Richard Dawkins - God is evil, pedoph...

Richard Dawkins - God is evil, pedophilesa not so bad

There are 3146 comments on the Examiner.com story from Sep 14, 2013, titled Richard Dawkins - God is evil, pedophilesa not so bad. In it, Examiner.com reports that:

"The God of the Qur'an is arguably the most unpleasant character in all fiction: jealous and proud of it; a petty, unjust, unforgiving control-freak; a vindictive, bloodthirsty ethnic cleanser; a misogynistic, homophobic, racist, infanticidal, genocidal, filicidal, pestilential, megalomaniacal, sadomasochistic, capriciously malevolent bully.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Examiner.com.

Since: Oct 13

Location hidden

#2550 Mar 7, 2014
Igor Trip wrote:
<quoted text>
Strangely this isn't mentioned in the Quran or hadiths yet as the first martyrs they should be.
And the sentence for apostasy in Islam is still death.
torturing Summayah and Yasir to death by Abu jahl is mentioned in ibn ishaq's biography of Mohammed.

the sentence for apostasy in Islam is not always death as I told you each case has its different circumstances, and anyways the sentence of apostasy in Islam can only be applied under proper sharia law where one can easily see the beauty of Islam, because its all connected, not to mention that under sharia law all people are equally partners in pasture, water and fire (oil and gas).

so I wouldn't mind if that infidel Abu Jahl offered such rights to the family of Yasir and applied the economical, judicial, personal and political systems before torturing them to death, and by the way I am quite certain that there isn't any kind of law regarding anything from Al Lat ,Al Uzza and the bunch of idols Quraysh used to worship.

thus the comparison of the penalty of apostasy in Islam and Quraysh is irrelevant, or maybe you just want to start a discussion about the penalty of apostasy in Islam in that case I can only tell you throughout recorded human history, treachery and betrayal have been considered as hideous crimes and the penalty of such crime is death in most of the countries all over the world.

Thinking

Gillingham, UK

#2551 Mar 8, 2014
If you deny Evolution there are certain jobs you can't do.

Chilli sauce, please.
hazem selawi wrote:
<quoted text>
so are you saying that taxi drivers and merchants are less respected than biochemists ??
I think after many discussion one will finally show his real skin, it turned out that you are arrogant, racist, supercilious and concerned with appearances.
so do all of us a favor and stop talking about morals because An empty hand has nothing to give.

“Evil Atheist :-)”

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#2552 Mar 8, 2014
hazem selawi wrote:
<quoted text>
if you read the history of Byzantium or Roman empire you'll realize that it was theoretically impossible at that time for them to defeat Persians (specially in a very short period of time )but they did after 7 years of the loss, and the Quran stated that they (the Romans) will be victorious within three to nine years, used the word (beda'e) beda'e in Arabic refers to numbers from 3 to 9.
When it comes to war there's no such thing as impossible.
The Byzantine army was still intact. They had only lost territories, their own lands were secure.
One good battle and they would recapture them.
hazem selawi wrote:
I don't know where you got from that there was no battle anywhere near the dead sea ..!!
because for Christian Byzantium, the loss of the True Cross was the heaviest blow in that defeat in Jerusalem, the dead sea is 21 miles away from Jerusalem and its also the intersection point of the lands belonging to Syria, Palestine, and Jordan.
when Byzantines were defeated ,the Persians seized control of Damascus, Armenia, and Jerusalem so that leave us with no other choice but to be sure that Persians and Romans actually fought at the Dead Sea basin (the lake of Lut).
This Arabic expression adna al-Ard is interpreted as "a nearby place" in many translations. However this is not the literal meaning, but probably a figurative interpretation. The word adna, derived from the word dani (low), means “the lowest”. The word ard means “the world.” Therefore, adna al-ard means "the lowest place on Earth."
Jerusalem's on a hill.

Location hidden

#2553 Mar 8, 2014
hazem selawi wrote:
<quoted text>
torturing Summayah and Yasir to death by Abu jahl is mentioned in ibn ishaq's biography of Mohammed.
Isn't ibn ishaq's biography heavily criticised and not considered wholly reliable?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ibn_Ishaq#Views_...
I just think it's odd that the first martyrs aren't mentioned in either the Quran of hadiths.
hazem selawi wrote:
the sentence for apostasy in Islam is not always death as I told you each case has its different circumstances, and anyways the sentence of apostasy in Islam can only be applied under proper sharia law where one can easily see the beauty of Islam, because its all connected, not to mention that under sharia law all people are equally partners in pasture, water and fire (oil and gas).
Maybe they can see Islam's beauty, maybe that's why they're apostates.
The rulers of any Islamic state will believe they're applying proper sharia law.
hazem selawi wrote:
so I wouldn't mind if that infidel Abu Jahl offered such rights to the family of Yasir and applied the economical, judicial, personal and political systems before torturing them to death, and by the way I am quite certain that there isn't any kind of law regarding anything from Al Lat ,Al Uzza and the bunch of idols Quraysh used to worship.
Is there any evidence the family of Yasir suffered when they were pagans?
hazem selawi wrote:
thus the comparison of the penalty of apostasy in Islam and Quraysh is irrelevant, or maybe you just want to start a discussion about the penalty of apostasy in Islam in that case I can only tell you throughout recorded human history, treachery and betrayal have been considered as hideous crimes and the penalty of such crime is death in most of the countries all over the world.
Then the Meccan's would be in their right to kill Muslim converts wouldn't they?

Location hidden

#2554 Mar 8, 2014
Thinking wrote:
If you deny Evolution there are certain jobs you can't do.
Chilli sauce, please.
<quoted text>
Hahahah Chilli sauce you say, very good comeback

Location hidden

#2556 Mar 8, 2014
Igor Trip wrote:
<quoted text>
When it comes to war there's no such thing as impossible.
The Byzantine army was still intact. They had only lost territories, their own lands were secure.
One good battle and they would recapture them.
so you are saying that Mohammed took a wild guess??

lets assume it was a coincidence.
Igor Trip wrote:
<quoted text>
Jerusalem's on a hill.
Did you actually read what I wrote ??!! Romans lost Jerusalem, Syria , Armenia and a couple of territories because of that battle, and the dead sea basin is an intersection point between Syria, Jordan and Palastine (21 mile away) so logically the battle was supposed to be fought at dead sea basin not to mention that the Romans and Persians history proves that fact.

maybe that was a coincidence too.

p.s: reading a couple of articles on Wikipedia wouldn't make you an expert in history.

Location hidden

#2557 Mar 8, 2014
Igor Trip wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no jump between species.
All species are very similar.
All animals begin as a single eukaryote cell. Only the dna varies.
Cats and Dogs are different species so tell me what is the difference between them? What does a cat have that a dog doesn't and a dog have that a cat doesn't? Why couldn't they share a distant ancestor?
There are fish that gulp air.
There are lung fish that (you've guessed it) have lungs. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lungfish
Change fins into legs and we have an amphibian. http://www.nbcnews.com/id/4638587/ns/technolo...
Want a fish that grows legs and lungs? It's called a Tadpole. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tadpole
We share with fish a backbone, ribs, skull, limbs where fins are, a heart, blood, stomach, liver, kidneys, brain, two eyes, mouth, tongue, teeth. We aren't that different.
There's nothing preventing fish evolving into us and all the other land vertebrates by millions of tiny steps.
If you think there is can you please specify it
Lots of small steps equal one big step.
There are no wholly different species. Species are really very similar.
Evolution is adaptation to the environment.
You're trying to draw an artificial line that doesn't exist.
Then why do the fossils we find fit into the tree of life just as evolution expects?
Skulls that show humans evolving from apes.
http://www.talkorigins.org/faqs/comdesc/image...
I don't know why atheists strongly believe in the Darwinian evolution theory, I said believe because obviously all of you have faith in what Darwin stated and a bunch of experts, and in noway can observe nor test any of the claimed evidences fossils offer.

I don't know what is your specialty but I have a feeling that you are not a biologist lets find out what some scientists and experts said about the evolution theory;

-Dr. Sourial mentioned that there are missing links between humans and living beings that are inferior to them and even between classes of other living organisms as well.

-Dallas, one of the naturalists who refuted the theory, and established that we should adopt the view that man was created in his present state without having undergone any evolution.

-ProfessorRudolf Virchow stated that there are definite differences between man and apes and that the theory of Darwin does not even deserve mention in scientific circles.

-George Mivart said that Darwin’s theory resembles childish thoughts.

-Huxley, Darwin’s friend....!!! stated that Darwin’s theory has not yet been proved to be true.

and the list goes on and on.

I am really curious why some people decided to take Darwin's theory as a clear fact and hang on the opinion of some scientists and completely ignore the opinion of other reliable scientists.

and Even if we assumed that the Darwinian theory was true, what does that has to do with Denying the existence of a creator ?

Location hidden

#2558 Mar 8, 2014
hazem selawi wrote:
<quoted text>
so you are saying that Mohammed took a wild guess??
lets assume it was a coincidence.
He took a wild guess and got lucky. Byzantine's first victory was 9 years after Jerusalem fell.
hazem selawi wrote:
Did you actually read what I wrote ??!! Romans lost Jerusalem, Syria , Armenia and a couple of territories because of that battle, and the dead sea basin is an intersection point between Syria, Jordan and Palastine (21 mile away) so logically the battle was supposed to be fought at dead sea basin not to mention that the Romans and Persians history proves that fact.
maybe that was a coincidence too.
p.s: reading a couple of articles on Wikipedia wouldn't make you an expert in history.
The Persians had already conquered most of Syria and Armenia before they headed for Jerusalem.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Byzantine-p...
There was a big battle near the town of Emesa but that's near Tripoli.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Byzantine-Sassan...
The City of Jerusalem was besieged for 3 weeks before falling.
There was no major battle outside the city.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Siege_of_Jerusal...

Location hidden

#2559 Mar 8, 2014
hazem selawi wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know why atheists strongly believe in the Darwinian evolution theory, I said believe because obviously all of you have faith in what Darwin stated and a bunch of experts, and in noway can observe nor test any of the claimed evidences fossils offer.
All the evidence fits evolution.
The fossils, DNA, life today, geology all fit with evolution.

Evolution can be observed as when bacteria evolved the ability to digest nylon, a substance new to nature.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nylon-eating_bac...
hazem selawi wrote:
I don't know what is your specialty but I have a feeling that you are not a biologist lets find out what some scientists and experts said about the evolution theory;
-Dr. Sourial mentioned that there are missing links between humans and living beings that are inferior to them and even between classes of other living organisms as well.
-Dallas, one of the naturalists who refuted the theory, and established that we should adopt the view that man was created in his present state without having undergone any evolution.
-ProfessorRudolf Virchow stated that there are definite differences between man and apes and that the theory of Darwin does not even deserve mention in scientific circles.
-Huxley, Darwin’s friend....!!! stated that Darwin’s theory has not yet been proved to be true.
I am really curious why some people decided to take Darwin's theory as a clear fact and hang on the opinion of some scientists and completely ignore the opinion of other reliable scientists.
Don't you have any one from the 20th or 21st century?

The vast majority of biologists and geologists believe in evolution and that's because they study the evidence for it daily.

Project Steve lists scientists called Steve who believe in evolution. They account for about 1% of all scientists.
http://ncse.com/taking-action/project-steve
hazem selawi wrote:
and Even if we assumed that the Darwinian theory was true, what does that has to do with Denying the existence of a creator ?
That depends on what claims you wish to make for your God. For example a 6 day creation has been totally disproven and there are plenty of fossils to show evolution from Apes to Men.

Location hidden

#2560 Mar 8, 2014
Igor Trip wrote:
<quoted text>
Evolution can be observed as when bacteria evolved the ability to digest nylon, a substance new to nature.
yes but bacteria remained bacteria, that doesn't refer to a change of kind.
Igor Trip wrote:
<quoted text>
The vast majority of biologists and geologists believe in evolution and that's because they study the evidence for it daily.
Project Steve lists scientists called Steve who believe in evolution. They account for about 1% of all scientists.
yes of course there are plenty but the problem is that you only believe what you want to hear.
Igor Trip wrote:
<quoted text>
That depends on what claims you wish to make for your God. For example a 6 day creation has been totally disproven and there are plenty of fossils to show evolution from Apes to Men.
the Quran doesn't state that the earth was created in 6 days, that's you not understanding the Quran language, yes there may be some fossils which goes back to millions of years, so who knows, for myself I don't see any of that as an observable evidence.

Buck Crick

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#2561 Mar 8, 2014
Igor Trip wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Hi, Igloo Top.

Your thinking is unclear and misdirected. It means absolutely nothing to say the evidence "fits evolution", as there are at least 6 different definitions of evolution in scientific literature.

Also, "evolution", and "the theory of evolution" are two different things. The Pope accepts "evolution". Jimmy Swaggart probably accepts "evolution". My huntin' dogs accept "evolution". But if you speak of the Neo-Darwinian synthesis, or "theory of evolution", the believers empty the room a bit, as the complete conceptualization is, in parts, very tenuous.

Anyway, Microsoft is not about to adopt the method of innovation in programming by taking old program codes and shuffling them randomly, and having blind programmers select out the ones they like. At least that's my opinion.

Come over some time and me and Hazel will share some pork rinds and Budweiser with you.

Absolute Salami. I never know if I should place a period there. Muhammed Ali forgive me.
Mahmood

Brampton, Canada

#2562 Mar 9, 2014
hazem selawi wrote:
<quoted text>
yes, my point was that Mohammed lived for 13 years in Al Madina, and according to your numbers and references Mohammed (PBUH) participated in 27 Ghazwat (pluaral of Ghazwa) so that is approximately 3 battles per year, however in the 2 Authentic books of Hadith (Bukhari and muslim) you'll find that Mohammed participated in 17 Ghazwat, but in biographies the number ranges between 25 and 29.
Ibn Hajar al-Asqalani gathered all of the different sayings and said that some scholars gave a big number because they mentioned every ghazwa even if some of those Ghazwat occurred in a very short period of time, and probably others combined some of the ghazwat and mentioned it as one ghazwa, For instance some mentioned the ghazwa of Al Khandaq, Hunayn, Banu quraytha and al Ta'ef as one ghazwa.
Whether he participated in 50 raids or 5 does not exonerate him from the violence he initiated. This was a man who was a peaceful preacher in Mecca, and when he was in a position of power in Medina, there was transformation in his personality. He became violent, ever ready and willing to wage war, engaged in ethnic cleansing, and murdered people. And still you venerate him as your prophet - what a shame!!
Mahmood

Brampton, Canada

#2563 Mar 9, 2014
hazem selawi wrote:
<quoted text>
I am no biologist nor do I know a shit load about the theory of evolution, but one thing is for sure that 150 years have gone by and Darwin's evolution is stronger than ever. I suggest you go to the Natural History Mueseum in London where a whole floor is devoted to Charles Darwin. What's crap is your Adam and Eve bull&hit.

Location hidden

#2564 Mar 9, 2014
Mahmood wrote:
<quoted text>
Whether he participated in 50 raids or 5 does not exonerate him from the violence he initiated. This was a man who was a peaceful preacher in Mecca, and when he was in a position of power in Medina, there was transformation in his personality. He became violent, ever ready and willing to wage war, engaged in ethnic cleansing, and murdered people. And still you venerate him as your prophet - what a shame!!
I remember that you agreed me with me on what a great person Mohammed was, I think there is a transformation in your personality not Mohammed's.

Location hidden

#2565 Mar 9, 2014
Mahmood wrote:
<quoted text>
I am no biologist nor do I know a shit load about the theory of evolution, but one thing is for sure that 150 years have gone by and Darwin's evolution is stronger than ever. I suggest you go to the Natural History Mueseum in London where a whole floor is devoted to Charles Darwin. What's crap is your Adam and Eve bull&hit.
since you don't know a shit about Darwinian evolution theory then you only have faith...!!

I don't care if the natural history museum devoted a whole floor or the whole museum to Charles Darwin, and exactly on what basis are you denying Adam and Eve story ???!!

you don't have any observable and testable evidence to support your faith in Darwin's theory,
So how dare you denying anything when your hands are completely empty ???!!

for weeks you proved nothing but your ignorance, at first you came up claiming that Quran contradicts on the view of Christians, you have serious lack of knowledge on Fiqh al Hadith and al Hadith science but that didn't stop you from claiming that Hadiths were impossible to be gathered and/or compiled and it turned out that you believe in evolution while you don't know a shit load about the theory of evolution (your words not mine).....!!!!

you are wasting your time and have a blind faith, open your eyes and come back to the straight path, its never too late till you leave this world.

Location hidden

#2566 Mar 9, 2014
hazem selawi wrote:
<quoted text>
yes but bacteria remained bacteria, that doesn't refer to a change of kind.
But it's a different bacteria with new genes and functions.
Don't underestimate the vast diversity of bacteria in the world, they don't need to become multicellular to become a new species.
hazem selawi wrote:
yes of course there are plenty but the problem is that you only believe what you want to hear.
The whole point of the scientific method is to eliminate human bias.
Everything comes down to evidence, evidence that can be checked by anyone, even you.
There are plenty of religious scientists who would love to prove there has to be a God and if the evidence points that way they will say so.

As a Muslim what makes you think you don't only believe what you want to hear?
We're all biased. It's human nature.
hazem selawi wrote:
the Quran doesn't state that the earth was created in 6 days, that's you not understanding the Quran language,
There are plenty of Christians who do believe six days means six 24 hour days and that the world is only 6000 years old purely because the Bible says so.
I also thin that if you God didn't mean 24 hour days he really should have worded it differntly.
hazem selawi wrote:
yes there may be some fossils which goes back to millions of years, so who knows, for myself I don't see any of that as an observable evidence.
Then you would make a lousy detective.
It's the sequence in which the fossils are layered in the rocks what tells their story and it fits perfectly with evolution.

Location hidden

#2567 Mar 9, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi, Igloo Top.
Your thinking is unclear and misdirected. It means absolutely nothing to say the evidence "fits evolution", as there are at least 6 different definitions of evolution in scientific literature.
Also, "evolution", and "the theory of evolution" are two different things. The Pope accepts "evolution". Jimmy Swaggart probably accepts "evolution". My huntin' dogs accept "evolution". But if you speak of the Neo-Darwinian synthesis, or "theory of evolution", the believers empty the room a bit, as the complete conceptualization is, in parts, very tenuous.
Anyway, Microsoft is not about to adopt the method of innovation in programming by taking old program codes and shuffling them randomly, and having blind programmers select out the ones they like. At least that's my opinion.
Come over some time and me and Hazel will share some pork rinds and Budweiser with you.
Absolute Salami. I never know if I should place a period there. Muhammed Ali forgive me.
Maybe Microsoft should consider evolution based programming.

Evolutionary computation
"Evolutionary computation uses iterative progress, such as growth or development in a population. This population is then selected in a guided random search using parallel processing to achieve the desired end. Such processes are often inspired by biological mechanisms of evolution."
"As evolution can produce highly optimised processes and networks, it has many applications in computer science."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Evolutionary_com...

Location hidden

#2568 Mar 9, 2014
Igor Trip wrote:
<quoted text>
But it's a different bacteria with new genes and functions.
Don't underestimate the vast diversity of bacteria in the world, they don't need to become multicellular to become a new species.
That is an irrelevant example and has nothing to do with a a change in kind ...!!!!
because obviously bacteria is still bacteria.
Igor Trip wrote:
<quoted text>
The whole point of the scientific method is to eliminate human bias.
Everything comes down to evidence, evidence that can be checked by anyone, even you.
There are plenty of religious scientists who would love to prove there has to be a God and if the evidence points that way they will say so.
As a Muslim what makes you think you don't only believe what you want to hear?
We're all biased. It's human nature.
the scientific method Requires an observable and testable evidence, and so far we don't have that for Darwin's theory, thus you should have faith in this theory because there is noway you can observe nor test evolution.

All you gave me so far are examples of evolution, and I don't have any problem with that, there is evolution and changing over time but not necessarily a change in kind...!!
you should put a hundred line under the word KIND

Igor Trip wrote:
<quoted text>
There are plenty of Christians who do believe six days means six 24 hour days and that the world is only 6000 years old purely because the Bible says so.
I also thin that if you God didn't mean 24 hour days he really should have worded it differntly.
I believe the entire universe was created within 6 different periods (phases) not 6 days, Because taking in consideration the relativity of time, a "day" refers only to a 24-hour period experienced on Earth under current conditions. Elsewhere in the universe, however at another time and under other conditions, a "day" could refer to a much longer period of time. Indeed the word "ayyamin" in the period of six days (sittati ayyamin) in these verses (Qur'an 32:4, 10:3, 11:7, 25:59, 57:4, 50:38, and 7:54) means not only "days," but also "age, period, moment, term."

you can read this article (very interesting) it shows you exactly how the Quran confirms and goes with modern science.
http://www.miraclesofthequran.com/scientific_...
Igor Trip wrote:
<quoted text>
Then you would make a lousy detective.
It's the sequence in which the fossils are layered in the rocks what tells their story and it fits perfectly with evolution.
and some biologists say that these fossils doesn't confirm anything and most of it are fabricated.
Mahmood

Brampton, Canada

#2569 Mar 9, 2014
hazem selawi wrote:
<quoted text>
I remember that you agreed me with me on what a great person Mohammed was, I think there is a transformation in your personality not Mohammed's.
Mohammad was one of the greatest man to have ever lived. Since you are big fan of hadith and sira, you will realize that he did some horrible things.

Hitler too was a great man but he was still evil.
Mahmood

Brampton, Canada

#2570 Mar 9, 2014
hazem selawi wrote:
<quoted text>
since you don't know a shit about Darwinian evolution theory then you only have faith...!!
I don't care if the natural history museum devoted a whole floor or the whole museum to Charles Darwin, and exactly on what basis are you denying Adam and Eve story ???!!
you don't have any observable and testable evidence to support your faith in Darwin's theory,
So how dare you denying anything when your hands are completely empty ???!!
for weeks you proved nothing but your ignorance, at first you came up claiming that Quran contradicts on the view of Christians, you have serious lack of knowledge on Fiqh al Hadith and al Hadith science but that didn't stop you from claiming that Hadiths were impossible to be gathered and/or compiled and it turned out that you believe in evolution while you don't know a shit load about the theory of evolution (your words not mine).....!!!!
you are wasting your time and have a blind faith, open your eyes and come back to the straight path, its never too late till you leave this world.
The theory of Evolution is now a science. Talk to any renowned biologist and he will tell you that the theory of evolution is stronger than ever. You Adam and Eve story on the other hand is bunkum - devoid of evidence. What evidence do you have for Adam? And yes, hadith literature is not to be trusted and I have cited several reasons for it.

The key thing about science is that we don’t think we know everything. The problem with religion is that you claim to know the truth before you claim to know anything. In science there are measureable facts . We as humans have a lot to learn. The idea that God did it closes door to open inquiry. Science is interested in evidence and prepared to change its mind when with contrary evidence. The are experts among scientists but there is no authority. Sciene progresses, theology does not.

Belief (blind faith) is in contempt of healthy human intellect. Truth does not demand belief. Truth has merits on its own.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 33 min replaytime 93,360
News Scientific, Philosophical Case for God's Existe... 4 hr blacklagoon 3 78
News American Atheists terminates its president over... 16 hr Eagle 12 - 19
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) Apr 14 blacklagoon 3 4,141
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) Apr 14 Into The Night 258,515
News The Anti-Christian Movement Apr 10 blacklagoon 3 11
News Why Atheist Richard Dawkins Supports Religious ... (Jun '17) Apr 9 Wisdom of Ages 6,048