learn Arabic in order to to feel the linguistic miracle of Quran, after all Allah challenged people of Quraysh to produce only one chapter Like Quran in Arabic language (1400 old challenge).

my second point is that even normal Arabs find it difficult to interpret Quranic verses, and out of sudden you and people like you read translation to get the general meanings yet want to interpret Quran As you like ??!!

Even I don't have the very minimum requirements to interpret Quranic verses, interpreting Quran isn't a joke its a whole Fiqh (science) for instance some verses are interpreted by the other Verses, some verses are interpreted by the light of Sunnah, you have also Qiyas (the process of deductive analogy in which the teachings of the Hadith are compared and contrasted with those of the Qur'an, in order to apply a known injunction (nass) to a new circumstance and create a new injunction), there is also Ejtihad.

its not an open invitation for people to interpret the Quran the way you like it, we are dealing with an accurate method and way of life.
Atheist Silurist wrote:
<quoted text>
You would think that the most important message written in the last 1300 years,according to the muslims that is,would have been written in a language that everyone could understand. The fact that it isn't,according to you,is more proof that it is the biggest load of bollocks that has been written in the last 1300,and a curse for millions who are force fed the crap from birth.
all of your response was based on a misunderstanding of my point, Did you actually Read the whole Quran ?? or are you jumping to conclusions ??

Atheist Silurist wrote:
<quoted text>
You say that your religion plays no part in your opposition to evolution,but that is a total lie. the opposition to evolution theory comes almost exclusively from the religious types. If it didn't contradict what is written in their "holy" books of myths and fables there wouldn't be so much opposition to it from religious fruitcakes. Like creationist Ken Ham said. "if evolution is true, that means that the genesis story is false" He,like countless millions of others,will not accept something they don't want to. All the evidence in tho world won't change their minds. And neither would it yours.
Not necessarily a lot of Muslims believe in some parts of the evolution.

Location hidden

#2751 Mar 19, 2014
Mahmood wrote:
<quoted text>
No, I am not an expert in Judiaism, but I have met some Jewish scholars who have told me that there is nothing in the annals of Jewish history that claims that Ezra was the son of God.
2:62 does not distinguish nor does it define what kind of Xtian or Jew will go to paradise. I have shown you two tafsirs, and both of them contradict your claim. What I do know is that the Koran makes it clear, that those who do not believe in Allah and his messenger Mohammad will burn in hell and I believe you will agree with this statement. Now you are trying define who a Xtian or Jew is by quoting verses from the Koran. All those verses that you are quoting is a protest by the authors of the Koran to the people of the book.
"It is He who has sent down to you,[O Muhammad], the Book; in it are verses [that are] precise - they are the foundation of the Book - and others unspecific. As for those in whose hearts is deviation [from truth], they will follow that of it which is unspecific, seeking discord and seeking an interpretation [suitable to them]. And no one knows its [true] interpretation except Allah . But those firm in knowledge say, "We believe in it. All [of it] is from our Lord." And no one will be reminded except those of understanding." 3:7

find the commentary on the above verse and then tell me what you think ???
or maybe we should throw that verse away in order to prove your ridiculous and nonsense point ?
man whatever you say after all I cannot put new brains to you.

"For you is your religion, and for me is my religion."

Location hidden

#2752 Mar 19, 2014
Thinking wrote:
So all suicide bombers are c**ts. Yet you've posted otherwise. The taqiyya runs strong in you.
I believe sunni fighting shiite for 1400 years+ is holding back any chance I could have to respect your faith.
Also, I am far more tolerant of Hindus, Sikhs and Buddhists because they don't crap on about their religious rights to me all the bloody time.
<quoted text>
I don't know why you have to mention suicide bombers in every comment ..!!
besides for the billion time I support suicide bombers who aim for military forces, I think a suicide bombing that only aim to kill a few soldiers somewhere is a waste of a Muslim life, because in order to perform a suicide bombing the muslim should aim for important targets that may come back with a great Interest to the Islamic Ummah or to Weakening the enemy, Just Like The Taliban suicide attack that killed CIA agents at US outpost in Afghanistan, that suicide Attack for me stands as the perfect suicide bombing from an Islamic point of view, However, 911 Attacks cannot be justified, but honestly what did you expect after Americans killed thousands of innocent people in Afghanistan ?? A Box of chocolate ??
So 9/11 Attack although not justified but for me is understandable.

and for your tolerance, you can keep it for your Hindus, Sikhs and Buddhists friends because apparently we don't need it.

Location hidden

#2753 Mar 19, 2014
Thinking wrote:
So you praise your god for miscarriages, cot deaths and childhood leukaemia.
<quoted text>
you forgot children's bone cancer ...!!!

Location hidden

#2754 Mar 19, 2014
Mahmood wrote:
but the battle of the camel occurred years after the death of Mohammed, it happened right after Uthman was murdered ..!!
I meant that there was wisdom behind everything Mohammed did because he was supported by revelations from the creator, so he clearly was following the creator's commandments, besides we know from our reliable Sunni sources that it was impossible for thousands of people to die at the battle of camel, some say more than 80,000 died, that's a total exaggeration and has nothing to do with the truth, I don't know if you are aware with Al Qadisya battle (one of the greatest battles Muslims faced in the history of Islam) and only 8500 muslims died in al Qadisya, so its nonsense that 80,000 muslims passed away in 3 nights at the battle of Camel.

Location hidden

#2755 Mar 19, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
And why should I put your religion aside? It dictates how you consider so many aspects this life we lead and evolution is one aspect of that life.
Wrong, there is a very small list of scientist that do not agree with evolution. The overwhelming majority (around 99.85%) of biologist and earth scantiest accept evolution. As for other sciences there are no figures that I know of but I do know several scientist who tell me the number is pretty much non existent. You need to consider the discovery institute, the worlds leading centre for the promotion of ID that brags and boasts around 700 scientist who believe in there cause. That compared to almost 6 million scientists in total is a little a drop in the ocean
See
http://www.sciencemeetsreligion.org/evolution...
and many other papers on the subject
How can you find out how a myth created a physical object? Another impossibility set to keep you servile to your god book.
but you still cannot ignore the fact that most people accept evolution and believe that it did occur but only through God being the One who brings it about and does not occur itself.
and there are still numerous scientists who dont not accept it at all (specially humans part) but of course you won't find any statistics regarding that in websites that support evolution ..!!
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually I can blame your Islam for your Islamic governments, I can blame your Islam for you intolerance of other beliefs, I can blame your Islam for its abuse of women (and children), I can blame your Islam for its deliberate ignorance.
you can blame taxi drivers for the bad weather, but that wouldn't make any sense, so as long as you cannot prove it, blame Islam as much as you like.
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Islam in general is against any science that does not agree goddunit with magic. That of course does not include all Muslims, there are some who are open to genuine scientific advancement.
Alright then get me one verse from The Quran that proves Islam is against any science, and I really find it weird whenever a Muslim do something wrong the whole world would know about it and blame Islam, while when other Muslims do the right thing you instantly jump to the conclusion that those particular Muslims are doing the right thing because they are not following their religion, what a bizarre logic..!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 26 min Dogen 70,561
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 40 min replaytime 30,596
Where have all the Atheists gone? 6 hr Eagle 12 120
News Nonsense of a high order: The confused world of... 7 hr Dogen 3,852
News Atheists on the march in America (Aug '09) 14 hr Eagle 12 70,633
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) Sat Eagle 12 258,476
News Why Atheism Will Replace Religion (Aug '12) Sat John 14,736
More from around the web