Richard Dawkins - God is evil, pedophilesa not so bad

Sep 14, 2013 Full story: Examiner.com 3,031

"The God of the Qur'an is arguably the most unpleasant character in all fiction: jealous and proud of it; a petty, unjust, unforgiving control-freak; a vindictive, bloodthirsty ethnic cleanser; a misogynistic, homophobic, racist, infanticidal, genocidal, filicidal, pestilential, megalomaniacal, sadomasochistic, capriciously malevolent bully.

Full Story
Mahmood

Mississauga, Canada

#2562 Mar 9, 2014
hazem selawi wrote:
<quoted text>
yes, my point was that Mohammed lived for 13 years in Al Madina, and according to your numbers and references Mohammed (PBUH) participated in 27 Ghazwat (pluaral of Ghazwa) so that is approximately 3 battles per year, however in the 2 Authentic books of Hadith (Bukhari and muslim) you'll find that Mohammed participated in 17 Ghazwat, but in biographies the number ranges between 25 and 29.
Ibn Hajar al-Asqalani gathered all of the different sayings and said that some scholars gave a big number because they mentioned every ghazwa even if some of those Ghazwat occurred in a very short period of time, and probably others combined some of the ghazwat and mentioned it as one ghazwa, For instance some mentioned the ghazwa of Al Khandaq, Hunayn, Banu quraytha and al Ta'ef as one ghazwa.
Whether he participated in 50 raids or 5 does not exonerate him from the violence he initiated. This was a man who was a peaceful preacher in Mecca, and when he was in a position of power in Medina, there was transformation in his personality. He became violent, ever ready and willing to wage war, engaged in ethnic cleansing, and murdered people. And still you venerate him as your prophet - what a shame!!
Mahmood

Mississauga, Canada

#2563 Mar 9, 2014
hazem selawi wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know why atheists strongly believe in the Darwinian evolution theory, I said believe because obviously all of you have faith in what Darwin stated and a bunch of experts, and in noway can observe nor test any of the claimed evidences fossils offer.
I don't know what is your specialty but I have a feeling that you are not a biologist lets find out what some scientists and experts said about the evolution theory;
-Dr. Sourial mentioned that there are missing links between humans and living beings that are inferior to them and even between classes of other living organisms as well.
-Dallas, one of the naturalists who refuted the theory, and established that we should adopt the view that man was created in his present state without having undergone any evolution.
-ProfessorRudolf Virchow stated that there are definite differences between man and apes and that the theory of Darwin does not even deserve mention in scientific circles.
-George Mivart said that Darwin’s theory resembles childish thoughts.
-Huxley, Darwin’s friend....!!! stated that Darwin’s theory has not yet been proved to be true.
and the list goes on and on.
I am really curious why some people decided to take Darwin's theory as a clear fact and hang on the opinion of some scientists and completely ignore the opinion of other reliable scientists.
and Even if we assumed that the Darwinian theory was true, what does that has to do with Denying the existence of a creator ?
I am no biologist nor do I know a shit load about the theory of evolution, but one thing is for sure that 150 years have gone by and Darwin's evolution is stronger than ever. I suggest you go to the Natural History Mueseum in London where a whole floor is devoted to Charles Darwin. What's crap is your Adam and Eve bull&hit.

Since: Oct 13

Location hidden

#2564 Mar 9, 2014
Mahmood wrote:
<quoted text>
Whether he participated in 50 raids or 5 does not exonerate him from the violence he initiated. This was a man who was a peaceful preacher in Mecca, and when he was in a position of power in Medina, there was transformation in his personality. He became violent, ever ready and willing to wage war, engaged in ethnic cleansing, and murdered people. And still you venerate him as your prophet - what a shame!!
I remember that you agreed me with me on what a great person Mohammed was, I think there is a transformation in your personality not Mohammed's.

Location hidden

#2565 Mar 9, 2014
Mahmood wrote:
<quoted text>
I am no biologist nor do I know a shit load about the theory of evolution, but one thing is for sure that 150 years have gone by and Darwin's evolution is stronger than ever. I suggest you go to the Natural History Mueseum in London where a whole floor is devoted to Charles Darwin. What's crap is your Adam and Eve bull&hit.
since you don't know a shit about Darwinian evolution theory then you only have faith...!!

I don't care if the natural history museum devoted a whole floor or the whole museum to Charles Darwin, and exactly on what basis are you denying Adam and Eve story ???!!

you don't have any observable and testable evidence to support your faith in Darwin's theory,
So how dare you denying anything when your hands are completely empty ???!!

for weeks you proved nothing but your ignorance, at first you came up claiming that Quran contradicts on the view of Christians, you have serious lack of knowledge on Fiqh al Hadith and al Hadith science but that didn't stop you from claiming that Hadiths were impossible to be gathered and/or compiled and it turned out that you believe in evolution while you don't know a shit load about the theory of evolution (your words not mine).....!!!!

you are wasting your time and have a blind faith, open your eyes and come back to the straight path, its never too late till you leave this world.

“Evil Atheist :-)”

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#2566 Mar 9, 2014
hazem selawi wrote:
<quoted text>
yes but bacteria remained bacteria, that doesn't refer to a change of kind.
But it's a different bacteria with new genes and functions.
Don't underestimate the vast diversity of bacteria in the world, they don't need to become multicellular to become a new species.
hazem selawi wrote:
yes of course there are plenty but the problem is that you only believe what you want to hear.
The whole point of the scientific method is to eliminate human bias.
Everything comes down to evidence, evidence that can be checked by anyone, even you.
There are plenty of religious scientists who would love to prove there has to be a God and if the evidence points that way they will say so.

As a Muslim what makes you think you don't only believe what you want to hear?
We're all biased. It's human nature.
hazem selawi wrote:
the Quran doesn't state that the earth was created in 6 days, that's you not understanding the Quran language,
There are plenty of Christians who do believe six days means six 24 hour days and that the world is only 6000 years old purely because the Bible says so.
I also thin that if you God didn't mean 24 hour days he really should have worded it differntly.
hazem selawi wrote:
yes there may be some fossils which goes back to millions of years, so who knows, for myself I don't see any of that as an observable evidence.
Then you would make a lousy detective.
It's the sequence in which the fossils are layered in the rocks what tells their story and it fits perfectly with evolution.

Location hidden

#2567 Mar 9, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi, Igloo Top.
Your thinking is unclear and misdirected. It means absolutely nothing to say the evidence "fits evolution", as there are at least 6 different definitions of evolution in scientific literature.
Also, "evolution", and "the theory of evolution" are two different things. The Pope accepts "evolution". Jimmy Swaggart probably accepts "evolution". My huntin' dogs accept "evolution". But if you speak of the Neo-Darwinian synthesis, or "theory of evolution", the believers empty the room a bit, as the complete conceptualization is, in parts, very tenuous.
Anyway, Microsoft is not about to adopt the method of innovation in programming by taking old program codes and shuffling them randomly, and having blind programmers select out the ones they like. At least that's my opinion.
Come over some time and me and Hazel will share some pork rinds and Budweiser with you.
Absolute Salami. I never know if I should place a period there. Muhammed Ali forgive me.
Maybe Microsoft should consider evolution based programming.

Evolutionary computation
"Evolutionary computation uses iterative progress, such as growth or development in a population. This population is then selected in a guided random search using parallel processing to achieve the desired end. Such processes are often inspired by biological mechanisms of evolution."
"As evolution can produce highly optimised processes and networks, it has many applications in computer science."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Evolutionary_com...

Location hidden

#2568 Mar 9, 2014
Igor Trip wrote:
<quoted text>
But it's a different bacteria with new genes and functions.
Don't underestimate the vast diversity of bacteria in the world, they don't need to become multicellular to become a new species.
That is an irrelevant example and has nothing to do with a a change in kind ...!!!!
because obviously bacteria is still bacteria.
Igor Trip wrote:
<quoted text>
The whole point of the scientific method is to eliminate human bias.
Everything comes down to evidence, evidence that can be checked by anyone, even you.
There are plenty of religious scientists who would love to prove there has to be a God and if the evidence points that way they will say so.
As a Muslim what makes you think you don't only believe what you want to hear?
We're all biased. It's human nature.
the scientific method Requires an observable and testable evidence, and so far we don't have that for Darwin's theory, thus you should have faith in this theory because there is noway you can observe nor test evolution.

All you gave me so far are examples of evolution, and I don't have any problem with that, there is evolution and changing over time but not necessarily a change in kind...!!
you should put a hundred line under the word KIND

Igor Trip wrote:
<quoted text>
There are plenty of Christians who do believe six days means six 24 hour days and that the world is only 6000 years old purely because the Bible says so.
I also thin that if you God didn't mean 24 hour days he really should have worded it differntly.
I believe the entire universe was created within 6 different periods (phases) not 6 days, Because taking in consideration the relativity of time, a "day" refers only to a 24-hour period experienced on Earth under current conditions. Elsewhere in the universe, however at another time and under other conditions, a "day" could refer to a much longer period of time. Indeed the word "ayyamin" in the period of six days (sittati ayyamin) in these verses (Qur'an 32:4, 10:3, 11:7, 25:59, 57:4, 50:38, and 7:54) means not only "days," but also "age, period, moment, term."

you can read this article (very interesting) it shows you exactly how the Quran confirms and goes with modern science.
http://www.miraclesofthequran.com/scientific_...
Igor Trip wrote:
<quoted text>
Then you would make a lousy detective.
It's the sequence in which the fossils are layered in the rocks what tells their story and it fits perfectly with evolution.
and some biologists say that these fossils doesn't confirm anything and most of it are fabricated.
Mahmood

Mississauga, Canada

#2569 Mar 9, 2014
hazem selawi wrote:
<quoted text>
I remember that you agreed me with me on what a great person Mohammed was, I think there is a transformation in your personality not Mohammed's.
Mohammad was one of the greatest man to have ever lived. Since you are big fan of hadith and sira, you will realize that he did some horrible things.

Hitler too was a great man but he was still evil.
Mahmood

Mississauga, Canada

#2570 Mar 9, 2014
hazem selawi wrote:
<quoted text>
since you don't know a shit about Darwinian evolution theory then you only have faith...!!
I don't care if the natural history museum devoted a whole floor or the whole museum to Charles Darwin, and exactly on what basis are you denying Adam and Eve story ???!!
you don't have any observable and testable evidence to support your faith in Darwin's theory,
So how dare you denying anything when your hands are completely empty ???!!
for weeks you proved nothing but your ignorance, at first you came up claiming that Quran contradicts on the view of Christians, you have serious lack of knowledge on Fiqh al Hadith and al Hadith science but that didn't stop you from claiming that Hadiths were impossible to be gathered and/or compiled and it turned out that you believe in evolution while you don't know a shit load about the theory of evolution (your words not mine).....!!!!
you are wasting your time and have a blind faith, open your eyes and come back to the straight path, its never too late till you leave this world.
The theory of Evolution is now a science. Talk to any renowned biologist and he will tell you that the theory of evolution is stronger than ever. You Adam and Eve story on the other hand is bunkum - devoid of evidence. What evidence do you have for Adam? And yes, hadith literature is not to be trusted and I have cited several reasons for it.

The key thing about science is that we don’t think we know everything. The problem with religion is that you claim to know the truth before you claim to know anything. In science there are measureable facts . We as humans have a lot to learn. The idea that God did it closes door to open inquiry. Science is interested in evidence and prepared to change its mind when with contrary evidence. The are experts among scientists but there is no authority. Sciene progresses, theology does not.

Belief (blind faith) is in contempt of healthy human intellect. Truth does not demand belief. Truth has merits on its own.

Location hidden

#2571 Mar 9, 2014
Mahmood wrote:
<quoted text>
Mohammad was one of the greatest man to have ever lived. Since you are big fan of hadith and sira, you will realize that he did some horrible things.
Hitler too was a great man but he was still evil.
I don't get it, you are confusing me, where exactly do you stand ??
so do you think he was a great man or not ??

Location hidden

#2572 Mar 9, 2014
Mahmood wrote:
<quoted text>
The theory of Evolution is now a science. Talk to any renowned biologist and he will tell you that the theory of evolution is stronger than ever. You Adam and Eve story on the other hand is bunkum - devoid of evidence. What evidence do you have for Adam? And yes, hadith literature is not to be trusted and I have cited several reasons for it.
The key thing about science is that we don’t think we know everything. The problem with religion is that you claim to know the truth before you claim to know anything. In science there are measureable facts . We as humans have a lot to learn. The idea that God did it closes door to open inquiry. Science is interested in evidence and prepared to change its mind when with contrary evidence. The are experts among scientists but there is no authority. Sciene progresses, theology does not.
Belief (blind faith) is in contempt of healthy human intellect. Truth does not demand belief. Truth has merits on its own.
I don't want to talk to any biologist, I need to know if you have any solid evidence, you claim that the Darwinian theory is accepted by all scientists but unfortunately that's not the case, and that Skull in the national museum in U.K is fake according to many scientists like Björn Kurtén, I recommend his book "not from the apes", he suggests that humans probably were before Apes, shows big variations in ape's skeletal and humans ....and many more.

on the other hand we as Muslims don't claim that we know everything, we do have faith that Allah created the whole universe, but we still want to know how the universe was created, it is a must, we are obligated to use our minds understand God's wisdom and work.

Location hidden

#2573 Mar 10, 2014
hazem selawi wrote:
<quoted text>
That is an irrelevant example and has nothing to do with a a change in kind ...!!!!
because obviously bacteria is still bacteria.
How many Kinds of bacteria are there? I bet you haven't a clue and think there's only one.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bacteria

How many Kinds of Eukaryote are there?
If there's only one Kind of bacteria then there's only one Kind of Eukaryote which means all fish, amphibian, reptiles, mammals, insects, spiders, worms etc are one Kind.
hazem selawi wrote:
the scientific method Requires an observable and testable evidence, and so far we don't have that for Darwin's theory, thus you should have faith in this theory because there is noway you can observe nor test evolution.
And we have all the observable evidence and testable we need.
Just look at how quickly all those weird dog breeds have been bred from wolfs. Is a chihuahua still a wolf?
What's stopping a small mammal evolving into every mammal we see today?

Fossils and dna are testable as they have to fit into a branching tree of life.

Endogenous retroviruses (or ERVs) are viruses that infected the dna of eggs cells or sperm and were then passed on to subsequent generations. The only way the same erv's could be found in different species in the same place is if they are related. So they can be use to confirm we do share a common ancestor with chimpanzees.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Evidence_of_common_desc...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Endogenous_retro...
hazem selawi wrote:
All you gave me so far are examples of evolution, and I don't have any problem with that, there is evolution and changing over time but not necessarily a change in kind...!!
you should put a hundred line under the word KIND
Because I'm evil I now request you to define Kind with a proper scientific definition.
As all life is related I know you can't do it.
hazem selawi wrote:
I believe the entire universe was created within 6 different periods (phases) not 6 days, Because taking in consideration the relativity of time, a "day" refers only to a 24-hour period experienced on Earth under current conditions. Elsewhere in the universe, however at another time and under other conditions, a "day" could refer to a much longer period of time. Indeed the word "ayyamin" in the period of six days (sittati ayyamin) in these verses (Qur'an 32:4, 10:3, 11:7, 25:59, 57:4, 50:38, and 7:54) means not only "days," but also "age, period, moment, term."
The Quran could have been clearer.
hazem selawi wrote:
you can read this article (very interesting) it shows you exactly how the Quran confirms and goes with modern science.
http://www.miraclesofthequran.com/scientific_...
The maths used are nonsense and unsupported as is everything on Harun Yahya website.
It's just made up nonsense.
hazem selawi wrote:
and some biologists say that these fossils doesn't confirm anything and most of it are fabricated.
No biologist believes most fossils are fabricated.
Very few don't accept evolution.

“I started out with nothing”

Since: Nov 10

and still got most of it left

#2574 Mar 10, 2014
hazem selawi wrote:
<quoted text>
because obviously if you don't have a solid evidence for a new species or at least any kind of observable evidence to a change of kind (just like what Darwin suggested) then you have faith in what Darwin and other scientists said.
as I said to Igor trip Darwinism led many to try to make a link between man and this long chain of creation, but without having any clear or sound evidence, the current fossils record is still deficient, having many gaps, as evidence by the ancient record of life on earth (at least 3800 million years), which has been inhabited by several consecutive patterns of creation that increased in their number and complexity of structure as time went by. This correct observation has been used in making many wrong deductions.
so you certainly only have faith in the Darwinian theory Just like religious people have faith in god because obviously you'll never be able to observe any changes or see any new species or change in a kind within your short life after All Richard Dawkins is the one who said that we are condemned to live for a very short periods of time that we will never be able to observe evolution happening.
your whole life and beliefs is based on a theory that can be proven to be right or wrong.
There is solid and irrefutable evidence from several different lines of enquiry.

What you said is irrelevant. Just because you don’t want there to be a chain of evidence you are ignoring the chains(s) of evidence. I really have no tolerance for such deliberate ignorance.

The fossil record does have gaps in some places, so what. It also has plenty of places without gaps and there is also considerably more than the fossil record to take into account when covering those gaps.

Wrong, evolution is fact, measured and observed and recorded.

#2575 Mar 10, 2014
hazem selawi wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong, because obviously Gravity can be tested and observed easily just hold a cup of glass and let it go.
who told you that evolution is a fact and who told you that its a proven fact with an irrefutable evidence ???!
As can evolution in several ways including that real duzie that you could never have an excuse for, the genetic code…

As to who told me, well, for the most part people who know, experts who have qualified in the field and spent their entire working lives studying and researching evolution. Add to that my own hobby of studying humans over the last 40,000 years (hence my avatar which you deny is actually what it is). As opposed to some guy with a marketing degree and a quran to help him make his profound pronouncements based on nothing but faith.

P.S. I have blue eyes…

P.P.S I don’t have a tail, I have a coccyx

P.P.P.S I can drink milk, I am not lactose intolerant

P.P.P.P.S I have an underdeveloped plantaris muscle

P.P.P.P.P.S there is as much proof that I share a common ancestor with you and with every other living thing on this planet as there is that the sun is yellow and hot. And you are willing to use that very same proof to condom a suspect to death for his crimes with 100% certainty yet you are not willing to accept that very same evidence when it comes to shifting your faith. How strange.

#2576 Mar 10, 2014
Thinking wrote:
Correct. Steve Jones,(who is no "in your face" Dawkins type) bemoans otherwise intelligent muslims turning their back on evidence when they walk out of Evolution lectures. He's a kindly diminutive scouser that is obliged to wear socks and sandals because his feet have been in a mess all his life.
But if they want to be taxi drivers and kebab merchants rather than respected biochemists, who am I to intervene?
<quoted text>
Socks with sandals? Has the man got no sense of style??? Atrocious, that is something I have no wish to know about.

High Muslim population and they make up a way above proportion of the taxi drivers. But most of the kebab merchants tend to be Italian or Cypriot.

#2577 Mar 10, 2014
Thinking wrote:
If you deny Evolution there are certain jobs you can't do.
Chilli sauce, please.
<quoted text>
Some things can be forgiven and for a good Kabab smothered in chilli sauce I will forgive a lot. Someone has to do it so why not the deliberately ignorant
Thinking

Twickenham, UK

#2579 Mar 10, 2014
You can't see his unfortunate feet on TIMC podcasts.

I've lived near Banbury and High Wycombe and kebab shops there are certainly a muslim trade. To get a Greek/Cypriot kebab I need to go to upmarket Amersham.
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Socks with sandals? Has the man got no sense of style??? Atrocious, that is something I have no wish to know about.
High Muslim population and they make up a way above proportion of the taxi drivers. But most of the kebab merchants tend to be Italian or Cypriot.
Mahmood

Markham, Canada

#2580 Mar 10, 2014
hazem selawi wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't get it, you are confusing me, where exactly do you stand ??
so do you think he was a great man or not ??
A great man can do evil things, that's where I stand. He may have been a great man but he still engaged in ethnic cleansing, murder, warfare, and misogyny.

Many a great men have committed genocide. There is a difference between a great man and a good man.
Mahmood

Markham, Canada

#2581 Mar 10, 2014
hazem selawi wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't want to talk to any biologist, I need to know if you have any solid evidence, you claim that the Darwinian theory is accepted by all scientists but unfortunately that's not the case, and that Skull in the national museum in U.K is fake according to many scientists like Björn Kurtén, I recommend his book "not from the apes", he suggests that humans probably were before Apes, shows big variations in ape's skeletal and humans ....and many more.
on the other hand we as Muslims don't claim that we know everything, we do have faith that Allah created the whole universe, but we still want to know how the universe was created, it is a must, we are obligated to use our minds understand God's wisdom and work.
I am not going to argue about this business of evolution because I do have the knowledge. I accept it because it has been scientifically validated.
Mahmood

Markham, Canada

#2582 Mar 10, 2014
hazem selawi wrote:
<quoted text>
On a friendly note I would like to add that your Koranic/Biblical business of Adam is bunkum.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 19 min Dave Nelson 230,126
Does Being 'Spiritual But Not Religious' Really... 39 min True Christian wi... 7
Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) 2 hr Richardfs 23,004
Atheist because of art class 3 hr AtheistBodybuilde... 1
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) 5 hr Richardfs 1,404
Islam for peace, or violence? 6 hr Thinking 54
Adam Atheoi - the god of 'humanity' 6 hr Thinking 92
Our world came from nothing? 14 hr Thinking 1,061

Atheism People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE