Richard Dawkins - God is evil, pedophilesa not so bad

There are 20 comments on the Sep 14, 2013, Examiner.com story titled Richard Dawkins - God is evil, pedophilesa not so bad. In it, Examiner.com reports that:

"The God of the Qur'an is arguably the most unpleasant character in all fiction: jealous and proud of it; a petty, unjust, unforgiving control-freak; a vindictive, bloodthirsty ethnic cleanser; a misogynistic, homophobic, racist, infanticidal, genocidal, filicidal, pestilential, megalomaniacal, sadomasochistic, capriciously malevolent bully.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Examiner.com.

Thinking

Twickenham, UK

#2585 Mar 10, 2014
If you don't believe Evolution works you are a fucktard.
hazem selawi wrote:
<quoted text>
hahah, What an answer , Wow....!!
do you actually believe yourself ???!!
your evidence is that some qualified experts spent their lives studying Darwinian theory ...!!
so you totally have faith in what others have told, and for your information there are also numerous Qualified experts (biologists, zoologists, botanists, ornithologists ....) spent their lives studying Darwin's theory and proved its inaccuracy and errors.
you should read the book "not from apes" written by BjŲrn Kurtťn, who literally spent his life trying to find evidences to support Darwin's theory and wrote over 20 books about evolution and relevant subjects.
here is the list of his books on Amazon
http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=la_B001H6KY6G_pg_...
<quoted text>
you call that evidence ???!!
trust my faith has nothing to do with that, the problem is that you claim that you have knowledge and claim that you are following the scientific method, while you are actually Just following a propaganda Blindly, you probably visited the national Museum, took a picture near the Skull of the man ape, which is with no doubt according to numerous scientists (non muslims) is fake, open your eyes because obviously you are the one who has faith in something with no evidence, not me ...!!!!!
why don't you read some of BjŲrn Kurtťn's works, the book not from apes is only for 28$ and totally worth it.
Mahmood

Mississauga, Canada

#2586 Mar 10, 2014
hazem selawi wrote:
<quoted text>
you can add whatever you like, it wouldn't make a difference because obviously you cannot prove your own beliefs, thus you are not in a position to make any judgments.
Has the scientific community accepted the creationist theory? When they do & when they debunk Evolution, I will accept their hypothesis. I suggest you watch the debate between Bill Nye & Ken Ham.

Since: Oct 13

Location hidden

#2587 Mar 10, 2014
Igor Trip wrote:
<quoted text>
How many Kinds of bacteria are there? I bet you haven't a clue and think there's only one.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bacteria
How many Kinds of Eukaryote are there?
If there's only one Kind of bacteria then there's only one Kind of Eukaryote which means all fish, amphibian, reptiles, mammals, insects, spiders, worms etc are one Kind.
of course I know that there are so many kinds of bacteria, that wasn't my point.
lets make things more simple

Bacteria belongs to Monera kingdom (single-celled organisms, without nucleus)
Monera kingdom has several sub-kingdoms or phylums such as :Archaebacteria, Eubacteria,
Anaerobic Phototrophic bacteria, Cyanobacteria, Prochlorophyta and Schizophyta.

Eukaryote is any living thing whose cells contain a nucleus and other structures (organelles) enclosed within membranes.

I am totally confused and don't get your point, are you saying that some Bacteria changed into another species ?? and when exactly did that happen ??
Igor Trip wrote:
<quoted text>
And we have all the observable evidence and testable we need.
Just look at how quickly all those weird dog breeds have been bred from wolfs. Is a chihuahua still a wolf?
yeah in your dreams, this whole thing is a big propaganda.
can we agree that Formulae are the only reliable way to test a theory ???!!

Every scientific theory has a formula, except the Theory of Evolution, why is that ??
Igor Trip wrote:
<quoted text>
What's stopping a small mammal evolving into every mammal we see today?
Fossils and dna are testable as they have to fit into a branching tree of life.
Endogenous retroviruses (or ERVs) are viruses that infected the dna of eggs cells or sperm and were then passed on to subsequent generations. The only way the same erv's could be found in different species in the same place is if they are related. So they can be use to confirm we do share a common ancestor with chimpanzees.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Evidence_of_common_desc...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Endogenous_retro...
so you believe that we evolved from the simplest form of bacterial life to way more complex forms of life, I think that the basic bacteria had less than 500 genes; man has over 22 thousands, thus In order for bacteria to evolve into man, organisms would have to be able to add genes. But there is no genetic mechanism that adds a gene.(Mutations change an existing gene but never add a gene.) This means there is no mechanism for Darwinian Evolution and has no formula.
Igor Trip wrote:
<quoted text>
Because I'm evil I now request you to define Kind with a proper scientific definition.
As all life is related I know you can't do it.
I wanted you to give me one observable evidence of one species changing into another species, so far you gave me examples may happened before 90 or 100 millions of years.

I am sorry but I cannot have faith in that, I need to see a living thing evolving from a species to another in front of my eyes, or otherwise It will be a belief.
Igor Trip wrote:
<quoted text>
No biologist believes most fossils are fabricated.
Very few don't accept evolution.
there are so many scientists against the evolution theory but it seems that only the

Evolution scientists know about the numerous flaws within the theory, but they have successfully covered them up with the help of a worldwide Darwin Conspiracy that actively suppresses the fact that Darwinism is not scientific but just an atheist doctrine.

I don't get it, why is that theory linked strongly with atheism, lets assume that Darwin was right , then what does this theory have to do with the existence of a creator ??

you see similarities in the genomes of all living things and conclude that there is no creator, on the other hand when I see such similarities I instantly conclude that there is only one Originator for this universe who is the Possessor of All Strength, Allah.

Location hidden

#2588 Mar 10, 2014
Thinking wrote:
If you don't believe Evolution works you are a fucktard.
<quoted text>
as you like professor Einstein.

Location hidden

#2589 Mar 10, 2014
Mahmood wrote:
<quoted text>
Has the scientific community accepted the creationist theory? When they do & when they debunk Evolution, I will accept their hypothesis. I suggest you watch the debate between Bill Nye & Ken Ham.
and when do you exactly do you get to think for yourself ??
it seems like you are easily dragged to anything, what if the scientific community accepted that the earth is flat ??? that of course happened before and people like you were deceived.

“I started out with nothing”

Since: Nov 10

and still got most of it left

#2590 Mar 11, 2014
hazem selawi wrote:
<quoted text>
hahah, What an answer , Wow....!!
do you actually believe yourself ???!!
your evidence is that some qualified experts spent their lives studying Darwinian theory ...!!
so you totally have faith in what others have told, and for your information there are also numerous Qualified experts (biologists, zoologists, botanists, ornithologists ....) spent their lives studying Darwin's theory and proved its inaccuracy and errors.
you should read the book "not from apes" written by BjŲrn Kurtťn, who literally spent his life trying to find evidences to support Darwin's theory and wrote over 20 books about evolution and relevant subjects.
here is the list of his books on Amazon
http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=la_B001H6KY6G_pg_...
<quoted text>
you call that evidence ???!!
trust my faith has nothing to do with that, the problem is that you claim that you have knowledge and claim that you are following the scientific method, while you are actually Just following a propaganda Blindly, you probably visited the national Museum, took a picture near the Skull of the man ape, which is with no doubt according to numerous scientists (non muslims) is fake, open your eyes because obviously you are the one who has faith in something with no evidence, not me ...!!!!!
why don't you read some of BjŲrn Kurtťn's works, the book not from apes is only for 28$ and totally worth it.
No my answer is that some people have considerably more understanding based on research, experimentation, expertise, knowledge, professionalism, peer review, falsification, the scientific method etc. than a muslim with a marketing degree. Funny how you mock expertise when it comes the stuff you donít want to know but welcome it when it comes to mythology and magic eh?

As to what others have told me, I have been there I do this myself as a hobby, I spend my holidays researching the humanity of the last 50,000 years in SW France. My avatar is exactly what you claim does not exist, a transitional fossil, I was in the team that discovered it. I have seen for myself that the skeletal structure of 45,000 year old homo sapiens is different than modern homo sapiens. Physical and recent evidence of evolution.

And you should read some genuine research papers

Bollocks, your ignorance and outright denial based on nothing is obvious, The scientific method traces blue eyes back about 10,000 years to Turkey. It will even tell you which gene is responsible and why.

Lactose tolerance is an evolved trait, there is no argument, this can be seen in DNA comparisons between intolerant and tolerant individuals.

My plantaris muscle is underdeveloped because I no longer use it. Like other organs/muscles etc evolution is adapting it. Much of this can be seen in the fossil record that you deny.

And even your hero (who you donít seem to understand) BjŲrn Kurtťn wrote - man and the anthropoid apes, such as the gorilla, chimpanzee, and orangutan, separated from a common ancestor over 12 million years ago.- Common ancestor?

And what do you have? Evolution canít exist because a bronze age book says goddinit with magic?

Perhaps you should try reading

Evolution The Human Story by Dr. Alice Roberts
Evolution by Mark Ridley
The Greatest Show on Earth: The Evidence for Evolution by Dawkins, Richard
Evolution by Douglas Futuyma
Evolution by Jean-Baptiste De Panafieu, Patrick Gries and Linda Asher

All academic works, the mark Ridley book has become the undergraduate standard for evolution study throughout the world.

“I started out with nothing”

Since: Nov 10

and still got most of it left

#2591 Mar 11, 2014
Thinking wrote:
You can't see his unfortunate feet on TIMC podcasts.
I've lived near Banbury and High Wycombe and kebab shops there are certainly a muslim trade. To get a Greek/Cypriot kebab I need to go to upmarket Amersham.
<quoted text>
Iím not sure if itís still there, not been for a couple of years and the way things have been going, the street may now be a run down and deserted wasteland of to let signs.

Anyway if it is still there then itís the best kebab shop ever, Chrisís in north Blackpool. Took the kids through the illuminations and stopped,(as you do) they wanted fish and chips. They were quite disappointed with their haul but from a little further up the road Paul and I had kebabs. Oh wow, I would recommend it to anyone.

Heading north through the lights, when they end turn tight at the traffic lights, Bispham station I think itís called. There are long rows of shops on both sides of the road. About 50 yards up on the right is a small and typically dingy looking kebab shop. A genuine Cypriot kebab shop thatís well worth a try if you ever fancy an a little outing up north.

“Evil Atheist :-)”

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#2592 Mar 11, 2014
hazem selawi wrote:
<quoted text>
of course I know that there are so many kinds of bacteria, that wasn't my point.
lets make things more simple
Bacteria belongs to Monera kingdom (single-celled organisms, without nucleus)
Monera kingdom has several sub-kingdoms or phylums such as :Archaebacteria, Eubacteria,
Anaerobic Phototrophic bacteria, Cyanobacteria, Prochlorophyta and Schizophyta.
Eukaryote is any living thing whose cells contain a nucleus and other structures (organelles) enclosed within membranes.
I am totally confused and don't get your point, are you saying that some Bacteria changed into another species ?? and when exactly did that happen ??
So you accept there are multiple species of bacteria then?
So why don't you accept a bacteria changing into a new species of bacteria, one that can digest nylon?
They don't have to grow legs to be a new species.
hazem selawi wrote:
yeah in your dreams, this whole thing is a big propaganda.
can we agree that Formulae are the only reliable way to test a theory ???!!
Every scientific theory has a formula, except the Theory of Evolution, why is that ??
New or modified genes equal a new variant or species.
hazem selawi wrote:
so you believe that we evolved from the simplest form of bacterial life to way more complex forms of life, I think that the basic bacteria had less than 500 genes; man has over 22 thousands, thus In order for bacteria to evolve into man, organisms would have to be able to add genes. But there is no genetic mechanism that adds a gene.(Mutations change an existing gene but never add a gene.) This means there is no mechanism for Darwinian Evolution and has no formula.
Have you tried searching the internet?

Mechanisms of genome evolution
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Genome_evolution...
These include:
Gene duplication.
Whole gene duplication.
Transposable elements.
Mutations.
Pseudogenes.
Exon shuffling.
hazem selawi wrote:
I wanted you to give me one observable evidence of one species changing into another species, so far you gave me examples may happened before 90 or 100 millions of years.
I am sorry but I cannot have faith in that, I need to see a living thing evolving from a species to another in front of my eyes, or otherwise It will be a belief.
Here's a question for which I've never received an answer.
How much would a dog have to change before it's no longer a wolf but a new species?

The problem with your question is that all new species are just modifications of existing species so there's no clear barrier as to when it's different enough to be considered a different species.
Also all life is very similar. All birds have the same basic body plan (even penguins) as do fish, insects, spiders etc. We even share half our dna with a banana.
What dogs prove is just how flexible genes are and that given millions of years all the variations on life we see can evolve from simpler ancestors.

Location hidden

#2593 Mar 11, 2014
hazem selawi wrote:
there are so many scientists against the evolution theory but it seems that only the
Evolution scientists know about the numerous flaws within the theory, but they have successfully covered them up with the help of a worldwide Darwin Conspiracy that actively suppresses the fact that Darwinism is not scientific but just an atheist doctrine.
You don't know enough about evolution to claim there's a conspiracy.
Even the Catholic church has had to accept evolution (except for humans).
How do you know it's not the anti evolutionists who are the conspirators? There are many creationists in America who believe the world is just 6000 years old and reject all evidence against it just because they want to believe the Bible is literally true.
hazem selawi wrote:
I don't get it, why is that theory linked strongly with atheism, lets assume that Darwin was right , then what does this theory have to do with the existence of a creator ??
Nothing. That's why there are many religious evolutionists.
Of course if all life can evolve without a God interfering then there's less reason to believe he exist.
hazem selawi wrote:
you see similarities in the genomes of all living things and conclude that there is no creator, on the other hand when I see such similarities I instantly conclude that there is only one Originator for this universe who is the Possessor of All Strength, Allah.
The similarities are essential for evolution but not for creation.
A God could have created all sorts of odd variations of life that had no ancestors.

The real evidence against creation are the apparent mistakes such as the vast differences in genome size amongst similar species, Endo-retro viruses, damaged genes such as the one for vitamin C which is broken in out genome etc. Those are hard to explain.

Location hidden

#2594 Mar 11, 2014
hazem selawi wrote:
<quoted text>
it seems like you are easily dragged to anything, what if the scientific community accepted that the earth is flat ??? that of course happened before and people like you were deceived.
There were no scientist when people first though the world was flat.
It was due to the earliest Greek philosophers carefully studying the evidence of their eyes that they were able to know and prove the world was a sphere.
Mahmood

Markham, Canada

#2595 Mar 11, 2014
hazem selawi wrote:
<quoted text>
I am thinking for myself because unlike you, I am a man of evidence and not faith. Craig Venter who decoded the human genome is an exponent of Darwin's evolution. You on the other hand, has been gripped by Islam so bad that you are unwilling to change the way you think. Scientific community is not mad to think that the earth is flat, the creationist are because they think that the earth is 6000 years old.

“I'm out hunting”

Since: Jan 10

For your mind and soul

#2596 Mar 11, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Hazam, my dearest Hazam. You see my avatar? Look to the left and there is a picture of a skull. Do you think I put it there to scare people? Well actually in a round about way, yes. but only to show creatards that they are talking out of there butt and that usually scares the sh|te out of them.
It is a transitional fossil, between the earlier homo sapiens of the Cro Magnon era and you, moderen homo sapiens. Itís 18,000 years old, the bone structure is thicker than present day humans, the cranial volume is around 6% greater, the ridges over the brow are measurably thicker but it is exactly as human as you are. Luckily I was involved in the dig that discovered it and it now has a prominent position at museum of prehistory in les Eyzies.
This is not the only fossil in which change can be measured. Such profound changes can be seen throughout human history of southern France and Northern Spain. As well as in other human groupings across the world.
Or how about the mainland sloth which on one island has evolved to the pygmy three-toed sloth (Bradypus pygmaeus). This evolution can be accurately measured because the island on which they live was attached to the mainland 10,000 years ago. Rising seas isolated them and the study of skeletons shows how they have evolved over that 10,000 years
But you want to ignore time (as all creatards do) and see something measurably changing in real-time then you only need consider the Langkawi bent-toed gecko (Cyrtodactylus macrotuberculatus). This lizard is changing as we speak on a generation by generation basis, from forest dwelling to cave dwelling which includes evolution of sight, pigmentation, digestion and temperature regulation.
This along with several other rapidly evolving lizards are currently being observed, NOW.
You see, I should have paid more attention in my science classes. They love to think that they can make us look stupid by asking that question(why don't we see the process of evolution going on today) I used to ask the same question back when I was a godbot and didn't read even the most basic of info on evolution.
Now reading your posts and the posts of others here, I can learn new things while laughing at the ridiculous responses of our creationist friends.

“I'm out hunting”

For your mind and soul

#2597 Mar 11, 2014
Igor Trip wrote:
<quoted text>
The Roman's (actually Byzantines) and the Persians had been fighting each other for centuries. It was not that hard a prediction that the Roman's would regain some of their territories.
Most translators translate 30:3 as the nearest land.
http://www.islamawakened.com/quran/30/3/
There was no battle around the dead sea (the lowest point on the earth). It was Jerusalem that was besieged.
Especially since the Romans had defated the Persians several times over and had always regained their posssesions. In addition, that was probably another prediction that was made after the fact and inserted in to make it look like a prophecy.

“I'm out hunting”

For your mind and soul

#2598 Mar 11, 2014
hazem selawi wrote:
<quoted text>
what kind of rights did women have in both the Persian and the roman empires at that time ??
Better than in Islam. When Muhammad heard that the Perisn empire came undder the rule of a woman he bashed them.
Prior to Islam, in non-Arab countries, such as in Persia and Byzantine, women had more rights than in Arab countries. In fact in Iran women could become Queens and monarchs. What did Muhammad think of that?

When the Prophet heard the news that the people of the Persia had made the daughter of Khosrau their Queen (ruler), he said,ďNever will succeed such a nation as makes a woman their ruler.Ē[29]

“I'm out hunting”

For your mind and soul

#2599 Mar 11, 2014
hazem selawi wrote:
<quoted text>
Adaptation is way different than evolution, in my opinion adaptation refers to changes within the same kind of species, as some sort of bacterias evolved into another form of evolved bacteria but apparently they stayed as bacteria, the giraffes ....etc
My knowledge of science may be rudimentary, but always thought that in order to evolve into another species, one would have to go through a series of adaptations along the way, hence the process of evolution.

“I'm out hunting”

For your mind and soul

#2600 Mar 11, 2014
Igor Trip wrote:
<quoted text>
Women in ancient Rome.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Women_in_Ancient...
ďAn emancipated woman legally became sui iuris, or her own person, and could own property and dispose of it as she saw fit. If a pater familias died intestate, the law required the equal division of his estate amongst his children, regardless of their age and sex.Ē
From your link
"Roman women were not confined to their house as were Athenian women in the Archaic and Classical periods. Wealthy women traveled around the city in a litter carried by slaves.[133] Women gathered in the streets on a daily basis to meet with friends, attend religious rites at temples, or to visit the baths. The wealthiest families had private baths at home, but most people went to bath houses not only to wash but to socialize, as the larger facilities offered a range of services and recreational activities, among which casual sex was not excluded. One of the most vexed questions of Roman social life is whether the sexes bathed together in public. Until the late Republic, evidence suggests that women usually bathed in a separate wing or facility, or that women and men were scheduled at different times. But there is also clear evidence of mixed bathing from the late Republic until the rise of Christian dominance in the later Empire. Some scholars have thought that only lower-class women bathed with men, or those of dubious moral standing such as entertainers or prostitutes, but Clement of Alexandria observed that women of the highest social classes could be seen naked at the baths. Hadrian prohibited mixed bathing, but the ban seems not to have endured. Most likely, customs varied not only by time and place, but by facility, so that women could choose to segregate themselves by gender or not.[134]

For entertainment women could attend debates at the Forum, the public games (ludi), chariot races, and theatrical performances. By the late Republic, they regularly attended dinner parties, though in earlier times the women of a household dined in private together.[135] Conservatives such as Cato the Elder (234Ė149 BC) considered it improper for women to take a more active role in public life; his complaints indicated that indeed some women did voice their opinions in the public sphere.[136]

Though the practice was discouraged, Roman generals would sometimes take their wives with them on military campaigns. Caligula's mother Agrippina the Elder often accompanied her husband Germanicus on his campaigns in northern Germania, and the emperor Claudius was born in Gaul for this reason. Wealthy women might tour the empire, often participating or viewing religious ceremonies and sites around the empire.[137] Rich women traveled to the countryside during the summer when Rome became too hot"

In other words, they enjoyed rights that Muslim women never had, like not having to deal with two or three wives, being forced to wear a mask over their faces in public and they had the right to hang out with men not related to them.
The Romans saw it as an honor to introduce their wives to their friends whereas in the Muslim world, the woman is supposed to veil herself and run away to the harem when male guests appear.

“I'm out hunting”

For your mind and soul

#2601 Mar 11, 2014
hazem selawi wrote:
<quoted text>
if you read the history of Byzantium or Roman empire you'll realize that it was theoretically impossible at that time for them to defeat Persians (specially in a very short period of time )but they did after 7 years of the loss, and the Quran stated that they (the Romans) will be victorious within three to nine years, used the word (beda'e) beda'e in Arabic refers to numbers from 3 to 9.
\
So much for a prphecy, he couldn't even correctly guess what year that victory would take place.
Mahmood

Markham, Canada

#2602 Mar 11, 2014
hazem selawi wrote:
<quoted text>
as you like professor Einstein.
Hi Brother Hazem,

I am not sure if I have asked this question before. How do you reconcile the contradiction between 2:62 & 4:150-151. Please read these verses and respond - I am waiting to hear from you.
Thinking

Beaconsfield, UK

#2603 Mar 11, 2014
I've had a lot of fun times in Blackpool. But for some it is an acquired taste. I remember being called a poof for asking for rice with a 4am curry near the North Pier. We settled on half chips half rice.
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Iím not sure if itís still there, not been for a couple of years and the way things have been going, the street may now be a run down and deserted wasteland of to let signs.
Anyway if it is still there then itís the best kebab shop ever, Chrisís in north Blackpool. Took the kids through the illuminations and stopped,(as you do) they wanted fish and chips. They were quite disappointed with their haul but from a little further up the road Paul and I had kebabs. Oh wow, I would recommend it to anyone.
Heading north through the lights, when they end turn tight at the traffic lights, Bispham station I think itís called. There are long rows of shops on both sides of the road. About 50 yards up on the right is a small and typically dingy looking kebab shop. A genuine Cypriot kebab shop thatís well worth a try if you ever fancy an a little outing up north.

Location hidden

#2604 Mar 11, 2014
Mahmood wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Brother Hazem,
I am not sure if I have asked this question before. How do you reconcile the contradiction between 2:62 & 4:150-151. Please read these verses and respond - I am waiting to hear from you.
we discussed those verses for a very long time, but you chose to interpret the Quran the way you like it.

for the million time considering your very light knowledge in Quran, you are not in a position to say Quran contradicts.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 59 min Eagle 12 238,075
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 3 hr Zog Has-fallen 18,670
News Who is an atheist? (May '10) 3 hr Richardfs 9,319
News Atheists open up: What they want you to know 3 hr Liam R will return 31
News The Consequences of Atheism 4 hr Liam R will return 1,311
News Confessions of a black atheist 4 hr Peaks 399
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) 18 hr thetruth 2,059
More from around the web