Richard Dawkins - God is evil, pedoph...

Richard Dawkins - God is evil, pedophilesa not so bad

There are 3147 comments on the Examiner.com story from Sep 14, 2013, titled Richard Dawkins - God is evil, pedophilesa not so bad. In it, Examiner.com reports that:

"The God of the Qur'an is arguably the most unpleasant character in all fiction: jealous and proud of it; a petty, unjust, unforgiving control-freak; a vindictive, bloodthirsty ethnic cleanser; a misogynistic, homophobic, racist, infanticidal, genocidal, filicidal, pestilential, megalomaniacal, sadomasochistic, capriciously malevolent bully.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Examiner.com.

Mahmood

Brampton, Canada

#2406 Feb 25, 2014
hazem selawi wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know where do you guys get your information from ??!!
why don't we let the non-muslims talk about Mohammed ??!!
According to Michael H. Hart who wrote (the 100: Ranking of the Most Influential Persons in History) Mohammed is the most influential, The first person ever.
Mohammed (PBUH) cannot be compared to anybody, he is the best person ever walked on Earth whether you like it or not.
Most of my information is from Muslim sources:

1) The Koran
2) Tafsir by Ibn Kathir, Ibn Abbas, & Jalalalyn
3) Sira by Ibn Ishaq
4) Other scholars (Muslims and non) who have written books about Islam.
5) Hadith (even though I dont trust it entirely, they may contain elements of truth).

If one is to look at Islam only from a Muslim lense, you will miss the flip side of it.

“When you treat people as they ”

Since: Nov 10

treat you they get offended.

#2407 Feb 26, 2014
Mahmood wrote:
<quoted text>
What Hazem is trying to do is give you some anecdotes on Islamic history. The problem with that history is that it was written 150-200 years after the alleged incidents took place & like the hadiths, it cannot be trusted.
Historical anecdotes in the modern world do not always ring true, valid or even relevant. One of many points that Hazam fails to recognise.

I agree with you, it’s the same with the bible NT. Stories written several hundred years after events cannot be counted on for accuracy or even having occurred at all.

#2408 Feb 26, 2014
hazem selawi wrote:
<quoted text>
What can I say ..!! there is a very old Arabic saying which can generally be translated to " I am like someone who is blowing in a bag but that bag has a big hole in it".
So no matter how hard I try to explain to you that in Islam you cannot lie for your faith by changing Authentic rules and giving false information, you would still say you can lie for your faith.
Whats your story ???? it seems like you've been through a lot, Christians extremists threatened you and your family , and you also were a victim of a bomb Attack.
is that why you hate religions that bad ??
And there is a saying here in the real world,“you can take a horse to water but you can’t force him to drink”

I am not speaking about rules, authentic or make believe, I am speaking about the FACT that if you can lie for your faith then you can lie for anything.

I do not hate religions, I dislike some,(that’s SOME) religious people. What I hate is lies, deceit and deliberate ignorance.

That most deceitful liars tend to be deliberately ignorant religious fundamentalist is where you are getting confused.

#2409 Feb 26, 2014
hazem selawi wrote:
<quoted text>
I think you are confusing me with someone else, because I certainly still say that Islam is perfect, you are the one who linked Muslims to Islam and you are the one who kept saying Muslims did this and that, from day one I am telling you to find out what Islam teaches not what Muslims do.
<quoted text>
ooh so you were being sarcastic when you said there are no more Islamic countries, I am a kind of person who doesn't really tell if someone is being sarcastic or not.
I thought you could finally see the huge gap between what Islam teaches and what falsely claimed Islamic countries are doing.
<quoted text>
Yes of course I have a problem with both brothels and prostitutes, I actually Can never understand the unjust world we are living in today, trust me humanity is vanishing, and our morals are going down to the very minimum levels.
its not like that I have a problem with prostitutes, But I feel sorry for them because they don't have any other choice but to sell their bodies in order to survive in such an evil world.
…
So now you are saying that Muslims are not Islamic? Honey your goalposts are getting wider and wider.

I have pointed out some of the Islamic teachings that indoctrinate ‘some’ Muslims to be misogynists and/or terrorists and each time you have attempted to use your time machine to modify these teaching with later teaching. This of course makes not the slightest different to the fact that those sexist and murdering Muslims do not seem to possess time machines and they believe they do what they do because their god book taught them to do what they do..

Well the fact that I said I was being sarcastic should have been a clue and the fact that I provided several links to justify my contention also helped.

Why? If a woman want to sell the use of her body then it is up to that woman and the men who want to pay for the use of that body. It is restrictions imposed by certain governments and faiths that has driven prostitution underground and allowed the criminal to take control. I think you will find that in countries where prostitution is not illegal no such criminal strangle hold exists.

Honey I have spoken to those friends of mine, often. They are free to do what the hell they want to do even if you and your god disaprove.

You should be aware that my eldest daughter is named in honour of a woman who sold her body, not a prostitute but an “exotic” dancer but would sometime take money for sex. She died of leukaemia and brain tumour (wonderful diseases (more sarcasm) invented by your god? retribution of your god?). She was the most wonderful, warm hearted, caring, honest, forgiving, candid, sincere and genuine person I have ever met in my entire life.

Under sharia law I could not care less, I pay my taxes as required by British law and I donate to good causes and charities of my own free will. When I move to France I will pay taxes under the French law and I will still donate of my own free will.

Been here before I see the Muslim mistreatment of women as defined in the quran most days of my life. I have shown you various chapters and several verses that do teach that women are inferior.

This is the last time I am going to provide verse numbers from your god book, I consider the case proven, you are welcome to bluster and live in denial all you want.
Qur'an 2:223, 2:228, 2:282,4:11,24:31

Even in the face of those verses you have denied it. Is this one of the authentic things you are allowed to lie about? Please don’t get me wrong here, many men of various faiths (or not) are proud of their egotestical (correct spelling) mistreatment of women, the difference is many know it is wrong and so hide it behind closed doors, unlike Muslims who are open in there mistreatment of women.

Since: Oct 13

Location hidden

#2410 Feb 26, 2014
Mahmood wrote:
<quoted text>
3 of the 4 caliphs were butchered. Only old Abu Bakr died of natural causes. And I can tell you what happened in Saqifa, it was horse trading that eventually led to mayhem. Fist were flying and one or two were killed. Why this happened was because allah failed to advise Mohammad to appoint a leader after he was gone. Shias claim that he appointed Ali which again is controversial. None of the four rightly guided caliphs were elected in fair in free elections and were appointed under dubious circumstances. The muslim community fragmented as soon your prophet took his last breath.
yes of course Mohammed (PBUH) didn't directly appoint to a specific caliph to be the ruler after him, maybe because he wanted muslims to choose one of them , he only appointed to several good people, so there were Ali, Umar, Abu bakr and Sa'ad from Al Medina.

and they all agreed that Abu bakr was the best man for the job, and as you said not only the Muslim community fragmented when Mohammed (PBUH) died but a lot of tribes left Islam and some of them made new rules, like they wouldn't pay Zakkah or perform prayers, the whole Message of Islam was in danger, even some previous Muslim tribes tried to Attack Al Madina to take over Islam and guess what ...!!! within 2 years Abu bakr Al Sideeq got everything back to its normal track.

you are absolutely right 3 of the most rightly guided caliphs got killed, but for me that proves nothing but their authenticity.

“Evil Atheist :-)”

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#2411 Feb 26, 2014
hazem selawi wrote:
<quoted text>
that is a very good question, but in order to understand the psychology of Muslims you should at first know that the followers of Mohammed wouldn't mind to do whatever Mohammed said even if he asked them to jump off a cliff , but he still consulted them, so I think you should put what was happening during Mohammed's life aside because we as Muslims take his sayings, actions, approvals and sometimes his silence as the proper method of our lives.
So should there be Democracy in Islam ?? yes because of the numerous teachings, sayings and actions of Mohammed.
But what exactly do you mean by a structured system ??
I don't think it was possible to consult every man and woman, but who wants to say anything can just stand up and say whatever he wants.
Followers being prepared to die for their prophet is common among cults and is only proof of peoples stupidity.

In a democracy people elect representatives who share the views of the majority (in theory at least) and they take part in decision making in councils or parliaments.
That way the views of the people can be heard without everyone having to speak to the rulers.

No people can't say whatever they want in undemocratic countries as criticism of the rulers often results in imprisonment.
Thinking

Yeovil, UK

#2412 Feb 26, 2014
Whilst you dress up in your mum's peep hole burkha?
hazem selawi wrote:
<quoted text>
maybe I am but you are the one who is wearing teenagers' clothes...
Thinking

Yeovil, UK

#2413 Feb 26, 2014
I wasn't.
hazem selawi wrote:
<quoted text>
I was Just kidding man...

Location hidden

#2414 Feb 26, 2014
Igor Trip wrote:
<quoted text>
Followers being prepared to die for their prophet is common among cults and is only proof of peoples stupidity.
In a democracy people elect representatives who share the views of the majority (in theory at least) and they take part in decision making in councils or parliaments.
That way the views of the people can be heard without everyone having to speak to the rulers.
No people can't say whatever they want in undemocratic countries as criticism of the rulers often results in imprisonment.
followers weren't being prepared to die for their prophet, because apparently that prophet used to fight with them, so they were willing to die for their faith and to spread the message.

such a behavior wouldn't make sense to you, maybe because you don't believe in the creator unlike those muslims who believe in God and his prophet, so it was like they would do the impossible to obey God and his prophet.

you do have a point no one can just give his opinion if there was a direct revelation regarding a specific issue, but there would still be a room for consulting and discussing other issues, as Mohammed made that clear to everybody and you can easily find numerous examples in Quran and Sunnah.

not to mention that the closest companions themselves had different opinions regarding several rules and such differences were clear through the caliphate period of each one of them.

I think there is a wisdom behind some differences in opinions of the early muslims, because in Islam rules at first can be extracted from Quran and Sunnah, and if a new issue came up in our time and wasn't mentioned in Quran or Sunnah, scholars find out what was the closest companions and early Muslims opinions in such an issue, thus that gives flexibility to the religion and make it easier for Muslims to apply Islam and Sharia laws in any place and at any time.

so in short words there are red lines in Islam that no one can cross them even the closest companions of Mohammed and in fact Mohammed himself, other than that there is always a room for differences in opinions.

for instance some sects of Shias crossed one or two of the red lines so that might take their scholars or scientists out of Islam, Some sects of suffis exaggerated their love to Mohammed that even some of them ask Mohammed for forgiveness instead of god ...!!

Location hidden

#2415 Feb 26, 2014
Thinking wrote:
I wasn't.
<quoted text>
The Best Brevity Makes Sense

Location hidden

#2416 Feb 26, 2014
Mahmood wrote:
<quoted text>
Without a doubt, Mohammad was one of the greatest men ever, but this is not the topic of our discussion. I do not question his greatness.
then what is your problem with Islam ??
I noticed you said several times that some Muslims came up with what you refer to " man made Islam " , what exactly do you mean by that ??

Location hidden

#2417 Feb 26, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
And there is a saying here in the real world,“you can take a horse to water but you can’t force him to drink”
I am not speaking about rules, authentic or make believe, I am speaking about the FACT that if you can lie for your faith then you can lie for anything.
I do not hate religions, I dislike some,(that’s SOME) religious people. What I hate is lies, deceit and deliberate ignorance.
That most deceitful liars tend to be deliberately ignorant religious fundamentalist is where you are getting confused.
can you show me where I lied ?? and why exactly would I lie about what Islam teaches ??

its obvious that you went through a lot because of religious people, so that's why you came up with such stereotypes, and I don't blame you, but you are not listening I have been telling from the first day forget about the people and find out what Islam actually teaches.

Location hidden

#2418 Feb 26, 2014
hazem selawi wrote:
<quoted text>
followers weren't being prepared to die for their prophet, because apparently that prophet used to fight with them, so they were willing to die for their faith and to spread the message.
Maybe they died for the promise of a vast reward?

Qur'an (9:111)- "Allah hath purchased of the believers their persons and their goods; for theirs (in return) is the garden (of Paradise): they fight in His cause, and slay and are slain: a promise binding on Him in truth, through the Law, the Gospel, and the Qur'an: and who is more faithful to his covenant than Allah? then rejoice in the bargain which ye have concluded: that is the achievement supreme."
hazem selawi wrote:
such a behavior wouldn't make sense to you, maybe because you don't believe in the creator unlike those muslims who believe in God and his prophet, so it was like they would do the impossible to obey God and his prophet.
But if they've got the wrong God then they've died for the wrong cause.
hazem selawi wrote:
you do have a point no one can just give his opinion if there was a direct revelation regarding a specific issue, but there would still be a room for consulting and discussing other issues, as Mohammed made that clear to everybody and you can easily find numerous examples in Quran and Sunnah.
All rulers have a select group of advisers and friends. They very quickly become the rich and powerful elite and loose touch with the common people.
One of the advantages of democracy is that even the most powerful politicians can be removed if they ignore the people.
hazem selawi wrote:
not to mention that the closest companions themselves had different opinions regarding several rules and such differences were clear through the caliphate period of each one of them.
I think there is a wisdom behind some differences in opinions of the early muslims, because in Islam rules at first can be extracted from Quran and Sunnah, and if a new issue came up in our time and wasn't mentioned in Quran or Sunnah, scholars find out what was the closest companions and early Muslims opinions in such an issue, thus that gives flexibility to the religion and make it easier for Muslims to apply Islam and Sharia laws in any place and at any time.
so in short words there are red lines in Islam that no one can cross them even the closest companions of Mohammed and in fact Mohammed himself, other than that there is always a room for differences in opinions.
for instance some sects of Shias crossed one or two of the red lines so that might take their scholars or scientists out of Islam, Some sects of suffis exaggerated their love to Mohammed that even some of them ask Mohammed for forgiveness instead of god ...!!
Differences are good. It's the only way the presumed truths can be tested.

Location hidden

#2419 Feb 26, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
So now you are saying that Muslims are not Islamic? Honey your goalposts are getting wider and wider.
for your information Muslims are not angels, do we have rapists ?? do we have terrorists ? do we have child molesters, thieves and murderers ???

yes of course we have all kind of people but what I don't get is that you always link what Muslims do to Islam, although such people are doing exactly what Islam told them not to do and even warned those people from Hell and punishments in sharia law.
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
I have pointed out some of the Islamic teachings that indoctrinate ‘some’ Muslims to be misogynists and/or terrorists and each time you have attempted to use your time machine to modify these teaching with later teaching. This of course makes not the slightest different to the fact that those sexist and murdering Muslims do not seem to possess time machines and they believe they do what they do because their god book taught them to do what they do..
you didnt do anything you only took verses out of its original context, you didnt even take in consideration Mohammed's teachings.
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Why? If a woman want to sell the use of her body then it is up to that woman and the men who want to pay for the use of that body. It is restrictions imposed by certain governments and faiths that has driven prostitution underground and allowed the criminal to take control. I think you will find that in countries where prostitution is not illegal no such criminal strangle hold exists.
is prostitution legal in London ??
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
You should be aware that my eldest daughter is named in honour of a woman who sold her body, not a prostitute but an “exotic” dancer but would sometime take money for sex. She died of leukaemia and brain tumour (wonderful diseases (more sarcasm) invented by your god? retribution of your god?). She was the most wonderful, warm hearted, caring, honest, forgiving, candid, sincere and genuine person I have ever met in my entire life.
Under sharia law I could not care less, I pay my taxes as required by British law and I donate to good causes and charities of my own free will. When I move to France I will pay taxes under the French law and I will still donate of my own free will.
Been here before I see the Muslim mistreatment of women as defined in the quran most days of my life. I have shown you various chapters and several verses that do teach that women are inferior.
This is the last time I am going to provide verse numbers from your god book, I consider the case proven, you are welcome to bluster and live in denial all you want.
Qur'an 2:223, 2:228, 2:282,4:11,24:31
Even in the face of those verses you have denied it. Is this one of the authentic things you are allowed to lie about? Please don’t get me wrong here, many men of various faiths (or not) are proud of their egotestical (correct spelling) mistreatment of women, the difference is many know it is wrong and so hide it behind closed doors, unlike Muslims who are open in there mistreatment of women.
remind me to reply to this part of your post, Because I gotta go.

#2420 Feb 26, 2014
hazem selawi wrote:
<quoted text>
can you show me where I lied ?? and why exactly would I lie about what Islam teaches ??
its obvious that you went through a lot because of religious people, so that's why you came up with such stereotypes, and I don't blame you, but you are not listening I have been telling from the first day forget about the people and find out what Islam actually teaches.
Whenever you claim that Islam sees woman as equal to men, despite all the evidence to contradict your claim, is one such lie

What a load of bollocks. Honey I do not blame religion for the acts of religious fooktards, I blame the fooktards. Why do you imagine I should blame mythology for the malicious and hateful actions of sick people? The fact that so many of those sick people hide behind religion only means that it’s easy to harm someone and then say “Oh it’s ok, god will forgive me with plastic 72 virgins”

That fact that you have been telling me to forget people is a little stupid don’t you think. Rather like telling someone not to breath. I am not a robot that can turn off humanity in favour of what is nothing more than a modified bronze age belief.

You want to continue discussing, arguing whatever then fine but do not think for a moment that you will corral me with lies of non-existent misogyny and impossible utopias by forgetting about who I am

#2421 Feb 26, 2014
hazem selawi wrote:
<quoted text>
for your information Muslims are not angels, do we have rapists ?? do we have terrorists ? do we have child molesters, thieves and murderers ???
yes of course we have all kind of people but what I don't get is that you always link what Muslims do to Islam, although such people are doing exactly what Islam told them not to do and even warned those people from Hell and punishments in sharia law.
<quoted text>
you didnt do anything you only took verses out of its original context, you didnt even take in consideration Mohammed's teachings.
<quoted text>
is prostitution legal in London ??
<quoted text>
remind me to reply to this part of your post, Because I gotta go.
Yes I know but up until now you have denied that these people are Muslim.

Wrong I took the verses as written, you supplied the time machine

It is not illegal, soliciting is illegal.

Don’t forget top reply to this part of my post
Mahmood

Peterborough, Canada

#2422 Feb 26, 2014
hazem selawi wrote:
<quoted text>
yes of course Mohammed (PBUH) didn't directly appoint to a specific caliph to be the ruler after him, maybe because he wanted muslims to choose one of them , he only appointed to several good people, so there were Ali, Umar, Abu bakr and Sa'ad from Al Medina.
and they all agreed that Abu bakr was the best man for the job, and as you said not only the Muslim community fragmented when Mohammed (PBUH) died but a lot of tribes left Islam and some of them made new rules, like they wouldn't pay Zakkah or perform prayers, the whole Message of Islam was in danger, even some previous Muslim tribes tried to Attack Al Madina to take over Islam and guess what ...!!! within 2 years Abu bakr Al Sideeq got everything back to its normal track.
you are absolutely right 3 of the most rightly guided caliphs got killed, but for me that proves nothing but their authenticity.
When you say maybe he because he wanted Muslims to choose means you are engaging in conjecture. Had he appointed a leader, the muslim community would have been one.
Mahmood

Peterborough, Canada

#2423 Feb 26, 2014
hazem selawi wrote:
<quoted text>
then what is your problem with Islam ??
I noticed you said several times that some Muslims came up with what you refer to " man made Islam " , what exactly do you mean by that ??
My problem with Islam has nothing to do with Mohammad's greatness. There are many a great men who have come and gone. Just because he was a great man does make Islam true.

Location hidden

#2424 Feb 26, 2014
Igor Trip wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe they died for the promise of a vast reward?
Qur'an (9:111)- "Allah hath purchased of the believers their persons and their goods; for theirs (in return) is the garden (of Paradise): they fight in His cause, and slay and are slain: a ."
yes Of course they fought for the rewards Allah promised them in the Quran, or to be more clear they fought to please Allah, even Mohammed himself once said that he wishes to go to a battle and die for the sake of allah and come back to life to go back again and die for the sake of Allah, and come back again to die for the sake of Allah.

its every muslim wish to die for the sake of Allah, However Jihad is categorized into three different kinds, there is what called Jihad by self ( jihad al Nafs), Jihad by tongue (by motivating people, soldiers and spreading the truth of Islam through words), and Finally Jihad by money ( by preparing armies and soldiers with weapons and etc).

Jihad is a very important thing in Islam, once a Bedouin who was an infidel came to prophet Mohammed and asked him if he became a Muslim and died in a battle would he get what other Muslims will get after dying for the sake of Allah, prophet told him yes.

so that Bedouin Joined Muslims right away and died in the battle at the same day, so that Bedouin is already in heaven although he never prayed, never paid Zakkah and nearly know a nothing about Islam.

you also have to bare in mind that the intention of the muslim is very important because back then some people fought for reputation and just wanted people to say oooh what a brave warrior, So only god knows one's intention and if it wasn't pure for god his death will go for nothing and even may go to hell.

Once Ali Bin Abi Taleb (Mohammed's cousin) was fighting in a battle and during that Battle he was about to kill an enemy and just before he killed him that man spit on him, so he decided not to kill that man although it was very likely that man would kill him, so some asked him why did you do that ??! he said I felt like if I killed that man it would be out of anger and revenge because he spit on me so it wouldn't be for god's sake, the point is that Muslims should only fight for the sake of Allah and to spread justice.
Igor Trip wrote:
<quoted text>
But if they've got the wrong God then they've died for the wrong cause.
But if they were right, then you will be an big trouble :P
Igor Trip wrote:
<quoted text>
All rulers have a select group of advisers and friends. They very quickly become the rich and powerful elite and loose touch with the common people.
One of the advantages of democracy is that even the most powerful politicians can be e.
yes you are right but in Islam it is different because before the moubaya (choosing) Abu bakr as the first caliph of Muslims, the majority of Muslims said to Abu Bakr what can be generally translated to "if you lost the track of the straight path we will let you come back to the straight path by our swords" , and during the caliphate of Umar bin Al khattab the second rightly guided companion a slave stood up in the mosque after the distribution of some Spoils, and started screaming at the caliph, that slave thought that Umar took a bigger share than others of some sort of fabrics, because Umar was known to be a big man , very tall and huge so he needed to take 2 pieces in order to cover his body, but others only got 1 piece, but after that it turned out that someone gave his piece to the caliph ( I don't remember his name).

anyways under sharia law if the Ruler or the leader of Muslims ignored Islam rules, the people have the right to take him down, that Muslim was angry because he thought Umar took an extra piece of fabric, how about if Umar lived in a palace ??or ignored people like you suggested ??!

there is a golden Hadith in Islam which says " There is no obedience to the creation in disobedience to the Creator"

Location hidden

#2425 Feb 26, 2014
hazem selawi wrote:
<quoted text>
yes Of course they fought for the rewards Allah promised them in the Quran, or to be more clear they fought to please Allah, even Mohammed himself once said that he wishes to go to a battle and die for the sake of allah and come back to life to go back again and die for the sake of Allah, and come back again to die for the sake of Allah.
its every muslim wish to die for the sake of Allah, However Jihad is categorized into three different kinds, there is what called Jihad by self ( jihad al Nafs), Jihad by tongue (by motivating people, soldiers and spreading the truth of Islam through words), and Finally Jihad by money ( by preparing armies and soldiers with weapons and etc).
Jihad is a very important thing in Islam, once a Bedouin who was an infidel came to prophet Mohammed and asked him if he became a Muslim and died in a battle would he get what other Muslims will get after dying for the sake of Allah, prophet told him yes.
so that Bedouin Joined Muslims right away and died in the battle at the same day, so that Bedouin is already in heaven although he never prayed, never paid Zakkah and nearly know a nothing about Islam.
So the bedouin fought for the promised rewards of paradise?
Would he have fought if there was no reward?

It seems to me that the best way to get people to die for you is to tell them they will get virgins in paradise. This has nothing to do with pleasing God but everything to do with personal gain.
hazem selawi wrote:
you also have to bare in mind that the intention of the muslim is very important because back then some people fought for reputation and just wanted people to say oooh what a brave warrior, So only god knows one's intention and if it wasn't pure for god his death will go for nothing and even may go to hell.
Once Ali Bin Abi Taleb (Mohammed's cousin) was fighting in a battle and during that Battle he was about to kill an enemy and just before he killed him that man spit on him, so he decided not to kill that man although it was very likely that man would kill him, so some asked him why did you do that ??! he said I felt like if I killed that man it would be out of anger and revenge because he spit on me so it wouldn't be for god's sake, the point is that Muslims should only fight for the sake of Allah and to spread justice.
Killing for a God whose only evidence is the word of just one man is not rational.
hazem selawi wrote:
But if they were right, then you will be an big trouble :P
I've read the Quran. I'm not in trouble.
hazem selawi wrote:
yes you are right but in Islam it is different because before the moubaya (choosing) Abu bakr as the first caliph of Muslims, the majority of Muslims said to Abu Bakr what can be generally translated to "if you lost the track of the straight path we will let you come back to the straight path by our swords" , and during the caliphate of Umar bin Al khattab the second rightly guided companion a slave stood up in the mosque after the distribution of some Spoils, and started screaming at the caliph, that slave thought that Umar took a bigger share than others of some sort of fabrics, because Umar was known to be a big man , very tall and huge so he needed to take 2 pieces in order to cover his body, but others only got 1 piece, but after that it turned out that someone gave his piece to the caliph ( I don't remember his name).
anyways under sharia law if the Ruler or the leader of Muslims ignored Islam rules, the people have the right to take him down, that Muslim was angry because he thought Umar took an extra piece of fabric, how about if Umar lived in a palace ??or ignored people like you suggested ??!
there is a golden Hadith in Islam which says " There is no obedience to the creation in disobedience to the Creator"
It didn't take long for the Caliphs to start living in vast palaces. Though I will admit there were a lot of rebellions against them.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What is of greater value for humanity: Chrisita... 33 min par five 428
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 2 hr Aura Mytha 45,485
Christianity isn't based on... (Feb '10) 4 hr Richardfs 292
Evidence for God! (Oct '14) 6 hr Thinking 541
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 7 hr New Age Spiritual... 257,123
There are no such things as gods or fairies 10 hr u196533dm 188
News Atheist Rev. Gretta Vosper should be terminated... 13 hr Amused 6
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 13 hr karl44 20,239
More from around the web