Richard Dawkins - God is evil, pedoph...

Richard Dawkins - God is evil, pedophilesa not so bad

There are 3147 comments on the Examiner.com story from Sep 14, 2013, titled Richard Dawkins - God is evil, pedophilesa not so bad. In it, Examiner.com reports that:

"The God of the Qur'an is arguably the most unpleasant character in all fiction: jealous and proud of it; a petty, unjust, unforgiving control-freak; a vindictive, bloodthirsty ethnic cleanser; a misogynistic, homophobic, racist, infanticidal, genocidal, filicidal, pestilential, megalomaniacal, sadomasochistic, capriciously malevolent bully.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Examiner.com.

“When you treat people as they ”

Since: Nov 10

treat you they get offended.

#2326 Feb 21, 2014
Thinking wrote:
If you took the worst of both cults, you'd have bombers going door to door.
<quoted text>
A frightening thought. Puts a whole new light of your response to "can I interest you in a watchtower"

Since: Apr 12

San Francisco, CA

#2327 Feb 21, 2014
hazem selawi wrote:
Actually me, "christinm" and "thinking" were discussing some familiar behaviors in Islamic countries , let me tell you something; bring me one evidence from Quran or Sunnah or any actions from the closest companion or early caliphs or even any Fatwa from a reliable source that states that Honor killing is allowed in Islam and I'll leave Islam right away.
Don't bother yourself because you won't find any, so you say Honor killing is allowed in Jordan or at least who ever commits what is called "honor crime" will get a very light sentence in prison maybe 5 or 7 years at most, Allow me to add that if you raped a woman in Jordan and offered to marry the victim and she refused you'll get out of jail and if she said she probably will live the rest of her life with the one who raped her...!!!
my friend Islam is a complete system it offers a complete Judicial, economical, Social, cultural and political systems, and Jordan applies non of that or to be more accurate we may only apply the Islamic inheritance jurisprudence , and that's it ...!!
so such a country is very far away from Islam, it a shame that such a country claim to be Islamic.
How about honor killing of a boy in Quran for his "future" sin that would "dishonor" his parents? Here my posts from the past:

http://www.topix.com/forum/religion/islam/T3U...

http://www.topix.com/forum/religion/islam/TKG...

Islam nurtured and sustained such practice which should have been done away already.

#2328 Feb 21, 2014
hazem selawi wrote:
<quoted text>
Today is supposed to be my birthday, So I would really appreciate it if you stop twisting my words.I did tell you that Jordan only applies Islamic inheritance rules and this kind of things come under the personal Sharia courts, I said that over and over and over and I did tell you that Jordan claim to be an Islamic country,you say that the constitution is based on Islam; then how come the government don't apply Zakkah which is one of the five pillars of Islam ??? how about the Islamic political system ??? economical and social ...etc
lets say Jordan applies at best cases 10% of Islam, and Islam state that all of its rules should be applied because its all connected , then where would that leave us ???
what happens if one pillars of Islam is lost ???
Saudi Arabia Government for instance claims that they apply Sharia law ..!! how come they have tens of American military bases on their lands ???!!! how come the Saudi regime is stealing literally everything and no one gets his hand cut ???!!!
<quoted text>
You got it all wrong and you always suppose that the woman can only get females witnesses under sharia law ..!!! you say if the man gets 2 male witnesses then the woman would need five ..!!! that's non sense because obviously the woman can also get 2 males witnesses, you make it look like its a war between men and women where men can only get male witnesses and the women can only get female witnesses ....!!!
even the male can get females witnesses just like how females can get both males and females witnesses.
<quoted text>
I never lied and Quran speaks for itself just read verses in context, and I will post you detailed explanations for these verses and hadiths soon although I already did like a thousand time.
<quoted text>
Why do you use terms you don't even have a clue what they are about ..?!!!
Taqiyya certainly doesn't mean to lie for your faith, Taqiyya may be used in a very rare cases like if one would be killed for his faith, lets say for instance someone put a gun to my head and said if you don't leave Islam i will kill you, in this case you are allowed in Islam to lie to survive, So why do you think I would use Taqiyya with you ?!!!
I'm on my phone so will not respond to this now but may I wish you a very happy birthday. Don't do anything I wouldn't do.

San Francisco, CA

#2329 Feb 21, 2014
hazem selawi wrote:
Today is supposed to be my birthday...
Happy birthday... Hazem!

I once said Happy Birthday to a kid of my muslim co-worker.... but he simply told me they don't celebrate birthdays.... I'm sure you can find fatwas that are pro and against celebrating birthdays... but Islam doesn't care much about individual-days.
Thinking

Yeovil, UK

#2330 Feb 21, 2014
You're wrong again.

It's a proven fact that regularly marrying first cousins leads to more deformities.

The cultures that do this only very rarely usually do not have a negative outcome, which is probably why it has not been made illegal here. Possibly gene therapy will remove the issue in the future. People that believe in Evolution will fix yet another muslim issue!
hazem selawi wrote:
<quoted text>
these are only theories, some doctors say its okay to marry first cousins and some say its not, do you know that there are so many countries all over the world allow such marriages ???
even in so many states in America.
Thinking

Yeovil, UK

#2331 Feb 21, 2014
Or individuals.
Rusty Tin Can wrote:
<quoted text>
Happy birthday... Hazem!
I once said Happy Birthday to a kid of my muslim co-worker.... but he simply told me they don't celebrate birthdays.... I'm sure you can find fatwas that are pro and against celebrating birthdays... but Islam doesn't care much about individual-days.

San Francisco, CA

#2332 Feb 21, 2014
Thinking wrote:
Or individuals.
except for the prophet of course... questioning that individual can be considered blasphemy for some reason... even Allah doesn't get the same protection.

Since: Oct 13

Location hidden

#2333 Feb 21, 2014
Rusty Tin Can wrote:
<quoted text>
How about honor killing of a boy in Quran for his "future" sin that would "dishonor" his parents? Here my posts from the past:
http://www.topix.com/forum/religion/islam/T3U...
http://www.topix.com/forum/religion/islam/TKG...
Islam nurtured and sustained such practice which should have been done away already.
I read your post regarding this issue before, how could such a thing cross your mind ??!!
I am pretty sure you don't have a clue what is honor killing , and absolutely it has nothing to do with the story of Al Khader.

I assume you wouldn't know anything about honor killings apparently because this kind of crimes only happen in Arabic countries, its called honor killings or murders because its about honor or what is called (Al Sharaf in Arabic), the victim of honor killing is usually a female, it is very rare to kill a male for honor, and nobody would kill a kid because of honor.

its a tribal and probably a cultural thing usually happens within big families and tribes under the concept that females if had inner course outside marriage or even any kind of fornication she will bring shame to family and ruin her family's reputation so the husband or the brother or the father depending on the case kills the female who committed fornication in order to bring honor back to the family and clear the name.

in Jordan among with other Arabic countries its a controversial issue because the murderer usually get a light sentence like 5 or 7 years if he proved that he killed the female (mother, Sister, Wife ..etc) for honor, so many people and organizations tried to stop such an awful behavior but it still happens.

now back to you I don't think that any kid through history was killed for honor, kids may have been killed in Arabic and Islamic countries but certainly not for honor, even females rarely kill males (husband,brother, father..etc) for honor , However what does Islam say about such crimes ?!!! I think we can all agree that under sharia law if anyone committed fornication whether it was a male or a female and was proved to do so by 4 witnesses and/or a complete confession will get a 100 light lashes in public ( in the case of being single) and would be stoned to death if was married.

you cannot say under sharia law I killed my daughter or wife for honor and if you did so you will definitely get a death sentence.

there is no such a thing like honor for the family because everyone is responsible for his actions in front of Allah, and you totally misunderstood Al khader Story.

Location hidden

#2334 Feb 21, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm on my phone so will not respond to this now but may I wish you a very happy birthday. Don't do anything I wouldn't do.
Thank you I really appreciate it .

Location hidden

#2335 Feb 21, 2014
Rusty Tin Can wrote:
<quoted text>
Happy birthday... Hazem!
Thank you man I really appreciate it , and you are absolutely right In Islam there isn't any holy days except for Eid al Adha and Eid al Fetr and Muslims celebrate these holidays by giving money to the poor and orphans.

another interesting thing is that we don't even celebrate Mohammed's (PBUH) birthday, Muslims haven't celebrated Mohammed's birthday for the past 1400 years, although some people started to do so but &#1616;all of scholars say we shouldn't and is prohibited to do so , maybe its a message for All people Muslims and non Muslims that Mohammed isn't a god and certainly a human being and a prophet and a messenger, and to make sure that the Islamic method (Quran and Sunnah) is the only method we should follow no matter what the whole world is doing.

However, the Muslim should be flexible and should choose his words delicately , for instance hundreds of people wrote me birthday wishes on Facebook so I cannot just tell them to get lost so I just thank them and move on, But a celebration is certainly prohibited.

Location hidden

#2336 Feb 21, 2014
Thinking wrote:
You're wrong again.
It's a proven fact that regularly marrying first cousins leads to more deformities.
The cultures that do this only very rarely usually do not have a negative outcome, which is probably why it has not been made illegal here. Possibly gene therapy will remove the issue in the future. People that believe in Evolution will fix yet another muslim issue!
<quoted text>
then you said it by yourself "regularly marrying first cousins leads to more deformities", regularly makes a big difference, so is it allowed to marry fist cousins in Islam ?? absolutely yes and Muslims have been doing it for the past 1400 years but marriage in Islam is not based on marrying first cousins, and I don't see any statistics prove that Muslims have genetic problems way more than western countries, However we previously discussed that Mohammed (PBUH) made it clear that Muslims males should look for the best wife and the best wife is that who is more religious, it doesn't matter if that girl was your first cousin or a girl in Alaska.

But as you said some people prefer to marry their daughters and sons to first cousins over and over and over so those who do it regularly do it to keep the family name and the wealth within the family, those people don't do it for Islamic reasons because if they do it for Islamic reasons then they certainly would keep looking for religious girls.

San Francisco, CA

#2337 Feb 21, 2014
hazem selawi wrote:
I read your post regarding this issue before, how could such a thing cross your mind ??!!
I am pretty sure you don't have a clue what is honor killing , and absolutely it has nothing to do with the story of Al Khader.
oh, how could such thing not cross my mind? what would it take for me to "have a clue" about what honor killing is? Al-Khidr killed an innocent boy because he would dishonor his parents in the future, was it not?
ashkarslave4ALLA H

Yemen

#2338 Feb 21, 2014
"As for the boy, his parents were believers and we feared that he would darken their days with excessive insolence and unbelief." (Surat al-Kahf, 80)
The verse reveals that the boy’s parents were believers. In other words, in those days true religion existed. When Khidr (as) took the child’s life, it was Allah’s will, for He had written the child’s time and place of death in his destiny. Allah reminds people of this reality, as follows: "He created you from clay and then decreed a fixed term, and another fixed term is specified with Him…" (Surat al-An`am, 2). As the Qur’an also says, angels take the life of every human being:
If only you could see when the angels take back those who were unbelievers at their death, beating their faces and their backs [saying]: "Taste the punishment of the Burning!" (Surat al-Anfal, 50)
However, the angles are just a means, for in reality only Allah takes lives.
Allah willed for Khidr (as) to take this child’s life, but He could have done it through somebody else. The boy could have been killed in an accident, by a heart attack, or by falling and sustaining a deadly head injury. As Allah makes clear: "… When their specified time arrives, they cannot delay it for a single hour, nor can they bring it forward" (Surat an-Nahl, 61). In this case, Allah determined that the angels would be the invisible agents and that Khidr (as) would be the visible agent of this death, whereby Khidr (as) appeared to be taking the child’s life. In reality, Khidr (as) acts by the revelation he receives from Allah, and certainly does not act against His orders. Also, he cannot act by his own will unless Allah wills so. Allah chose him to be the means for this task.
Khidr (as) kills a child, about whom he has certain knowledge that his destiny is to become an unbeliever. He means to prevent the child from acting cruel towards his family and environment and drowning in a sea of sin, and thus takes preventive action.
We wanted their Lord to give them, in exchange, a purer son than him, one more compassionate.(Surat al-Kahf, 81)
hz hizir1Many people find it hard to see the reason and goodness behind a family member’s death, and death in general. However, as with everything else, there is much wisdom and goodness in this. One of these is stated to be "… giving them in exchange a purer son than him, one more compassionate."
ashkarslave4ALLA H

Yemen

#2339 Feb 21, 2014
Mahmood

Brampton, Canada

#2340 Feb 21, 2014
ashkarslave4ALLAH wrote:
story of Al-Khidr
very interesting videos explain why?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =OeBHqZditl0XX
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
The story of Al Khidr is one of the many folklore borrowed by the authors of the the Koran. According to historian Tabari, he writes "Al Khidr lived in the days of Afridhun the King, the son of Athfiyan, according to report of the majority of the first scripturies, and before the days of Moses b Amram......" Al Khidr "the green man" the green" in popular forlklore in the Islamic world he is primarily connected with the Koran 18:61-83 although not mentioned by name. In the Koranic tale, he is simply referred to as "abd min ibadina" (one of our worshippers, servants, whom Musa and his servant meet on a journey in search of the meeting place of the two seas.

Elements of the story are based on three sources: the Gilgamesh epic, the Alexander romance, and the Jewish legend of Elijah and Rabbi Joshua ben Levi.
ashkarslave4ALLA H

Yemen

#2341 Feb 21, 2014
Whatever Allah Does It Is For Our Best

yes HE is the merciful

So have faith in Him and trust in Him and although, sometimes we may not understand the reason behind certain things, know that as long as you obey Him, whatever He will do for you is, in fact for your betterment.

If Allah took away a dear, loved one, believe, from the bottom of your heart, that surely this was better. For, you never know, had the one who passed away lived longer, may be his life would have been one of sins and disobedience and Allah, out of His Mercy, took him before that....in a state of Imaan.

Our minds, our logic and our senses cannot even begin to fathom the Wisdom, the Knowledge and the Hikmah behind Allaah's decisions and verdicts. It is He who is the Wise....it is He who is the Just and it is He who is the Knower of the unseen. If we trust in Allaah, He will suffice and it is He who will grant us goodness in any situation and under any circumstances.

http://www.missionislam.com/knowledge/whateve...

ALLAH ordered Khidr 2 take the child’s life as merciful 4 parents and child himself “Children who died before puberty are very lively in Heaven, they are like rattling fish. One of them meets his/her parents and takes hold of their clothes and does not let it go until Allah lets his/her parents into Heaven with him/her.”(Jamiu’s Saghir, 3/2364).

Allah willed for Khidr (as) to take this child’s life, but He could have done it through somebody else. The boy could have been killed in an accident, by a heart attack, or by falling and sustaining a deadly head injury. As Allah makes clear: "… When their specified time arrives, they cannot delay it for a single hour, nor can they bring it forward" (Surat an-Nahl, 61).

Location hidden

#2342 Feb 21, 2014
ashkarslave4ALLAH wrote:
Whatever Allah Does It Is For Our Best
yes HE is the merciful
So have faith in Him and trust in Him and although, sometimes we may not understand the reason behind certain things, know that as long as you obey Him, whatever He will do for you is, in fact for your betterment.
If Allah took away a dear, loved one, believe, from the bottom of your heart, that surely this was better. For, you never know, had the one who passed away lived longer, may be his life would have been one of sins and disobedience and Allah, out of His Mercy, took him before that....in a state of Imaan.
Our minds, our logic and our senses cannot even begin to fathom the Wisdom, the Knowledge and the Hikmah behind Allaah's decisions and verdicts. It is He who is the Wise....it is He who is the Just and it is He who is the Knower of the unseen. If we trust in Allaah, He will suffice and it is He who will grant us goodness in any situation and under any circumstances.
http://www.missionislam.com/knowledge/whateve...
ALLAH ordered Khidr 2 take the child’s life as merciful 4 parents and child himself “Children who died before puberty are very lively in Heaven, they are like rattling fish. One of them meets his/her parents and takes hold of their clothes and does not let it go until Allah lets his/her parents into Heaven with him/her.”(Jamiu’s Saghir, 3/2364).
Allah willed for Khidr (as) to take this child’s life, but He could have done it through somebody else. The boy could have been killed in an accident, by a heart attack, or by falling and sustaining a deadly head injury. As Allah makes clear: "… When their specified time arrives, they cannot delay it for a single hour, nor can they bring it forward" (Surat an-Nahl, 61).
Well said man, Al Khader and Moses (PBUH) story is one of my favorite stories in the Quran, it holds so many lessons.

#2343 Feb 22, 2014
hazem selawi wrote:
<quoted text>
Today is supposed to be my birthday, So I would really appreciate it if you stop twisting my words.I did tell you that Jordan only applies Islamic inheritance rules and this kind of things come under the personal Sharia courts, I said that over and over and over and I did tell you that Jordan claim to be an Islamic country,you say that the constitution is based on Islam; then how come the government don't apply Zakkah which is one of the five pillars of Islam ??? how about the Islamic political system ??? economical and social ...etc
lets say Jordan applies at best cases 10% of Islam, and Islam state that all of its rules should be applied because its all connected , then where would that leave us ???
what happens if one pillars of Islam is lost ???
Saudi Arabia Government for instance claims that they apply Sharia law ..!! how come they have tens of American military bases on their lands ???!!! how come the Saudi regime is stealing literally everything and no one gets his hand cut ???!!!
<quoted text>
You got it all wrong and you always suppose that the woman can only get females witnesses under sharia law ..!!! you say if the man gets 2 male witnesses then the woman would need five ..!!! that's non sense because obviously the woman can also get 2 males witnesses, you make it look like its a war between men and women where men can only get male witnesses and the women can only get female witnesses ....!!!
even the male can get females witnesses just like how females can get both males and females witnesses.
<quoted text>
I never lied and Quran speaks for itself just read verses in context, and I will post you detailed explanations for these verses and hadiths soon although I already did like a thousand time.
<quoted text>
Why do you use terms you don't even have a clue what they are about ..?!!!
Taqiyya certainly doesn't mean to lie for your faith, Taqiyya may be used in a very rare cases like if one would be killed for his faith, lets say for instance someone put a gun to my head and said if you don't leave Islam i will kill you, in this case you are allowed in Islam to lie to survive, So why do you think I would use Taqiyya with you ?!!!
I find your ignorance appalling, why do you assume that I twist your words, I am completely capable of thinking for myself and just because you do not like my conclusions which are based on fact does not mean I twist your words.

Actually I was me who reminded you of the laws of Islamic inheritance and the quran verses form which they were adopted (several times) so do don’t be such a creep as to take credit for my words.

Actually you said that Jordan was not an Islamic country, hence my evidence to show you a complete blithering funnymentalst.

Why they don’t conform to your interpretation of Islam is because they are not you, Islam has given them the power of dictatorship and they choose how the hell they want to apply that dictatorship. I have told you before, if you don’t like it then stop winging and get out.

Who actually cares if any of the pillars of mythology are lost, there is a considerable amount of mythology that is lost thought the ages, if your god book is lost it will makes exactly no difference in the long run

As to Saudi, see 2 paragraphs above.

Bollocks, it was an example to show that a woman is worth half of a man, of course if the woman had a man witnessing here rape then she is welcome to call him as witness, the chancres are thought that he would have joined in for sloppy seconds.

And as I have told you a million tomes before, stop exaggerating and as I have told you several tomes before, I am not interested in after the fact apologetics

Of course you known what Taqiyya means, you make claims and then go on to disprove those claims. So if you lie about your faith what is to stop you lying about anything else? I have a maxim, once a liar always a liar.

#2344 Feb 22, 2014
hazem selawi wrote:
<quoted text>
you make it look like what is prohibited in Islam is prohibited for no reason, Islam doesn't leave anyone with a dead end, if somebody wants to have sex he can get married , if you want to eat you can eat or drink whatever you want as long as there isn't a specific text in Quran or Sunnah that prohibits a specific kind of food and/or drinks.
abortion for instance is prohibited in some cases like when there is no danger for either the mother or the fetus, we absolutely need qualified doctors to tell us that, you again made it look like Islam wouldn't care for doctors opinions.
<quoted text>
I don't care what some muslims may do, for the thousand time I dont deal with people's actions, we have a text that we can go back to, it is proven in the Quran that masturbation is unlawful for both men and women
"And those who guard their chastity except with their wives ......– for them is no blame
the Quran continues "But whoever seeks beyond that, then those are the transgressors"
I think I previously proved to you through Quran that Allah doesn't like transgressors, so it doesn't matter if some Muslims practice such a disgusting behavior that certainly wouldn't make it Halal.
<quoted text>
Again we'll get to scientific evidences in Quran and Sunnah once we are done explaining misconceptions.
<quoted text>
fair enough, but I wasn't talking about your questions, my point was you wasted your time to prove that Jordan is an Islamic country after I spent hours explaining how Jordanian's regime only claim to apply Islam while they nearly apply some Islamic personal issues, so they apply maybe 10% of Islam on some issues regarding the micro level and the macro level is completely ignored.
No I don’t make it look like any such thing, I am sure Islam has it’s reasons, What I am saying is that those reasons do not apply to the majority of the worlds population. And this is something that you seem incapable of understanding.
What happens if they want to have sex and do not want to get married? Ahh I know, they go to London or Paris or New York and visit a brothel. Either that or they get a few buddies and groom a child to accept rape and to be gratefull for the abuse.
Honey, I was the one advocating proper medical involvement in abortion cases, you on the other hand were adamant against abortion. So now you change your tune a little – again…How predictable.

No you only care what you do, this is one of the problems with Islam, it is selfish, it does not allow for individuality, for personal preference and personal thought.
Have you seen any StarTrek? Any of the Borg episodes? What did you think of the hive mind idea? The complete extraction of self and individuality? Absolute submission of the individual to the collective? Your threats of assimilation? Do you know where many of the concepts of the Borg came from? I will let you guess.
You have the ability, as all Muslims do to interpret that text in whatever way you want. Of course you will deny this so explain why other Muslims interpret the quran differently to you?

You can think whatever you like, you have proved nothing about Allah except that have great faith in a 1600 years old story that is based on bronze age superstition. Funny really, I don’t have such faith, what I work with are facts and evidence.

Waiting, actually you have already been there and you diverted when it got too difficult for you in the face of actual science. But I will wait eagerly for your next attempt.

And still I provided evidence that Jordan is an Islamic country as opposed to what you have supplied, opinion.

Location hidden

#2345 Feb 22, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
I find your ignorance appalling, why do you assume that I twist your words, I am completely capable of thinking for myself and just because you do not like my conclusions which are based on fact does not mean I twist your words.
I am sure you can think for yourself, but sometimes you come up with bizarre conclusions, like you previously concluded that Muslims think that their women are liars and that men usually don't lie, you also thought that women can only bring female witnesses thus they would need the multiply by 2 + 1 equation which is also one of your conclusions.
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually I was me who reminded you of the laws of Islamic inheritance and the quran verses form which they were adopted (several times) so do don’t be such a creep as to take credit for my words.
Actually you said that Jordan was not an Islamic country, hence my evidence to show you a complete blithering funnymentalst.
Fair enough, you did prove that Jordanian Regime claim that the constitution is based on Islamic principles, but that would never prove that Jordan is an Islamic country, because by Islamic country we mean an Islamic caliphate and a ruling on the method of Mohammed and his companions.
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Why they don’t conform to your interpretation of Islam is because they are not you, Islam has given them the power of dictatorship and they choose how the hell they want to apply that dictatorship. I have told you before, if you don’t like it then stop winging and get out.
Who actually cares if any of the pillars of mythology are lost
Just to clear things up, I don't get to interpret, we as public Muslims should stick with what is called "the agreed on by Muslims scientists and big scholars through history", more than 95% of Islam is agreed on by all scholars and there is some room for what is called "the opinion of the majority scholars" and then some different opinions regarding little issues, and Jordan among with other falsely claimed Islamic countries apply nothing of Islam but the very little things and ignore the big and important issues, like for instance alcohol is prohibited and in Jordan we have liqueur stores, Bars and night clubs.
Al Riba (Bank systems and interest rates) is completely prohibited and all of our economy depend on Banks, we have our own Islamic economical system but they Just ignore it, and the list goes on and on, trust me we are far away from Islam.
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
As to Saudi, see 2 paragraphs above.
Bollocks, it was an example to show that a woman is worth half of a man, of course if the woman had a man witnessing here rape then she is welcome to call him as witness, the chancres are thought that he would have joined in for sloppy seconds.
what do you think Muslims are ??!!! if you really think that a Muslim would join a rape then you really don't understand Islam at all, Stop stereotyping.
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course you known what Taqiyya means, you make claims and then go on to disprove those claims. So if you lie about your faith what is to stop you lying about anything else? I have a maxim, once a liar always a liar.
Taqiyya happened at the time of Mohammed (PBUH), because when Muslims immigrated to Al Madina , some of them stayed back in Mekkah and couldn't make it to Al Medina, so they had to hide their Islam or would be killed by the infidels.

But I really don't understand how Taqiyya would have anything to do with our conversation, Taqiyya may be used to hide your Islam not to lie for your faith ...!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The war on Christmas (Dec '10) 4 min Mikko 4,825
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 1 hr Chimney1 43,335
A Universe from Nothing? 1 hr Thinking 545
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 1 hr Thinking 18,596
News Why Do Atheists Ridicule Christianity? (May '11) 1 hr thetruth 10,066
Atheism is a mental illness 3 hr thetruth 16
News Hitchens, Dawkins and Harris are old news - a t... 3 hr thetruth 76
News Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... (Oct '14) 3 hr thetruth 21,204
For Atheists: Why do You Call Theories "Scient... 7 hr Eagle 12 770
More from around the web