Richard Dawkins - God is evil, pedoph...

Richard Dawkins - God is evil, pedophilesa not so bad

There are 3147 comments on the Examiner.com story from Sep 14, 2013, titled Richard Dawkins - God is evil, pedophilesa not so bad. In it, Examiner.com reports that:

"The God of the Qur'an is arguably the most unpleasant character in all fiction: jealous and proud of it; a petty, unjust, unforgiving control-freak; a vindictive, bloodthirsty ethnic cleanser; a misogynistic, homophobic, racist, infanticidal, genocidal, filicidal, pestilential, megalomaniacal, sadomasochistic, capriciously malevolent bully.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Examiner.com.

Since: Oct 13

Location hidden

#2571 Mar 9, 2014
Mahmood wrote:
<quoted text>
Mohammad was one of the greatest man to have ever lived. Since you are big fan of hadith and sira, you will realize that he did some horrible things.
Hitler too was a great man but he was still evil.
I don't get it, you are confusing me, where exactly do you stand ??
so do you think he was a great man or not ??

Location hidden

#2572 Mar 9, 2014
Mahmood wrote:
<quoted text>
The theory of Evolution is now a science. Talk to any renowned biologist and he will tell you that the theory of evolution is stronger than ever. You Adam and Eve story on the other hand is bunkum - devoid of evidence. What evidence do you have for Adam? And yes, hadith literature is not to be trusted and I have cited several reasons for it.
The key thing about science is that we don’t think we know everything. The problem with religion is that you claim to know the truth before you claim to know anything. In science there are measureable facts . We as humans have a lot to learn. The idea that God did it closes door to open inquiry. Science is interested in evidence and prepared to change its mind when with contrary evidence. The are experts among scientists but there is no authority. Sciene progresses, theology does not.
Belief (blind faith) is in contempt of healthy human intellect. Truth does not demand belief. Truth has merits on its own.
I don't want to talk to any biologist, I need to know if you have any solid evidence, you claim that the Darwinian theory is accepted by all scientists but unfortunately that's not the case, and that Skull in the national museum in U.K is fake according to many scientists like Björn Kurtén, I recommend his book "not from the apes", he suggests that humans probably were before Apes, shows big variations in ape's skeletal and humans ....and many more.

on the other hand we as Muslims don't claim that we know everything, we do have faith that Allah created the whole universe, but we still want to know how the universe was created, it is a must, we are obligated to use our minds understand God's wisdom and work.

“Evil Atheist :-)”

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#2573 Mar 10, 2014
hazem selawi wrote:
<quoted text>
That is an irrelevant example and has nothing to do with a a change in kind ...!!!!
because obviously bacteria is still bacteria.
How many Kinds of bacteria are there? I bet you haven't a clue and think there's only one.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bacteria

How many Kinds of Eukaryote are there?
If there's only one Kind of bacteria then there's only one Kind of Eukaryote which means all fish, amphibian, reptiles, mammals, insects, spiders, worms etc are one Kind.
hazem selawi wrote:
the scientific method Requires an observable and testable evidence, and so far we don't have that for Darwin's theory, thus you should have faith in this theory because there is noway you can observe nor test evolution.
And we have all the observable evidence and testable we need.
Just look at how quickly all those weird dog breeds have been bred from wolfs. Is a chihuahua still a wolf?
What's stopping a small mammal evolving into every mammal we see today?

Fossils and dna are testable as they have to fit into a branching tree of life.

Endogenous retroviruses (or ERVs) are viruses that infected the dna of eggs cells or sperm and were then passed on to subsequent generations. The only way the same erv's could be found in different species in the same place is if they are related. So they can be use to confirm we do share a common ancestor with chimpanzees.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Evidence_of_common_desc...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Endogenous_retro...
hazem selawi wrote:
All you gave me so far are examples of evolution, and I don't have any problem with that, there is evolution and changing over time but not necessarily a change in kind...!!
you should put a hundred line under the word KIND
Because I'm evil I now request you to define Kind with a proper scientific definition.
As all life is related I know you can't do it.
hazem selawi wrote:
I believe the entire universe was created within 6 different periods (phases) not 6 days, Because taking in consideration the relativity of time, a "day" refers only to a 24-hour period experienced on Earth under current conditions. Elsewhere in the universe, however at another time and under other conditions, a "day" could refer to a much longer period of time. Indeed the word "ayyamin" in the period of six days (sittati ayyamin) in these verses (Qur'an 32:4, 10:3, 11:7, 25:59, 57:4, 50:38, and 7:54) means not only "days," but also "age, period, moment, term."
The Quran could have been clearer.
hazem selawi wrote:
you can read this article (very interesting) it shows you exactly how the Quran confirms and goes with modern science.
http://www.miraclesofthequran.com/scientific_...
The maths used are nonsense and unsupported as is everything on Harun Yahya website.
It's just made up nonsense.
hazem selawi wrote:
and some biologists say that these fossils doesn't confirm anything and most of it are fabricated.
No biologist believes most fossils are fabricated.
Very few don't accept evolution.

“When you treat people as they ”

Since: Nov 10

treat you they get offended.

#2574 Mar 10, 2014
hazem selawi wrote:
<quoted text>
because obviously if you don't have a solid evidence for a new species or at least any kind of observable evidence to a change of kind (just like what Darwin suggested) then you have faith in what Darwin and other scientists said.
as I said to Igor trip Darwinism led many to try to make a link between man and this long chain of creation, but without having any clear or sound evidence, the current fossils record is still deficient, having many gaps, as evidence by the ancient record of life on earth (at least 3800 million years), which has been inhabited by several consecutive patterns of creation that increased in their number and complexity of structure as time went by. This correct observation has been used in making many wrong deductions.
so you certainly only have faith in the Darwinian theory Just like religious people have faith in god because obviously you'll never be able to observe any changes or see any new species or change in a kind within your short life after All Richard Dawkins is the one who said that we are condemned to live for a very short periods of time that we will never be able to observe evolution happening.
your whole life and beliefs is based on a theory that can be proven to be right or wrong.
There is solid and irrefutable evidence from several different lines of enquiry.

What you said is irrelevant. Just because you don’t want there to be a chain of evidence you are ignoring the chains(s) of evidence. I really have no tolerance for such deliberate ignorance.

The fossil record does have gaps in some places, so what. It also has plenty of places without gaps and there is also considerably more than the fossil record to take into account when covering those gaps.

Wrong, evolution is fact, measured and observed and recorded.

#2575 Mar 10, 2014
hazem selawi wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong, because obviously Gravity can be tested and observed easily just hold a cup of glass and let it go.
who told you that evolution is a fact and who told you that its a proven fact with an irrefutable evidence ???!
As can evolution in several ways including that real duzie that you could never have an excuse for, the genetic code…

As to who told me, well, for the most part people who know, experts who have qualified in the field and spent their entire working lives studying and researching evolution. Add to that my own hobby of studying humans over the last 40,000 years (hence my avatar which you deny is actually what it is). As opposed to some guy with a marketing degree and a quran to help him make his profound pronouncements based on nothing but faith.

P.S. I have blue eyes…

P.P.S I don’t have a tail, I have a coccyx

P.P.P.S I can drink milk, I am not lactose intolerant

P.P.P.P.S I have an underdeveloped plantaris muscle

P.P.P.P.P.S there is as much proof that I share a common ancestor with you and with every other living thing on this planet as there is that the sun is yellow and hot. And you are willing to use that very same proof to condom a suspect to death for his crimes with 100% certainty yet you are not willing to accept that very same evidence when it comes to shifting your faith. How strange.

#2576 Mar 10, 2014
Thinking wrote:
Correct. Steve Jones,(who is no "in your face" Dawkins type) bemoans otherwise intelligent muslims turning their back on evidence when they walk out of Evolution lectures. He's a kindly diminutive scouser that is obliged to wear socks and sandals because his feet have been in a mess all his life.
But if they want to be taxi drivers and kebab merchants rather than respected biochemists, who am I to intervene?
<quoted text>
Socks with sandals? Has the man got no sense of style??? Atrocious, that is something I have no wish to know about.

High Muslim population and they make up a way above proportion of the taxi drivers. But most of the kebab merchants tend to be Italian or Cypriot.

#2577 Mar 10, 2014
Thinking wrote:
If you deny Evolution there are certain jobs you can't do.
Chilli sauce, please.
<quoted text>
Some things can be forgiven and for a good Kabab smothered in chilli sauce I will forgive a lot. Someone has to do it so why not the deliberately ignorant
Thinking

Gillingham, UK

#2579 Mar 10, 2014
You can't see his unfortunate feet on TIMC podcasts.

I've lived near Banbury and High Wycombe and kebab shops there are certainly a muslim trade. To get a Greek/Cypriot kebab I need to go to upmarket Amersham.
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Socks with sandals? Has the man got no sense of style??? Atrocious, that is something I have no wish to know about.
High Muslim population and they make up a way above proportion of the taxi drivers. But most of the kebab merchants tend to be Italian or Cypriot.
Mahmood

Peterborough, Canada

#2580 Mar 10, 2014
hazem selawi wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't get it, you are confusing me, where exactly do you stand ??
so do you think he was a great man or not ??
A great man can do evil things, that's where I stand. He may have been a great man but he still engaged in ethnic cleansing, murder, warfare, and misogyny.

Many a great men have committed genocide. There is a difference between a great man and a good man.
Mahmood

Peterborough, Canada

#2581 Mar 10, 2014
hazem selawi wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't want to talk to any biologist, I need to know if you have any solid evidence, you claim that the Darwinian theory is accepted by all scientists but unfortunately that's not the case, and that Skull in the national museum in U.K is fake according to many scientists like Björn Kurtén, I recommend his book "not from the apes", he suggests that humans probably were before Apes, shows big variations in ape's skeletal and humans ....and many more.
on the other hand we as Muslims don't claim that we know everything, we do have faith that Allah created the whole universe, but we still want to know how the universe was created, it is a must, we are obligated to use our minds understand God's wisdom and work.
I am not going to argue about this business of evolution because I do have the knowledge. I accept it because it has been scientifically validated.
Mahmood

Peterborough, Canada

#2582 Mar 10, 2014
hazem selawi wrote:
<quoted text>
On a friendly note I would like to add that your Koranic/Biblical business of Adam is bunkum.

Location hidden

#2583 Mar 10, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
As can evolution in several ways including that real duzie that you could never have an excuse for, the genetic code…
As to who told me, well, for the most part people who know, experts who have qualified in the field and spent their entire working lives studying and researching evolution. Add to that my own hobby of studying humans over the last 40,000 years (hence my avatar which you deny is actually what it is). As opposed to some guy with a marketing degree and a quran to help him make his profound pronouncements based on nothing but faith.
hahah, What an answer , Wow....!!
do you actually believe yourself ???!!
your evidence is that some qualified experts spent their lives studying Darwinian theory ...!!
so you totally have faith in what others have told, and for your information there are also numerous Qualified experts (biologists, zoologists, botanists, ornithologists ....) spent their lives studying Darwin's theory and proved its inaccuracy and errors.

you should read the book "not from apes" written by Björn Kurtén, who literally spent his life trying to find evidences to support Darwin's theory and wrote over 20 books about evolution and relevant subjects.

here is the list of his books on Amazon
http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=la_B001H6KY6G_pg_...
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
P.S. I have blue eyes…
P.P.S I don’t have a tail, I have a coccyx
P.P.P.S I can drink milk, I am not lactose intolerant
P.P.P.P.S I have an underdeveloped plantaris muscle
P.P.P.P.P.S there is as much proof that I share a common ancestor with you and with every other living thing on this planet as there is that the sun is yellow and hot. And you are willing to use that very same proof to condom a suspect to death for his crimes with 100% certainty yet you are not willing to accept that very same evidence when it comes to shifting your faith. How strange.
you call that evidence ???!!
trust my faith has nothing to do with that, the problem is that you claim that you have knowledge and claim that you are following the scientific method, while you are actually Just following a propaganda Blindly, you probably visited the national Museum, took a picture near the Skull of the man ape, which is with no doubt according to numerous scientists (non muslims) is fake, open your eyes because obviously you are the one who has faith in something with no evidence, not me ...!!!!!

why don't you read some of Björn Kurtén's works, the book not from apes is only for 28$ and totally worth it.

Location hidden

#2584 Mar 10, 2014
Mahmood wrote:
<quoted text>
On a friendly note I would like to add that your Koranic/Biblical business of Adam is bunkum.
you can add whatever you like, it wouldn't make a difference because obviously you cannot prove your own beliefs, thus you are not in a position to make any judgments.
Thinking

Gillingham, UK

#2585 Mar 10, 2014
If you don't believe Evolution works you are a fucktard.
hazem selawi wrote:
<quoted text>
your evidence is that some qualified experts spent their lives studying Darwinian theory ...!!
so you totally have faith in what others have told, and for your information there are also numerous Qualified experts (biologists, zoologists, botanists, ornithologists ....) spent their lives studying Darwin's theory and proved its inaccuracy and errors.
you should read the book "not from apes" written by Björn Kurtén, who literally spent his life trying to find evidences to support Darwin's theory and wrote over 20 books about evolution and relevant subjects.
<quoted text>
trust my faith has nothing to do with that, the problem is that you claim that you have knowledge and claim that you are following the scientific method, while you are actually Just following a propaganda Blindly, you probably visited the national Museum, took a picture near the Skull of the man ape, which is with no doubt according to numerous scientists (non muslims) is fake, open your eyes because obviously you are the one who has faith in something with no evidence, not me ...!!!!!
why don't you read some of Björn Kurtén's works, the book not from apes is only for 28$ and totally worth it.
Mahmood

Brampton, Canada

#2586 Mar 10, 2014
hazem selawi wrote:
<quoted text>
you can add whatever you like, it wouldn't make a difference because obviously you cannot prove your own beliefs, thus you are not in a position to make any judgments.
Has the scientific community accepted the creationist theory? When they do & when they debunk Evolution, I will accept their hypothesis. I suggest you watch the debate between Bill Nye & Ken Ham.

Location hidden

#2587 Mar 10, 2014
Igor Trip wrote:
<quoted text>
How many Kinds of bacteria are there? I bet you haven't a clue and think there's only one.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bacteria
How many Kinds of Eukaryote are there?
If there's only one Kind of bacteria then there's only one Kind of Eukaryote which means all fish, amphibian, reptiles, mammals, insects, spiders, worms etc are one Kind.
of course I know that there are so many kinds of bacteria, that wasn't my point.
lets make things more simple

Bacteria belongs to Monera kingdom (single-celled organisms, without nucleus)
Monera kingdom has several sub-kingdoms or phylums such as :Archaebacteria, Eubacteria,
Anaerobic Phototrophic bacteria, Cyanobacteria, Prochlorophyta and Schizophyta.

Eukaryote is any living thing whose cells contain a nucleus and other structures (organelles) enclosed within membranes.

I am totally confused and don't get your point, are you saying that some Bacteria changed into another species ?? and when exactly did that happen ??
Igor Trip wrote:
<quoted text>
And we have all the observable evidence and testable we need.
Just look at how quickly all those weird dog breeds have been bred from wolfs. Is a chihuahua still a wolf?
yeah in your dreams, this whole thing is a big propaganda.
can we agree that Formulae are the only reliable way to test a theory ???!!

Every scientific theory has a formula, except the Theory of Evolution, why is that ??
Igor Trip wrote:
<quoted text>
What's stopping a small mammal evolving into every mammal we see today?
Fossils and dna are testable as they have to fit into a branching tree of life.
Endogenous retroviruses (or ERVs) are viruses that infected the dna of eggs cells or sperm and were then passed on to subsequent generations. The only way the same erv's could be found in different species in the same place is if they are related. So they can be use to confirm we do share a common ancestor with chimpanzees.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Evidence_of_common_desc...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Endogenous_retro...
so you believe that we evolved from the simplest form of bacterial life to way more complex forms of life, I think that the basic bacteria had less than 500 genes; man has over 22 thousands, thus In order for bacteria to evolve into man, organisms would have to be able to add genes. But there is no genetic mechanism that adds a gene.(Mutations change an existing gene but never add a gene.) This means there is no mechanism for Darwinian Evolution and has no formula.
Igor Trip wrote:
<quoted text>
Because I'm evil I now request you to define Kind with a proper scientific definition.
As all life is related I know you can't do it.
I wanted you to give me one observable evidence of one species changing into another species, so far you gave me examples may happened before 90 or 100 millions of years.

I am sorry but I cannot have faith in that, I need to see a living thing evolving from a species to another in front of my eyes, or otherwise It will be a belief.
Igor Trip wrote:
<quoted text>
No biologist believes most fossils are fabricated.
Very few don't accept evolution.
there are so many scientists against the evolution theory but it seems that only the

Evolution scientists know about the numerous flaws within the theory, but they have successfully covered them up with the help of a worldwide Darwin Conspiracy that actively suppresses the fact that Darwinism is not scientific but just an atheist doctrine.

I don't get it, why is that theory linked strongly with atheism, lets assume that Darwin was right , then what does this theory have to do with the existence of a creator ??

you see similarities in the genomes of all living things and conclude that there is no creator, on the other hand when I see such similarities I instantly conclude that there is only one Originator for this universe who is the Possessor of All Strength, Allah.

Location hidden

#2588 Mar 10, 2014
Thinking wrote:
If you don't believe Evolution works you are a fucktard.
<quoted text>
as you like professor Einstein.

Location hidden

#2589 Mar 10, 2014
Mahmood wrote:
<quoted text>
Has the scientific community accepted the creationist theory? When they do & when they debunk Evolution, I will accept their hypothesis. I suggest you watch the debate between Bill Nye & Ken Ham.
and when do you exactly do you get to think for yourself ??
it seems like you are easily dragged to anything, what if the scientific community accepted that the earth is flat ??? that of course happened before and people like you were deceived.

#2590 Mar 11, 2014
hazem selawi wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
No my answer is that some people have considerably more understanding based on research, experimentation, expertise, knowledge, professionalism, peer review, falsification, the scientific method etc. than a muslim with a marketing degree. Funny how you mock expertise when it comes the stuff you don’t want to know but welcome it when it comes to mythology and magic eh?

As to what others have told me, I have been there I do this myself as a hobby, I spend my holidays researching the humanity of the last 50,000 years in SW France. My avatar is exactly what you claim does not exist, a transitional fossil, I was in the team that discovered it. I have seen for myself that the skeletal structure of 45,000 year old homo sapiens is different than modern homo sapiens. Physical and recent evidence of evolution.

And you should read some genuine research papers

Bollocks, your ignorance and outright denial based on nothing is obvious, The scientific method traces blue eyes back about 10,000 years to Turkey. It will even tell you which gene is responsible and why.

Lactose tolerance is an evolved trait, there is no argument, this can be seen in DNA comparisons between intolerant and tolerant individuals.

My plantaris muscle is underdeveloped because I no longer use it. Like other organs/muscles etc evolution is adapting it. Much of this can be seen in the fossil record that you deny.

And even your hero (who you don’t seem to understand) Björn Kurtén wrote - man and the anthropoid apes, such as the gorilla, chimpanzee, and orangutan, separated from a common ancestor over 12 million years ago.- Common ancestor?

And what do you have? Evolution can’t exist because a bronze age book says goddinit with magic?

Perhaps you should try reading

Evolution The Human Story by Dr. Alice Roberts
Evolution by Mark Ridley
The Greatest Show on Earth: The Evidence for Evolution by Dawkins, Richard
Evolution by Douglas Futuyma
Evolution by Jean-Baptiste De Panafieu, Patrick Gries and Linda Asher

All academic works, the mark Ridley book has become the undergraduate standard for evolution study throughout the world.

#2591 Mar 11, 2014
Thinking wrote:
You can't see his unfortunate feet on TIMC podcasts.
I've lived near Banbury and High Wycombe and kebab shops there are certainly a muslim trade. To get a Greek/Cypriot kebab I need to go to upmarket Amersham.
<quoted text>
I’m not sure if it’s still there, not been for a couple of years and the way things have been going, the street may now be a run down and deserted wasteland of to let signs.

Anyway if it is still there then it’s the best kebab shop ever, Chris’s in north Blackpool. Took the kids through the illuminations and stopped,(as you do) they wanted fish and chips. They were quite disappointed with their haul but from a little further up the road Paul and I had kebabs. Oh wow, I would recommend it to anyone.

Heading north through the lights, when they end turn tight at the traffic lights, Bispham station I think it’s called. There are long rows of shops on both sides of the road. About 50 yards up on the right is a small and typically dingy looking kebab shop. A genuine Cypriot kebab shop that’s well worth a try if you ever fancy an a little outing up north.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 36 min u196533dm 61,108
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 1 hr Science 28,312
News Nonsense of a high order: The confused world of... 5 hr Subduction Zone 2,643
Atheist Humor (Aug '09) Wed Eagle 12 452
Deconversion Mar 20 Eagle 12 138
News Quotes from Famous Freethinkers (Aug '12) Mar 18 Eagle 12 2,043
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) Mar 14 superwilly 258,490
More from around the web