Richard Dawkins - God is evil, pedoph...

Richard Dawkins - God is evil, pedophilesa not so bad

There are 3146 comments on the Examiner.com story from Sep 14, 2013, titled Richard Dawkins - God is evil, pedophilesa not so bad. In it, Examiner.com reports that:

"The God of the Qur'an is arguably the most unpleasant character in all fiction: jealous and proud of it; a petty, unjust, unforgiving control-freak; a vindictive, bloodthirsty ethnic cleanser; a misogynistic, homophobic, racist, infanticidal, genocidal, filicidal, pestilential, megalomaniacal, sadomasochistic, capriciously malevolent bully.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Examiner.com.

“When you treat people as they ”

Since: Nov 10

treat you they get offended.

#2612 Mar 12, 2014
Thinking wrote:
It's difficult to get gravy down here. When I was a student, I was with a girl from Ashton-upon-Mersey and the gravy was good(!). However the curry sauce is currant free.
I think the dodgiest thing I ate aged seven would be salt and vinegar crisps in a Marmite sandwich. WTFuck.
<quoted text>
You either love it or hate it – Yeeuukkk

Marmite the panacea that will cure all ills in the middle east according to the world renowned lateral thinker Edward De Bono – it’s old stuff but as far as I know, no one has actually tried it

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/de-bonos-ma...
Mahmood

Peterborough, Canada

#2613 Mar 12, 2014
hazem selawi wrote:
<quoted text>
we discussed those verses for a very long time, but you chose to interpret the Quran the way you like it.
for the million time considering your very light knowledge in Quran, you are not in a position to say Quran contradicts.
Comments on my knowledge of the Koran does not solve the problem nor does it answer my question. I need a full explanation why 2:62 does not contradict 4:150-151. More details please.

Since: Oct 13

Location hidden

#2614 Mar 12, 2014
Mahmood wrote:
<quoted text>
Comments on my knowledge of the Koran does not solve the problem nor does it answer my question. I need a full explanation why 2:62 does not contradict 4:150-151. More details please.
you have to take in consideration the whole Quran, you cannot cherry pick whatever you like, not to mention that there are numerous other verses regarding Jews and Christians, so at first you should understand the philosophy of the Quran, second interpret Quranic verses in the light of other verses, third interpret Quran in the light of Sunnah, fourth you have to take in consideration the original context and the historical context of Any verse.

so in short words there is no problem, thus don't waste your time there are some Jews and Christians before the Time of Mohammed and some others during his life and before the completion of Islam will have their reward with their Lord, and no fear will there be concerning them, that of course if they believed in Allah and the Last Day and did righteousness.

we should both agree that Allah is The Just so there is noway He'll question people for something they never received or heard of.

Location hidden

#2615 Mar 12, 2014
Thinking wrote:
But why did mohammed f**k a little girl? And should those that follow mohammed be trusted near children?
<quoted text>
No, we shouldn't be trusted near children nor near old men like yourself.

Location hidden

#2616 Mar 12, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
No there isn’t, there is no difference, it’s the same thing. And why do you keep specifying Darwinian evolution? It was a sound basis to start over 150 years ago but things have progressed in that 150 years in just the same way as things have progressed since your god book was written.
are you admitting that Darwinism is a doctrine ???
you cannot compare religions to what is claimed to be based on the scientific method.
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
And yes there is evidence that some dinosaurs have evolved into birds and yes there is evidence that humans have evolved from an ape like creature. Honey even you favourite author has made this claim
Are you addicted to take things out of its original context ???
Björn Kurtén spent his entire life looking for evidences and found out that its impossible for apes to evolve into Humans.

Location hidden

#2617 Mar 12, 2014
emperorjohn wrote:
<quoted text>
Better than in Islam. When Muhammad heard that the Perisn empire came undder the rule of a woman he bashed them.
Prior to Islam, in non-Arab countries, such as in Persia and Byzantine, women had more rights than in Arab countries. In fact in Iran women could become Queens and monarchs. What did Muhammad think of that?
you are mixing up subjects, if you want to talk about womens' position in Islam, just say so.
emperorjohn wrote:
<quoted text>
When the Prophet heard the news that the people of the Persia had made the daughter of Khosrau their Queen (ruler), he said,“Never will succeed such a nation as makes a woman their ruler.”[29]
I dont know where you got those words from, or what is the grade of The hadith By Mohammed ??
next time when you claim Mohammed (PBUH) said anything put the complete Hadith with the full list of narrators, it will be even better if you mention the grade of that Hadith.

Location hidden

#2618 Mar 12, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
No my answer is that some people have considerably more understanding based on research, experimentation, expertise, knowledge, professionalism, peer review, falsification, the scientific method etc. than a muslim with a marketing degree. Funny how you mock expertise when it comes the stuff you don’t want to know but welcome it when it comes to mythology and magic eh?
As to what others have told me, I have been there I do this myself as a hobby, I spend my holidays researching the humanity of the last 50,000 years in SW France. My avatar is exactly what you claim does not exist, a transitional fossil, I was in the team that discovered it. I have seen for myself that the skeletal structure of 45,000 year old homo sapiens is different than modern homo sapiens. Physical and recent evidence of evolution.
And you should read some genuine research papers
Bollocks, your ignorance and outright denial based on nothing is obvious, The scientific method traces blue eyes back about 10,000 years to Turkey. It will even tell you which gene is responsible and why.
Lactose tolerance is an evolved trait, there is no argument, this can be seen in DNA comparisons between intolerant and tolerant individuals.
My plantaris muscle is underdeveloped because I no longer use it. Like other organs/muscles etc evolution is adapting it. Much of this can be seen in the fossil record that you deny.
And even your hero (who you don’t seem to understand) Björn Kurtén wrote - man and the anthropoid apes, such as the gorilla, chimpanzee, and orangutan, separated from a common ancestor over 12 million years ago.- Common ancestor?
And what do you have? Evolution can’t exist because a bronze age book says goddinit with magic?
Perhaps you should try reading
Evolution The Human Story by Dr. Alice Roberts
Evolution by Mark Ridley
The Greatest Show on Earth: The Evidence for Evolution by Dawkins, Richard
Evolution by Douglas Futuyma
Evolution by Jean-Baptiste De Panafieu, Patrick Gries and Linda Asher
All academic works, the mark Ridley book has become the undergraduate standard for evolution study throughout the world.
I don't have a problem with humans evolving over time and without a doubt I believe that humans were different ,changed and will keep changing till the end of days, however, Humans not necessarily evolved from a different species.

so I don't deny your picture because apparently I know humans were different, but how different ???

we have fossils prove that Humans were bigger in size among with other differences, but no matter how much time you spend trying to find a fossil of a man ape, you'll never find it because we never were apes.

after spending so much time talking to you, I can easily tell that you can never (try) to make a point without mocking me. However, I don't understand how could a degree in Art give you any extra points in understanding the origin of life??? your hobby is to look for fossils and my grandma is addicted to cross words, what does that has to do with anything ....!!! besides I am not familiar with any of your works, you could claim that you are an astronaut and we'll never know if you are telling the truth or not.

Location hidden

#2619 Mar 12, 2014
Igor Trip wrote:
<quoted text>
So you accept there are multiple species of bacteria then?
So why don't you accept a bacteria changing into a new species of bacteria, one that can digest nylon?
They don't have to grow legs to be a new species.
New or modified genes equal a new variant or species.
so you are basically saying that Bacteria millions of years ago evolved into a new bacteria that can digest Nylon.

for me there are 2 problems within this statement; hundreds of thousands to million of years is a very long period of time so its not an observable evidence.

the second problem is that Bacteria remained bacteria that isn't a big change like an ape to human or a dinu to bird.

maybe bacteria evolved to survive (normal adaptation)
Igor Trip wrote:
<quoted text>
Have you tried searching the internet?
Mechanisms of genome evolution
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Genome_evolution...
These include:
Gene duplication.
Whole gene duplication.
Transposable elements.
Mutations.
Pseudogenes.
Exon shuffling.
Here's a question for which I've never received an answer.
How much would a dog have to change before it's no longer a wolf but a new species?
The problem with your question is that all new species are just modifications of existing species so there's no clear barrier as to when it's different enough to be considered a different species.
lets assume that all what you are saying turned out to be true, and life evolved from the simplest from to the most complex, then what ??

don't we need some kind of rules that guarantee evolving ? don't we need some sort of Mechanisms of genome evolution ?? or don't we need in the firs place genomes ??
no matter how you look at it, we'll always need something before nothing.
Igor Trip wrote:
<quoted text>
Also all life is very similar. All birds have the same basic body plan (even penguins) as do fish, insects, spiders etc. We even share half our dna with a banana.
What dogs prove is just how flexible genes are and that given millions of years all the variations on life we see can evolve from simpler ancestors.
a very simple answer, great order and one creator.

“BAS in Electrical Engineering”

Since: Jan 14

Location hidden

#2620 Mar 12, 2014
So the evidence that we have found does not suggest to you that evolution is how we become what we are?

Location hidden

#2621 Mar 12, 2014
Electrical Engineer wrote:
So the evidence that we have found does not suggest to you that evolution is how we become what we are?
the scientific method
is a method of procedure that has characterized natural science since the 17th century, consisting in systematic observation, measurement, and experiment, and the formulation, testing, and modification of hypotheses.

the evidence you have so far cannot be observed nor tested, in order to accept Darwin's theory one have to have faith in what may have happened before millions or tens of millions of years.

Location hidden

#2622 Mar 12, 2014
hazem selawi wrote:
<quoted text>
the scientific method
is a method of procedure that has characterized natural science since the 17th century, consisting in systematic observation, measurement, and experiment, and the formulation, testing, and modification of hypotheses.
the evidence you have so far cannot be observed nor tested, in order to accept Darwin's theory one have to have faith in what may have happened before millions or tens of millions of years.
It is actually based purely on observation and that there is no other way to explain it that fits within this worlds physics. It isn't faith that he was right. It is more so that there is no other explanation at this time. We take the facts that we can gather through observation and experiments and until something else arrives, what we have is the accepted truth.

With your explanation of what scientific, nothing can be proven that hasn't happened since the 17th century. The observed evidence are fossils and carbon dating. Experiments also point to this happening with lab testing.

We know how planets and stars are formed. We have seen viruses evolve, therefore requiring new strands of vaccines. We know evolution is indeed what causes one specie to turn into another.

“Evil Atheist :-)”

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#2623 Mar 12, 2014
hazem selawi wrote:
<quoted text>
so you are basically saying that Bacteria millions of years ago evolved into a new bacteria that can digest Nylon.
for me there are 2 problems within this statement; hundreds of thousands to million of years is a very long period of time so its not an observable evidence.
Nylon hasn't existed for millions of years.
Their ability to eat nylon could (and did) only evolve since there's been nylon in the environment.
hazem selawi wrote:
the second problem is that Bacteria remained bacteria that isn't a big change like an ape to human or a dinu to bird.
maybe bacteria evolved to survive (normal adaptation)
You still expect bacteria to grow legs in a few years?
What does a bird have that a dino doesn't (remember we now know dinos had feathers)?
What does a human have that an ape doesn't?
Maybe they evolved to survive?
hazem selawi wrote:
lets assume that all what you are saying turned out to be true, and life evolved from the simplest from to the most complex, then what ??
don't we need some kind of rules that guarantee evolving ? don't we need some sort of Mechanisms of genome evolution ??
Did you read the link I provided that gave the mechanisms for the genome evolving?
hazem selawi wrote:
or don't we need in the firs place genomes ??
All the ideas on how life first started don't involve a genome. Dna would evolve much later.
hazem selawi wrote:
no matter how you look at it, we'll always need something before nothing.
That's the mystery of the Big Bang, not life.
hazem selawi wrote:
a very simple answer, great order and one creator.
The simple trial and error method of evolution by natural selection is all that's needed.

God is an unnecessary complication.

Location hidden

#2624 Mar 12, 2014
Electrical Engineer wrote:
<quoted text>
It is actually based purely on observation and that there is no other way to explain it that fits within this worlds physics. It isn't faith that he was right. It is more so that there is no other explanation at this time. We take the facts that we can gather through observation and experiments and until something else arrives, what we have is the accepted truth.
With your explanation of what scientific, nothing can be proven that hasn't happened since the 17th century. The observed evidence are fossils and carbon dating. Experiments also point to this happening with lab testing.
We know how planets and stars are formed. We have seen viruses evolve, therefore requiring new strands of vaccines. We know evolution is indeed what causes one specie to turn into another.
or maybe because its the only available theory that tries to explain or understand the origin of life, besides you cannot observe something happened millions of years ago.

Location hidden

#2625 Mar 12, 2014
hazem selawi wrote:
...besides you cannot observe something happened millions of years ago.
This is a desperate argument used by people who want to dismiss the evidence.

Have you figured out yet why we have a gene to make vitamin C but it's broken?

Location hidden

#2626 Mar 12, 2014
hazem selawi wrote:
<quoted text>
or maybe because its the only available theory that tries to explain or understand the origin of life, besides you cannot observe something happened millions of years ago.
Yes you can observe things from up to 13.8 billions years ago outside of our planet. We know this planet we call earth has been here for about 4.5 billion years. There are many things on this earth that are millions of years old that we can pick up and throw (rocks).
Mahmood

Peterborough, Canada

#2627 Mar 12, 2014
hazem selawi wrote:
<quoted text>
you have to take in consideration the whole Quran, you cannot cherry pick whatever you like, not to mention that there are numerous other verses regarding Jews and Christians, so at first you should understand the philosophy of the Quran, second interpret Quranic verses in the light of other verses, third interpret Quran in the light of Sunnah, fourth you have to take in consideration the original context and the historical context of Any verse.
so in short words there is no problem, thus don't waste your time there are some Jews and Christians before the Time of Mohammed and some others during his life and before the completion of Islam will have their reward with their Lord, and no fear will there be concerning them, that of course if they believed in Allah and the Last Day and did righteousness.
we should both agree that Allah is The Just so there is noway He'll question people for something they never received or heard of.
Don't play the "cherry pick" card with me please.

The verse (2:62) does not specify pre or post Mohammad. All it says that people of the book have nothing to fear (unconditional).

Location hidden

#2628 Mar 12, 2014
Mahmood wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't play the "cherry pick" card with me please.
The verse (2:62) does not specify pre or post Mohammad. All it says that people of the book have nothing to fear (unconditional).
Allow me to answer your question by another question, what if a muslim didn't believe in Moses or Jesus (PBUT)?? where is he supposed to go in the hereafter ??

Location hidden

#2629 Mar 12, 2014
Igor Trip wrote:
<quoted text>
This is a desperate argument used by people who want to dismiss the evidence.
Have you figured out yet why we have a gene to make vitamin C but it's broken?
No, I haven't, why is it broken ?

Location hidden

#2630 Mar 12, 2014
hazem selawi wrote:
<quoted text>
No, I haven't, why is it broken ?
We don't need to make our own vitamin C provided we eat a healthy diet of fruit and veg so a damaged gene isn't going to kill us. This suggests our distant ancestors didn't eat enough foods high in vitamin C and that takes us back to before we were primates.

If a God had decided we no longer needed this gene (even though some primates still have it) then we should have expected him to remove the gene not just damage it.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vitamin_C
Thinking

Banbury, UK

#2631 Mar 12, 2014
I'm only 45 (in my culture I'm only half done) but you've just admitted to child abuse.
hazem selawi wrote:
<quoted text>
No, we shouldn't be trusted near children nor near old men like yourself.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 2 hr Regolith Based Li... 32,169
hell is a real place. so.. ahtiesm is a faux li... 3 hr Eagle 12 - 12
News Why Atheist Richard Dawkins Supports Religious ... 3 hr Eagle 12 - 760
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 4 hr Science 76,945
News Nonsense of a high order: The confused world of... (Jan '17) 8 hr Dogen 4,309
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 9 hr superwilly 258,476
News The war on Christmas (Dec '10) Jul 18 John 4,952
More from around the web