Richard Dawkins - God is evil, pedoph...

Richard Dawkins - God is evil, pedophilesa not so bad

There are 3147 comments on the Examiner.com story from Sep 14, 2013, titled Richard Dawkins - God is evil, pedophilesa not so bad. In it, Examiner.com reports that:

"The God of the Qur'an is arguably the most unpleasant character in all fiction: jealous and proud of it; a petty, unjust, unforgiving control-freak; a vindictive, bloodthirsty ethnic cleanser; a misogynistic, homophobic, racist, infanticidal, genocidal, filicidal, pestilential, megalomaniacal, sadomasochistic, capriciously malevolent bully.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Examiner.com.

Since: Oct 13

Location hidden

#2488 Mar 5, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
There are many animals that either share child nursing or the male takes full responsibility, but in the case of humans its irrelevant, male mammals don’t breastfeed. That is not to say that some (SOME) men are not glad to help and share the responsibility. For example I can imagine you lending a hand if only to make you feel good about yourself. On the other hand I really cannot imaging someone like Buck Crick within 500 yards of a child, the thought is actually frightening.
It’s not just humans that have developed breast feeding, consider the meaning of the word mammal, http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3044/571393360...
before yesterday I watched a short clip, its taken from a BBC documentary movie about mammals life, that clip shows the childbirth of a kangaroo, it turned out that the undeveloped Embryo gets out of his mother womb and cruel on her belly to reach her pouch and gets his small mouth on his mother nipple to breastfeed, stays in there for 9 months until finally get out to world.

you might find it disgusting but for its miraculous.

I still don't understand who taught infants how to breastfeed ???
its dafinetly something cannot be taught to embryos by surroundings, previous experiences or by the influence of others.
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
I was indicating the positive correlation among christians and the negative correlation among atheists of the US prison population compared with the overall US population. Where, pro-rata the religions make up a far higher representation of convicted felons than atheist. I do get rather peeved at the religious blaming atheism for
but you are not taking in consideration that those convicted people are certainly not abiding their the rules of their religion so they are more like atheists but born as Christians and stayed Christians while actually they are not practicing their religion in anyway.
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
So who decides what is justice?
Logic, statistics and results.
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
What is wrong with being dependant on humanity, civilisation, morality, the common good of the people to whom the law will be applied?
obviously we tried and still trying but its not working, for instance the prison population in america increased 800% since the seventies, some people are still starving to death, Every 2 minutes another American is sexually assaulted (according to U.S. Department of Justice's National Crime) http://www.rainn.org/get-information/statisti... , women are still getting raped and the list goes on and on.

ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Oui, je parle bien le français (pas aussi bien que je le voudrais, mais assez bon). Partie de la négociation n'était pas acceptable par les mots d'une femme. Les attitudes de certains des hommes étaient un peu archaïque. Mais ne vous inquiétez pas, j'ai gagné le contrat, sans avoir à clignoter un peu la cuisse.
Je ne savais pas que vous avez également une maîtrise de la langue française, mais j'aurais dû réaliser en raison de votre voyage.
Hahah I dont speak french well, after years of studying french I only get to understand the general meaning, so your contract wouldn't be acceptable by a woman in lebanon and you found that barbaric right ??

c'est très étrange, parce que les gens libanais sont très ouverts d'esprit, les bonnes nouvelles que vous avez obtenu le contrat, mais je crains que l'homme a pris un grand commision.
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh yes, just a quickie, Whatever you think of Russian military policies in the Crimea, you have to admit that their army officers wear really BIG hats
I really don't understand why would Russia be that interested in the Crimea ??
maybe because of its location near the black sea.

“Sombrero Galaxy”

Since: Jan 10

I'm An Illegal Alien

#2489 Mar 5, 2014
hazem selawi wrote:
<quoted text>
Christine you are being narrow minded because you keep not taking in consideration the time of Mohammed, Give me one culture that implied written personal hygiene .
<quoted text>
If he was a prophet, then it wouldn't matter what age he was in; his wisdom and foresight should be eternal..
hazem selawi wrote:
<quoted text>
How come non of these religions gave any rights for women ?? Judaism and Christianity Blame Eve for seducing Adam to eat from the tree except with Islam.
Alright, then how come non of these religions state any economical, social and political Accurate rules ??
Because they are all equally garbage
hazem selawi wrote:
<quoted text>
Islam is the only religion that makes men and women equal in duties in front of Allah.
Islam makes women so equal that only men can have multiple spouses. Women have to submit to men, and their testimony is worth less than that of a man.

Location hidden

#2490 Mar 5, 2014
emperorjohn wrote:
<quoted text>
If he was a prophet, then it wouldn't matter what age he was in; his wisdom and foresight should be eternal..
I don't get your point, we were talking about Islamic personal hygiene teachings, So when Mohammed (PBUH) 1400 years ago was teachings his companions in details how to clean themselves other nations were swimming in ignorance and dirt.
emperorjohn wrote:
<quoted text>
Because they are all equally garbage
so you are another man who thinks that he understands everything, while in fact I am quite certain you only know what other people told you.
emperorjohn wrote:
<quoted text>
Islam makes women so equal that only men can have multiple spouses. Women have to submit to men, and their testimony is worth less than that of a man.
Alright, then why don't you give me one observable evidence for Darwinian evolution of a change of kind ??
put a big line under the word change of kind as one species evolving into another species.

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#2491 Mar 5, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
You only forgot about the 350 or so women you claim to have shagged, possibly throughout car windows while their BF was sleeping off a drunk in the drivers seat, your support of the nambla objectives and belief that youtube is evidence of god.
And each and every woman enjoyed it.

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#2492 Mar 5, 2014
hazem selawi wrote:
<quoted text>
according to my beliefs it’s never too late till you die, God is all forgiving but you have to remember that he is severe in penalty as well.
I had a very hard time understanding how god could be merciful, all forgiving and at the same time severe in penalty till a good brother told me that the Muslim is like a bird with two wings, one of the wings points to god mercy, forgiving …etc and the other point to god’s punishment, so if that Muslim only focused and put too much weight on the mercy wing there would be no Balance and thus the bird will fell down, and if that Muslim only focused and put too much weight on the penalty wing the bird will fell down as well , the point is that we should always remember that god is all forgiving and at the same time severe in penalty.
For instance if someone only thinks of god punishment, he may not be able to do anything because he will be too scared all the time, and if he only thinks of god mercy and forgiving he’ll do unlawful and prohibited things and thus may face so many obstacles in his life and if stayed on that road will eventually destroy himself in this life and the hereafter.
I am still sure that all the bad things happened in your life were better for you, you never know maybe being in prison saved you from a bigger thing, Prophet Joseph (Yusuf in Arabic) spent years in prison and after that he became the king of Egypt and even reunited with his father and brothers.
You have to bear in mind that the satan presents to people worldly things and makes those look more beautiful and desirable than the road of ALLAH, sex is good but one can simply get married instead of ruining the life of some underage girls not to mention that orgasm in best cases might last for 30 minutes so its not a big deal.
I don't know about cocaine but I heard its way better than Marijuana, the problem is if one let go of himself he'll eventually turn into a beast who only wants to satisfy his needs, although god blessed us with minds to differentiate us from animals, that's why you'll never find anything in Islam prohibited for no reason, there is always a reason and a very obvious reason.
<quoted text>
you might be shocked but I don’t listen to music, although most of Muslims listen to music but its unlawful in Islam and prohibited according to the opinion of the majority muslim scholars.
Don’t underestimate anything a song may take me back to my previous Heinous Actions, I always remember that Satan is my enemy and would definitely try to take me away from the right path, So I don’t follow his steps from the beginning because once you follow the first step he’ll get you to the another and so on, and eventually will destroy you.
My absolute Ehterami (respect)
So you're saying I might end up being King of Egypt?

Shit. If I do, you talk about some violent shit being brought down on those little camel humps.

Thanks Haze. I am encouraged. Absolute Salami.

“Evil Atheist :-)”

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#2493 Mar 5, 2014
hazem selawi wrote:
<quoted text>
Alright, then why don't you give me one observable evidence for Darwinian evolution of a change of kind ??
put a big line under the word change of kind as one species evolving into another species.
Bird evolution.
http://evolution.berkeley.edu/evolibrary/arti...

Location hidden

#2494 Mar 5, 2014
Igor Trip wrote:
<quoted text>
No we can't compare them because we don't know enough about pre-Islamic Mecca. We only have later Muslim propaganda.
I am sure you still can find a lot about the history of the pre-Islamic period in the Arabian peninsula, and if you didn't find anything on the international level, this might be a proof that Arabs weren't important before Islam that even nobody mentioned them in history books, and after Islam they defeated the most dominant powerful empires at that time such as Persia, the byzantine empire, big parts of Africa and of course the rest of the Arabian peninsula.
Igor Trip wrote:
<quoted text>
You're presuming Muhammad was a prophet whilst the Meccans just thought he was mad as the Quran states.
He would need to prove he was a prophet before telling people to follow him.
So the pagans weren't all bad then.
he did have a proof which is the Quran, the problem is that you don't speak Arabic so you cannot taste the miracle of the Quran, Arabs were the best in poetry and Arabic language, so god challenged them with the best thing they do and apparently nobody till this very moment could produce one chapter like the Quran.

do you know that tens of millions of Muslims all around the world memorized the whole book from cover to cover in Arabic, now if we gathered all the gospels,Torahs and Quran copies and threw them in the ocean; gospels and torahs will be lost forever, but muslims can gather the Quran exactly as it was by less than a day, all we have to do is get some 7 years old Indonesian, chinese or any nationality boy/girl and the Quran is back.

Can you imagine that more than 75% of muslims are non Arabs ?? and they memrize the Quran in Arabic, The largest Muslim population in a country is in Indonesia can you find me one battle, ghazwa or war between muslims and Indonesians ??

the mekkans didn't just call him mad but a magician and a liar as well, although he was known for his honesty before prophethood, some of them used to put their fingers in their ears to avoid listening to Quran, it was too good and they thought Quran will make them fall in magic.
Igor Trip wrote:
<quoted text>
If I were to start preaching atheism in a strict Muslim country I would probably be attacked by a mob, I would be arrested and in many Islamic countries the sentence is death.
Muhammad survived for 13 years whilst he attacked the pagan gods which suggests the pagans were a lot more tolerant.
Would you have a problem if the Meccans had treated those you consider false prophets the same way?
you may get arrested for preaching atheism in some falsely claimed Islamic countries, but under proper sharia law and through years a lot of Muslims came out with strange ideas which contradict directly with the teachings of Quran and Islam, so they were brought in front of people for a debate and scholars will show him the right way and prove where he got wrong and if he failed to prove his point he will be given 3 days to reconsider his thoughts or will be killed, I am not sure if he gets killed because each case has its own circumstances.

Igor Trip wrote:
<quoted text>
It all comes down to the question of whether Muhammad was a real prophet or not.
how can you tell if he is a prophet or not when you don't even believe in any prophets ??
what is the criteria or the standards you'll use to tell if Mohammed was a prophet or not ???!

Location hidden

#2495 Mar 5, 2014
Igor Trip wrote:
I think we both could agree that the scientific method is based on the collection of data through observation and experimentation, and all you gave me is an example of some kind of a diansur evolved millions of years ago, so such a proof cannot be observed or tested either.

and according to Richard Dawkins whose name is the title of our thread "we are condemned to live only for a few decades and that's too slow, too small a time scale to see evolution going on"

Thinking

Sheffield, UK

#2496 Mar 5, 2014
He's a big lad now (the actor). Twenty years ago, they looked more alike.

I'm sat at the top of our land (I put in a pile of repeaters) adoring the fact the rains have gone. I've got a couple of Froggies visiting that contracted gastroenteritis before they flew out of Grenoble and the only way I can stop the dog being noisy is to neck a bottle of Margaux sat half way up a hill.

We all know NI is about drugs money. Clearly the "new" terrorists want some of that.
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks, fixing slowly, was still eating yoghurt this morning but I am now looking forward to the first real meal I’ve had since Saturday evening.
I see now, yes he does look like him and he did speak up for him during the elections. Very sad really

“I started out with nothing”

Since: Nov 10

and still got most of it left

#2497 Mar 6, 2014
hazem selawi wrote:
<quoted text>
before yesterday I watched a short clip, its taken from a BBC documentary movie about mammals life, that clip shows the childbirth of a kangaroo, it turned out that the undeveloped Embryo gets out of his mother womb and cruel on her belly to reach her pouch and gets his small mouth on his mother nipple to breastfeed, stays in there for 9 months until finally get out to world.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =2lCKc8tURtcXX you might find it disgusting but for its miraculous.
I still don't understand who taught infants how to breastfeed ???
its dafinetly something cannot be taught to embryos by surroundings, previous experiences or by the influence of others.
<quoted text>
but you are not taking in consideration that those convicted people are certainly not abiding their the rules of their religion so they are more like atheists but born as Christians and stayed Christians while actually they are not practicing their religion in anyway.
<quoted text>
Logic, statistics and results.
<quoted text>
obviously we tried and still trying but its not working, for instance the prison population in america increased 800% since the seventies, some people are still starving to death, Every 2 minutes another American is sexually assaulted (according to U.S. Department of Justice's National Crime) http://www.rainn.org/get-information/statisti... , women are still getting raped and the list goes on and on.
<quoted text>
Hahah I dont speak french well, after years of studying french I only get to understand the general meaning, so your contract wouldn't be acceptable by a woman in lebanon and you found that barbaric right ??
c'est très étrange, parce que les gens libanais sont très ouverts d'esprit, les bonnes nouvelles que vous avez obtenu le contrat, mais je crains que l'homme a pris un grand commision.
<quoted text>
I really don't understand why would Russia be that interested in the Crimea ??
maybe because of its location near the black sea.
Seen it, or a similar film was shown in a school biology lesson when I was a child.

Who taught a lot of things? babies need feeding, breasts produce milk, breast milk is a free supply of food. When there is no supermarket within a quarter of a million years it’s a wonderful alternative?

They are abiding perfectly by the rules of their religion, god books teach child murder, theft, rape, slavery, deception, lies etc, basically the worst that bronze age humans could think of. Honey, what is more religious than following in your gods footsteps and committing genocide? Or perhaps you do not consider Noahs flood as a genocide story. Then how about abrahamic god killing all the first born of Egypt, and you wonder why religion has so little regard for childhood? You want me to go on because I have chapter and verse for the OT, which is pretty much a selectively copy of the Tanakh and yours book is not much different either.

More like atheists? I have already shown you with the US prison statistics that atheist are the most law abiding group (for want of a better collective word)

Not the people who it effects then, not a jury of peers, not qualified judges? There is very little logic in sharia law, as far as I an see there is nothing statistically valid about it, it appeasers to be arbitrary based on the mood of the (often uneducated) man/men passing judgement and the results are reflected in this randomness.

The prison system in the US is beyond belief, for a country that has laws against cruel and unusual punishment to employ slavery in the prison system is somewhat hypocritical don’t you think?

I found it barbaric that I could not negotiate for myself. Whenever I spoke several people simply turned away or they started chatting among themselves. Complete pig ignorance came to mind.

The only reason I can see is military brinkmanship. More pathetic egotestical (correct spelling) posturing.

#2498 Mar 6, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
And each and every woman enjoyed it.
Yes you are a legend in your own mind.

Did you actually dictate “tell me you enjoyed that you bitch” or do you just surmise they needed you so badly based on your undoubted superior manhood (snigger) and so wondered off to boast to your buddies that you had just shagged yet another slag?

#2499 Mar 6, 2014
Thinking wrote:
He's a big lad now (the actor). Twenty years ago, they looked more alike.
I'm sat at the top of our land (I put in a pile of repeaters) adoring the fact the rains have gone. I've got a couple of Froggies visiting that contracted gastroenteritis before they flew out of Grenoble and the only way I can stop the dog being noisy is to neck a bottle of Margaux sat half way up a hill.
We all know NI is about drugs money. Clearly the "new" terrorists want some of that.
<quoted text>
Never rated him as an actor anyway, just something about him that he didn’t have, I think is was talent

My goodness, some people do have a hard life. It was pleasant here too yesterday, and we have actually had 3 of 4 reasonable days, some without a cloud in the sky for minutes at a time. But hey, ho, raining again now.

I have heard quite a few times that the terrorists are now into pushing drugs. If they can’t fook up life by planting bombs and then running away chuckling to themselves then they must find another outlet so hooking children to them must be as good a way as any other.

Location hidden

#2500 Mar 6, 2014
hazem selawi wrote:
<quoted text>
I think we both could agree that the scientific method is based on the collection of data through observation and experimentation, and all you gave me is an example of some kind of a diansur evolved millions of years ago, so such a proof cannot be observed or tested either.
and according to Richard Dawkins whose name is the title of our thread "we are condemned to live only for a few decades and that's too slow, too small a time scale to see evolution going on"
But we can study fossils and see how they change over time.
In the case of birds we see small dinosaurs with feathers (probably for insulation and display). We then see dinos that can glide using feathers on all four limbs. Then we see dinos that can fly and then birds.
That's the sort of pattern we would expect for evolution.

Location hidden

#2501 Mar 6, 2014
hazem selawi wrote:
<quoted text>
I am sure you still can find a lot about the history of the pre-Islamic period in the Arabian peninsula, and if you didn't find anything on the international level, this might be a proof that Arabs weren't important before Islam that even nobody mentioned them in history books, and after Islam they defeated the most dominant powerful empires at that time such as Persia, the byzantine empire, big parts of Africa and of course the rest of the Arabian peninsula.
The Mongols also came out of nowhere and conquered China and Arabia.
Once someone manages to get a decent army conquest is often possible.
hazem selawi wrote:
he did have a proof which is the Quran, the problem is that you don't speak Arabic so you cannot taste the miracle of the Quran, Arabs were the best in poetry and Arabic language, so god challenged them with the best thing they do and apparently nobody till this very moment could produce one chapter like the Quran.
Translators need shooting.

Muhammad ibn Zakariya al-Razi
“You claim that the evidentiary miracle is present and available, namely, the Koran. You say: "Whoever denies it, let him produce a similar one." Indeed, we shall produce a thousand similar, from the works of rhetoricians, eloquent speakers and valiant poets, which are more appropriately phrased and state the issues more succinctly. They convey the meaning better and their rhymed prose is in better meter.
By God what you say astonishes us! You are talking about a work which recounts ancient myths, and which at the same time is full of contradictions and does not contain any useful information or explanation. Then you say: "Produce something like it"?!”
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muhammad_ibn_Zak...

Produce a play in the style of Shakespeare or a poem in the style of Dylan Thomas.

You're right that I can't judge the quality of the language of the Quran but I've read the opinions of many who can and most weren't that impressed.

The problem with the challenge is who judges?. Muslims are hardly going to be unbiased in this.
hazem selawi wrote:
do you know that tens of millions of Muslims all around the world memorized the whole book from cover to cover in Arabic, now if we gathered all the gospels,Torahs and Quran copies and threw them in the ocean; gospels and torahs will be lost forever, but muslims can gather the Quran exactly as it was by less than a day, all we have to do is get some 7 years old Indonesian, chinese or any nationality boy/girl and the Quran is back.
Many actors have memorised the complete works of Shakespeare.
The poetic nature of the Quran and the fact that it's shorter than the Bible helps here.
hazem selawi wrote:
Can you imagine that more than 75% of muslims are non Arabs ?? and they memrize the Quran in Arabic, The largest Muslim population in a country is in Indonesia can you find me one battle, ghazwa or war between muslims and Indonesians ??
“It was initially believed that Islam penetrated Indonesian society in a largely peaceful way, and from the 14th century to the end of the 19th century the archipelago saw almost no organised Muslim missionary activity.[6] This claim is then contradicted by Ali Mughayat Syah who started military campaigns to dominate the northern part of Sumatra and submitted the people to Islam and later findings of scholars that some parts of Java, i.e. Sundanese West Java and the kingdom of Majapahit on East Java was conquered by Javanese Muslims. The Hindu-Buddhist Sunda Kingdom of Pajajaran was conquered by Muslim conquest in the 16th century, while the Muslim-coastal and Hindu-Buddhist-interior part of East Java was often at war.[1]:8 Organised spread of Islam is also evident by the existence of Wali Sanga (nine holy patriarch) which credited for the Islamisation of Indonesia during this period."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spread_of_Islam_...

Location hidden

#2502 Mar 6, 2014
hazem selawi wrote:
the mekkans didn't just call him mad but a magician and a liar as well, although he was known for his honesty before prophethood, some of them used to put their fingers in their ears to avoid listening to Quran, it was too good and they thought Quran will make them fall in magic.
Perfect people only exist in fairy tales. In the real world even the most honest people lie.

Most Quran reciters make me want to throttle them especially when they over extend the last syllable at the end of every verse.
hazem selawi wrote:
you may get arrested for preaching atheism in some falsely claimed Islamic countries, but under proper sharia law and through years a lot of Muslims came out with strange ideas which contradict directly with the teachings of Quran and Islam, so they were brought in front of people for a debate and scholars will show him the right way and prove where he got wrong and if he failed to prove his point he will be given 3 days to reconsider his thoughts or will be killed, I am not sure if he gets killed because each case has its own circumstances.
Sharia laws demands the death penalty for preaching against Islam (we're not just talking apostasy here), so by Islamic standards the Meccan pagans had the right to put Muhammad to death. So who was the more tolerant?
hazem selawi wrote:
how can you tell if he is a prophet or not when you don't even believe in any prophets ??
what is the criteria or the standards you'll use to tell if Mohammed was a prophet or not ???!
Predicting earthquakes like Jonah would be convincing (except Jonah's earthquake never happened).
So predictions are convincing.

Location hidden

#2503 Mar 6, 2014
Igor Trip wrote:
<quoted text>
But we can study fossils and see how they change over time.
In the case of birds we see small dinosaurs with feathers (probably for insulation and display). We then see dinos that can glide using feathers on all four limbs. Then we see dinos that can fly and then birds.
That's the sort of pattern we would expect for evolution.
no...!! you cannot see changes happening over time, because such changes would take from hundreds of thousands of years to millions of years, so you cannot see, test or observe any changes, or in other words you are not following the scientific method.

as long as you don't have an observable and testable evidence then you only have faith in the Darwinian evolution theory or you are just influenced by the opinion of some experts.

Location hidden

#2504 Mar 6, 2014
Igor Trip wrote:
<quoted text>
The Mongols also came out of nowhere and conquered China and Arabia.
Once someone manages to get a decent army conquest is often possible.
Alright, as long as you say that we cannot trace how things were going in the Arabian peninsula before Islam and that we cannot make a comparison between the Islamic and the non-islamic method, why don't we make a comparison between Muslims and the Persian or the byzantine empire at that time ?
Igor Trip wrote:
<quoted text>
Translators need shooting.
Muhammad ibn Zakariya al-Razi similar, from the works of rhetoricians, el
By God what you say astonishes us! You are talking about a work which recounts ancient myths, and which at the same time is full of contradictions and does not contain any useful information or explanation. Then you say: "Produce something like it"?!”
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muhammad_ibn_Zak...
Hahahah, I think you know nothing About Al Imam Al Razi, this paragraph is completely taken out of its original context, you'll be shocked if you read the whole page and some of Al Razi's works regarding the prophet hood of Mohammed and the miraculous Quran.
among with other numerous specialties, Al Razi was also a philosopher, and in that particular paragraph Al Razi continues to prove that the Quran is actually a miracle and exceeded every written book, he gave 7 reasons why Quran cannot be man made in a A great way.
if you read carefully the paragraph on Wikipedia about religion you'll notice that al Razi wrote many books on religion such as ; "Obligation to Propagate the Teachings of the Prophet Against Those who Denied Prophecies" and "that Man has a Wise and Perfect Creator"
But I wouldn't blame you because apparently you are not familiar of such a great muslim scientist and just believe any taken out of context Pharagraph, unfortunately I couldn't find a translated copy of the full page that paragraph was taken out from.
Igor Trip wrote:
<quoted text>
Produce a play in the style of Shakespeare or a poem in the style of Dylan Thomas.
You're right that I can't judge the quality of the language of the Quran but I've read the opinions of many who can and most weren't that impressed.
The problem with the challenge is who judges?. Muslims are hardly going to be unbiased in this.
the Quran says you can bring up your witnesses, Are you sure you can find people who memorized a whole book from cover to cover in a language they don't even understand ???!!!
Igor Trip wrote:
<quoted text>
Many actors have memorised the complete works of Shakespeare.
The poetic nature of the Quran and the fact that it's shorter than the Bible helps here.
I am sure those people who memorized Shakespeare plays understood english..!!
Igor Trip wrote:
<quoted text>
“It was initially believed that Islam penetrated Indonesian society in a largely peaceful way, and from the 14th century to the end of the 19th century the archipelago saw almost no organised Muslim missionary activity.[6] This claim is then contradicted by Ali Mughayat Syah who started military campaigns to dominate the northern part of Sumatra and submitted the people to Islam and later findings of scholars that some parts of Java, i.e. Sundanese West Java and the kingdom of Majapahit on East Java was conquered by Javanese Muslims. The Hindu-Buddhist Sunda Kingdom of Pajajaran was conquered by Muslim conquest in the 16th century, while the Muslim-coastal and Hindu-Buddhist-interior part of East Java was often at war.[1]:8 Organised spread of Islam is also evident by the existence of Wali Sanga (nine holy patriarch) which credited for the Islamisation of Indonesia during this period."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spread_of_Islam_...
I had no idea, I never read or heard of such a thing in Islamic history.

Location hidden

#2505 Mar 6, 2014
Igor Trip wrote:
<quoted text>
Perfect people only exist in fairy tales. In the real world even the most honest people lie.
Most Quran reciters make me want to throttle them especially when they over extend the last syllable at the end of every verse.
I think you are mixing up between Mohammed (PBUH) and what some of the followers of Jesus (PBUH) made him look like, if you studied different gospels you can easily notice how some stories evolved by adding small details until finally Jesus was made a god or a son of god, you can track such changes starting from the gospel of mark (the oldest gospel) and other later gospels.

my point is that the early followers of Mohammed (PBUH) never removed or tried to hide the limitations of Mohammed such a thing can be easily noted by some of the authentic Hadiths, and you can also find numerous verses that criticize Mohammed, so Mohammed sinned and it doesn't matter how small those sins were but he still sinned, so such a character is obviously not a fairy tale.

reciters cannot read the Quran the way they like it, because there are particular true readings for the Quran (Ahkam al tajweed), so over extending some of the letters is called Al Tafkheem (heavy letters) and in some cases letters are read lightly (tarqeeq), at first I thought that rules of recitation were very complex but it turned out that one get used to them after a couple of lessons and a lot of practicing, believe it or not Tajw&#299;d is a fard (religious duty) when reciting the Quran.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tajwid this will give you a brief over look of tajwid Rules.
Igor Trip wrote:
<quoted text>
Sharia laws demands the death penalty for preaching against Islam (we're not just talking apostasy here), so by Islamic standards the Meccan pagans
the problem is that you don't understand the Arabic community, basically the Arabic community is based on tribes, and such tribes were categorized into different grades, thus one's tribe back then was the most important thing in the Arab life (even till our recent days in some places) and one fought for his tribe whether they were doing the right or the wrong thing, Mohammed Descends from Al Hashem and Al hashem was one of the most important ruling tribes, they were responsible for offering food, hospitality and water to Pilgrims at the age of ignorance were people used to come to Mekkah from all over the Arabian peninsula for performing prayers to different idols not to mention that Al Hashem tribe was also one of the richest tribes in Mekka, after the death of Mohammed's mother and father when he was 6 yeas old, and was raised by his grandfather (Abd al Mutalib bin Hashem) who was the leader of Banu Hashim tribe and one of the most powerful and respected men in Mekkah , abd al mutalib died when Mohammed was 8 years and then Mohammed was raised by his uncle
Abu Talib ibn abd al mutalib who inherited the leadership of Banu hashim and of course inherited the honor of siqaya and rifada (feeding and giving water to Pilgrims).

when Mohammed Announced his prophet hood, some of his relatives Disowned him like Abu lahb and other members of Banu hashim , and although abu talib (the leader of banu hashim) refused to convert to Islam he defended Mohammed and supported him out of tribal reasons.

so if any tribe Killed Mohammed there will be consequences and Banu hashim will take revenge , so they decided to get one man from each tribe and kill mohammed, this way Banu hashim would have to take revenge from a bunch of tribes and thus Mohammed's blood would be lost, they headed to his house and found Ali lying in Mohammed's bed as Mohammed immigrated to Medina the same night.

there are so many details in the ways Quraysh fought mohammed and his followers in Mekkah, they literally tried everything.

Location hidden

#2506 Mar 6, 2014
Igor Trip wrote:
<quoted text>
Predicting earthquakes like Jonah would be convincing (except Jonah's earthquake never happened).
So predictions are convincing.
http://www.idealmuslimah.com/health-and-beaut...

this article indicates a prediction in the Quran to both the lowest land on earth and a victory to the roman empire after being defeated by the Persians.

“The Romans have been defeated in the lowest land, but after their defeat they will soon be victorious. Within three to nine years. The decision of the matter, before and after, is with God.”(Quran 30:2-4)

the first prediction already happened when Romans defeated Persians and can be proved through history, and the second can be easily proven by satellites.

“Sombrero Galaxy”

Since: Jan 10

I'm An Illegal Alien

#2507 Mar 6, 2014
hazem selawi wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't get your point, we were talking about Islamic personal hygiene teachings, So when Mohammed (PBUH) 1400 years ago was teachings his companions in details how to clean themselves other nations were swimming in ignorance and dirt.
<quoted text>
so you are another man who thinks that he understands everything, while in fact I am quite certain you only know what other people told you.
<quoted text>
1-You said that we had to take into account the times that Muhammad loved in. mMy point is that an all wise prophets should have enough knowledge to issue rules revenant to all time periods, instead of ones that need to altered disregard everyone some new discovery contradicts it.

2 I don't think I know everything but I know your religion is garbage

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 3 min One way or another 40,297
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 6 min Into The Night 15,764
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 16 min Aura Mytha 255,924
For Atheists: Why do You Call Theories "Scient... 37 min NightSerf 187
News Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... (Oct '14) 5 hr woodtick57 20,580
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) 6 hr gin ertz 3,745
News The war on Christmas (Dec '10) 9 hr emperorjohn 4,627
More from around the web