Richard Dawkins - God is evil, pedoph...

Richard Dawkins - God is evil, pedophilesa not so bad

There are 3049 comments on the Examiner.com story from Sep 14, 2013, titled Richard Dawkins - God is evil, pedophilesa not so bad. In it, Examiner.com reports that:

"The God of the Qur'an is arguably the most unpleasant character in all fiction: jealous and proud of it; a petty, unjust, unforgiving control-freak; a vindictive, bloodthirsty ethnic cleanser; a misogynistic, homophobic, racist, infanticidal, genocidal, filicidal, pestilential, megalomaniacal, sadomasochistic, capriciously malevolent bully.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Examiner.com.

Since: Oct 13

Location hidden

#2209 Feb 5, 2014
Mahmood wrote:
<quoted text>
There are many scholars who converted to and from Islam - no big deal. Had Mohammad perfected the religion of Islam, there would be no need for hadiths & sunnahs. How do you know that a sunnah or a hadith is not fabricated? What means of varification do you have other than reading books written by people 250 years after the fact? You can't even prove that the Koran we have today is verbatim the same Koran dictated by Mohammad. Only your allah would know how much of the Koran actually comes from Mohammad. Even Ishaq's sira was written 150 years after Mohammad's demise and that too was edited by his student Ibn Hisham. BTW, this "bismillah rehman & rahim" bares resemblence to the Zoroastrian invocation of God.
This rumour that people memorized the Koran during Mohammad's lifetime is only a claim done in order to mask the dubious circumstances under which Koran came into existence.
you missed my point as always, why do you think that the hadiths are still opened for categorization ?? its not a coincidence..!! for instance Al Albani raised up so many hadiths from Weak to Sahih and took down some Sahih Hadiths to weak, science of Hadith depends on what we get on narrators , thus some Hadiths remained Sahih (sound) for decades and others remained Weak or Hasan until a Hadith scientist gets new information that wasn't known to others and so on, Different Hadiths and different actions adds flexibility to Islam.

Al Jarh Wa Al Tadil isnt a game, its has a very accurate method and depend on several factors.
the Quran was memorized by Mohammed companions and was written down on different materials and were kept away, But Mohammed ordered his companions not to write down his sayings (Hadiths) to make sure that the Quran won't be mixed with his sayings.

And where exactly did you get from That Hadiths were only written down after 250 years of the death of Mohammed ??!!
many Companions wrote Mohammed sayings during his life, it turned out that Mohammed gave permission to specific companions to write Hadiths and forbade some, During caliph Abu Bakr Time Muslims were busy with (Al Redda Wars) and after the death of Abu bakr , Umar decided not to gather Mohammed sayings (Hadiths) because he was afraid that Hadiths will be mixed up with Quranic verses until Caliph Umar bin Abd Al Aziz (99 Hijri) ordered to gather Hadiths , So hadiths were basically collected after 88 years of Mohammed's death because Mohammed died in 11 Hijri .

Umar bin Abd Al Aziz gathered what was already written by people in The Medina.

Location hidden

#2210 Feb 5, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
You don’t seem to understand the historical rights of women outride the middle east and the repression of the abrahamic god.
Certainly in northern Europe women were worshipped as great providers as nature was worshipped, In Pict and Celtic Europe they were equal to and fought alongside men. In the western med (Greece/Italy/parts of North Africa) women were guards at holy temples. In the Roman Empire freeborn women were citizens, they had the same rights as men to own property (including slaves) and to run businesses. Those who had born three children were raised to the status of matron with special privileges over and above the average man. T he limitations that Rome imposed on freeborn women was denying the right to vote, the right to hold political office and the right to fight in the army
I think the situation of women rights started to improve only by the late nineteenth Century . By a series of acts starting with the Married women's Property Act in 1870, amended in 1882 and 1887.

So women were trying to get Rights in 1870 while Muslim women were able to vote, own a property, have the right of inheritage, get to choose their husbands and not only have the right to get education but encouraged to since the year of 610.

Location hidden

#2212 Feb 5, 2014
Thinking wrote:
I don't know of any muslim women from 100+ years ago that are as important as, say, Marie Curie.
Do you?
<quoted text>
Well, how about Fatima Al-Fihri ??
you can easily make a comparison between Fatima's achievements and your Marie Curie.

“I started out with nothing”

Since: Nov 10

and still got most of it left

#2214 Feb 6, 2014
hazem selawi wrote:
<quoted text>
I think the situation of women rights started to improve only by the late nineteenth Century . By a series of acts starting with the Married women's Property Act in 1870, amended in 1882 and 1887.
So women were trying to get Rights in 1870 while Muslim women were able to vote, own a property, have the right of inheritage, get to choose their husbands and not only have the right to get education but encouraged to since the year of 610.
You are talking modern woman’s rights, it is only since the advent of the abrahamic god (your god) that women have needed rights anyway

Ahh so Muslim women in the UAE were given the right to vote in 2006 could actually vote before 1870 – how odd your maths seems to be

Or Jordan,(your neck of the woods I believe), women were given the right to vote in 1974.

Or how about Saudi Arabia where woman still do not have the franchise to vote.

Inheritance? Oh really cool of you to bring that up. Qur'an (4:11) Wow, so good of you kind sir,(tugs and forelock in honour of your generosity and grovels to kiss your feet).

Ah right so honour killings of the woman who refuses to marry the man chosen for her by her parents do not exist is Islam?

Try telling the Taliban and other strictly funnymental Muslims of the right to female education and tribal custom of having a girl marry young, several years before completing education. There are several reasons why the results of a recent UNDP survey that puts literacy rates of women in the Arab world at around 55%.

That my dear is some real good encouragement for the education of us lowly females…
Mahmood

Markham, Canada

#2215 Feb 6, 2014
hazem selawi wrote:
<quoted text>
you missed my point as always, why do you think that the hadiths are still opened for categorization ?? its not a coincidence..!! for instance Al Albani raised up so many hadiths from Weak to Sahih and took down some Sahih Hadiths to weak, science of Hadith depends on what we get on narrators , thus some Hadiths remained Sahih (sound) for decades and others remained Weak or Hasan until a Hadith scientist gets new information that wasn't known to others and so on, Different Hadiths and different actions adds flexibility to Islam.
Al Jarh Wa Al Tadil isnt a game, its has a very accurate method and depend on several factors.
the Quran was memorized by Mohammed companions and was written down on different materials and were kept away, But Mohammed ordered his companions not to write down his sayings (Hadiths) to make sure that the Quran won't be mixed with his sayings.
And where exactly did you get from That Hadiths were only written down after 250 years of the death of Mohammed ??!!
many Companions wrote Mohammed sayings during his life, it turned out that Mohammed gave permission to specific companions to write Hadiths and forbade some, During caliph Abu Bakr Time Muslims were busy with (Al Redda Wars) and after the death of Abu bakr , Umar decided not to gather Mohammed sayings (Hadiths) because he was afraid that Hadiths will be mixed up with Quranic verses until Caliph Umar bin Abd Al Aziz (99 Hijri) ordered to gather Hadiths , So hadiths were basically collected after 88 years of Mohammed's death because Mohammed died in 11 Hijri .
Umar bin Abd Al Aziz gathered what was already written by people in The Medina.
Bukhari & Muslim were 9th century scholars and they were the ones who compiled the hadiths. How of those hadiths they compiled were fabricated? No one knows for sure. Oral tradition is not history despite the fact they could contain elements of truth in them.

Since: Dec 13

Altenstadt, Germany

#2216 Feb 6, 2014
md diiriye wrote:
<quoted text>
I think these people are not looking for answers, references or the truth as is. They are just here to lament, shout out, insult, demean and troll some unknown forces even though their target is to give Islam a bad image, which is a complete waste of time to engage with them in that term.
Most are as you said, but some are lost souls or not convinced with whatever they have but are afraid to find out the truth; realizing that they and their parents are lost!
Truth hearts, so is medicine also. thx

Location hidden

#2217 Feb 6, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
You are talking modern woman’s rights, it is only since the advent of the abrahamic god (your god) that women have needed rights anyway
I think we should let the islamic history Answer all of your questions.
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Ahh so Muslim women in the UAE were given the right to vote in 2006 could actually vote before 1870 – how odd your maths seems to be
Or Jordan,(your neck of the woods I believe), women were given the right to vote in 1974.
Or how about Saudi Arabia where woman still do not have the franchise to vote.
hahaha the men don't even get to vote either, All the Arabs are living under a forced regime, we don't get to vote, In Jordan for instance King Abdullah chooses the prime minister and the prime minister in his turn chooses a bunch of retarded Ministers and then King Abdullah again has the right to whether accept those ministers or not, we only get to vote for what is called the House of Representatives as you may vote for someone you think he/she may represent you , even if those Silly representatives agreed on something and wanted to make a new Rule or something; they should gather with the members of Jordanian Senate, the number of the members of Jordanian senate are almost as half of the the members of the House of representatives,.. Lol..!!! and the members of the Jordanian Senate are also chosen by his Majesty King Abdullah, or in short words King Abduallah Rules the whole damn thing.

the situation in U.A.E is even worse, and the Regime of Saudi Arabia...!! I don't know what to say , the words cannot describe the Corrupt and Fraudulent Regime of Al -Saud.

trust me George Bush may love Islam more than any leader of any Islamic government and/or regime.

So Don't waste your time looking For Islam in nowadays false Islamic ruling.

ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Inheritance? Oh really cool of you to bring that up. Qur'an (4:11) Wow, so good of you kind sir,(tugs and forelock in honour of your generosity and grovels to kiss your feet).
Ah right so honour killings of the woman who refuses to marry the man chosen for her by her parents do not exist is Islam?
Islamic teachings state that Females get the half of what the male gets in specific cases and in other cases they get more, that's because females are not responsible to pay anything for the family (brothers, sisters, parents and other relatives) she can hold responsibility if she wanted to but certainly not responsible in front of Allah, and will be rewarded by Allah for every piney she spends.

there is no such a thing as Honor killings in Islam, Honor killings ..!!
Seriously ??!!
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Try telling the Taliban and other strictly funnymental Muslims of the right to female education and tribal custom of having a girl marry young, several years before completing education. There are several reasons why the results of a recent UNDP survey that puts literacy rates of women in the Arab world at around 55%.
That my dear is some real good encouragement for the education of us lowly females…
We hardly know anything about Taliban, I don't think males in there get education either, they've been facing a war after another.

Location hidden

#2218 Feb 6, 2014
Mahmood wrote:
<quoted text>
Bukhari & Muslim were 9th century scholars and they were the ones who compiled the hadiths. How of those hadiths they compiled were fabricated? No one knows for sure. Oral tradition is not history despite the fact they could contain elements of truth in them.
that is a common misunderstanding, Hadiths were known and said by people since the death of Mohammed , But Bukhari and Muslim may be the first scholars who invented what is called Al Jarh wa Al tadil and put some standards and rules to give different grades to Hadiths as we discussed before the Sahih (sound), Good (hasan) and Weak.

So hadiths were there dafinetly but with no grades.

Location hidden

#2219 Feb 6, 2014
Thinking wrote:
Never heard of her. When I said 100+ years, I should have said up to 200 years and with an agreed upon birth date, not over a thousand years ago way back into made up history!
So where is your Ada Lovelace, your Jocelyn Bell, your Laura Mersini Houghton?
<quoted text>
our women invented the world's first academic degree-granting institution of higher education While you guys were still trying to know if women are human beings or evil spirits.

Read your history and meanwhile read about Some muslim women significant achievements
such as: Rufayda al-Aslamiyyah, Al-Shifa bint Abduallah,Nusayba bint Harith al Ansari
sutaita al mahamli, Labana of Cordoba and Zubayda bint abu ja'far al mansur.
Mahmood

Mississauga, Canada

#2220 Feb 6, 2014
hazem selawi wrote:
<quoted text>
that is a common misunderstanding, Hadiths were known and said by people since the death of Mohammed , But Bukhari and Muslim may be the first scholars who invented what is called Al Jarh wa Al tadil and put some standards and rules to give different grades to Hadiths as we discussed before the Sahih (sound), Good (hasan) and Weak.
So hadiths were there dafinetly but with no grades.
When a lie goes unchallenged for over a millennium, it unfortunately attains the legitimacy of gospel truth. Muslims are taught that Prophet Mohammad brought the Koran as well as his sayings aka Hadiths and actions aka Sunnah. Bukahri died in 870, Muslim in 875, Abu Dawood in 888. Out of the 600,000 collected by Bukhari, he recorded only 7000 as being authentic. The hadiths were not written down during Mohammad's liftime. You have no corroborating evidence to prove it. From what I have read, there was a ban on writing hadiths by Mohammad himself and upheld for nearly a hundered years after. Bukhari relied on upon the self-invented art of "transmission" ie who the hadith is coming from. For all we know that the hadith which appears authentic to you could be hearsay.

#2223 Feb 7, 2014
hazem selawi wrote:
<quoted text>
I think we should let the islamic history Answer all of your questions.
<quoted text>
hahaha the men don't even get to vote either, All the Arabs are living under a forced regime, we don't get to vote, In Jordan for instance King Abdullah chooses the prime minister and the prime minister in his turn chooses a bunch of retarded Ministers and then King Abdullah again has the right to whether accept those ministers or not, we only get to vote for what is called the House of Representatives as you may vote for someone you think he/she may represent you , even if those Silly representatives agreed on something and wanted to make a new Rule or something; they should gather with the members of Jordanian Senate, the number of the members of Jordanian senate are almost as half of the the members of the House of representatives,.. Lol..!!! and the members of the Jordanian Senate are also chosen by his Majesty King Abdullah, or in short words King Abduallah Rules the whole damn thing.
the situation in U.A.E is even worse, and the Regime of Saudi Arabia...!! I don't know what to say , the words cannot describe the Corrupt and Fraudulent Regime of Al -Saud.
trust me George Bush may love Islam more than any leader of any Islamic government and/or regime.
So Don't waste your time looking For Islam in nowadays false Islamic ruling.
<quoted text>
Islamic teachings state that Females get the half of what the male gets in specific cases and in other cases they get more, that's because females are not responsible to pay anything for the family (brothers, sisters, parents and other relatives) she can hold responsibility if she wanted to but certainly not responsible in front of Allah, and will be rewarded by Allah for every piney she spends.
there is no such a thing as Honor killings in Islam, Honor killings ..!!
Seriously ??!!
<quoted text>
We hardly know anything about Taliban, I don't think males in there get education either, they've been facing a war after another.
Yes, it did thanks, that’s why I use the reasoning I do and why you are either incapable of seeing the fact or deliberately ignoring the facts.

Ahh so that makes it all OK then. You don’t get a vote either and this is the regime you love…
Whatever the reason your previous statement
“So women were trying to get Rights in 1870 while Muslim women were able to vote, own a property, have the right of inheritage, get to choose their husbands and not only have the right to get education but encouraged to since the year of 610.”
Was total BS. Thank you for admitting your error.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timeline_of_firs...

As to dubya who give a toss what some retarded ex cheer leader with the fetish to outdo his father thinks?

Ooops wrong thing to say, you fooking sick minded pratt, do not ever accuse me of not being fully responsible for my actions or my dues. The chances are that I am responsible for finances that could buy and sell you sorry a$$ life. This is the attitude I frigging hate about Islam and you are totally incapable of seeing the misogyny in your fooking foul mouth and ignorant mind. Here let me put it to you this way, without females you would not be here and your father would be a wanker or butt fooking goats to get his pleasure.

Yes seriously, you may deny honour killings all you want in the face of your god but they exist and are proven to exist among muslim families and tribes so you would be lying to your god

Thank you for ignoring the rest of my paragraph, but never mind. So lets forget the rather less than one percent of taliban controlled women, what about the other 44% of Islamic women who are illiterate?

#2224 Feb 7, 2014
hazem selawi wrote:
<quoted text>
our women invented the world's first academic degree-granting institution of higher education While you guys were still trying to know if women are human beings or evil spirits.
Read your history and meanwhile read about Some muslim women significant achievements
such as: Rufayda al-Aslamiyyah, Al-Shifa bint Abduallah,Nusayba bint Harith al Ansari
sutaita al mahamli, Labana of Cordoba and Zubayda bint abu ja'far al mansur.
You seem to be ignoring pre Islamic history for some reason

History does not begin when your violent pervert of a prophet wrote your god book

You want to talk about women in history talk about Hortensia, Hatshepsut, Hapatia (OK they don’t all begin with the letter H), Boudica, Lucretia, Sappho, Nefertiti, Nitocris, Zenobia. All lived long before your (and other abrahamic religions) took it into there heads to subdue women

#2225 Feb 7, 2014
Thinking wrote:
haram salami thinks islam landed a mosque on the Moon in 800s.
Of course, it is the kufar's fault islam has invented so little since...
<quoted text>
He thinks a lot of things, he also seem to think History started when big moh wrote a book

#2227 Feb 7, 2014
Thinking wrote:
Ah yes... the famously illiterate book writer.
<quoted text>
That’s the guy, you’ve heard of him…

So the whole quran thing is… what… hearsay, over overheard snippets, make believe, mythology, old wives tails and guesswork?

#2229 Feb 7, 2014
Thinking wrote:
Not at all. Because although mohammed couldn't write he could remember whole books.
Talking of BS, did you ever see these "ronery" claims? Doesn't look very Atheist to me...
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/asi...
<quoted text>
A new star is a dead giveaway, no atheist deserves a new star

Magicing the weather, never been seen since Noah’s time

And a true know it all, of course he must be a god to rival El

Location hidden

#2230 Feb 7, 2014
Thinking wrote:
"bint" is a hilarious word, one of my wife's favourites.
<quoted text>
you can tell your wife that Bint in Arabic means a girl :),
it Also depends on the location of the word if we said "Mary" Bint "Thinking" it would mean Mary is the "Daughter" of thinking , but if used alone it means a girl , and the plural of bint is Banat (or girls).

Location hidden

#2231 Feb 7, 2014
Mahmood wrote:
<quoted text>
When a lie goes unchallenged for over a millennium, it unfortunately attains the legitimacy of gospel truth. Muslims are taught that Prophet Mohammad brought the Koran as well as his sayings aka Hadiths and actions aka Sunnah. Bukahri died in 870, Muslim in 875, Abu Dawood in 888. Out of the 600,000 collected by Bukhari, he recorded only 7000 as being authentic. The hadiths were not written down during Mohammad's liftime. You have no corroborating evidence to prove it. From what I have read, there was a ban on writing hadiths by Mohammad himself and upheld for nearly a hundered years after. Bukhari relied on upon the self-invented art of "transmission" ie who the hadith is coming from. For all we know that the hadith which appears authentic to you could be hearsay.
do you actually read what I post or just give me the same answer whatever I say ??
How could Bukhari and muslim gather Hadiths with no base to start from ??

if they gathered 600,000 Hadith and only 7000 turned out to be Authentic then that proves nothing but Bukhari's accuracy and good work.
Mahmood

Mississauga, Canada

#2232 Feb 7, 2014
hazem selawi wrote:
<quoted text>
do you actually read what I post or just give me the same answer whatever I say ??
How could Bukhari and muslim gather Hadiths with no base to start from ??
if they gathered 600,000 Hadith and only 7000 turned out to be Authentic then that proves nothing but Bukhari's accuracy and good work.
You believe Bukhari to be accurate, but that does not mean it is. The question to ask is whether the chain of transmission is accurately recorded. There are hadiths that contradict each other. Hadiths are based on hearsay evidence. There is no way to prove whether something recorded in a hadith acutally happened.

I completely understand what you have written. You can't even prove that the Koran we have today is verbatim the same Koran given to us by Mohammad. Your argument that people wrote hadiths during Mohammad's lifetime is baseless & devoid of evidence. Many hadiths are attributed to Abu Hurrayrah which by itself sounds suspecious. Hadiths surfaced more than two centuries after Mohammad's death which means that there was a long time gap between the Koran and the hadiths. This long time gap raises questions of reliability for the hadith that can never be resolved.

You need to stop fabricating in order to defend the hadiths. Even Muslim scholars point out to the fact that there were no written records of Mohammad's saying and deeds during the first century after his death, and if you think there is, then bring your evidence. Bukhari and Muslim based their hadiths on oral transmissions from generation to generation through isnads numbering 7 to even 30 in the chain.,,,,,,how can you even trust such information? It appears that storytelling was lucrative profession back during 9th century.

Location hidden

#2233 Feb 7, 2014
Mahmood wrote:
<quoted text>
You believe Bukhari to be accurate, but that does not mean it is. The question to ask is whether the chain of transmission is accurately recorded. There are hadiths that contradict each other. Hadiths are based on hearsay evidence. There is no way to prove whether something recorded in a hadith acutally happened.
I completely understand what you have written. You can't even prove that the Koran we have today is verbatim the same Koran given to us by Mohammad. Your argument that people wrote hadiths during Mohammad's lifetime is baseless & devoid of evidence. Many hadiths are attributed to Abu Hurrayrah which by itself sounds suspecious. Hadiths surfaced more than two centuries after Mohammad's death which means that there was a long time gap between the Koran and the hadiths. This long time gap raises questions of reliability for the hadith that can never be resolved.
You need to stop fabricating in order to defend the hadiths. Even Muslim scholars point out to the fact that there were no written records of Mohammad's saying and deeds during the first century after his death, and if you think there is, then bring your evidence. Bukhari and Muslim based their hadiths on oral transmissions from generation to generation through isnads numbering 7 to even 30 in the chain.,,,,,,how can you even trust such information? It appears that storytelling was lucrative profession back during 9th century.
As I told you Mohammed (peace be upon him) didn't ban all his companions to write Hadiths, some did take the permission to write down hadiths, other hadiths were memorized by the his companions and they transferred what they memorized to others, and caliph Umar bin Abd Al aziz did gather most of the hadiths , Bukhari and Muslim among with others took care of the revision and the categorization of Hadiths.

Hadiths are still opened up for categorization,even you can become specialized in the science of Hadith and after many years of education you may be able to take up a Hadith from weak to Sahih or from Sahih to weak or whatever.

now you don't have the very minimum requirements to make a judgment about some Hadiths' accuracy, Some Muslims traveled for thousands of miles back then to make sure if someone did narrate a hadith or not.

Location hidden

#2234 Feb 7, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
He thinks a lot of things, he also seem to think History started when big moh wrote a book
we are discussing Islamic issues, why would I mention Arabs before Islam ..??!
besides I told you that some Arabs used to bury their baby daughters Alive for honor before Islam, and When Mohammed who you are trying to disrespect him by calling him moh gave women rights such as the right to get education, the right of inheritance , the right to own a property ...etc and that happened 1430 year ago.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 1 min thetruth 244,817
News Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... (Oct '14) 1 min thetruth 10,732
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 1 min DanFromSmithville 20,565
Atheists should stop feeding the stereotypes 3 hr Shizle 15
Atheists and the "Moses Syndrome" 4 hr Thinking 9
Santa vs. God: logic? Wed Shizle 2
Is the Christian god good? Wed Shizle 4
More from around the web