Richard Dawkins - God is evil, pedoph...

Richard Dawkins - God is evil, pedophilesa not so bad

There are 3147 comments on the Examiner.com story from Sep 14, 2013, titled Richard Dawkins - God is evil, pedophilesa not so bad. In it, Examiner.com reports that:

"The God of the Qur'an is arguably the most unpleasant character in all fiction: jealous and proud of it; a petty, unjust, unforgiving control-freak; a vindictive, bloodthirsty ethnic cleanser; a misogynistic, homophobic, racist, infanticidal, genocidal, filicidal, pestilential, megalomaniacal, sadomasochistic, capriciously malevolent bully.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Examiner.com.

Thinking

Banbury, UK

#2632 Mar 12, 2014
Evolution is way bigger than Charles Darwin and growing. Whereas islam is tiny and feeble minded.
hazem selawi wrote:
<quoted text>
are you admitting that Darwinism is a doctrine ???
you cannot compare religions to what is claimed to be based on the scientific method.
<quoted text>
Are you addicted to take things out of its original context ???
Björn Kurtén spent his entire life looking for evidences and found out that its impossible for apes to evolve into Humans.

“When you treat people as they ”

Since: Nov 10

treat you they get offended.

#2633 Mar 13, 2014
hazem selawi wrote:
<quoted text>
you cannot compare religions to what is claimed to be based on the scientific method.
<quoted text>
Are you addicted to take things out of its original context ???
Björn Kurtén spent his entire life looking for evidences and found out that its impossible for apes to evolve into Humans.
I have told you before how ignorant it is to putt words in my mouth, and like a good funnymentalist godbot you never actually learn do you? I wrote that Darwin was adequate for 150 years ago, science has progressed with facts since then.

And you cannot compare the illogical lies of unfalsifiable religion with peer reviewed science.

You made a statement based in ignorance and I countered that statement with fact. so how is that taking something out of it’s original context?

Wrong, you cannot judge a book by it’s cover and it seems that youi have read the title and though “Hooyeah, juts what I need” However the book if far from the title, Björn Kurtén believed that man evolved from an ape like creature over 12 million years ago,. This he wrote. This he published. So where do you get the idea that this one man (that’s ONE man) claimed it to be impossible? From the title – you sad loser, you find lying about another persons belief to suit you?

Honey, you are showing more and more of you personality and to be perfectly honest, it’s not a pretty sight.

#2634 Mar 13, 2014
hazem selawi wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't have a problem with humans evolving over time and without a doubt I believe that humans were different ,changed and will keep changing till the end of days, however, Humans not necessarily evolved from a different species.
so I don't deny your picture because apparently I know humans were different, but how different ???
we have fossils prove that Humans were bigger in size among with other differences, but no matter how much time you spend trying to find a fossil of a man ape, you'll never find it because we never were apes.
after spending so much time talking to you, I can easily tell that you can never (try) to make a point without mocking me. However, I don't understand how could a degree in Art give you any extra points in understanding the origin of life??? your hobby is to look for fossils and my grandma is addicted to cross words, what does that has to do with anything ....!!! besides I am not familiar with any of your works, you could claim that you are an astronaut and we'll never know if you are telling the truth or not.
So you also deny DNA evidence in favour of religious dogma?

Humans are little different, from other animals, only chance evolution has seen fit to provide improved intelligence before other animals. Some of these other animals are evolving intelligence in the same way as humans did 200,000 years ago, pigs for example are said to be only a few thousand years behind us and currently as intelligent of as 3 years old child.

Honey, I have studied Lucy close up, I have studied other fossils close up. So have these people
http://humanorigins.si.edu/evidence/human-fos...
The fossil record of human evolution can be traced back without break for 2.5 million years and with only slight gaps that are filled in with other evidences for almost 7 million years. There is no doubt that we evolved from ape like creatures.

You were the one who began mocking me so don’t get fooking upset because it backfired and why do you consider providing the titles of books that counter you lies to be mocking you?

How could I disagree? Oh that’s so easy, it’s called evidence, incontrovertible proof as compared to the word of a godbot of little intelligence.

You grandmother is no doubt pretty good at crosswords but no doubt she can still learn new tricks, techniques and word meaning and she will use her knowledge as required, that is what is required to be good at something. I am pretty good at my hobby too. What was that you said about mocking you? Your mockery is noted.

Honey, I do not claim to be anything other than what I am and you can lie to your fooking black hearts content if it makes you feel any better. I do not lie and for you to imply that I do is sickening. However I can pretty much guarantee that if you don’t live in a mud hut somewhere out in the desert then my work facilitates your life in some way.

Do you know who designed the mimic controls that help your utility providers ensure that you live a civilised life? Chances are pretty high that it was my company. Do you watch television or the cinema? Chances are that at least some of the ads you watch and some of the technical green screen stuff is down to my company. Do you drive a car, or ride the bus? I have provided ergonomic and mimic designs for steel foundries, oil rigs and in a couple of cases have been able to provide input into the design of the vehicle. We also provide animated training films for military use that are translated into 18 languages. And in a very small way an input into the output of the simulator for the Typhoon (was known as the EFA (European Fighter Aircraft) back then)

Of course I could be lying that I had input into these systems and that you, out of your hard earned wage in a very small way pay help me for living in this world but bare in mind that I have no tolerance for liars.

#2635 Mar 13, 2014
hazem selawi wrote:
<quoted text>
or maybe because its the only available theory that tries to explain or understand the origin of life, besides you cannot observe something happened millions of years ago.
When you look out into the stars you observe what happened millions, even billions of years ago.
Mahmood

Peterborough, Canada

#2637 Mar 13, 2014
hazem selawi wrote:
<quoted text>
Allow me to answer your question by another question, what if a muslim didn't believe in Moses or Jesus (PBUT)?? where is he supposed to go in the hereafter ??
Every Muslim believes in Jesus & Moses or else he is not a muslim. That is an absurd question. I have never met a muslim who does not believe in Musa or Isa, I don't know about you.

“Sombrero Galaxy”

Since: Jan 10

I'm An Illegal Alien

#2638 Mar 13, 2014
hazem selawi wrote:
<quoted text>
there is a big difference between Adaptation and Darwinian evolution, Darwin's theory suggests that dinus could evolve into birds and apes into humans.
you are saying that your knowledge of science may be rudimentary, so you don't have any other choice but to have faith in what others have told you ....!!!
my friend you have faith in Darwinian evolution, so you are not in a position to attack religions, if you know what I mean ...!!!
No I don't have faith in evolution in the way that you imply, it's just common sense.
I can tell between the crap you posted above and a truly educated response like this'
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
No there isn’t, there is no difference, it’s the same thing. And why do you keep specifying Darwinian evolution? It was a sound basis to start over 150 years ago but things have progressed in that 150 years in just the same way as things have progressed since your god book was written.
And yes there is evidence that some dinosaurs have evolved into birds and yes there is evidence that humans have evolved from an ape like creature. Honey even you favourite author has made this claim
Common sense says that in order to get to point D, you've got to go through points A,B, and C.
Adapting or evolving to certain conditions is the key theme to evolution, hence the term. Evolution after all, is a synonym for adaptation.

“Sombrero Galaxy”

I'm An Illegal Alien

#2639 Mar 13, 2014
hazem selawi wrote:
<quoted text>
You are right. That is why religion should be taught as fairy tales, alongside with Cinderella and Snow White.

“Sombrero Galaxy”

I'm An Illegal Alien

#2640 Mar 13, 2014
hazem selawi wrote:
<quoted text>
you are mixing up subjects, if you want to talk about womens' position in Islam, just say so.
<quoted text>.
You were the one who brought up the subject, pay attention!
hazem selawi wrote:
<quoted text>
I dont know where you got those words from, or what is the grade of The hadith By Mohammed ??
next time when you claim Mohammed (PBUH) said anything put the complete Hadith with the full list of narrators, it will be even better if you mention the grade of that Hadith.
A standard Islamic law reference text says a female ruler is not permitted. Why? Because of statements from Muhammad

For example, this statement in Sahih al-Bukhari, the most canonical hadith collection:

Volume 9, Book 88, Number 219:
Narrated Abu Bakra:
During the battle of Al-Jamal, Allah benefited me with a Word (I heard from the Prophet). When the Prophet heard the news that the people of Persia had made the daughter of Khosrau their Queen (ruler), he said, "Never will succeed such a nation as makes a woman their ruler."

“Sombrero Galaxy”

I'm An Illegal Alien

#2641 Mar 13, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
I have told you before how ignorant it is to putt words in my mouth, and like a good funnymentalist godbot you never actually learn do you? I wrote that Darwin was adequate for 150 years ago, science has progressed with facts since then.
And you cannot compare the illogical lies of unfalsifiable religion with peer reviewed science.
You made a statement based in ignorance and I countered that statement with fact. so how is that taking something out of it’s original context?
Wrong, you cannot judge a book by it’s cover and it seems that youi have read the title and though “Hooyeah, juts what I need” However the book if far from the title, Björn Kurtén believed that man evolved from an ape like creature over 12 million years ago,. This he wrote. This he published. So where do you get the idea that this one man (that’s ONE man) claimed it to be impossible? From the title – you sad loser, you find lying about another persons belief to suit you?
Honey, you are showing more and more of you personality and to be perfectly honest, it’s not a pretty sight.
I don't know how you were feeling when you wrote this post, but it made me laugh.

Since: Oct 13

Location hidden

#2642 Mar 13, 2014
Mahmood wrote:
<quoted text>
Every Muslim believes in Jesus & Moses or else he is not a muslim. That is an absurd question. I have never met a muslim who does not believe in Musa or Isa, I don't know about you.
thank you for proving my point, it wasn't an absurd question, now what if a believer and a follower of Moses died before the coming of Jesus ??? or what if a believer and follower of Jesus died before the coming of Mohammed ???

what is the point of Mohammed's (Islam) message if all the followers of Jesus and/or Moses are still on the right path ??

Location hidden

#2643 Mar 13, 2014
emperorjohn wrote:
<quoted text>
You were the one who brought up the subject, pay attention!
No, I didn't brought up this subject with you, what you read was a reply for a very long discussion went on for weeks.
emperorjohn wrote:
<quoted text>
A standard Islamic law reference text says a female ruler is not permitted. Why? Because of statements from Muhammad
For example, this statement in Sahih al-Bukhari, the most canonical hadith collection:
Volume 9, Book 88, Number 219:
Narrated Abu Bakra:
During the battle of Al-Jamal, Allah benefited me with a Word (I heard from the Prophet). When the Prophet heard the news that the people of Persia had made the daughter of Khosrau their Queen (ruler), he said, "Never will succeed such a nation as makes a woman their ruler."
Do you know what happened during Al Jamal battle ?? and why exactly Aisha said that ??

and after all Persians didn't succeed, maybe that was another prophecy.

Location hidden

#2644 Mar 13, 2014
Electrical Engineer wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes you can observe things from up to 13.8 billions years ago outside of our planet. We know this planet we call earth has been here for about 4.5 billion years. There are many things on this earth that are millions of years old that we can pick up and throw (rocks).
I still don't understand why people take the evolution theory as granted, while any theory can turn out to be right or wrong, why don't we say; maybe we have evolved from apes and maybe not ..!!

there are still so many gaps and flaws for evolution, the simplest single-cell organism is too complex, with scores of highly sophisticated parts, all performing important functions and all mutually interdependent. The laws of statistics have convinced all who have bothered to calculate the odds that even something as basic as a protein molecule could never arise by chance, consisting as it does of a chain of hundreds of precisely arranged amino acids.

some scientists have often experimented on fruit flies and other rapidly reproducing species to induce mutational changes hoping they would lead to new and better species, because as we know the average lifespan of a housefly is 20-30 days, so on a time scale it may be possible to observe any kind of evolution going on, and they all failed to accomplish their goal.

Jeffrey Schwartz, professor of anthropology acknowledged that:

"..it was and still is the case that, with the exception of Dobzhansky's claim about a new species of fruit fly, the formation of a new species, by any mechanism, has never been observed."

I previously told "igor trip" that we don't have any problem with microevolution (adaptation),
but we still dont have any observable evidence for macroevolution (that is, evolution from one distinct kind of organism into another).

Location hidden

#2645 Mar 13, 2014
emperorjohn wrote:
<quoted text>
No I don't have faith in evolution in the way that you imply, it's just common sense.
I can tell between the crap you posted above and a truly educated response like this'
its common sense you say ..!! so even if Evolution turned out to be the Absolute truth, how would that in any way disprove the existence of a creator ??
emperorjohn wrote:
<quoted text>
Common sense says that in order to get to point D, you've got to go through points A,B, and C.
Adapting or evolving to certain conditions is the key theme to evolution, hence the term. Evolution after all, is a synonym for adaptation.
I don't see any common sense in your statement, because obviously adaptation happens on a micro level and doesn't necessarily suggest a change of kind or macro-evolution (that is, evolution from one distinct kind of organism into another)

Location hidden

#2646 Mar 13, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
When you look out into the stars you observe what happened millions, even billions of years ago.
that is completely true, but absolutely has nothing to do with the validity of Darwinian's theory, because unlike your evolution theory the speed of light is an irrefutable fact, besides we can see stars but we cannot see macro-evolution going on.
Atheist Silurist

Glasgow, UK

#2647 Mar 13, 2014
hazem selawi wrote:
<quoted text>
that is completely true, but absolutely has nothing to do with the validity of Darwinian's theory, because unlike your evolution theory the speed of light is an irrefutable fact, besides we can see stars but we cannot see macro-evolution going on.
No amount of evidence would convince you that the theory of evolution rings true. the thought that something so fundamentally adverse to the stories in your "holy" book that it would render it void, but that is a failing on your part in holding on to a belief that is incompatible with sense ,science or reason.

What evidence would you consider acceptable for you to consider the theory of evolution valid?

Location hidden

#2648 Mar 13, 2014
Igor Trip wrote:
<quoted text>
Nylon hasn't existed for millions of years.
Their ability to eat nylon could (and did) only evolve since there's been nylon in the environment.
but there are many varieties of bacteria, I think the Bacteria issue refers to micro-evolution and these minor changes occur fairly often, not to mention that this only occurs in single sex bacteria and cannot be an evidence that apes and humans can create new genes with new functions.
Igor Trip wrote:
<quoted text>
You still expect bacteria to grow legs in a few years?
What does a bird have that a dino doesn't (remember we now know dinos had feathers)?
What does a human have that an ape doesn't?
Maybe they evolved to survive?
some dinus had feathers and koalas have 5 fingers, so what ??!
an ape is totally different than a human, for instance the human Y chromosome has twice as many genes as the chimpanzee Y chromosome and the chromosome structures are not at all similar.

we should both agree that there are numerous laws of embryology, such as genes work together in teams to form body parts during embryonic development, and that makes it impossible to add genes to any genome because there is no way to coordinate any new gene with existing genes, the chimpanzee Y chromosome has 37 genes and the human Y chromosome has at least 78 genes.
Igor Trip wrote:
<quoted text>
That's the mystery of the Big Bang, not life.
The simple trial and error method of evolution by natural selection is all that's needed.
God is an unnecessary complication.
and what exactly does science tell you about that mystery of the Big Bang ??

Location hidden

#2649 Mar 13, 2014
Atheist Silurist wrote:
<quoted text>
No amount of evidence would convince you that the theory of evolution rings true. the thought that something so fundamentally adverse to the stories in your "holy" book that it would render it void, but that is a failing on your part in holding on to a belief that is incompatible with sense ,science or reason.
I am afraid that is not the case, because so many Muslim scholars accept evolution or at least parts of it.
Atheist Silurist wrote:
<quoted text>
What evidence would you consider acceptable for you to consider the theory of evolution valid?
an observable and testable evidence of a change in kind (that's a specific kind of species evolving into a whole different species).

Location hidden

#2650 Mar 13, 2014
Thinking wrote:
Evolution is way bigger than Charles Darwin and growing. Whereas islam is tiny and feeble minded.
<quoted text>
hahaha so you are not just a professor, you are also a theologian...!!

Location hidden

#2651 Mar 13, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
you were the one who compared between the two things and you are still doing it.
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
I am quite certain that you didn't read the entire book, besides who said that he was the only scientist who denies Darwinian evolution ???!!
Atheist Silurist

Glasgow, UK

#2652 Mar 13, 2014
hazem selawi wrote:
<quoted text>
I am afraid that is not the case, because so many Muslim scholars accept evolution or at least parts of it.
<quoted text>
an observable and testable evidence of a change in kind (that's a specific kind of species evolving into a whole different species).
"I am afraid that is not the case, because so many Muslim scholars accept evolution or at least parts of it."

But only what they perceive as not contradicting what their "holy" book says.

This is the reality of the situation.

Scientist Imam threatened over Darwinist views.

A prominent British imam has been forced to retract his claims that Islam is compatible with Darwin's theory of evolution after receiving death threats from fundamentalists.

Dr Usama Hasan, a physics lecturer at Middlesex University and a fellow of the Royal Astronomical Society, was intending yesterday to return to Masjid al-Tawhid, a mosque in Leyton, East London, for the first time since he delivered a lecture there entitled "Islam and the theory of evolution".

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-new...

That was 2011.

Debate on Islam and evolution has to be called off after revolt by student societies.

Organisers behind a British conference on Islam and evolution say they nearly had to cancel the event after receiving a torrent of opposition from Muslim students at one of the country’s top scientific universities,

The Deen Institute, a Muslim debating forum which promotes critical thinking, had hoped to hold a conference entitled “Have Muslims misunderstood evolution?” early next year. Among the speakers invited to attend included Muslim scientists, imams who have promoted the compatibility of Islam and evolution as well as those who preach a form of Islamic creationism.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-new...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
A Universe from Nothing? 1 hr u196533dm 616
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 1 hr Eagle 12 256,637
News Athiest tells high schoolers God is evil (May '11) 3 hr Eagle 12 808
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 3 hr Into The Night 43,411
For Atheists: Why do You Call Theories "Scient... 3 hr Thinking 794
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 4 hr Into The Night 18,701
News Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... (Oct '14) 4 hr Eagle 12 21,243
More from around the web